Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Physically shuddered watching Clay try rolling around into a defended gap that even if it WASN'T defended still gives enough time to get rid of the ball.

Let alone whatever soft coverage bullshit you're looking at otherwise.

I fully admit that I'm terrible at reading defensive schemes/plays develop and usually base my criticism based on results or some kind of patently obvious defect in picking up a read. But my god. My god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/928739604903223297

Weird that some Packers turned onto him after he was apparently popular (he did that whole gif series with the team).

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
If the [otherwise unsubstantiated] rumors about him transparently quitting on the team once Rodgers' collarbone got broken are true, I can easily understand his teammates being pissed with him

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Lol gently caress the pats god I hope this blows up on them (also gently caress the pack I am glad Bennett didn't do poo poo for them).

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Martellus Bennett was, um, less than complimentary about his release (crossposting from N/V)

https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/929087308132909057

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
https://twitter.com/JordyRNelson/status/929110737162776576

:thunk:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/928727100193984512

Fire Dom Capers. Also Matt Stafford is really good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I choose to believe Martellus Bennett. Wow. Packers are scumbags. Penalize them. 30 or 40 draft picks should do it.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It's Leroy Butler and a bunch of white dudes defending the doctor. This is clearly a Get Out situation.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

problems in green bay start from the top with the ownership, imo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

R.D. Mangles posted:

Raze Green Bay to the ground and salt the earth where it once stood.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I side with Bennett. Jordy Nelson is a dummy and the Packers are trash.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

R.D. Mangles posted:

Yeah, fire the owner.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Bill Schroeder 2.0 should maybe shut his mouth

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I don't even know why y'all Lions fans even hate the Packers so much. The natural enemies of the Lions are the Lions.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Deki posted:

I don't even know why y'all Lions fans even hate the Packers so much. The natural enemies of the Lions are the Lions.

Bill Schroeder was a Lion

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

SunshineDanceParty posted:

It's Leroy Butler and a bunch of white dudes defending the doctor. This is clearly a Get Out situation.

I haven’t been keeping up with everyone on the team who’s spoken up but fwiw I did just see Damarious Randall retweet the Jordy tweet. Also James Jones and Jermichael Finley have chimed in as well so it’s not just the white guys.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

That's my skinnyfat quarterback.

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsDet/status/929171161266704385

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Bill Schroeder 2.0 should maybe shut his mouth

I always forget about football Bill Schroeder because I'm so used to Brewers broadcaster Bill Schroeder

Wisconsin sports are full of Bill Schroeders

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Pops Mgee posted:

I haven’t been keeping up with everyone on the team who’s spoken up but fwiw I did just see Damarious Randall retweet the Jordy tweet. Also James Jones and Jermichael Finley have chimed in as well so it’s not just the white guys.

Randall's initial response to Bennetts claim was a single "lol". Don't think there was a lot of love lost.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

oshuaj posted:

I always forget about football Bill Schroeder because I'm so used to Brewers broadcaster Bill Schroeder

Wisconsin sports are full of Bill Schroeders

:same:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

But yeah, call me a homer, but I'm taking the Pack's side on this one. Marty wasn't even that good when Rodgers WASN'T hurt.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah Marty wasn't even good so obviously he's lying about the team lying about an an "undisclosed" injury and a doctor pushing him to play rather than get surgery.

No one who plays poorly deserves the benefit of the doubt

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Marty's story makes no sense which is what is confusing me.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Dexo posted:

Yeah Marty wasn't even good so obviously he's lying about the team lying about an an "undisclosed" injury and a doctor pushing him to play rather than get surgery.

No one who plays poorly deserves the benefit of the doubt

I think his point was more that Marty Bennett, who we know to be a good tight end, wasn't playing well even with a HoF quarterback on the field, and that points to a lingering injury. People who've been watching the games have seen him drop a bunch of passes. That would seem to fit with having an injured shoulder, and also fits with the story that he covered it up to play through it, then revealed the injury when Rodgers went down.

Considering that more than a dozen Packers, ex-Packers, reporters, and front office people have all come forward to indirectly refute Bennett's claim that McKenzie pressured him into playing, and that multiple players seem to disapprove of how Bennett departed the team, I think it's likely that he at the very least isn't telling the whole story.

If he had just simply said "I want to play for a playoff contender" instead of trying to drag someone else's name through the mud, then this whole story doesn't happen.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Matty Stafford is like the platonic ideal of a curl bro

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
When I saw Marty got cut my first thought was that he went to someone and said look I'm old af let me go play with a contender. Not...this

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'd have been totally cool with him just saying that lol

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You Packer homers, I swear...

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Jermichael Finley stood up for the doctor which pretty much says all you need to know

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Super Fan posted:

You Packer homers, I swear...

I honestly can't tell who this is taking the piss out off

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It makes enough sense to me, assuming Marty's not just lying anyway.

Marty's been playing with a jacked up shoulder. There are two solutions, take hella anti-inflammatories deal with the pain and play through it or shut it down and get the surgery he needs to correct the issue.

(Conjecture time)

If he feels like he's on a team worth a drat he'd be more willing to deal with the pain in the shoulder than if he's playing on a team with seemingly no future this year.

In regards to the stuff on the doctor, Marty could have just lost trust in him. Whether or not the doctor is a "good guy" or a "bad guy" the second you lose faith that a doctor or anyone who advises you it's p much a wrap. The doctor probably didn't do anything wrong.

I'm not saying Marty clearly just didn't want to risk injuring or dealing with the pain in his shoulder on a team without Rodgers.

But the main problem I have with that whole thing is the assertion by the team that this injury was something he had previously and was undisclosed as if they don't do exhaustive physicals when signing players.

It's clearly nothing more than a blind cash grab, at a player who didn't want to play through pain and and an injury on a team likely to miss the playoffs.

Also this isn't just because it's the Packers, I've said the same thing about people smearing Jeffrey or Fuller or any number of other players with pain or injuries that want to shut it down, hell I think it's stupid that Mcphee and Long tried and we're allowed to play through injuries and pushed surgery off longer.

Mostly I will never get on a football player for choosing self over team, as the team will never hesitate to choose team over you.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Dexo posted:

Mostly I will never get on a football player for choosing self over team, as the team will never hesitate to choose team over you.

With you here, Pay Marty

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/__taylordecker/status/929406021596078080

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

God I'm so glad to have him back. With a functional offensive line the Lions might actually have a chance before they blow it in Week 17.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

God I'm so glad to have him back. With a functional offensive line the Lions might actually have a chance before they blow it in Week 17.

They play the Packers week 17

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Good Will Hrunting posted:

They play the Packers week 17

And if the Lions enter that game with a chance to win the division, you and I both know there's only one way it's going to end.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

A project to protect quarterbacks.

My body is ready for deep balls.

All the balls, deep.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If only TJ Lang would stay healthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

curiosity hosed me up posted:

If only TJ Lang would stay healthy

While I know he no longer is, let me consult my...

*shakes Green Bay Packer Magic 8 ball that only has 'IR', 'Questionable', 'Doubtful', and '3-5 weeks' as outcomes*

• Locked thread