Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

boop the snoot posted:

The reasons people choose to serve in the military vary but those who do earn a respect from me that is very special. The life of a soldier is not a easy life; time away from home, the physical pain and the moments lost with love ones are not a light load. My experience has made me a better a better man, a better father and a better human being. So as I️ take a moment of solemn reflection of the profession which has defined my life, I️ say thank you to my brothers who have sowed into my life, I️ say thank you to those who went before me and plowed the way, and I️ say thank you to the warriors who will take the next guard shift on watch so I️ and my family can sleep at peace.

obligatory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Saw Ragnarok. It was great, as described. And holy hell, the cameos. Particularly the actors. That was Chris Hemsworth's brother, by the way.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

boop the snoot posted:

The reasons people choose to serve in the military vary but those who do earn a respect from me that is very special. The life of a soldier is not a easy life; time away from home, the physical pain and the moments lost with love ones are not a light load. My experience has made me a better a better man, a better father and a better human being. So as I️ take a moment of solemn reflection of the profession which has defined my life, I️ say thank you to my brothers who have sowed into my life, I️ say thank you to those who went before me and plowed the way, and I️ say thank you to the warriors who will take the next guard shift on watch so I️ and my family can sleep at peace.

-an sof marine

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Godholio posted:

Saw Ragnarok. It was great, as described. And holy hell, the cameos. Particularly the actors. That was Chris Hemsworth's brother, by the way.

Also Matt Damon and Sam Neill

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 12, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bob Ross and Mr. Rogers are two of the pillars of stability in my mental moral temple. At this point, probably the last two.

I'm sure both were guilty of something at some point (definitely Bob, because he was enlisted), but they're still leaps and bounds ahead of anyone claiming Jesus saved them and they want to share.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKy7ljRr0AA

most everyone has seen it by now, but really says all you need to know about the dude

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Bob Ross and Mr. Rogers are two of the pillars of stability in my mental moral temple. At this point, probably the last two.

I'm sure both were guilty of something at some point (definitely Bob, because he was enlisted), but they're still leaps and bounds ahead of anyone claiming Jesus saved them and they want to share.

Mr. Rogers was an ordained Presbyterian minister and did the best job of showing what that's actually supposed to mean.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh yeah, they were both a touch deeper into the religion than I'll ever dabble, but they didn't go around proselytizing everyone.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
so i marinated some chicken for 36 hours with some caribbean jerk marinade

then i slow cooked it

then i had it with some bomb rear end rice pilaf that i seasoned

oh my god it was...bad. the marinade was so strong.

i love me some garlic but this was weapons-grade, crimes against humanity strong marinade. hoooooooooooooly gently caress it was barely, barely edible.

:smith:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I was unaware of there being "too much garlic"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Garlic is great until you've been smelling it for six hours because is sticks to everything and then you go take a poo poo and it smells like a decomposing pile of a hundred bushels of the drat things mixed with liquified equivalent of whatever Nicolas Cages' latest film happens to be.

I hated working with garlic when I cooked in bar kitchens, even the wing sauce. It's a smell you can't escape after a while, like burnt fryer grease or a skunks' rear end in a top hat.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Marinating chicken longer than 24 hours always results in a tough piece of meat for me

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

If you aren't adding enough garlic to be in the Belmount clan, what's the point?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The texture was quite good, it was just SO loving STRONG. Like I was eating a raw loving onion wrapped inside a gigantic piece of garlic. Holy mother of god it was so insanely strong. I had to brush my teeth afterwards.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
If I eat a lot of garlic, I get gassy the next day. I maintain there's no such thing as too much garlic, though.

I have, however, farted for ten consecutive seconds before. It was awesome.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Think today is not supposed to be a fishing day.

First cast was a super snag I had to cut.
Second somehow the hook flew off and left it's knot.
Third I caught a loving devil scorpion fish through it's tail.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vasudus posted:

The texture was quite good, it was just SO loving STRONG. Like I was eating a raw loving onion wrapped inside a gigantic piece of garlic. Holy mother of god it was so insanely strong. I had to brush my teeth afterwards.

You... don't usually brush your teeth after eating?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

McNally posted:

I have, however, farted for ten consecutive seconds before. It was awesome.

