Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

wonder how this would've gone in the court of public opinion if Roy Moore vehemently denied groping the 14 year-old but totally owned the kissing teenagers part of the story

i do not understand in this 2017 world but this is exactly what occurred in the last 4 hour

been a while since i hit the dog tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Space Gopher posted:

Just another white terrorist lone wolf, nothing to see here.

If you read the article it was the black dude (there's two suspects) who made the bomb and gave it to the white ATC, which is not what I would have expected.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The traitorous Muslim-loving minority scumbags and I just need to put our differences behind us.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

If you read the article it was the black dude (there's two suspects) who made the bomb and gave it to the white ATC, which is not what I would have expected.

"Hey, I made this pipe bomb to throw at my neighbor, but I decided not to. You want it?"

"Sure. Those come in pretty handy sometimes."

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mantis42 posted:

What the gently caress? Shouldn't this be a bigger deal?

weapon of mass destruction is a pretty vague term

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Shifty Pony posted:

Both of you, Settings-> General -> Software Update.

Apple released a patch to fix the "I" autocorrect glitch. Takes about 15-20 minutes to install.

Yeah I dunno. iOS 11 is a dumpster fire.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

wonder how this would've gone in the court of public opinion if Roy Moore vehemently denied groping the 14 year-old but totally owned the kissing teenagers part of the story

you apparently missed the discussion of the Hannity interview where he admitted everything except the parts that were crimes

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mantis42 posted:

What the gently caress? Shouldn't this be a bigger deal?

Not if you actually read the article.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
unfortunately, after 5 hours of steady ranking, #roymoorechildmolestor is no longer trending on twitter

alas, there is always tomorrow

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

#shitthatdidnthappen

Did anyone in the conversation thread call him out.

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

Paracaidas posted:

Dems may face a similar debacle in NJ (though I still expect he gets off).

If you hear any loud popping noises after that verdict, it'll be the heads exploding when McConnell insists that Christie be allowed to name the replacement since he's governor at the time, rather than the winner of the election.

is a dem in nj having some sort of sex scandal?

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

dbukalski posted:

is a dem in nj having some sort of sex scandal?

Menendez. Corruption charges.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TyroneGoldstein posted:

#shitthatdidnthappen

I think a couple of pages ago someone presented evidence that this is a bot account

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Does anyone have audio/video of this?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Menendez. Corruption charges.

Considering the jury had to be told who a US senator was I'm thinking he's going to get off.

trinary
Jul 21, 2003

College Slice

Boris Galerkin posted:

Update doesn't stop it from being displayed, it stops autocorrect from screwing up and adding that character sequence in the first place. Everyone else needs to install it.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

TyroneGoldstein posted:

#shitthatdidnthappen

He's not listed anywhere in the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

This will seem weird, but this will go over big among conservative family-values Christians.

When the conversation gets hard or awkward, pivot to nonsense words. If that doesn't work, pivot to nonsense words, with singing and dancing.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Boris Galerkin posted:

The person typing it has to update to fix it, and it only fixes it in newly typed things.

But yes iOS 11 is a clown show.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think a couple of pages ago someone presented evidence that this is a bot account

Not evidence but HMM. :raise:

My uncle works at nintendo and he told me that Trump has a peetape.

e- Also, Kale I know you cannot respond but this is not a dig. If you don't chill out a little bit tyool 2017 your heart is goona explode.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 11, 2017

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Steve Bannon shook.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Geraldo, drat

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

trinary posted:

Update doesn't stop it from being displayed, it stops autocorrect from screwing up and adding that character sequence in the first place. Everyone else needs to install it.

Yeah I realize that now. This whole time I thought it was a display issue on my end.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

evilweasel posted:

their best plan is to have the governor reschedule the election far enough out they can replace him

Is that something she can do, and how is it due-process-type-stuff-wise? As a layman, it seems like it'd be iffy to let governor's reschedule elections for political reasons
(but you would probably want to be able to do that for a hurricane or something).

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Does anyone have audio/video of this?

Geraldo starts around 19:20 in this video. Hannity's comment actually comes a bit later when Gregg Jarrett of all people is tearing into Moore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvD5s33wMCw&t=1159s

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Young Freud posted:

Steve Bannon shook.

I remember when everyone, me included, though Bannon was the shadowy mastermind behind Trump's administration.

Nope, just another bucolic dipshit.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, that's about my understanding of the actual chain of events too.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
is there a rule in congress that sitting congressmen/women can refuse a persons election, or would it be just symbolic if the GOP tells him to gently caress off?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

OddObserver posted:

Is that something she can do, and how is it due-process-type-stuff-wise? As a layman, it seems like it'd be iffy to let governor's reschedule elections for political reasons
(but you would probably want to be able to do that for a hurricane or something).

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/929195658925527040

i dont know how solid this is legally but its been kicked around all day without anyone finding an easy reason its not possible, besides that moore will never withdraw

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Congress can refuse to sit anyone, each chamber has authority over its own membership.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/929195658925527040?s=17

Article goes on to state they would want WH approval, probably because that’s a federal election lawsuit waiting to happen.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Phoix posted:

Geraldo starts around 19:20 in this video. Hannity's comment actually comes a bit later when Gregg Jarrett of all people is tearing into Moore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvD5s33wMCw&t=1159s

You guys realize that Geraldo is accusing Sean Hannity of being a journalist in this clip, right?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

KickerOfMice posted:

is there a rule in congress that sitting congressmen/women can refuse a persons election, or would it be just symbolic if the GOP tells him to gently caress off?

I've seen said previously that if the Alabama GOP pulls his nomination, he won't be seated.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

OddObserver posted:

It would be contested in court.

Also, Roy is the Republican candidate. If they try to bend the rules to run someone else, especially someone who was already was defeated this year, it will depress GOP turnout. It's not as easy as just swapping candidates.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

You guys realize that Geraldo is accusing Sean Hannity of being a journalist in this clip, right?

Moores getting destroyed in this clip. Who cares about lumpy?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

I've seen said previously that if the Alabama GOP pulls his nomination, he won't be seated.

Krispy Wafer posted:

It would be contested in court.

Also, Roy is the Republican candidate. If they try to bend the rules to run someone else, especially someone who was already was defeated this year, it will depress GOP turnout. It's not as easy as just swapping candidates.

farraday posted:

Congress can refuse to sit anyone, each chamber has authority over its own membership.

Article goes on to state they would want WH approval, probably because that’s a federal election lawsuit waiting to happen.

I have a feeling this is going to get a lot murkier before it gets clearer.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

farraday posted:

Imagine this dropping into the supreme court the same loving session as the gerrymandering case?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Despera posted:

Moores getting destroyed in this clip. Who cares about lumpy?

Because it's hilarious to me that Hannity thinks he's a news man but he only fell rear end-backwards into loving Moore over because he kept asking him questions.

edit:

Bear in mind, Geraldo basically apologized to Sean for accusing him of this. "I don't think it was your intention... but you ended his candidacy." This was NOT what Hannity was going for. He was trying to help Moore by leading him to less damning answers, but Moore couldn't keep his half truths straight.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 11, 2017

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Rinkles posted:

I missed that Trump and Putin apparently didn't meet as planned.

The Vietnam meeting? Yeah, couldn't take place. Bone spurs acting up, and all.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Kavros posted:

The Vietnam meeting? Yeah, couldn't take place. Bone spurs acting up, and all.

:golfclap:

Simplicity is beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Dude that Fox News clip is damning. I will be totally unsurprised if Moore steps down.

• Locked thread