Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Loving my witch doctor. Had some great luck with early legendary drops. Keep it coming, RNG

Firebats is a fun star craft reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Loving my witch doctor. Had some great luck with early legendary drops. Keep it coming, RNG

Firebats is a fun star craft reference

Got me an Unstable Scepter at level 10 on my Wiz. The road to 70 for me this season was half of last season lol

Thank you RNGeezuz

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I hit 50 last night but felt like I should have been higher. I'm only on hard I think and these rifts are getting slower.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Crafting a level 70 weapon with -30 level req really made it feel like I was powerleveling myself. Highly recommend

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Yea I had no luck after about 20 of them and ran out of shards.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Had a real good start on my Witch Doctor last night, got both The Barber and Gazing Demise real early on. Needless to say I've been running around Spirit Barraging the hell out of everything nonstop, it's good times :allears:

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Does the Numlock trick still work? If so, is it a bannable offense?

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
get in a public group, seriously. also my crafted 70 weapon was obsolete by two handed drops at like level 55 so I dunno how worth it it truly is.

anyway I did 1 - 70 in probably about 3.5 hours yesterday (honestly maybe less) including a run for the cube, in two public groups.

grouping up makes the rifts a lot faster generally, also I got lucky nems which helped a lot, I'll admit.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Aexo posted:

Yes. No.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm mostly going to play my firebat witch doctor in groups. All the guides recommend unity in the cube, but is there a good recommendation for something I can Cube for the jewelry slot that will be useful in groups?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
just got done power leveling about a dozen goons, game is [GOOD]

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm mostly going to play my firebat witch doctor in groups. All the guides recommend unity in the cube, but is there a good recommendation for something I can Cube for the jewelry slot that will be useful in groups?

CoE or Oculus

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

HoTA barb is working well. Once I got the gavel and the IK six piece everything came together pretty cleanly. Clearing 55 rifts in about four minutes right now, and I have a lot of crap gear. I did just get this. Is it better to roll off str or %life for the socket?

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Aexo posted:

Autohotkey is so much better, and I've used it every season I've played and 0 bans. It also lets you easily spam multiple keys, even at different intervals if necessary

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Blizzard has outright said that

1) Numlock and hardware macros are OK.
2) Software macros are NOT.

Use at your own peril.

Suspicious fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 11, 2017

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Filthy Monkey posted:

HoTA barb is working well. Once I got the gavel and the IK six piece everything came together pretty cleanly. Clearing 55 rifts in about four minutes right now, and I have a lot of crap gear. I did just get this. Is it better to roll off str or %life for the socket?

Roll off life %
Icy-Veins' guides have a useful table to figure this out: HOTA IK

quote:

Slot Pieces Stat Priority
Amulet
The Traveler's Pledge The Traveler's Pledge
1. Socket
2. Critical Hit Damage
3. Critical Hit Chance
4. Fire Damage
5. Strength

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Star Man posted:

Wasn't inferno difficulty just called something else in other languages? I know I saw armageddon used.

Yeah I >think< it was called Torment in Portuguese.
No one I know plays the game in Portuguese though and we sometimes called Hell as Inferno because it didn't matter which language we were speaking, whatever word came first to mind was the one used. Luckily enough the confusion only lasted a few days because by then Hell was obsolete already.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Anyone have any issues with the game freezing? It's happened 3 or 4 times for me tonight, but everything else is fine and it never happened last season.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I'm just getting into this game and I'm really enjoying stomping around as a Crusader lady just crushing everything in sight on hard difficulty. I tried raising the difficulty to master and I got one-shotted so I guess I'll need to research better builds. I tried the recommended build that has me chucking those spinny hammers around me, but I didn't find it any fun.

How much stuff am I missing out on staying at hard difficulty?

Should I be keeping all the legendaries I find? I've been selling them if I don't like the stats. :ohdear:

bengy81
May 8, 2010

AnimalChin posted:

I'm just getting into this game and I'm really enjoying stomping around as a Crusader lady just crushing everything in sight on hard difficulty. I tried raising the difficulty to master and I got one-shotted so I guess I'll need to research better builds. I tried the recommended build that has me chucking those spinny hammers around me, but I didn't find it any fun.

Should I be keeping all the legendaries I find? I've been selling them if I don't like the stats. :ohdear:

Don't necessarily need to keep them, but make sure they aren't one enchantable stay away from being good. If they have trash rolls, then you should either cube them or save them to cube. If they don't have an extractable power or you already have it extracted then go ahead and salvage it.

Edit, it's also worth keeping "ok legendaries if you plan on running another character. Like you can leach gear with a barb from your crusader.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

AnimalChin posted:

Crusader lady is so chill. Am loving her voice - "I enjoyed that!"

You're missing out on a few more legendary drops by not being master/torment, but that's no big deal while you level. Stay at whatever difficulty you can plough through easily, game only starts at lvl 70, etc.

As to any legendary stuff you find while levelling, if it has a hollow orange diamond next to one of the buffs, then maybe keep hold of it - you can cube those powers at 70 and they're just as good from a low level item when you do.

If orange diamond is filled (like in image Filthy Monkey posted earlier), and item is low level, then you can't do much with it. Though don't forget your hireling can use some of your unwanted gear. As a crusader you should have paladin guy, he likes strength too, and it actually makes a difference up until torment levels.

