Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

whodatwhere posted:

Wow, chief of police of Malibu the Keys sounds like a real reactionary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yggQ3HbO0Wg

That coffee mug is the finest, most flawless sound effect ever recorded.

In retrospect, a few things the cop said that anger me now but was too concerned about saying the wrong thing earlier: one being that they subscribe to the broken window policy, and that they take care of little problems like us before they become big problems. And second being right off the bat when he had us all sit on the curb in a line and said "hoo boy! 5 arrests! I wont have to work for the rest of the week!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DICK DICER posted:

The cops laughed at me and told me id need four jobs to afford to stay here

The cops are just trying to scare you into leaving so they don't have to deal with you later, looks like it worked.

Key West isn't that much more expensive to live in than the rest of Florida. All those restaurants and bars you saw there, the workers all live on the island on their wages from cooking/serving/bartending etc so to say you need four jobs to live there is bullshit.

[e] also cops are dicks, sky blue

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The cops are just trying to scare you into leaving so they don't have to deal with you later, looks like it worked.

Of all the poo poo i should have gone to prison for, im not breaking my arrest record because of some bullshit hard rear end tourist trap trespass

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

DICK DICER posted:

Of all the poo poo i should have gone to prison for, im not breaking my arrest record because of some bullshit hard rear end tourist trap trespass

I don't care about you getting arrested, I just don't want that sweet bike getting nicked.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DICK DICER posted:

I'm not implying that you should have stayed, I'm just saying that the cops are full of poo poo.

If you stayed they would have probably harassed you anyway.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh i had that poo poo double locked with a kryptonite cable and U bolt to a metal fence, odds are the frame at least would have been waiting for me

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

We had a bike locked to the deck with a Kryptonite cable, landlord asked me to get it off (tenant abandoned it) I cut through the cable in 4-5 cuts with a pair of Knipex dikes.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So maybe I missed it, but did you even connect with the goon dad on the island?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Elviscat posted:

We had a bike locked to the deck with a Kryptonite cable, landlord asked me to get it off (tenant abandoned it) I cut through the cable in 4-5 cuts with a pair of Knipex dikes.

The cable was only securing the front wheel to the u bolt, which looped the frame, rear wheel, and fence

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The Locator posted:

So maybe I missed it, but did you even connect with the goon dad on the island?

I spoke with him on the phone but as i couldnt stay there moot point

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I thought the idea was that he was gonna help you get hooked up with work and give advice on where to stay etc.

But you probably have that chicken & egg problem, where you need money to afford decent lodging so you have time to seek work while not looking like a hobo, so you can get money to afford to pay for that lodging

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

I thought the idea was that he was gonna help you get hooked up with work and give advice on where to stay etc.

But you probably have that chicken & egg problem, where you need money to afford decent lodging so you have time to seek work while not looking like a hobo, so you can get money to afford to pay for that lodging

Yeah, it was a combination of factors including the local swarming blood suckers being small enough they pass right through mosquito netting, the cops, the risk, and the absolutely miserable heat. The cops were just the final nail in the coffin

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So im up to 209 lb but i still fit a 33 inch waist

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

DICK DICER posted:

So im up to 209 lb but i still fit a 33 inch waist

More muscle and less fat will do that.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Proteus Jones posted:

More muscle and less fat will do that.

And its all below the waist :q:

so numb

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Bus is here for Marathon to Florida City

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Reasons Florida Sucks rear end #2,097,144a: exiting the grocery store and my glasses fogging up

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

DICK DICER posted:

Reasons Florida Sucks rear end #2,097,144a: exiting the grocery store and my glasses fogging up

Every. Single. loving. Time.

I've gotten in the habit of walking around with them flipped up on my head sunglasses style so I can loving see while they warm up to ambient.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Man, I was really hoping Key West would work out. It sounded like such a great option. Can't control what you can't control, I guess. Thanks for trying, hotsauce goon!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

He's clearly not a tropical weather person, Colorado should be right up his alley.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

He's clearly not a tropical weather person, Colorado should be right up his alley.

By which you mean satans bug infested rear end in a top hat weather

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Yes, thats generally a good description of tropical places.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It's a great description of New York actually :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Took a shower at the hostel, literally every square inch of my body looks like my legs i posted

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Even your now washed dick and balls

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

verbal enema posted:

Even your now washed dick and balls

especially those

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DICK DICER posted:

especially those

Is that any different than usual though?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Is that any different than usual though?

Usually it's small mammal bites instead of small insects, if I had to hazard a guess.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Since hot weather and insects aren't working why not take a brisk cycle to Alaska and try there :D

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Proteus Jones posted:

Usually it's small mammal bites instead of small insects, if I had to lizard a guess.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well hey, guess im lending a hand at the hostel today!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The owner says shes heard my story dozens of times before, people head down there and get run off after a few days once people reach a certain bug bite saturation level because its an indicator they dont have anywhere to goin the evenings

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Fffffff tobacco is just about out

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
You should move to Baja where the cigs are cheap and the bugs are few.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I thought there was supposed to be loads of work to be done cleaning up after the hurricane and everyone was supposed to be grateful for the much-needed labor and Dick would be showered with jobs and gratitude.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

I thought there was supposed to be loads of work to be done cleaning up after the hurricane and everyone was supposed to be grateful for the much-needed labor and Dick would be showered with jobs and gratitude.

Sure, if you roll up in your block-lift Cummins with a bed full of chainsaws and Realtree baseball hats.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

Ive been told by three people in Homestead now the cops in key west are heavily for profit and if you dont show up with money *fingers sliding gesture* they will pick you up and slap you with a court date and be required to stay for your appearance, the whole time trying desperately to not get picked up again and wind up chained to the keys bouncing in and out of 30 day tresspassing charges waiting for your court date. It was described to me as 'a racket'

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Im piss drunk and i climbed to the top of a rope 3 story tree house and im not sure i can get down

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DICK DICER posted:

Ive been told by three people in Homestead now the cops in key west are heavily for profit and if you dont show up with money *fingers sliding gesture* they will pick you up and slap you with a court date and be required to stay for your appearance, the whole time trying desperately to not get picked up again and wind up chained to the keys bouncing in and out of 30 day tresspassing charges waiting for your court date. It was described to me as 'a racket'

How is it a profit racket if they are picking up and holding people with no money? That doesn't make any sense.

It would make more sense if they were picking up rich party kids and fining the poo poo out of them or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

How is it a profit racket if they are picking up and holding people with no money? That doesn't make any sense.

It would make more sense if they were picking up rich party kids and fining the poo poo out of them or something.

Because it is essentially debtor's prison, and they can get state and federal kickbacks if they have indigent prisoners. Especially if Florida's into work-release or private prisons (spoilers, they are).

• Locked thread