Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Paul F Tompkins? Doesn't strike me as a college football fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Ghost of Robert Neyland came to me in a dream and told me to believe in Jon Gruden.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Seaniqua posted:

Paul F Tompkins? Doesn't strike me as a college football fan

Pro Football Talk ya dingus

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/13/report-university-of-tennessee-has-interest-in-jets-dc-kacy-rodgers/

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Joey Freshwater posted:

lol just read that Mark Richt is supposed to have interest in it because he hates living in Miami. That's loving hilarious.

Although him coming to Tennessee and immediately winning a title would be the best thing ever just because of UGA teeth gnashing.

please link me to this. That sounds hilarious.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dilber posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ockytop/comments/7cmnsd/monday_rumor_thread/dprlczo/

I don't know how to break it down by specific comments but that's where it starts with the Grizzlymint guy. He doubles down a couple times when people call BS.

quote:

[–]Grizzlymint
I was just informed that Mark Richts agent has been asking around about the UT job.....

quote:

[–]Grizzlymint
I have multiple sources. One lives in my home town in west TN, one lives in Nashville and has been in the know with UTAD for 20+ years and the other lives in Knoxville and is friends with Gruden jr.

quote:

[–]Grizzlymint
Not from what I heard. A very reliable source said he would like to talk after the season, but I doubt Tennessee would want to wait that long. Vol fans might murder Currie if he waits till after the early signing period after he told one of our commits that he will know before the 20th of december.

There's more but eh

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Why would Richt want to leave his Alma matter when they are probably going to give him a fat payday and he is on a roll?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Heitner broke the McElwain out news the weekend of WLOCP, so he’s got sources inside the athletic department.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I can’t believe you guys are falling for it. The same thing happen in 2012. There were even rumors of coaches being contacted by Gurden for staff positions at that time. I’ve checked the Vol Nation thread, and it is mostly the same ones that were spreading Gruden rumors back in 2012.

I do agree it seems some of the press are getting into the act this time. I think it is to get ratings. That said it does give me some pause. Instead of 100% it will not be Gruden, and I am at 90% now.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dilber posted:

Richt is too thugged out now to coach anywhere but a Florida school, tbh.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

Why would Richt want to leave his Alma matter when they are probably going to give him a fat payday and he is on a roll?

Didn't he just get a raise? Did I imagine that?

nate fisher posted:

I can’t believe you guys are falling for it. The same thing happen in 2012. There were even rumors of coaches being contacted by Gurden for staff positions at that time. I’ve checked the Vol Nation thread, and it is mostly the same ones that were spreading Gruden rumors back in 2012.

I do agree it seems some of the press are getting into the act this time. I think it is to get ratings. That said it does give me some pause. Instead of 100% it will not be Gruden, and I am at 90% now.

Literally one guy on these boards who might be an insane person. There is no "you guys".

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The Ghost of Robert Neyland came to me in a dream and told me to believe in Jon Gruden.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

If Richt gets to a playoff spot he is getting a way bigger payday

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I don't know how to break it down by specific comments but that's where it starts with the Grizzlymint guy. He doubles down a couple times when people call BS.

There's more but eh

Richt is absolutely not leaving his alma mater for UT. Good lord.

Joey Freshwater posted:

You talking about Barnes?

2015-16: 15 - 19
2016-17: 16 - 16

Eh. But there's not a ton of expectations for the mens bball team either. Granted they're higher than that especially with noted successful coach Rick Barnes coming in, but nobody really cares.

Given the fuckin' mess he came into, uh? No. Barnes has done a really solid job so far of rebuilding the program and they should compete for an NCAA bid this year with a bunch of talent back.

We joke about Barnes being kind of a lovely coach, but dude has a bunch of wins and is prolly a better coach than Tennessee deserved after running Martin off, and then hiring the walking NCAA violation as his replacement.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 13, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Richt is absolutely not leaving his alma mater for UT. Good lord.

