Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
by the way, if you have the extra cash, a subscription to The Athletic is worth it in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticPHI/status/928972704610430977

Between The Philly Voice and The Athletic, I've barely gone to philly.com since they put up the paywall. Like why read Marcus Hayes when I can read Kempski/Kapadia on the Eagles and Bodner/Hoffman/Neubeck on the Sixers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I like Iggles Blitz because it seems somewhat rational and hopeful. Tommy Lawlor runs it.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I like Iggles Blitz because it seems somewhat rational and hopeful. Tommy Lawlor runs it.

Yeah, that's on my list too. I used to be a bigger Lawlor fan than I am now though. I'm not sure if he's changed, I've changed, or if it's just natural to get tired of something after a while. I like the commenters there too.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Tommy is pretty great. I’ve known him for years.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Y'all gonna be surprised by how well the Cowboys play without Zeke. Dak is much better than widely thought. He doesn't make many of the flashy downfield plays, but I am very confident he will do well. The offensive line is playing at an elite level. It will struggle against great defensive lines like the Eagles, but it is going to to make the other Cowboys running backs look good every other week.

Look forward to the Eagles vs. Cowboys playoff game. It will be the zenith of this year's thread.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Tom Sellout posted:

Y'all gonna be surprised by how well the Cowboys play without Zeke. Dak is much better than widely thought. He doesn't make many of the flashy downfield plays, but I am very confident he will do well. The offensive line is playing at an elite level. It will struggle against great defensive lines like the Eagles, but it is going to to make the other Cowboys running backs look good every other week.

Look forward to the Eagles vs. Cowboys playoff game. It will be the zenith of this year's thread.

Cowboys gonna lose to Atlanta.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
please no :(

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Tom Sellout posted:

this thread should be its own GDT for that game

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

NotWearingPants posted:

by the way, if you have the extra cash, a subscription to The Athletic is worth it in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticPHI/status/928972704610430977

Between The Philly Voice and The Athletic, I've barely gone to philly.com since they put up the paywall. Like why read Marcus Hayes when I can read Kempski/Kapadia on the Eagles and Bodner/Hoffman/Neubeck on the Sixers?

Look at this uninformed post. The only source for eagles news and views is Angelo Cataldi. E A G L E S ! EALGES!

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

blue squares posted:

this thread should be its own GDT for that game

I like the cut of your jib

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I agree in principle but I don't want my meltdowns preserved here

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ty1990 posted:

Tommy is pretty great. I’ve known him for years.

Yeah I've been reading Lawlor since the IgglesBlog days. God that site closed, what? 6 years ago now?

Kempski is good too, although he can be a bit troll-y.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Morris is a downgrade from Zeke sure, but I don't think it's such a massive one that their offense is going to change significantly. A DL like Philly has should be able to ruin their day. Eagles were able to disrupt Dak in their first match last year by getting pressure up the middle.

And still lost :sigh:

But this is the year of 18-1 so!

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Just lol if you're an Eagles fan and don't expect the Cowboys to roll through this team like poo poo through a canebrake because all life is pain

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Toaster Beef posted:

Just lol if you're an Eagles fan and don't expect the Cowboys to roll through this team like poo poo through a canebrake because all life is pain

How can you truly experience the pain of losing if you aren't completely convinced there's no chance of it happening.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Toaster Beef posted:

You’re clearly forgetting about the Cowboys pass defense, which I fully expect Wentz to carve up with long balls, putting Dak in to a hole. If the boys can keep it close in the first half I like our chances. If the Eagles score on their first two drives, significantly less so.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I thought he was talking about the Falcons. They are playing the Falcons tomorrow. And they are going to lose.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think the Eagles will beat the Cowboys 3-2 because NFCE clown ball rules but also I also support us just turning this into a GDT for that game alone. This is our division, our secret public club, let's go hog wild.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The Eagles steam rolling the Cowboys and dropping 50 on them in their house after all of this bullshit would be the greatest.

No matter what happens, it’s gonna be “BUT WE DIDNT HAVE ZEKE :cry:

So, we won’t get credit either way.

gently caress the Cowboys.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol someone itt said Dak was underrated

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

89 posted:

The Eagles steam rolling the Cowboys and dropping 50 on them in their house after all of this bullshit would be the greatest.

No matter what happens, it’s gonna be “BUT WE DIDNT HAVE ZEKE :cry:

So, we won’t get credit either way.

gently caress the Cowboys.

Well here. I am a Cowboys fan and I am honestly unsure if Zeke would have made a difference anyway, win or lose. Feels like it's gonna be a game with a tone that's decided within the first two series.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

If cowboys lose this weekend then next week's game will be a lot less fun to anticipate

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Well, I hope they lose anyways

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

blue squares posted:

If cowboys lose this weekend then next week's game will be a lot less fun to anticipate

Yeah lets hope Morris and McFadden step up

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the eagles are frauds

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

romanowski posted:

the eagles are frauds

Counterpoint: no, they're good

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

89 posted:

Well, I hope they lose anyways

I hope the Cowboys and Giants and Washington lose every game by half a hundred

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the eagles will crumble under the weight of their newfound high expectations and I will look to the sky and laugh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Haha my only expectation was to make the playoffs . Hahaha I win.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Gonna share a secret with you guys

Eagles were my second favorite team growing up until I was old enough to realize why rooting for two division rivals was a bad idea. It was probably because I ended up seeing a bunch of Eagles games at the old Texas Stadium with that ‘96 playoff win being my favorite game I’ve been to. Cold football games in Texas are memorable

Ok real talk mode off... YO SUPA gently caress DA EAGLES

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Gonna share a secret with you guys

Eagles were my second favorite team growing up until I was old enough to realize why rooting for two division rivals was a bad idea. It was probably because I ended up seeing a bunch of Eagles games at the old Texas Stadium with that ‘96 playoff win being my favorite game I’ve been to. Cold football games in Texas are memorable

Ok real talk mode off... YO SUPA gently caress DA EAGLES

The Steelers were my favorite team growing up because they beat the Cowboys.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
I just want the eagles to do well because they haven’t won a Super Bowl yet and all teams deserve at least one :(

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Coolwhoami posted:

I just want the eagles to do well because they haven’t won a Super Bowl yet and all teams deserve at least one :(

The Browns would disagree.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
edit: wrongthread

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Coolwhoami posted:

false

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

All true nfc east fans are rooting for the cowboys today

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Washington has grit. Unfortunately I don't see a path to the playoffs.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

blue squares posted:

All true nfc east fans are rooting for the cowboys today

I’m rooting for a turf toed qb

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Been a great bye for the Eagles, NFC East should be pretty much wrapped up now barring disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
It's still going to be interesting though since 3 of the Eagles' next 4 games are against teams with winning records.

• Locked thread