Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

that is literally twice the price of a console, which is what i said in my post, i said you'd need to pay twice as much money. And then you can't even play the best looking games on it, because they aren't on the PC lmao, you gotta play lovely mobas and counterstrike and mmos with all the other spergs.

um excuse me bitch, all the spergs have moved on from cs:go to pubg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Good soup! posted:

"aww yeah just put another 1080ti video card in, time to load up this brown piece of poo poo with no animations that looks like a cheap knockoff shooter from 2007. plz watch my stream and donate"

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Caesar Saladin posted:

And then you can't even play the best looking games on it, because they aren't on the PC lmao,

This is just crazy. There are a ton of games on PC that look far better than stuff like Horizon.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The Dennis System posted:

This is just crazy. There are a ton of games on PC that look far better than stuff like Horizon.

like what? what looks better than Horizon or Uncharted?

are you gonna post crysis 3 screenshots now

or like, modded skyrim

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Caesar Saladin posted:

like what? what looks better than Horizon or Uncharted?

are you gonna post crysis 3 screenshots now

or like, modded skyrim

The Division, Battlefield 1, Rise of the Tomb Raider. Hell, even the newest Gears of War looks better IMO.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The Division, Battlefield 1, Rise of the Tomb Raider. Hell, even the newest Gears of War looks better IMO.

Whoa this guy sure does love brown and grey games. None of those games look as good as Horizon or Uncharted, you're wrong as heck. Gears of War lol at those characters and enemies. And Tomb Raider is just an lamer looking version of horizon with much worse gameplay. You pc gamers are just starving for games.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's a fact that you can generally put larger textures and better effects on PC, hell, even the Xbone X can make games look better than the ps4 pro.

Something about GPU pipelines or whatever techno-magic though makes the PS4 capable of doing poo poo PCs can't. The particle effects in Infamous Second Son and First Light come to mind.

In general, though, PC games have the capability to look much better than console games.

hth.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
PC starving for games? In what world lmao. There's plenty of reasons to defend consoles. Graphics and games selection aren't on the list.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

I have to admit that Uncharted 4 has the best human faces of any game by a wide margin.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I am disappointed that my attempt at a Nintendo honeypot was derailed for another PC master race argument.

Which makes no sense because PC is objectively better in every metric.

I have to admit that Uncharted 4 has the best human faces of any game by a wide margin.

Maybe Uncharted 5 will come with gameplay.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
LA Noire has like... real faces. It's hard to describe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY_o7rnH9vw&t=89s

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

pc gamers jerk off over the word "objectively," they are the most objective people with their objective analysis of all situations leading only to the highest framerate and resolution dota 2 games, shut up mom i'm streaming goddammit

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Good soup! posted:

pubg is the dumbest loving thing and I don't understand the appeal at all.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

a bone to pick posted:

I don't understand why you keep linking an $800 laptop as proof that laptops are better than game consoles lol.

I can take it to a friend's house and play with him.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Caesar Saladin posted:

pc gamers jerk off over the word "objectively," they are the most objective people with their objective analysis of all situations leading only to the highest framerate and resolution dota 2 games, shut up mom i'm streaming goddammit

where did the pc gamers touch you?

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
Someone bought a console for uncharted?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Magius1337est posted:

Someone bought a console for uncharted?

people right now are buying better computer components for Star Citizen, these people are exclusively pc gamers

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
console exclusives

xbox: lovely halo
ps4: uncharted, press x to continue movie

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hand-to-god the last console exclusive I ever wanted was Demon's Souls, and I already had a PS3 at that time.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

bloodborne and yakuza series, you guys would probably like Horizon Zero Dawn too even if you're too antagonistic to admit it right now

you can play those awesome pc exclusives like uhh civ 5 and starcraft 2 instead though i guess?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bloodborne and Yakuza are nice. Horizon Zero Dawn looks really cool. I just don't care enough about them to buy a console when I can play literally 95% of the same library on a PC I've already built, usually for much cheaper if I'm willing to wait for a Steam Sale or HumbleBundle. Plus I'm a fan of Guild Wars 2 and alt. games, and those don't have any representation on consoles.

I'm not being antagonistic, those are literally my circumstances.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Caesar Saladin posted:

bloodborne and yakuza series, you guys would probably like Horizon Zero Dawn too even if you're too antagonistic to admit it right now

you can play those awesome pc exclusives like uhh civ 5 and starcraft 2 instead though i guess?