Those are the best farts, besides the silent but deadly type that can wake people from a dead sleep.

Those are a point of pride.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Stultus Maximus posted:

You... don't usually brush your teeth after eating?

Not literally right after eating my meal, no. This wasn't a "I'll have something for dessert to clear my palette" taste. This was a "ok great I got the last bit of food down" followed by frantically brushing my teeth and tongue like I was undergoing some sort of decontamination procedure.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Laranzu posted:

Think today is not supposed to be a fishing day.

First cast was a super snag I had to cut.
Second somehow the hook flew off and left it's knot.
Third I caught a loving devil scorpion fish through it's tail.

You actually got something so...

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

For somebody hurting for money I'm surprised they don't really hand out bans that much anymore. Afraid they won't come back with tenbux more? It's mostly probations nowadays.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
oh my god this garlic taste is awful

it will not go away

i am so not having these leftovers for lunch tomorrow

my farts smell like sulphur

forgive me padre

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Vasudus posted:

oh my god this garlic taste is awful

it will not go away

i am so not having these leftovers for lunch tomorrow

my farts smell like sulphur

forgive me padre

I always marinate for 12 to 24 hours. I don't know how the jerk marinade you used was so full of garlic but Jesus christ maybe don't buy it again

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i dont know what happened :smith:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Found the problem

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I've never marinated anything for 36 hours. Jesus.

A friend of mine would swear on marinating the single soldier ribeyes he got from the commissary in Dale's for about six hours before grilling them. Since I love Dale's, and used it for a shitton of stuff back in the day, I was happy with the result and told him so. After a couple more times, he decided to let the ribeyes sit in Dales for twenty four loving hours before grilling, and you could barely even taste the meat itself anymore.

I mean, I love me some Dale's, but at some point, it's not just marinating anymore

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Marinating ribeyes? Sacrilege.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure trader Joe's went and replaced their $10 liters of much-better-than-it-should-be blended scotch with harsh-rear end $10 corn whiskey. Rip tjs blended scotch, you were too good for this world.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I remember eating those single pack ribeyes from the commissary. They weren't great. Especially in Korea.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Did you or whomever made the recipe confuse a clove of garlic with an entire head of garlic? I did that once when I first started cooking, haha.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Your Battle Buddy posted:

Did you or whomever made the recipe confuse a clove of garlic with an entire head of garlic? I did that once when I first started cooking, haha.

obligatory Goons with Spoons link: http://www.goonswithspoons.com/Chicken_%26_40_Cloves

Yes. FORTY cloves of garlic.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
:eyepop:

Ok im going to walk back the "no such thing as too much garlic" statement

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Bake an entire head of garlic until it turns to a buttery substance and then use it on like 3-4 pieces of bread. loving amazing, but you better live with someone else who cannot get enough garlic.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
When I was first dating my ex, we both somehow confused garlic powder with garlic salt.

Since then, I've been extremely careful in adding garlic.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

When I meet my first American friend on post and he invites me over every weekend for scrumptious freedom-bbq and 10-dollar servings of steak, I'm not gonna poo poo on him for marinating them, y'hear?

In related matters, this is the same guy being melancholic over the same steaks now being sold at Lidl a few days ago

:smug:

/edit:

hrm, only the right one's a ribeye, but whatever, might go out to look for them tomorrow

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 13, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's a Lidl out by where my mom lives in VA. She hates it. I went there to see it and god drat that place is so German it hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Vasudus posted:

There's a Lidl out by where my mom lives in VA. She hates it. I went there to see it and god drat that place is so German it hurts.

I regret never having gone to a Lidl or Aldi in the US. I always wondered if they failed so hard to mirror their German counterparts that they'd just be a rebranded international version like Walmart when it failed miserably in Germany and got bought by Metro, but I guess they're trucking along alright?

In a non-related matter, I didn't hold Let's Players or YouTube superstars in the highest human regard, but I've now found something on an even lower rung of the ladder...people that stream their everyday life on Twitch, including donation and text-to-speech bullshit.

However, the fact that it can lead to dude's awkwardly explaining to a person that's never heard of Twitch that they're not a registered pedophile is a bit of a reward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsiGIuVI3WM&t=107s

• Locked thread