Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Did you buy the season pass? If so, you have to then go to each separate DLC's page and download each one (which should now be listed as "free"/"purchased").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Man, that docks level is infuriating. I think for every one death I had from combat, I must've had 3-5 from genuinely not understanding that the space I was running into was water, not solid ground.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Yajirobe the Tightrope Walker - Cause of Death: Fell to Death

:discourse:

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Omi no Kami posted:

Ooh I hadn't even thought about physically going to low stance, I'd been assuming that horizontal range was the only requirement; thank you for clarifying!

If you're using single katana, low stance strong attack is a chain of vertical attacks that hits the zombie miner yokai pretty consistently I think. Just be very careful because while they're slow and weak, those zombies have a ton of poise/break resistance - they won't stagger easily while they're attacking (unless you're hitting them with a giant loving hammer like a real manweeaboo).

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 12, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Weird bug. Started a new game, and now when I defeat good ol Derrick at the start of the prologue nothing happens. He just vanishes into thin air and the cutscene that ends the prologue doesn't happen. William just stands there being soaked forever.

edit: Pressing a button brings up the 'skip cutscene' prompt so I guess the cutscene just isn't triggering for some reason.

edit again: And now the cutscene where Kelley revives Derrick to big boy status has no voice audio, and freezes when the big man gets up. Great!

further edit: Haha, managed to get around it by killing Derrick without using the living weapon. Look ma I did it the hard way!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 12, 2017

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Weird bug. Started a new game, and now when I defeat good ol Derrick at the start of the prologue nothing happens. He just vanishes into thin air and the cutscene that ends the prologue doesn't happen. William just stands there being soaked forever.

edit: Pressing a button brings up the 'skip cutscene' prompt so I guess the cutscene just isn't triggering for some reason.

edit again: And now the cutscene where Kelley revives Derrick to big boy status has no voice audio, and freezes when the big man gets up. Great!

further edit: Haha, managed to get around it by killing Derrick without using the living weapon. Look ma I did it the hard way!

You actually unlocked the secret ending. William successfully breaks out of the Tower of London, doesn't encounter any supernatural weirdness and gets to keep his guardian spirit, and so just goes back to wherever he came from and has a nice quiet life. And then you had to go and ruin it. :mad:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oops. Sorry William, enjoy becoming the ultimate weeaboo :saddowns:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Oops. Sorry William, enjoy becoming the ultimate weeaboo :saddowns:

Becoming the ultimate weeaboo is worth the harship

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

This ice level is annoying. Everything looks too similar, and it is curvy without a lot of landmarks.

It is weird that the spider chick in the castle level felt easier than all of the previous bosses. She should be the second boss instead of umbrella-vampire.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ok it happened again with the boat boss and now I'm a little bit more pissed off because I beat him without even taking a hit. Has this happened to anyone else? It's quite annoying.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Filthy Monkey posted:

This ice level is annoying. Everything looks too similar, and it is curvy without a lot of landmarks.

It is weird that the spider chick in the castle level felt easier than all of the previous bosses. She should be the second boss instead of umbrella-vampire.

There is a kind of talisman you drop in a level when you use it - it adds a marker to your radar. They are extremely good - drop them whenver you find a closed shortcut so you can find it again from the side you open it from for example, but you can also use them to make your own landmarks.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Omi no Kami posted:

Man, that docks level is infuriating.

Filthy Monkey posted:

This ice level is annoying.

Welcome to Nioh, where every single level is literally hand-crafted to be the most arduous bullshit you hadn't even imagined. There's something to be said for the level of talent that went into making every progressive level somehow worse than the last :v:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

No way, the Iga Mansion is the absolute best level, I refuse to believe further maps can come even close to one-upping it in confusion or bullshit tricks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have actually had no issues with finding my way around in Nioh's levels. Which is hilarious because I get hopelessly lost in every single area in the Souls games.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I said come in! posted:

I have actually had no issues with finding my way around in Nioh's levels. Which is hilarious because I get hopelessly lost in every single area in the Souls games.

I refuse to believe anyone can avoid getting lost in Iga Mansion. Especially that little bit near the boss.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinity Gaia posted:

I refuse to believe anyone can avoid getting lost in Iga Mansion. Especially that little bit near the boss.

Okay, Iga Mansion was the one exception, especially at the very beginning with the hidden door. I felt so stupid.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Iga Mansion is the one level I don't get hopelessly lost in. It's too small for me to lose track of where I'm going, but I sure do flail around at spider-castle for half an hour every time I have to run that level :negative:

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Infinity Gaia posted:

Try Sawayama. The one level the devs openly admitted to designing as a big "gently caress you" maze.

The Iga Escape I at least caught onto quickly since of course that gimmick would be there in a place filled with ninjas.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Infinity Gaia posted:

I got lost initially, but I don't get lost anymore. It's not too hard to learn the layout.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Glad to know I have more confusing levels to look forward to.

Ice bitch down. Took me a couple tries. I got one shot twice by her ice shotgun.

I went and farmed myself a full set of the red demon stuff by killing the red demon dude a few times. Got the smithing text too. The wiki suggests it is a newb badge, but gently caress it, I like spears so far, and a wearable on-level spear set seems like a thing.

Currently poking things in the next main mission, which is some sort of rainy village with a bunch of breakable crystals and underground caves.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the double helix staircase is the best part of sawawawayama

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

ArclightBorealis posted:

Try Sawayama. The one level the devs openly admitted to designing as a big "gently caress you" maze.

The Iga Escape I at least caught onto quickly since of course that gimmick would be there in a place filled with ninjas.

I finished Sawayama the other night, and I can confirm this.

