Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You could also do Italo-Russian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What if I put Russtalian

edit: "The leader of the gang, Saul Copernicus, rides a noble steed he calls his Russtallion. No, the joke wasn't lost on us either."

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

DLC Inc posted:

oh yeah I shortly figured that out. I always love when games make you do weird "actual files" poo poo and he last time I did that was with that Karoshi game where you had to like, insert a CD to get past a level.

I'm sure however that was done was the most like simple programming thing in the world, but that poo poo made me go :aaa: like it was some kind of magic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Noctis Lucis Caelum is coming to Tekken 7.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I was looking for a new main, this is good news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
Edit: Of course dude would be friends with Lars

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 13, 2017

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Remind me, do you need Legacy of the Void for fully-featured multiplayer?

Currently, yes.

That changes (and there is a huge new game-changing design patch) on 14 November AKA in like 2 days.

Everyone can play the Wings campaign for free, play any coop commander to level 5 (the core 4 are all free with no level cap). Arcade is and was completely free, so eh, but free ladder...!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Grapplejack posted:

cj put in the ability to send you irl money to get bonus lootboxes in-game and enjoy your free ride.

i mean if he's really serious about it, the other thing he has to do is add in a player sprite with cosmetics, and sometimes you get cosmetics out of the box, but they're actual steam inventory items that can be traded or bought and sold.

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
Who wants to 1v1 me in Rome Total War 2

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
Mosh pit mode gaul youths vs plebs only

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The White Dragon posted:

i mean if he's really serious about it, the other thing he has to do is add in a player sprite with cosmetics, and sometimes you get cosmetics out of the box, but they're actual steam inventory items that can be traded or bought and sold.

The achievement in Analog: A Hate Story that can only be gained by sending the dev a picture of a cake you made in real life, except mine requires you to send me 5 dollars for a loot box

edit:

What other incredibly lame things can I make figurine sets out of?

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 13, 2017

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hand of Fate 2 is Very Good, and I would like to recommend it to Everyone.

I never touched the first Hand of Fate despite being interested in it, simply because the combat looked pretty bare-bones. But in 2, the combat is actually quite engaging. It's pretty simple and button-mashy, but there's enough enemy and weaponry variety to keep things interesting.

I don't know what else to say. It seems to get everything right. Objectives change, sometimes substantially, mission to mission. The game tells you what kinds of encounter cards would be most suitable for your deck before taking on a mission, but it's fun even if you gently caress up, since fine-tuning it after a failed run feels pretty good too.

Deffo my GotM

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The last mission of the new Hitman game has a virus which is spread from person to person and you have to make sure it doesn't escape. Needless to say,

That was a very loving surreal experience, running around in a black hazmat suit doing my best Vader impression, cutting down tourists with a Silverballer.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
finally clawing your way through 3-1 in resident evil 4 on professional, surviving the big room on three randomly dropped green herbs... a good feel

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That lofi hiphop channel that was spamming my YouTube recommendations... isn't half bad?

Also I clicked a bunch of them so now they're never leaving my recs.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That lofi hiphop channel that was spamming my YouTube recommendations... isn't half bad?

Also I clicked a bunch of them so now they're never leaving my recs.

Yeah, I don't mind them when I'm doing some documentation at work. Of course I need to make sure no one sees the video image...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The GOTY has arrived

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

No meme game will ever be better than the Seinfeld visual novel.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Argh

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

Well I certainly wasn't expecting that. Looks rad, though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

My dream is to someday see a steam trading card of one of my stupid trading card sprites.

do you wanna help me and my wife write our visual novel

i downloaded renpy and told her about everything and now we're actually stoked to do it and make it good. it's gonna be a psychological mystery story set in the world of local independent rock music and microbrews and college town stuff

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

precision posted:

i downloaded renpy and told her about everything and now we're actually stoked to do it and make it good. it's gonna be a psychological mystery story set in the world of local independent rock music and microbrews and college town stuff
Seems kind of risky given the current climate to make White People: The Official Videogame, but whatever works for you guys I guess.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is the mystery that somehow nobody has killed that entire town yet?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Kins posted:

