Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is that purple lady an angel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Phy posted:

And preserved in religious texts like the KJV bible.

I wonder if that was done to present God's words to people as being personal and familiar?

No, it's because the monarch always addressed their subjects as 'thou' - less as familiarity and more as a way of asserting hierarchy. The monarch has no need to formally address anyone.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/929168046828040194

:yosbutt:

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Say Nothing posted:

Is that purple lady an angel?

I guess this is the head priest, the alt-text is 000001.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

A big flaming stink posted:

frankly i'm less impressed of the blind cat's ability to get around and moreso by the fact he actually listens to his owner
Who says the cats aren't the leader, and the devil their humble servant and form of transportation?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I thought that was Mottom?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nope.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/929233158435770369

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
man, gently caress this maze

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Well, someone had to mention it, might as well be the author.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
it looks good in clothes but you don't wanna get eye to eye with a devil's rear end.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Motherfucker posted:

it looks good in clothes but you don't wanna get eye to eye with a devil's rear end.

Look it's 2017, if you're not eating your devil's rear end can you say you're putting enough effort into the summoning.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like how this character appears to have gone super light on the ostentation when attending the council. points to a survival instinct :v:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Somebody suggested somewhere that Mammon is dead and is being sock-puppeted by his priesthood, but I think it fits better with what's going on with Allison if he's alive and is being sock-puppeted by his priesthood because he's just so damned miserable that going with whatever the sociopathically ruthless voices in his head-shaped chamber want to do is the path of least resistance.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean, that's already what's happening with Jadis basically, so, I'm doubting Mammon has the same problem. I suppose it's possible, though.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Mammon's dead for tax reasons.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Mammon's got his numbers and as long as the numbers go up, he's happy. Anything and everything could happen and it doesn't matter so long as numbers are going up. Unless they're not going up fast enough, then people die until the numbers pick up.

He's basically just "the Shareholders" in the form of a large dragon.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Precambrian posted:

Mammon's got his numbers and as long as the numbers go up, he's happy. Anything and everything could happen and it doesn't matter so long as numbers are going up. Unless they're not going up fast enough, then people die until the numbers pick up.

So he's a gatcha addict.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Mammon became one of the seven rulers of the universe because it was a good business move.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

We know Mammon's 'a real monster' and he's a dragon, so, I suspect he's huge and likes swimming in his infinite hoard like Scrooge McDuck, and the Priests of the Count serve him and administer his holdings. Possibly he just doesn't care about anything but his big gold pile and they take him as a cautionary tale god.

The line about 'creatures who have purged all love' makes it sound like the priests have emotions and feelings about things other than money, and they think anyone breaking in is awful because they must have fed T H E D O O R.

Edit: "“IA! IA! The Dragon!

His scales as as hard as his heart.

Pity him!”

– Lament of the Priests of the Count"

So yeah Mammon's cult has learned that the only money worth having... is love.
But they still work for Capitalism God Dragon.

Joe Slowboat fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 12, 2017

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Love don't pay their bills.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Emrikol posted:

Mammon's dead for tax reasons.

Only for a year though.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

https://twitter.com/yasorou/status/929341924552605699

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I'd buy one.

Insect devil statuettes seem like the kind of thing that you can buy in Throne, too.

EDIT:

Schwarzwald posted:

So he's a gatcha addict.

Mammon figured out that he was happiest when he spent time in a Skinner box, and set out to turn the entire universe into one. Wealth isn't valuable in itself, it's just his Arbitrary Success Benchmark, the thing he's using to trick his brain into releasing those sweet endorphins. If he'd only decided to get into Japanese mobile gaming, Throne would be very different.

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Nov 12, 2017

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The priests are secretly giving all the money to charity, and the massive security is to stop Mammon from finding out.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

They sold Mammon on paper money. His vault is full of IOUs.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

It's all been converted to crypto currencies.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Yre is just one giant heatsink for his bitcoin rig.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Buying into bitcoin seemed like a good idea, but once Mammon owned all of it things got a little weird and no one wants to try and explain it too much.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

imagine having to continually invent new currencies to collect because once you own every last dollar and cent no else can use it and it ceases to have value

White Coke
May 29, 2015

AriadneThread posted:

imagine having to continually invent new currencies to collect because once you own every last dollar and cent no else can use it and it ceases to have value

The worst would be if Throne decides to revert to bartering, then Mammon would have to own everything.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

All the money is in banks*, and the Infinite Vault is just full of mementos of Mammon's adventures.

*and the stockmarket

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
did you just reference the loving Richie Rich movie

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

All the money is in banks*, and the Infinite Vault is just full of mementos of Mammon's adventures.

*and the stockmarket

the real treasure is ROYALTY

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Scrooge McDuck.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

Scrooge McDuck.

No, it's totally Richie Rich.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

To be fair, it is the one good joke in the whole movie.

Unrelated, these shirts might be of interest to the thread.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I would buy a Great Nirvana Best Price shirt.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update.

These guys look nice.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I hope the next page has a guy running around wildly with a cat's claws dug into his scalp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Cio lost her face horns again. Uncertainty on her part reversing the transformation, or art error?

Also, this is one of those times you're glad you brought a Professional Obstacle Remover for the job. Go get em, Cat Master.