Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Did this guy wear his dad's pants by mistake or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/929916214242979841
https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/929681290453966850
edit: whoa
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/929908672301555712

the tl;dr with the situation is Jerry Jones saying he'd sue to prevent Goodell from being NFL commissioner again, plus Jones putting up Papa Johns publicly saying they were losing money to force the NFL to prevent players from kneeling

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 13, 2017

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SocketWrench posted:

lol, proof religion fucks the mind. The only ones sliding the correct way are the unaffiliated, though not by much

Not really. It certainly shows correlation between religion and politics though.

It's more explanatory of the hypothesis that Republicans adhere to religion more generally than the American populace, that white Christians trend towards Republicanism, or a similar idea.

Boon fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 13, 2017

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Covok posted:

Make that 1002 successful protests

If this was a reference to this then lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12y1LGifj0

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

trump is obviously a 2000s era nba draftee

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/929918291530850304
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/929918164175147008

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

yellowcar posted:

That's not trump in the picture.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

STAC Goat posted:

This is hosed up story.

If its not registering to you because its not something attacking the Trump admin to the core then you might be the one with very narrow tunnel vision. And if even indictments of Trump insiders don't register because they're not big enough then you might have REALLY narrow vision.

Since you're so smart maybe you can explain why it is an important story, especially important enough to qualify as the author's "the most disturbing story [he has] ever reported in ~15 years of covering national security".

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
You guys are thinking too hard on the 'immoral acts' thing. That's going to include things like drinking or getting high and if anything, more people in Congress need to get baked out of their minds.

DLC Inc posted:

how many sponsors had Hannity lost so far?

Not enough.

Pakled posted:

It's worse. In Tillman's case, he was killed by accidental friendly fire which was then covered up. In this case, it's looking like these other two SEALs were embezzling Pentagon money intended to pay local informants, and killed him because they thought he was going to blow the whistle.

e: It might not actually be as bad because unlike Tillman, the brass weren't involved in the coverup

By sheer coincidence he was becoming extremely anti-war and if he'd come home alive and intact he'd have probably become one of if not the biggest anti-war voice in the country. Good thing the US government destroyed his diaries and everything else that would've made it look bad.

Tillman's death being a murder that was able to be blamed on accidental friendly fire is almost certainly what happened.

Same but this reference is going to go over the heads of most Americans, let alone most Alabama Republicans...

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/929916214242979841
https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/929681290453966850
edit: whoa
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/929908672301555712

the tl;dr with the situation is Jerry Jones saying he'd sue to prevent Goodell from being NFL commissioner again, plus Jones putting up Papa Johns publicly saying they were losing money to force the NFL to prevent players from kneeling

Forcing Jerry Jones out of the NFL would be almost as good as when the racist Clippers(?) owner was forced to sell. Hell, it might be even better. Jones is the posterchild for old rich white assholes. When he threatened to bench anyone who kneeled I was sad that the next Cowboys game didn't have the entire team take a knee just to call his bluff. Or force him to declare a forfeit of an NFL game which would probably cause fans to riot.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Does that story have any connection to the troops killed in Niger?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

pokie posted:

That's not trump in the picture.

i confused my poorly dressed despots

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Your Taint posted:

Probably not.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

yellowcar posted:

Trump is wearing a red tie in that group photo. Poorly fitting pants guy with a light blue tie is to the right of Trump. Fake news!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

it's me im fake news

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Evil Fluffy posted:

Same but this reference is going to go over the heads of most Americans, let alone most Alabama Republicans...
no it isn't

The Raven is one of the most parodied things in pop culture. This is like saying they won't recognize an Its a Wonderful Life episode of a show.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

yellowcar posted:

it's me im fake news

Between this and Koi-gate, I'm starting to think someone is trying to trip people into criticizing Trump for relatively stupid reasons only to "Well actually..." afterwards.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Evil Fluffy posted:

By sheer coincidence he was becoming extremely anti-war and if he'd come home alive and intact he'd have probably become one of if not the biggest anti-war voice in the country. Good thing the US government destroyed his diaries and everything else that would've made it look bad.