Seems kind of risky given the current climate to make White People: The Official Videogame, but whatever works for you guys I guess.

do you really think that collegetown indie rock scenes are "white people" because you're about 2 decades off on that presumption

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That reminds me that I need to play Night in the Woods. Though I guess so did this

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/929763157635080192

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
NitW would be my goty if I didn’t have like 5 gotys I love for entirely different reasons

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

2017 has sucked immense rear end overall but there were some drat fine video james as consolation I suppose

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

gaming in the prodromal age

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

do you wanna help me and my wife write our visual novel

Nice. I used to work as a writer on a VN that was made in ren'py a couple years back, it's a huge pain in the rear end but once you learn about all its little quibbles it works out pretty nicely. One such quibble was that back then ren'py for whatever reason could not stream in .gif files. So in order to make an actually animated image (not related to tweening or moving sprites) you had to save every frame of it as a png and then play them in order with a pause of however many milliseconds inbetween each. I imagine it's much less janky now.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Brought to you by MONTANA RECREATIONS!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Causing the extinction of all native megafauna and then charging people $10 to see holograms of them in the visitor's center is extremely capitalist af.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
HZD is pretty harsh with the commentary on capitalism, and I love it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i think i'm slowly creeping up on my enemy AI being fully capable of "talking" with each other to pretend like they're casting unite techs (actually, only one enemy sends the cast signal to the part of my code that processes enemy magic and the other casters just switch to the casting animation and they aren't really communicating). it has all the pieces it needs (probably?) to do internal error checking so if one of them runs out of HP before the spell completes, they'll all switch back to running their normal methods

but i guess we'll see once i do some last-pass poo poo and compile. tomorrow though, it's too late to keep going

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Attestant posted:

HZD is pretty harsh with the commentary on capitalism, and I love it.
I really enjoyed the main story of HZD. On one hand it's your typical post-apocalyptic scenario but on the other it has great details and its own twists and I loved that they fully realized the post- part while giving enough exposure to the pre- part for it to be satisfactory.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Palpek posted:

I really enjoyed the main story of HZD. On one hand it's your typical post-apocalyptic scenario but on the other it has great details and its own twists and I loved that they fully realized the post- part while giving enough exposure to the pre- part for it to be satisfactory.

I super enjoyed the more sombre tone it had with the pre-apocalypse stuff. The genre has been kinda oversaturated by fallout-styled irony and satire, and it was kinda :unsmith: reading and listening all the reactions different people had to the apocalypse in HZD. They felt a lot more realistic and sincere than the usual ones.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have been having a wonderful time with Steamworld Dig 2. I completed the first game a while ago (but I cannot recall which platform I did it on) and got the second for my switch.

It feels a lot larger than the first, and I really like sequels where a minor character is searching for a character from the original. It is a nice kind of continuity :D

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah Dig 2 is one of my favourite games of the year in a pretty god drat good year for games.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
aloy is antifa

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

aloy is antifa

She will finally complete her arc in the sequel by kneeing Mecha-Ted in the cyberballs and altering the Hades purge order to kill all men.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Attestant posted:

I super enjoyed the more sombre tone it had with the pre-apocalypse stuff. The genre has been kinda oversaturated by fallout-styled irony and satire, and it was kinda :unsmith: reading and listening all the reactions different people had to the apocalypse in HZD. They felt a lot more realistic and sincere than the usual ones.

The Talos Principle has lots of that too, if you like first-person puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I think i'm close to the end at HZD. Had to stop yesterday because it was already 1 AM when I checked the clock and I could have sworn I didn't play it that long.
Aloy remains amazing. Sidequests are fun, hunting robodinosaurs is amazing. Game is gorgeous. Stormbird hosed my poo poo up pretty badly.
I eventually managed to take him down. Using the ropecaster is so much fun. There's something so satisfying about tying down the Glinthawks to the ground.

I may have spent too much time hunting the animals of the world for their skins.
I just noticed that Aloy can hide in the tall grass because the end of the tall grass is the same color as her hair.
Should have played this way sooner.

• Locked thread