Bloodborne is awesome, but the Yakuza series has terrible combat, and is just a poor man's GTA.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Bloodborne is awesome, but the Yakuza series has terrible combat, and is just a poor man's GTA.

it really isn't the same experience as gta at all, they are just similar at first glance

like cmon gta is a driving game where you drive 90% of the missions

also everybody in the world has beaten gta years ago

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
GTAV has a popular online mode that has made Rockstar over 500 million dollars, I like to play it sometimes. It's why GTAV is rarely on sale and is still being sold for $60 four years after release.

In fact, since this is the unpopular opinion thread, it's the most fun online game for the ps4.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Retro roguelikes with ascii graphics are poo poo games for :spergin:s.

Actually anything that uses ascii graphics in 2017 is poo poo.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

GTAV has a popular online mode that has made Rockstar over 500 million dollars, I like to play it sometimes. It's why GTAV is rarely on sale and is still being sold for $60 four years after release.

In fact, since this is the unpopular opinion thread, it's the most fun online game for the ps4.

I think GTAV probably killed traditional gaming. From now on it's going to be online, MMO, loot box bullshit for everything. We used to talk about "tacked-on multi-player" but "tacked-on (maybe) single-player" is the future.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

breaklaw posted:

I think GTAV probably killed traditional gaming. From now on it's going to be online, MMO, loot box bullshit for everything. We used to talk about "tacked-on multi-player" but "tacked-on (maybe) single-player" is the future.

Rockstar didn't invent MMOs or loot crates, they don't even have loot crates in the game, also they focused on the single player story and released the multiplayer aspect after release.

I think it opened up pandora's box for peer-to-peer multiplayer though, big publishers realised they could save millions of dollars by negating the need for servers and now you see it everywhere.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

Rockstar didn't invent MMOs or loot crates, they don't even have loot crates in the game, also they focused on the single player story and released the multiplayer aspect after release.

I think it opened up pandora's box for peer-to-peer multiplayer though, big publishers realised they could save millions of dollars by negating the need for servers and now you see it everywhere.

I know. they basically fell into it rear end backwards. I think some of the project leads didn't even want to make it in the beginning. I think even stuff like Halo and Call of Duty multi-player being more popular was a surprise. Doesn't matter, after the money these companies are making off this poo poo there's basically no way around it.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

a bone to pick posted:

It's a fact that you can generally put larger textures and better effects on PC, hell, even the Xbone X can make games look better than the ps4 pro.

Something about GPU pipelines or whatever techno-magic though makes the PS4 capable of doing poo poo PCs can't. The particle effects in Infamous Second Son and First Light come to mind.

In general, though, PC games have the capability to look much better than console games.

hth.

I guess I'm just a bad shopper, I keep looking at buying a new PC but can't find one that's even equivalent to a PS4 that doesn't cost way more

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

where did the pc gamers touch you?

They touched me right in my gate.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

2house2fly posted:

I guess I'm just a bad shopper, I keep looking at buying a new PC but can't find one that's even equivalent to a PS4 that doesn't cost way more

Are you sure that you aren't just overestimating what a PS4 can do? Because it's hardware was outdated even when it came out and it really doesn't take much to run modern games at 720p 30 fps, especially if you consider that the Non-Pro PS4 can't even keep stable 30 fps in a lot of games.

Convoolio
Oct 31, 2005

pc gaming will slowly be consumed by mmo anime dating sims with loot boxes

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Convoolio posted:

pc gaming will slowly be consumed by mmo anime dating sims with loot boxes

There will always be Dwarf Fortress.

Convoolio
Oct 31, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

There will always be Dwarf Fortress streams.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Some tech website recently tried to build a PC with the same specs as an xbox one x at the same price and they couldn't do it. Xbox one x is good bang for the buck!

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I also can't find a car that is as affordable as my moped.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Are you sure that you aren't just overestimating what a PS4 can do? Because it's hardware was outdated even when it came out and it really doesn't take much to run modern games at 720p 30 fps, especially if you consider that the Non-Pro PS4 can't even keep stable 30 fps in a lot of games.

i don't think any ps4 games run at 720p, sometimes they run at 900p but not that often

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
GTA 4 was better, better driving and a lot more interactive

hell the mission variety and length was a lot better, there were actual shootouts and poo poo

all the weapons in gta 5 were practically the same and the game just played more like an interactive movie

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Some tech website recently tried to build a PC with the same specs as an xbox one x at the same price and they couldn't do it. Xbox one x is good bang for the buck!

consoles use those dedicated 1 task graphics gpus, but eventually they'll be outclasses by a regular desktop graphics card in like a month which has way more future proofing and actual graphical fidelity while the console will be stuck rendering newer games at low settings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
dark souls */bloodborn is better when accompanied by the stardew valley soundtrack