Tillman's death being a murder that was able to be blamed on accidental friendly fire is almost certainly what happened.

Also, atheist. God denying. It was murder.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Chadderbox posted:

Between this and Koi-gate, I'm starting to think someone is trying to trip people into criticizing Trump for relatively stupid reasons only to "Well actually..." afterwards.

it's way more enjoyable to make fun of him

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Probably not.

Speaking of which, it's a shame that the story about the guy being left behind and loving executed has gotten zero airtime, as far as I can tell.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Oh man a fight between Godell and Jerry Jones, is there any possible way they both lose?

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I wonder what percentage of people hearing about the daily beast Mali green beret-seal team 6 story will conflate it with the Niger story

... because I sure conflated them after reading :(

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

theflyingorc posted:

Worth noting: they interviewed 550, so 3% means they asked literally 15 people under 35. Weirdos who have landlines. The real number for under 35 is probably worse. I think Moore is toast.

thats people with cable internet bundles that come with phone. sometimes people plug phone in, maybe because they have kids or a parent that likes having the phone

i agree its probably worse for moore though

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

yellowcar posted:

it's way more enjoyable to make fun of him

I'm not saying it isn't just that there's too much legit material to work with already. Coincidentally, Trump's tailor probably says the exact same thing from time to time.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

yellowcar posted:

Not that those aren't terrible suits, but I'm pretty sure that when you're NBA player size, just about anything looks weird on you because of proportions, and the taller you are the worse it gets.

Trump, on the other hand, is just fat. Sad!

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Your Taint posted:

The US has special forces on the ground in Africa, trying to root out islamic extremists.

One group of those special forces got attacked by said islamic extremists, another group had two criminals who embezzled money from a slush fund and murdered a third guy after he found out. So, yes and no.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

The Lord of Hats posted:

Not that those aren't terrible suits, but I'm pretty sure that when you're NBA player size, just about anything looks weird on you because of proportions, and the taller you are the worse it gets.

Trump's still growing. A whole inch this year alone! He'll stretch out.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

it was more of a comment about nba fashion during that time

NBA players have a.... unique sense of fashion ranging anywhere from awesome to :psyduck:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

yellowcar posted:

NBA players have a.... unique sense of fashion ranging anywhere from awesome to :psyduck:

This was the era of JNCOS and whale tails, it was just a bad time for fashion in general

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pacra posted:

I wonder what percentage of people hearing about the daily beast Mali green beret-seal team 6 story will conflate it with the Niger story

... because I sure conflated them after reading :(

To conflate them would require knowing that Niger and Mali are in the same region so I don't think too many people would get them confused.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Your Taint posted:

Speaking of which, it's a shame that the story about the guy being left behind and loving executed has gotten zero airtime, as far as I can tell.

He knew what he signed up f

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
When does Trump come back?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

yellowcar posted:

This is a bunch of college and high school kids trying to dress up for what was then the biggest day of their lives. They couldn't afford bespoke suits quite yet.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Withnail posted:

please explain how this is apparently anything more that two criminals in the military

The SEALs scalp and otherwise desecrate enemy combatants on the regular. They fly Trump campaign flags from their vehicles in contravention of the law. And now apparently steal money and murder their comrades to cover that up. There is something very very wrong with one of the most well equipped and trained groups of killers in the United States military.

If corruption, aberrant behaviour, and a break down in military discipline within a special forces group doesn't give you pause, I suggest you read up on the origin of Los Zetas.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

The Lord of Hats posted:

Except look at more recent versions of this photo where everyone looks much, much better.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"If you are going to act like a Nazi then you could at least have the decency to dress like one"

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
lovely pizza instigates sale of America's Team.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
god drat, i love the way brietbart constantly shits on ivanka and jared

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/BojorquezCBS/status/929864582801297408?s=17

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Silent Hill siren really sets the mood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelDimak
May 1, 2007

Guardian of the Salsa
Does anyone have the article that summarizes Moore's pro-child rapist rulings as a judge?

I'm talking with someone who refuses to believe it happened and can't find the article.

• Locked thread