Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Any reason not to do gerudo land and the beast asap for the flight assist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Ciaphas posted:

Flight assist? Urbosa's power is a AOE thunder attack. You want the Rito one.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Ciaphas posted:

You can do that first but the bird boys are what you want. I did zora first and I’m glad I did because I still suck at combat.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh right I got mixed up. Rito it is.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I am on my second playthrough and am hundreds of hours in and I still have not seen a bear in game yet.

Where even are they?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I am on my second playthrough and am hundreds of hours in and I still have not seen a bear in game yet.

Where even are they?

Sorry friend...Bears can only be seen by the pure of heart.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fffffffffff........gently caress

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I did gerudo first because I wanted pretty clothes and my pal looked at me like I was nuts for taking that dungeon first

Here's a hot tip, you keep your key items on noobie curse island so you can just electrocute the hinox to death. Loophole!!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I lost my goddamn hylian shield in a lake from a shock. Urge to continue play falling :smith:

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Ciaphas posted:

I lost my goddamn hylian shield in a lake from a shock. Urge to continue play falling :smith:

Make an ice platform and fish it out with your magnet ya dingdong!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

It was hours ago and I didn’t realize for a long while because I was on a shrine hunt :saddowns:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You can get a new one in Tarry Town eventually.

It's not like you really need it anyway, I always had more shields than I new what to do with.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

jivjov posted:

Sorry friend...Bears can only be seen by the pure of heart.

jivjov... you're branching out from relentless pedantic literalism... what's happened to you, man?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Ciaphas posted:

It's not like it's gone forever. Once you go through the paces of unlocking the way to replace it, getting a new one will be rather trivial.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I've never even heard of Tarry Town, this game is way too freaking large for a non exploration minded guy like me :suicide:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I've never even heard of Tarry Town, this game is way too freaking large for a non exploration minded guy like me :suicide:

Well, it doesn't exist yet.

You get to help make it yourself.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, it doesn't exist yet.

You get to help make it yourself.

I wish you could move or get a second house there. I’d much rather live there than Hateno.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wish you could move or get a second house there. I’d much rather live there than Hateno.

Take it up with your parents who named you after the hero of legend instead of something that ended in -son.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
:stare: The Trial of the Sword sure is easier if you do it in Master Mode before doing it in Normal Mode. I was prepared for it to be a bit simpler but holy poo poo, it's like some anime training with weights on bullshit how much easier it was to do the beginning trials.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ok I've given up on finding those love bears I have no clue where to even look for them.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

jivjov... you're branching out from relentless pedantic literalism... what's happened to you, man?

I felt like telling a joke :)

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

jivjov posted:

I felt like telling a joke :)

And it was a good one.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I feel i should do the last trials before the dlc comes out but cbf

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Nonviolent J posted:

I feel i should do the last trials before the dlc comes out but cbf

Do it, it's the most fun of the 3 IMO

On an unrelated note, good lord do gold lynels hit hard, I've got 2 pieces of 4* soldier armor and the 4* hylian hood and they still take off a huge chunk if I mistime a dodge. The drops, tho :getin: I've got 4 32x5 savage lynel bows now and my worst non-elemental weapon does 58 damage.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I feel like my next goal after doing the Rito beast should be to find the Great Fairies. I've only ever found the one by Kakariko; hopefully I can work out how to find the others on my own without relying on the Internet or random wandering.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ciaphas posted:

I feel like my next goal after doing the Rito beast should be to find the Great Fairies. I've only ever found the one by Kakariko; hopefully I can work out how to find the others on my own without relying on the Internet or random wandering.

It took me a long time after Kakariko one to find the other 3 but that was due to the route I was using I guess. You should be able to find them without help. The areas where they actually are are kinda obvious.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

There's at least one more that's part of a quest, make sure to talk to everyone around the stables and in the towns. You shouldn't have to go far off the beaten path to find any of them.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I didn't even find the Hylian shield until my final delve, and I'm not sure it's actually that fun to play with. I already underutilized shields, so having a forever shield isn't going to make it any more balanced.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

I didn't even find the Hylian shield until my final delve, and I'm not sure it's actually that fun to play with. I already underutilized shields, so having a forever shield isn't going to make it any more balanced.

I'll be honest I mostly wanted it for surfing :downs:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ZorajitZorajit posted:

What would you all hope for in the next mainline Zelda game? Assuming they evolve from the new baseline that is BotW. I think some larger dungeons would be well received, but I appreciate the idea that making the game "short burst playable' has a lot of merit. I'd also like to see the Triforce be central to the mythology again. I'm not sure if they can keep the "use and experiment with lots of weapons" while alleviating the frustration of their constant breaking. Maybe follow Dark Souls and have some weapons repair at towns / rests / whatever but keep the durability fairly low?

