Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

chumbler posted:

I think it's time I look into a new coffee making solution. The filter on my old one cup french press isn't doing so hot any more.

AeroPress is legit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Have you considered cocaine?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is $400 for a nintendo switch, zelda breath of the wild, mario + rabbids, and mario kart 8 deluxe a good deal?

Because KCB just bought that after I was looking for deals and I think we got a good deal and I guess I'm mostly just posting to say I'm excited to have a switch and some fun games :D

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
$400 for the console and three games sounds too good to be true. Are the games prelicked?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

$400 for the console and three games sounds too good to be true. Are the games prelicked?

Prelicked?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lick your cartridges kite, they taste really good

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Don't lick them if they're pre-owned, you might get thrush

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Seeing PUBG, a broken ugly early access game with sluggish movement that barely works, being talked about in people's potential Game of the Year list is almost like... depressing. Imagine that ugly busted pile of rear end next to Mario Odyssey

Now if PUBG had the movement that Mario has then I'd maybe be singing a different tune!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I mean they're both games that are going for very very very different things and mostly speak to completely different types of gamers.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I was amazed to discover how resource-intensive PUBG was because to me it looks like a 2010-era eurojank game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

I mean they're both games that are going for very very very different things and mostly speak to completely different types of gamers.

I liked both

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
PUBG is a really stupid name and the game is getting farther and farther away from the period of time where it would've been acceptable to change it to something not so stupid

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CJacobs posted:

PUBG is a really stupid name and the game is getting farther and farther away from the period of time where it would've been acceptable to change it to something not so stupid

In 2017 the games with the dumbest names are the most successful.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's too bad Minecraft suffered that same problem with its graphics and never ended up going through with the graphical overhaul.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I thought the whole point of Minecraft is that it could run on a Nokia phone

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Didn't they announce that they're patching a bunch of eye candy like god rays and HDR into it recently?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

the only things that are truly "cheap" in competitive games are edge cases like infinite juggle combos in fighting games, because you're literally preventing your opponent from doing anything at all

Dont get hit

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

exquisite tea posted:

Hence why There's Evil Within, Too is game of the year

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

exquisite tea posted:

So Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue: Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A fragmentary passage- is auto-goty

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i like good games

i like pubg

therefore pubg good

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
q

star magic lv1 yea or nay

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Hence why There's Evil Within, Too is game of the year
That would have been even better if they somehow snuck in a dumb wordplay based on the Japanese title.

"I sure hope I don't suffer some kind of psycho break too!"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

q

those are moons

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Seeing PUBG, a broken ugly early access game with sluggish movement that barely works, being talked about in people's potential Game of the Year list is almost like... depressing. Imagine that ugly busted pile of rear end next to Mario Odyssey

Now if PUBG had the movement that Mario has then I'd maybe be singing a different tune!

the only place I hear about it being a "consideration" for goty is Neogaf so that tells you all you need to know. If having the most users for something mattered then League of Legends would win GOTY every year but we all secretly know it's terrible

I played through Doki Doki Lit Club, enjoyed it, although if you leave the game sitting there at the final scene you get all these weird loving preachy things about "college is overstated" and "u should always try hard and succeed" and "people shouldnt be mean about opinions" like ok dude I get it you're using this end screen as a platform for your tweets, can I go now

That being said now I wish Nier Automata had been a VN with multiple choices as well if only so I wouldn't have to go through as many fights.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pubg is extremly good for the most part

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The White Dragon posted:

q

I like

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought Neogaf died

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That only works if your other tiers of magic are hearts, stars, horseshoes, clovers, pots of gold, rainbows, and red balloons.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought Neogaf died

Nah, NeoGAF is back, sadly. That forum is seriously garbage though and you would think after all of the drama that it would just stay dead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CJacobs posted:

We can call it MOBR (Multiplayer Online Battle Royale)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

precision posted:

I'll just settle for it having a good single player mode like 3 did (i think it was 3)

2 had a really good single player!

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

DLC Inc posted:

That being said now I wish Nier Automata had been a VN with multiple choices as well if only so I wouldn't have to go through as many fights.

Automata actually made me yearn for Nier’s bizarre genre shifts that for the most part weren’t great but did a good job keeping you on your toes. There wasn’t even a proper text adventure with in-text choices and failstates this time

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Is $400 for a nintendo switch, zelda breath of the wild, mario + rabbids, and mario kart 8 deluxe a good deal?

Because KCB just bought that after I was looking for deals and I think we got a good deal and I guess I'm mostly just posting to say I'm excited to have a switch and some fun games :D

300 + 60 + 60 + 60 = ...400??

yeah that's a bangin deal and i hope y'all have a great time!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Nina posted:

Automata actually made me yearn for Nier’s bizarre genre shifts that for the most part weren’t great but did a good job keeping you on your toes. There wasn’t even a proper text adventure with in-text choices and failstates this time

:same:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Nina posted:

Yeah, while Automata is technically a much better game, I think I still like Nier more just because of how bonkers it was and also because the story was way better.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Phantasium posted:

That only works if your other tiers of magic are hearts, stars, horseshoes, clovers, pots of gold, rainbows, and red balloons.

it's a stupid reference to the fake solar rumor for secret of mana from the early days of the internet, i need my catharsis :v:

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

glam rock hamhock posted:

Yeah, while Automata is technically a much better game, I think I still like Nier more just because of how bonkers it was and also because the story was way better.

A part of me feels it was toned down just a smidge when it comes to total wacky off the wall design when they noticed it was actually picking up major hype. I love Automata and as a game it’s pretty much better than Nier but Nier had much more unbridled vision going on for it. The characters were also a lot stronger in the first one.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought Neogaf died
It managed to limp back online, but most of the people moved off to a new forum called ResetEra which is also unsurprisingly really bad.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I miss Kainé. A2 is so close but she doesn't quite fill that niche. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

it's a stupid reference to the fake solar rumor for secret of mana from the early days of the internet, i need my catharsis :v:

Wait, what rumor I'm curious.

• Locked thread