Given the fuckin' mess he came into, uh? No. Barnes has done a really solid job so far of rebuilding the program and they should compete for an NCAA bid this year with a bunch of talent back.

We joke about Barnes being kind of a lovely coach, but dude has a bunch of wins and is prolly a better coach than Tennessee deserved after running Martin off, and then hiring the walking NCAA violation as his replacement.

Did you read anything I wrote because lol

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Did you read anything I wrote because lol

the good lord wasn't directed at you, but you're absolutely wrong about Barnes

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

the good lord wasn't directed at you, but you're absolutely wrong about Barnes

All I said what "eh" and that there aren't a ton of expectations for the basketball team. Meaning from a fan standpoint. Nobody (that I know anyway) really gives a poo poo about UT baskeball that isn't the women's team and even that's pretty passive these days. I don't have a problem with Barnes.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 13, 2017

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Word on the street is that Chip Kelly might be announced as soon as during tonight's basketball game.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Godzilla07 posted:

Heitner broke the McElwain out news the weekend of WLOCP, so he’s got sources inside the athletic department.

:stare:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

Word on the street is that Chip Kelly might be announced as soon as during tonight's basketball game.

Oh my

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

https://twitter.com/BreakoutAnalyst/status/930183662146129920

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

Joey Freshwater posted:

There's more but eh

Isn't Grizzlymint the idiot that made a big deal of having some exclusive photo of Gruden in Knoxville, then it turned out it was just another picture of when he was here a couple months ago?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I'm having a hard time imagining anything more pathetic than trotting out 'mah inside sources' to prop up whatever fevered pipe dream you can vomit up all over a message board

That aside, I grew up next to Jen Bielema's grandma and she said that bert has a small penis and it smells of prawns

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

Isn't Grizzlymint the idiot that made a big deal of having some exclusive photo of Gruden in Knoxville, then it turned out it was just another picture of when he was here a couple months ago?

Yeah I think it was actually supposedly at the airport in Knoxville but someone recognized it as the Indy airport or something like that. Who loving knows with those guys.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah I think it was actually supposedly at the airport in Knoxville but someone recognized it as the Indy airport or something like that. Who loving knows with those guys.

Lololol that's even better

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

But only a 2009 regdate. Bad source.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
https://twitter.com/MikelSevere/status/930141521625612289

Omaha radio personality no one listens to says that an Adam Rittenberg says that Nebraska wants Scott Frost. Not much, but it's something.

After Saturday, I'm ready to get on the Scott Frost bandwagon. I just hope we give him ~5 years assuming we land him.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hahahaha our AD replied

https://twitter.com/scottstricklin/status/930202601857208320

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

gruden has reached out to dale jones, app state LB coach and vol alum

for what its worth

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Gonna be hilarious when Gruden hires a coaching staff full of UT alums when he takes back the Bucs job

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Being a Bucs and Vols fan right now is pretty tough when I absolutely don’t want Gruden for either team.

One way or another he’s gonna be HC for one of my teams, isn’t he?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Being a Bucs and Vols fan right now is pretty tough when I absolutely don’t want Gruden for either team.

There's always...suicide.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Gruden won't coach again

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

Ehud posted:

Gruden won't coach again

This right here.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Foley favoring Strong over Kelly is completely believable so I don’t blame anyone

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I can't wait to disapointed with whatever on the cheap dipshit we end up with

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Being a bucs fan sucks rear end this decade.

Source: I'm a bucs fan

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I can't wait to disapointed with whatever on the cheap dipshit we end up with

I think I’d much rather have Mike Norvell than Jon Gruden at this point

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If I was Jon Gruden I'd stay away from coaching and just rake in my millions working two days a week

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

If I was Jon Gruden I'd stay away from coaching and just rake in my millions working two days a week

This is assuming ESPN wants to keep paying him.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

If ESPN doesn't I'm sure as poo poo someone else will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

He's signed through 2021, so I'd assume so.

• Locked thread