On to another note, how rare is it to find gear that gives you bonuses for collecting Amrita? I found a helmet that upon collecting Armrita, will give me a small bit of health recovery for a time.

EDIT: I also now realize that visiting shrines will sometime net you Amrita. Why is that?

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 12, 2017

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

First time you visit any shrine you get a chunk of amrita. Bonus amrita fact: The counter goes orange when you have enough to level up.

On-Amrita-Gain effects are fairly common nowadays I think. At least they are on green items.
If you like being a health-regaining bastard, there's some really great synergies for that. Health on Amrita gear, the Bull Spirit (which also has this), combined with a certain not-gonna-spoil-who-it's-from set that gives you amrita every time you strong attack someone (and yes, that extra amrita counts for heals). Splash some extraction talisman and generous life-steal on your weapon on top and you gain life very quickly during fights. Tonfa Spirit Weapon strong attack and special Katana Spirit Weapon art both deal tons of individual hits, each of which counts as a strong attack for that set.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 12, 2017

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Man, the wing-cat boss in rain village kind of seemed like a joke. Either the bosses are getting easier, or I am probably getting better. Eh, who I am I kidding, it is definitely the easier part.

DatonKallandor posted:

If you like being a health-regaining bastard, there's some really great synergies for that. Health on Amrita gear, the Bull Spirit (which also has this), combined with a certain not-gonna-spoil-who-it's-from set that gives you amrita every time you strong attack someone (and yes, that extra amrita counts for heals). Splash some extraction talisman and generous life-steal on your weapon on top and you gain life very quickly during fights. Tonfa Spirit Weapon strong attack and special Katana Spirit Weapon art both deal tons of individual hits, each of which counts as a strong attack for that set.
As a newb like the idea of health regen stuff. I've just been using the shark spirit, mainly for the sense enemies. I've been finding that seeing ambushes on my radar helps save a lot of life. Also using charms with Kodama and Amrita sense, just so I can plumb levels dry. Are there any spirits that would go better with a general purpose red demon spear poker? Points are mostly body, with 10 dex and magic for the dojo stuff.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Get the divination talisman so it can mark absolutely everything on the radar.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Man this Sloth Talisman doesn't gently caress around.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Speaking of levels being hand-crafted to be the most arduous bullshit imaginable, I'm currently lost in the spider palace; I'm at the... second shrine, I think, it's set up right next to a small door which leads me into an open area with paths down to the beach, up into a house, or through a shortcut to the right side of the house. I killed an oni inside and grabbed his Castle Key, but for the life of me I can't find any route forward inside the mansion, and the drop down into the spider cave seemed to deadend after a while; am I looking in the totally wrong place?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Go back to the shrine and then up the hill again to use the key to open the gate leading up to the central keep

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

So to be clear, the shrine is just outside the bombed-out mansion where I found the castle key- I should be exploring inside the same building I found the key, to find the gate it opens? Thanks... I was thinking I maybe should've been backtracking to find it somewhere else.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

no not at all

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Oh holy freaking crap, I didn't even catch on to that being a route... I was fixated around exploring for a route forward around the big oni's house... thank you, you and MS Paint saved the day!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So I just beat the water mission with the big blob boss.

1) Is there no second shrine?

2) What the hell am I supposed to do if rng lets him do his instant one-shot wave cannon attack?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Tae posted:

So I just beat the water mission with the big blob boss.

1) Is there no second shrine?

2) What the hell am I supposed to do if rng lets him do his instant one-shot wave cannon attack?

1) There are other shrines.

2) It has a giant telegraph and you can just sprint to the side to avoid it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TheLastRoboKy posted:

1) There are other shrines.

2) It has a giant telegraph and you can just sprint to the side to avoid it.

No, the blob has two versions of the wave cannon. One that has a wind-up, I have no trouble with that. He has an instant version, and one time I died because he straight up immediately used it when I entered the room. It is so fast that I can't get off a light attack to purify yokai puddles.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Tae posted:

No, the blob has two versions of the wave cannon. One that has a wind-up, I have no trouble with that. He has an instant version, and one time I died because he straight up immediately used it when I entered the room. It is so fast that I can't get off a light attack to purify yokai puddles.

I've never seen an instant version of the wave cannon. Even when he beamu'd me in the opening once back on PS4 I could see he was charging up, just that he'd been charging up as the boss room transition faded out which is hilariously dickish.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yeah there's a second shrine to the left of the boss doors. It's not right next to it by any means but it's a quick roof run back to the boss. You get to it by going around and along the water on the far side from where you start.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Depending on which you mean by second, there's also a third shrine you can access via the roofs, which I found had an easier boss run since it was a straight shot.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

Tae posted:

Side-dash. He has the tell-tale black and white yokai smoke when charges up to do his super cannon but due to what I think is a bug he can skip the charge up and just do it instantly if he does it after his boat-spit.

Be super alert when he does his boat spit and hope you get the side-dash timing right.

I think if the charge wasn't broken in that way, he'd be a perfectly reasonable boss, but with the instant-shot he's kinda bullshit.

vvvNever confirmed to be bug mind you, but I can't think of a non-bug reason why an otherwise sensibly designed boss gets to skip the telegraphing on his one-shot kill randomly.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 13, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

DatonKallandor posted:

Side-dash. He has the tell-tale black and white yokai smoke when charges up to do his super cannon but due to what I think is a bug he can skip the charge up and just do it instantly if he does it after his boat-spit. Be super alert when he does his boat spit and hope you get the side-dash timing right. I think if the charge wasn't broken in that way, he'd be a perfectly reasonable boss.

Okay so I got hosed over by a bug then, because the instant attacks come after a boat spit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Daiba-washi's summon attack is still the most hilariously broken thing against human opponents.