I have been thinking about this a lot, and ultimately what I want is for them to sort of go the Majora's Mask route. Give me a massive city teeming with intrigue that I can muck around in. A multilayered castle city with Goron Districts, Zoratowns, etc. Make some non-Ganon big bad take control early on, lock down the city, and declare me an outlaw (like in LTTP). Give me a hookshot to spider-link around the city with. Give me various outfits and masks I can wear as disguises. Give me cool and important areas repurposed as dungeons and temples. Let me clear my name by doing good deeds for the various cityfolk. Have Zelda running some kind of guerrilla resistance that I can bump into from time to time.

And definitely give me a bunch of loveable weirdos to want to hang around with.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I have been thinking about this a lot, and ultimately what I want is for them to sort of go the Majora's Mask route. Give me a massive city teeming with intrigue that I can muck around in. A multilayered castle city with Goron Districts, Zoratowns, etc. Make some non-Ganon big bad take control early on, lock down the city, and declare me an outlaw (like in LTTP). Give me a hookshot to spider-link around the city with. Give me various outfits and masks I can wear as disguises. Give me cool and important areas repurposed as dungeons and temples. Let me clear my name by doing good deeds for the various cityfolk. Have Zelda running some kind of guerrilla resistance that I can bump into from time to time.

And definitely give me a bunch of loveable weirdos to want to hang around with.

Yep pretty much this. That'd be cool.

I wonder how it'll feel to try other open-world games after the perfection that was this one. Never having played Skyrim I'm pretty excited about next week's release but I wonder if I won't just be constantly comparing it.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Where even are they?

Woods, mostly. There's one hangs out in the woods by the little tributary river by Duelling Peaks Stable, who's probably the easiest to find reliably, and if you check out the SW bit of the Gerudo Highlands - where it's lower and flatter but still snowy - you'll find bears with friends.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

My other request is for them to do a mashup/remake of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

What I'm picturing is a classic 3D Zelda that takes OoT's openish design and opens it up even more. Remove most (but not all) of the artificial gates. Do classic temples/items progression.

Now, add in Majora's Mask's living world full of quests and impending apocalypse. Everything happens on a schedule. Here's the twist though. The Apocalypse isn't game over, it's just an event where the overworld state changes, like travelling into the future in OoT. If you can survive it, you'll find yourself in a nightmare dark world. You can travel back with your ocarina and choose to try and thwart the Apocalypse, or try to defeat the evil it unleashes once and for all.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can def play in small increments . I got it in march and beat the game in October .

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

euphronius posted:

You can def play in small increments . I got it in march and beat the game in October .

I agree. I played through it mostly in 30-minute chunks with my toddler over the course of the summer and early fall. I've never beaten a Hinox because he doesn't like them for some reason. None of the Ganon fights phased him, though...

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Too many people to quote, but thank you guys for answering my question! I think I'm definitely going to try and get the game, maybe it will be a christmas gift to my son(and myself mwuhahaha).

Not that it matters now, but to answer the question on what I liked about the zelda games I've played. I really like the exploration aspect, not knowing 'exactly' where to go all the time, figuring out all the little side quests, etc. It sounds like this game would fit my preferences really well. Looking forward to trying it!

I'll be getting it for the Wii U, so hopefully it doesn't suck on that platform.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DoctaFun posted:

Too many people to quote, but thank you guys for answering my question! I think I'm definitely going to try and get the game, maybe it will be a christmas gift to my son(and myself mwuhahaha).

Not that it matters now, but to answer the question on what I liked about the zelda games I've played. I really like the exploration aspect, not knowing 'exactly' where to go all the time, figuring out all the little side quests, etc. It sounds like this game would fit my preferences really well. Looking forward to trying it!

I'll be getting it for the Wii U, so hopefully it doesn't suck on that platform.

You're in for a massive treat. The Wii U version is fine since it was originally designed for that platform. Take the game at your own pace, do what you want and don't look up anything to get maximum enjoyment out of it.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 11, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Wii U version had some framerate issues in the beginning but they’ve largely been patched out. It’s a great game on both platforms.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Whoo grinding out the stuff so I could get climbing and stealth set bonuses was a good idea. Gottagofast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
3rding that playing on the WiiU is 100% fine. I've put hundreds of hours into it and the only time I can remember the game lagging at all (outside of playing on the controller and moving too far away from the console) was in the first month or so of the game and really only when I ran into very large packs of enemies. It got patched real fast and plays like a dream.