Once it's junk though, salvage orange items at blacksmith for a forgotten soul - don't sell for gold, you'll be drowning in gold soon enough.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
I had a few freezes earlier today too

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Suspicious posted:

Blizzard has outright said that

1) Numlock and hardware macros are OK.
2) Software macros are NOT.

OH poo poo I forgot about numlock time for devour to not be annoying! Ty!

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

CoE for more damage really, I wouldn't play firebats unless you have proper support classes that let you sit and spin, and the support classes should have occulus rings already. Hopefully your zmonk buddy will help you along throughout the rift, it's really easy to get stuck with spirit walk on cool down.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Did "The Thrill" last night and it was really fun. Only because I was not using a build guide for once to make a dude by rifling through my stash to find poo poo that would work together and actually having to think a bit for once. :)

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Unlocked Primal Ancients last night, got two of them within a few hours after that.

Relic of Akarat and Krelm's Buff Belt, joy.

Edit: I know this is a very first world Diablo problem at this point in the season, and I'm not actually upset or anything. But having the first one be one of the useless Templar relics was just so silly.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Nov 11, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mind over Matter posted:

Unlocked Primal Ancients last night, got two of them within a few hours after that.

Relic of Akarat and Krelm's Buff Belt, joy.

Edit: I know this is a very first world Diablo problem at this point in the season, and I'm not actually upset or anything. But having the first one be one of the useless Templar relics was just so silly.

My first primal ever was a puzzle ring. :negative:

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Could some more experienced Barb give me a decent build to go along with this gear?

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hatebit-11885/hero/95512291

I'm dying a lot and I can't figure out why. Haven't really done Barb much. I just want a build to let me farm T6 while I get pieces for WW.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
So the buff to Nats has been pretty good so far, I got a ancient Holy Point Shot from like my 6th gamble, and the dagger upgrade went right into a Karlei's as planned. Cubed the dagger (since RoV needs a bow) and I can get up to speed clearing T9 now, which feels like steady progression since I hit 70 like 3-4 hours before that point.

It's kinda nice that RoV just procs a generic damage buff too, since it means I'm not chasing a Yang's Recurve or whatever other weapon for however long that takes to really get going. You can kind of just take what comes and make it work.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 11, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

Could some more experienced Barb give me a decent build to go along with this gear?

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hatebit-11885/hero/95512291

I'm dying a lot and I can't figure out why. Haven't really done Barb much. I just want a build to let me farm T6 while I get pieces for WW.

Swap Whirlwind for a generator
Swap Charge for Ground stomp (wrenching smash) this will group all your mobs for a HotA

Make a lvl 1 barbarian and gamble rings and bracers until you get band of might and bracers of first men for your cube

This will be your IK build that can help you farm TX-TXIII until all your WW Gear drops

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 11, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Shouldn't we be getting a new thread for the new season?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Toshimo posted:

Shouldn't we be getting a new thread for the new season?

This thread is only 100 pages long and not that busy

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've been having fun with an IK build that spams Seismic Slam to increase the damage of earthquake, and then the 2h that spawns an earthquake whenever you use one of your shouts. It's good.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

Bust Rodd posted:

Swap Whirlwind for a generator
Swap Charge for Ground stomp (wrenching smash) this will group all your mobs for a HotA

Make a lvl 1 barbarian and gamble rings and bracers until you get band of might and bracers of first men for your cube

This will be your IK build that can help you farm TX-TXIII until all your WW Gear drops

I tried those changes and I still do absolutely no damage outside of WOTB. I got the ring and cubed it but if I take off Charge I have zero mobility. Not sure what to do. I feel like 6pc IK and an ancient IKBB should be able to clear T6 so I have to be doing something wrong. Really frustrating.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
6PC IK completely revolves around Wrath of the Berserker. After T8 you aren’t expected to do damage outside outside of Goku-form , that’s literally the playstyle.

Spawn in
Summon bros (rune together as one)
Pop Goku
Groundstomp mobs
HotA them until Goku is off cooldown
Re-pop Goku

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Oh alright I wasn’t really sure if that was the intended use. Thanks all! I’ll keep plugging along. Can I use leap for some movement?

remeez
Jan 10, 2007

The first Yang's I found this season was ancient :smug:

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Oh alright I wasn’t really sure if that was the intended use. Thanks all! I’ll keep plugging along. Can I use leap for some movement?
I would suggest gambling bracers and upgrading 2h mighty weapons until you have first men and gavel. With them, and the rest of your pieces, you should be able to do GR70.
https://www.d3planner.com/539294194

Doing HoTA myself, using an ancient IK hammer right now instead of little rogue and slanderer (I plan to switch into charge), and GR 75 is very doable. Still have a lot of crap gear too.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 11, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

This is the build im using explained by my favorite streamer, if you want as indepth an explanation as you can probably get.

But the Ring and the bracers provide you with multipliers outside of your Wrath form, so those increase your damage and survivability when its on cooldown, and leap is fine, but id recommend furious charge because it does more damage.

EDIT:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyaIyavJskU

and i added those streamers to the OP i cant believe i missed Leviathan

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I hate how fragile hota barb is and ended up just going back to leapquake because you can have a billion sheet toughness.