Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MourningView posted:

Brady Hoke is gonna turn this ship around and get the job

I came here just to make this post. It's going to happen

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPxPSzz0LBY

RIP Gendo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

God I love you for posting this.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i know you didn't have time to put the Nebraska N over the other dude's face, but i appreciate you posting this and letting me do it mentally and it was just as good

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

nate fisher posted:

Honestly no idea. Part of me wants Kiffin, because it would make for such an awesome offseason. If I had to pick anyone it would be Chris Petersen (zero point zero chance of that happening). Frost, Mullen, Strong, Patterson, Kelly, and so on would make a decent hire it seems. That said I have a feeling it will end up being some coach that I never heard of or like in the case of Butch Jones I heard of in passing.

Edit: also they offered Butch a chance to finish out the season and he refused.

If Hoke beats LSU and Vandy to get them bowl eligible it wouldn’t surprise me if he will be one of the names out there.

I still really want Mullen. I can't believe they actually fired Butch today. For the last 4 weeks I've been waiting for it to happen on any given Sunday, but this week I had pretty much just given up and assumed he'd be here until the end of the season

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Thank you sweet baby Jesus

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

about a week before he got fired, i watched derek dooley hobble past about 200 people on his crutches to vote in the 2012 election. nobody said a word, they just stared at him

at least he had the sense to stare at the ground and not say anything. jones didnt even have that

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
VOLS BITCH

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
:manning: to Knoxville.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Tennessee loving around and hiring Les Miles is my dream. The reality is we’re probably going to hire a turd.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Sir Thats Gross posted:

Tennessee loving around and hiring Les Miles is my dream. The reality is we’re probably going to hire a turd.

that would own on so many levels

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I would be A-OK with Miles as long as he wasn’t allowed around the offense or clock management.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Butch Jones to Florida

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spintzel posted:

Butch Jones to Florida

And Mac to Tennessee?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Jesus

https://twitter.com/OS_Recruiting/status/929778735762550784

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Boyyyyyy gently caress off

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

My issue with the Butch hire was always that he got blown out by...Derek Dooley, a year before they made the change.

That of course doesn't necessarily prove anything, but the optics suck.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

well there goes any chance he had of having another big job again

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Venables to Florida? Dude already recruits there...

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Scarf posted:

thats who i want for TN when the discussion turns real

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Scarf posted:

We're very thirsty for offense, and probably don't wanna hire another great defensive coordinator with zero head coaching experience this decade. Plus isn't it thought that Venables is patiently waiting for Snyder to retire at K-State?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Blue Raider posted:

thats who i want for TN when the discussion turns real

He does already own a ton of orange clothes... but are you willing to hire his get-back coach too?

Godzilla07 posted:

We're very thirsty for offense, and probably don't wanna hire another great defensive coordinator with zero head coaching experience this decade. Plus isn't it thought that Venables is patiently waiting for Snyder to retire at K-State?

Snyder is gonna out live us all... he may get impatient

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

well there goes any chance he had of having another big job again

Coaches have gotten big gigs after committing far worse offenses than that, let's be real

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

See you in hell, butch jones.

Still can't believe he beat the bees.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

DJExile posted:

Coaches have gotten big gigs after committing far worse offenses than that, let's be real

you’re right of course, i was more coming from a place where that comment came from a man who never could really develop talent or clutch where it counted. all the man has is his goofball marketing

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Florida HAS to hire an offensive guy, right?

Why not Chip Kelly?

All the track stars and recruiting violations he can handle.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Why not Chip Kelly?

Why not, indeed.

He's got kind of a rep for cheating which is prob bad, but I'd kill to see his spread w Florida athletes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Why not Chip Kelly?

Florida has supposedly been gunshy about guys who have gotten busted by the NCAA in past hires I think I read somewhere? I'm not sure if the examples happened under the current AD though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Why not, indeed.

He's got kind of a rep for cheating which is prob bad, but I'd kill to see his spread w Florida athletes.

Oh no not cheating in the SEC

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh no not cheating in the SEC

Well I'd prefer he be better at concealing it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Everything about tennessee screams they're going to be used by Matt Campbell to drive up his value.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
How much dirt is going to spill on Butch? Jayson Swain is now talking about him being a bad person. Swain is also stating that Butch reached out to more than one player to bail. Antone Davis recently left the VFL coordinator position because of Butch. He called Drae Bowles a traitor for reporting sexual assault, and Bowles ended up being assaulted. He supposedly hit Mack Crowder and a former Cincy player confirmed he'd also seen Butch hit players. I don't think anyone believes that Shy Tuttle "fell on a helmet" earlier this season either.

Anyway, here's a dumb, lazy article about potential replacements.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

How much dirt is going to spill on Butch? Jayson Swain is now talking about him being a bad person. Swain is also stating that Butch reached out to more than one player to bail. Antone Davis recently left the VFL coordinator position because of Butch. He called Drae Bowles a traitor for reporting sexual assault, and Bowles ended up being assaulted. He supposedly hit Mack Crowder and a former Cincy player confirmed he'd also seen Butch hit players. I don't think anyone believes that Shy Tuttle "fell on a helmet" earlier this season either.

Anyway, here's a dumb, lazy article about potential replacements.

Wait what? They forced a guy to use the ran into a wall abuse excuse? He really is an rear end in a top hat who deserves to never coach again.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
The press is taking their muzzle off about Jones

https://twitter.com/wesrucker247/status/929800515445239811

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

nate fisher posted:

Honestly no idea. Part of me wants Kiffin, because it would make for such an awesome offseason. If I had to pick anyone it would be Chris Petersen (zero point zero chance of that happening). Frost, Mullen, Strong, Patterson, Kelly, and so on would make a decent hire it seems. That said I have a feeling it will end up being some coach that I never heard of or like in the case of Butch Jones I heard of in passing.

Edit: also they offered Butch a chance to finish out the season and he refused.

If Hoke beats LSU and Vandy to get them bowl eligible it wouldn’t surprise me if he will be one of the names out there.

Maybe you can make a run at Saban or Bill Belichick too

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

MourningView posted:

I would be happy just to have a coach I’ve heard of before today.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

He interviewed in 2008!

And wasn't hired because he 'wasn't ready for the big stage.' Luckily he's not a horrifically petty person in every single way imaginable and wouldn't hold a grudge because of that, go for it Tennessee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee's gonna hire Gruden.

Jay Gruden :getin:

• Locked thread