Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm going to try Ik6/R4 later today I bet thats not nearly as fragile & fishy as it used to be with the 80% band of might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Started this morning and playing another necro. Got real lucky with Leo's crown very early and also Grasps of Essence.

Pretty solid upgrade I just crafted :stare:

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

I hate how fragile hota barb is and ended up just going back to leapquake because you can have a billion sheet toughness.
I have about 572k sheet toughness as HoTA barb when running around killing, and just cleared a GR82 without dying. Could probably do a GR85. I've been finding it relatively resilient, especially compared to the things my friends are playing. For more toughness, running an Aquilla in the cube instead of magefists is good.

I am actually impressed by how close all of the classes are right now on the leaderboards. Necro and Wizard are a little ahead, and witch doctor is a little behind, but it is still much better than in any previous season.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 11, 2017

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I changed a few things up and I’m really digging it now. This will do nicely until I get the rest of the stuff I need for WW. Thanks all.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I have acquired this game at long last for the first time. I was a huge Diablo 2 fan in high school and I haven't played a Diablo title since. I got it on the PS4 now -- any newbie recommendations on which class I may wanna start with? Any spoiler-free tips?

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Make a seasonal character. Play through the campaign to unlock adventure mode. After you finish campaign mode follow the steps in the season journey and the advice to look for kanai's cube. Season journey will point you to everything you'd be doing anyway, as well as some max-level-only stuff.

This season every class will comfortably finish everything in the season journey solo, which leaves competing for leaderboard positions, if that's your thing.

I find some skills that require targeting single enemies or the middle of packs (meteor, falling sword, not-pestilence corpse lance) are much more finicky and less satisfying to use on a controller than PC. Melee conversely feels better and anything that shoots out from your character feels about the same.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Filthy Monkey posted:

I have about 572k sheet toughness as HoTA barb when running around killing, and just cleared a GR82 without dying. Could probably do a GR85. I've been finding it relatively resilient, especially compared to the things my friends are playing. For more toughness, running an Aquilla in the cube instead of magefists is good.

I am actually impressed by how close all of the classes are right now on the leaderboards. Necro and Wizard are a little ahead, and witch doctor is a little behind, but it is still much better than in any previous season.

Yeah I switched back & it's good toughness.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The armory is new to me and it is bad rear end.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Am I seeing this right, that the EU Challenge Rift this week has NO passive skills?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

kingturnip posted:

Am I seeing this right, that the EU Challenge Rift this week has NO passive skills?

Correct. I guess the person forgot to equip them or has no idea they exist, somehow.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The challenge is being that bad at diablo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What is the screening process for these challenge rifts, does somebody at Blizzard even glance at these profiles before making thousands of people play as a Monk without dashing strike for a whole other week.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lol I've gotten drat near perfect drops for HoTA barb but I'm missing the survival charge ring or an Aquila Curias so I'm a god drat freight train that gets massively owned the second the rift enemies get ranged attacks :negative:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So since I didn't play the game at launch, is there a good way to see what all has changed since the game's original launch? The OP makes it seem like it was quite extensive.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

exquisite tea posted:

What is the screening process for these challenge rifts, does somebody at Blizzard even glance at these profiles before making thousands of people play as a Monk without dashing strike for a whole other week.

If they ever take a look at the algorithm picking these I really hope they up whatever's making it pick the more messed-up ones.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So since I didn't play the game at launch, is there a good way to see what all has changed since the game's original launch? The OP makes it seem like it was quite extensive.

I'm going to put slightly more effort into answering this than you did into asking it and point you at this Reddit thread from earlier in the year.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So the second I Ignite one person (hit with 3 fire spells) I instantly get the full 20 stack on Firebirds even if they aren't elite and and it never goes away while in the zone/rift.

Did they change how firebirds works without changing the item text? Because holy poo poo.

Edit: relaunching the game "fixed" it. drat, that was fun while it lasted. :v:

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 12, 2017

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
As a fresh lvl 70 monk, not even having yet gotten the seasonal set, but looking to prepare for the current U6 build, what should my gambling priority be? Bracers for Gungdo/Spirit Guards then belt for Binding of Lost? What about crafting? Just start with fists? Daibos?

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

McCoy Pauley posted:

As a fresh lvl 70 monk, not even having yet gotten the seasonal set, but looking to prepare for the current U6 build, what should my gambling priority be? Bracers for Gungdo/Spirit Guards then belt for Binding of Lost? What about crafting? Just start with fists? Daibos?

You've pretty much got it. That's the correct gambling order, and I'd start with Daibo crafting. You want Flow of Eternity for the SSS CDR and it gets cubed, so the rolls don't matter. From there it's fist weapons for Lions and Fist of Azz.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Metal Meltdown posted:

You've pretty much got it. That's the correct gambling order, and I'd start with Daibo crafting. You want Flow of Eternity for the SSS CDR and it gets cubed, so the rolls don't matter. From there it's fist weapons for Lions and Fist of Azz.

