Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

oh btw since this warrants a new post: patch notes. Currently live on XBOX, coming to PS4 early next week.

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/November-Update/m-p/1724712#M18

it took them until November to finally give Deadshot meter gain nerfs and more frames for Wrist Shots lol.

Joker, Cyborg, Poison Ivy and Firestorm got some new special moves and combos, interesting poo poo.

For more detail on the changes, here's a good vid of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X2eYTUPGnw

Generally really nice changes to characters that needed them and nerfs that were well deserved to guys like Batman or Red Hood's meter gain.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/928316295506022402

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjTOR_BamT4

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

we all know who the perp is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDeOqnHF2Po

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people are saying the cig means Constantine, honestly it would all be worth it to get him

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

DLC Inc posted:

I don't blame you. SubZero was lame enough but Raiden was just a loving unpopular as hell move. I'd take poo poo like Etrigan over Hellboy, or crazier characters like Plastic Man, Prometheus, loving Professor Pyg, anything. At the end of the day Hellboy is a cool character but his moveset is completely "whatever" since we have so many guys with "big leap" and "guns" as their traits. Imagine what you could so with a shapeshifting elongated dude, a loving helldemon, a tech satan with a baseball bat and a football helmet. There was a joke about the Wonder Twins and I would have LOVED to see some kind of Noob/Smoke tag team character with bizarre special moves.

MKX using guest characters was kind of ok given that many MK characters weren't really that big of a deal, but with DC the character pool is limitless in possibilities. You have hundreds of choices. Shrugging and just deciding to put two MK guys in is largely disappointing. Even though Red Hood plays ok, at the end of the day they made a decision to put another guy with guns and throwing stars in the game over some bizarre and fun poo poo.

I mean, I WAS super stoked about Hellboy, because there's absolutely zero reason for him to be a 'punchy shootman'. There's so much cool lore you could use with him throwing a noosed corpse at someone, ZINCO kamikaze jetpacks, a special move where he drinks some hooch and skeletons erupt out of the ground, using holy relics / trinkets, having B.P.R.D assists. The fact that his supermove doesn't have any space deamons in it is an entirely missed opportunity. Where's hecate? I feel like what they've done is put in 'Movie' Hellboy, which, considering the roster, is just insane to me.

Like, I fully expect the NRS Elongated man to have all of Dhalsim's normals as his specials, and his super move be he morphs into a ball and bounces on them.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
really want to see the new characters

also whens hellboy

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

really want to see the new characters

also whens hellboy

November 15

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Can't wait for more Batman characters!

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Roth posted:

This but unironically.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roth posted:

The only good ones.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
That caped silhouette is gonna be Deadman, Azrael, or Spawn, I'm calling it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Seems like the Watchtower from this week revealed that Hellboy was the caped silhouette.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hope ya'll ready for Rudy in 4 hours

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

DLC Inc posted:

hope ya'll ready for Rudy in 4 hours

I don't know about Rudy but I'm sensing some kind of incoming curveball from NRS for this fighter pack reveal. Like when they revealed that we were getting Baraka in mkx but it turned out to be the Alien.

Or when they gave us 4 characters in one as Triborg. Something like that.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Who's hyped for Arm-Fall-Off-Boy?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Matter Eater Lad seems like a hosed up choice but it looks like they’re going to make it work

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
My money is that its actually Chas, Constantine's cabbie friend.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

WHAT THE gently caress I AIN'T EVEN MAD

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

LOL THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

WHAT THE gently caress I AIN'T EVEN MAD

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
:tviv: Ninja Turtles!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rXE2RjinkU

T U R T L E POWER

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

:piss:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Holy crap

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I yelled so loud I scared my wife

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Mattavist posted:

I yelled so loud I scared my wife

Pro post/av combo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yo gently caress it, Ed just make this some hosed up Smash Bros already and put Mad Max, Rudy, and Jason in this bitch

TMNT might be the greatest guest character(s) in history

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
I am dying

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Oh wow enchantress who could have seen that coming :effort:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Fine, you win Ed, you're good at this.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

opioid agonist posted:

Or when they gave us 4 characters in one as Triborg. Something like that.

:mmmsmug:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Oberst posted:

Oh wow enchantress who could have seen that coming :effort:

Yeah, I can't say I'm very excited for her or Atom but the Turtles are worth it.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

meddling mutants

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

So what are you guys thinking? Trait switches between turtles? Could also be some kind of assist system I suppose.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

HMS Beagle posted:

So what are you guys thinking? Trait switches between turtles? Could also be some kind of assist system I suppose.

Gotta be the trait as a 'stance' change to the other turtles. Maybe some moves cycle them too. All share the same super I'm sure

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

All 4 turts as separate characters?

:chloe:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Well I guess I'll be buying Injustice 2 at some point then. Holy poo poo

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015