Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/930207116027158533

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he's made of glass like all these softboy republicans.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Vladimir Putin posted:

I want to know what Moore thinks the endgame will be.

he doesn't have one, he's just desperate and angry that he "got away" with being a pervert and probably views it as a cosmic injustice that he's being held accountable for his actions now, on the verge of his moment of triumph

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vladimir Putin posted:

I want to know what Moore thinks the endgame will be.

There has to be at least another 14-year-old, since Corfman even mentions that she got dumped for another 14-year-old girl because she turned 16 and Moore thought she was too old by then.

Also, the real shoe dropping would be an incident with a minor after 1985. It would mean a whole lot of things.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Gonna go read the comments on this against my better judgement

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

HappyHippo posted:

You're assuming they'd rather have Moore over the Democrat, that's not entirely clear right now

they want more than a democrat. they are just making noise about opposing him.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/edatpost/status/930206902822297601

ok what the gently caress rand had to be banging his attacker's wife or something why won't he talk about this

Because he got a royal asskicking over old man lawn-drama. Still funny. :colbert:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

What happens if he's expelled? Another special election, or the governor appoints someone? If you're looking for a reason why the Senate might expel him, that would be it right there; to retain a Republican seat.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

What happens if he's expelled? Another special election, or the governor appoints someone? If you're looking for a reason why the Senate might expel him, that would be it right there; to retain a Republican seat.

Alabama explodes.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Young Freud posted:

There has to be at least another 14-year-old, since Corfman even mentions that she got dumped for another 14-year-old girl because she turned 16 and Moore thought she was too old by then.

Also, the real shoe dropping would be an incident with a minor after 1985. It would mean a whole lot of things.

If it happened after Jan 7 1982 it would have no statute of limitations.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/kristenhcnn/status/930207394499629057
No. You live with it.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did Chelsea Manning ever denounce Wikileaks for turning out to be a propaganda front and not the whistle-blower org she thought they were?

http://www.businessinsider.com/chelsea-manning-really-doesnt-want-to-talk-about-wikileaks-2017-10

She seems understandably tense about addressing it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

boner confessor posted:

he doesn't have one, he's just desperate and angry that he "got away" with being a pervert and probably views it as a cosmic injustice that he's being held accountable for his actions now, on the verge of his moment of triumph

The only game is denial every step of the way. Anything else is just inviting the idea he might suffer consequences.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

evilweasel posted:

ok what the gently caress rand had to be banging his attacker's wife or something why won't he talk about this
Nobody knows. Seriously, nobody knows. I have friends in the area, and even the local rumor mill doesn't know.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

dbukalski posted:

what would it take for the goon squad to make this reality?

Cryptome.org

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I want to see what Moores next poem will be

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

dbukalski posted:

they want more than a democrat. they are just making noise about opposing him.

I think many of them would rather have a democrat over Moore before this came out, he was always going to be a headache for them in the Senate. But opposing him would have produced a backlash from the base. Now they have the opportunity to disavow him, and they're taking it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I did not touch her
Liberal media lies
We totally kissed

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Wait my REPUBLICAN senator says Moore should gently caress off :aaaaa:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

roses are red
violets are blue
now that you've bled
do you wanna screw?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

evilweasel posted:

he got his rear end beat.

of course he doesn't want to talk about it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Media needs to get every Senate R on the record regarding expulsion.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

boner confessor posted:

roses are red
violets are blue
now that you've bled
do you wanna screw?

y'all need jesus

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

HappyHippo posted:

I think many of them would rather have a democrat over Moore before this came out, he was always going to be a headache for them in the Senate. But opposing him would have produced a backlash from the base. Now they have the opportunity to disavow him, and they're taking it.

Yeah. Put politics aside, put dubious Republcian ethics aside; the man would just be the most insufferable loving rear end in a top hat to work with and be around. Dude's crazier than Ted Cruz and dumber than Trump.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

evilweasel posted:

The only way that Lawngate could get better is if it turns out Rand started the fight and his neighbor kicked the poo poo out of him as an act of self defense.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

quote:

WikiLeaks didn’t respond to that message, but on October 12, 2016, the account again messaged Trump Jr. “Hey Donald, great to see you and your dad talking about our publications,” WikiLeaks wrote. (At a rally on October 10, Donald Trump had proclaimed, “I love WikiLeaks!”)

“Strongly suggest your dad tweets this link if he mentions us,” WikiLeaks went on, pointing Trump Jr. to the link wlsearch.tk, which it said would help Trump’s followers dig through the trove of stolen documents and find stories. “There’s many great stories the press are missing and we’re sure some of your follows [sic] will find it,” WikiLeaks went on. “Btw we just released Podesta Emails Part 4.”

Trump Jr. did not respond to this message. But just 15 minutes after it was sent, as The Wall Street Journal’s Byron Tau pointed out, Donald Trump himself tweeted, “Very little pick-up by the dishonest media of incredible information provided by WikiLeaks. So dishonest! Rigged system!

That same day

https://twitter.com/TDITrump/status/930206554338537472

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Yeah. Put politics aside, put dubious Republcian ethics aside; the man would just be the most insufferable loving rear end in a top hat to work with and be around. Dude's crazier than Ted Cruz and dumber than Trump.

Ted would probably enjoy not being the most hated man in Congress.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

The only way that Lawngate could get better is if it turns out Rand started the fight and his neighbor kicked the poo poo out of him as an act of self defense.

It'd explain why the neighbor seems to have gotten off so light for nearly killing Paul.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

boner confessor posted:

roses are red
violets are blue
now that you've bled
do you wanna screw?

:smithfrog:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Evil Fluffy posted:

I envision a dispute over leaves or grass clippings, them both jawing at each other, a line drawn in the sand, and then one of them defiantly staring the other one in the eye while turning on the leaf blower and blowing the crap across the property line. The other one then loses it and starts the fight and Paul gets the poo poo kicked out of him.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Covok posted:

This is really good. This is more than we could have ever hoped for. One more vote may have given us a majority, but a perfect deadlock is so good.

Especially with the governor behind you.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Young Freud posted:

I think it has to be this. Otherwise the Senate GOP would not be so adamant he step aside, given how equally adamant FoxNews and the Alabama GOP are that he not.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

There loving should be one. Literally.

evilweasel posted:

Confirmed, dudes don't get into a fight that ends with punctured lungs and broken ribs unless it involves one of their dicks.

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

HappyHippo posted:

it costs nothing to tweet that roy moore should step down. they wont run anyone as a sign in candidate

that would be the real sign to me that they truly want moore out. if they ran a sign in campaign they would only need to shave a few % off moore for jones to win

if they wanted jones to win they could make it happen easy. they will make noise that roy should step down.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Add a Santorum av and you're golden.

(or frothy)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/930210560209309696?s=17

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

dbukalski posted:

it costs nothing to tweet that roy moore should step down. they wont run anyone as a sign in candidate

that would be the real sign to me that they truly want moore out. if they ran a sign in campaign they would only need to shave a few % off moore for jones to win

if they wanted jones to win they could make it happen easy. they will make noise that roy should step down.

write in for who tho

it could be that they know they don't want moore but they don't have a suitable write in candidate on deck to rally around at this time

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I think it has to be this. Otherwise the Senate GOP would not be so adamant he step aside, given how equally adamant FoxNews and the Alabama GOP are that he not.

https://twitter.com/VaughnHillyard/status/930209116970201088

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
How many senators are needed to expell Moore if he is elected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

dbukalski posted:

what would it take for the goon squad to make this reality?

You can always hype the work of our sister orgs at OCCRP and ICIJ. Summarizing and spreading their efforts would be huge.

• Locked thread