Thanks. First time in like the last 5 seasons I haven't started with a DH, so I've forgotten how to Monk. Time to get back in the saddle.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Good luck crafting an azz-fist, those things are a pita to get from upgrading yellows it seems

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Gimme a fuckin ring of emptiness, you huge piece of trash game!!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Good luck crafting an azz-fist, those things are a pita to get from upgrading yellows it seems

Got it in 3 crafts. First craft was a Lion's Paw. I think they re-adjusted the rates for items with super low drop rates this patch or last patch.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Yeah they adjusted drop rates but the new rates are really weird. Why is vengeful wind so rare in the same patch they made it essential for sunwuko???

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
According to the data mine all fists are now equal except az which is like 30% more rare: http://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala
There's just a lot of fists for it to choose from when rolling.

The general trend with the drop rate changes is everything is much more equal. Notoriously rare items like band of the rue chambers are normal now, and the fire immunity neck is no longer any more rare than the other elements'.

Swilo fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 13, 2017

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I mean, I have zero clue how D3's engine rolls for loot and I admit that. But I can totally see a situation where making some items more common requires making others rarer. If your entire loot roll range is X to Z, and you can't expand it to X to (Z+2) then you're going to have to reduce the some of the broader subset ranges in order to increase other narrower ones.

My loot luck has been pretty okay so far, but I've only gotten a few Gifts. Three or four maybe. Much less than in the same period last season where I had ten or so.

Edit: I had no idea actual chances had been datamined, that's interesting.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 13, 2017

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I have some time off for Thanksgiving, so I think I'll boot up D3 and do the Haedrig's gift set for the next few weeks. I had a really good few days in Summer obsessively grinding to get all my stuff, and then promptly quit as soon as I unlocked all my stuff.

I did a Wizard last time, and I'm just not really interested in Demon Hunters. Barbarian never really clicked with me either, and while I think Witch Doctor is my favorite class, I still feel like I'm kind of burnt out playing pet-types, which seems like what Spirit of Arachyr is.

Crusader looks sweet, and I thought Hammerdin was fun last time I played with them. Plus the armor looks badass.

The Monk's set is pretty cool looking too, though it looks like you really, really need Lion's Claw for Uliana's to be good.

I played a Necromancer, but I never got into the Blood part of it. That could be fun, but I really have no idea how it plays.

SO MANY CHOICES.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Arachyr isn't pet at all. That's Zunimasa and some Helltooth builds.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Oh nice. Maybe I will do that then, I really love throwing spiders.

How does Blood Necro play? I think I barely touched those skills when I leveled one.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
I feel like I'm doing something really wrong on my new demon hunter. Usually by level 10 i'm massacring whole screens on hard/master but i'm seriously struggling to kill bosses and elites in a timely fashion on normal with the DH. I'm sure it'll go away in 20 levels but right now it's like pulling teeth, any solo suggestions?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Swilo posted:

According to the data mine all fists are now equal except az which is like 30% more rare: http://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala
There's just a lot of fists for it to choose from when rolling.

The general trend with the drop rate changes is everything is much more equal. Notoriously rare items like band of the rue chambers are normal now, and the fire immunity neck is no longer any more rare than the other elements'.

Oh jesus on monk all rings have the same drop chance except motherfucking unity

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I guess the drop rates on stuff being adjusted would explain why I've found like 5 furnaces already

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Is anyone else getting really bad latency on North America tonight?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Red Red Blue posted:

I guess the drop rates on stuff being adjusted would explain why I've found like 5 furnaces already

Yeah same. I got one almost immediately this season which was weird as hell.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
Staff of Chiroptera supposedly appears at the same rate as all other staves, but after 600 DBs, I've seen at least 3 of every staff except Chiroptera. So frustrating.

Drop tables really should favor the resource management items because most builds are loving miserable to play without their corresponding resource management item. I had the same problem last season trying to get a Golden Flense for a Roland's Crusader.

twice burned ice fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 13, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Kadala won't give me any bracers so my witch doctor can stop being made of glass.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

People posted:

:words: about loot tables
Wow, this thread feels exactly like back in the family & friends alpha.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

D. Ebdrup posted:

Wow, this thread feels exactly like back in the family & friends alpha.

Okay, I'll bite. How's that? Are you saying loot tables were decent at the start and they're just now un-loving them?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

For a while near the release of RoS there was a lot of disinformation about so-called loot tables that were seeded differently for certain players, IIRC. It was all overly complicated and none of that stuff ended up being true, but it is very factual that legendaries do indeed have tiers of rarity, and there are 1-2 in each category that drop less frequently than the others. This much is obvious to anybody who has played Diablo 3 for any appreciable length of time. Items have been knocked up or down between tiers as they've been buffed over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I've absolutely never had any luck in any season getting Little Rogue and Slander. I was always always behing the 80% average from the rarity sites and this season I've gotten three of each so far and one from crafting which took 6 upgrades total.

I'm really enjoying the change to the loot tables in that regard.