Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Uh you get a free set of IK armor and the hammer with the season journey so.....

You use the 6 piece for the charge build too (and actually use the hammer unlike the HOTA build). I’m fairly certain that the paragon 1000+ people aren’t using their original IK armor from the gift and have found other equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Toshimo posted:

Swap to UE it owns

This x10000, it's so much more fun to play watching the full screen explode.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
When I have the U6 set for my relatively new monk, but none of the other necessary gear, should I be using the best daibo I can craft, or two fist weapons? Does it really matter?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dameius posted:

I think you'll be better off with hellfire & f/r if you don't want CoE. You'll probably need to cube an Aquila to make up for the lost DR though.

I'll keep In mind thanks .

I think F and R is used in the speedfarm build I saw anyway

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

New challenge rift is out. Go get your free easy mats. It's an LoN Captain American Sader, so just throw shields everywhere until you win.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

DrSeRRoD posted:

New challenge rift is out. Go get your free easy mats. It's an LoN Captain American Sader, so just throw shields everywhere until you win.

My pub group stomped through it first try with over two minutes to go.

It's very easy this week.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
what's a good necro build for speed t13s

pref something safe since it's my first season in hardcore, I died trying a trag'oul blood mage build for split farming bounties. The rathma pet set is really tanky and safe but it has no room for any movement abilities so it's slow as gently caress.

(or am I just better off rolling another class for fast bounties lmao)

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

HotA build seems pretty good so far. I have the 6-piece IK plus the set weapon (best weapon I have right now), cubed Bracers of the First Men, and the Ancient’s Fury shoulders. The biggest issue I’ve run into so far is fury generation when I’m grouped and my ancient bros don’t have enough stuff to hit. I do have War Cry, so that helps a bit. Less fury means less slamming people with hammers, which means less Berserker uptime, which means less damage. But when it’s all flowing, stuff dies quickly and it’s fun.

Icy Veins recommends the paired swords (rogue and slanderer); is that what I should be shooting for with weapons? I have one but not the other.

I’m also getting close to a full Wrath of the Wastes set and would like to try a WW build as well.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Minrad posted:

what's a good necro build for speed t13s

pref something safe since it's my first season in hardcore, I died trying a trag'oul blood mage build for split farming bounties. The rathma pet set is really tanky and safe but it has no room for any movement abilities so it's slow as gently caress.

(or am I just better off rolling another class for fast bounties lmao)

BONESTORM

Inarius 6 PC + Every Movespeed buff + Gem of Toxin and Bane of Trapped and some other DPS gem = literally run through rift as everything explodes on contact with you

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Man, the Seeker of the Light set gameplay is dire. Particularly with suboptimal gear.

I can't keep Falling Sword off cooldown enough because its landing strike obliterates half of what it hits... but I can't bump up the difficulty because I get smooshed without perma-Akarat. And FS still costing wrath to use in a set where it's entirely possible to run out is unforgivable. The refund bracers are incredibly troublesome because you can drain a full wrath globe on a boss before the hammers start despawning (again, no perma-Akarat) which means you lose your defenses because you need hammer hits for cooldown and the actual wrath to spend. And to top it off, hammers have no visual impact and their hitbox is frustrating.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Tokubetsu posted:

not high up there yet but so far natalyas has not been fun, kinda regretting going with DH but gonna stick with it

You can upgrade a dagger into either greenstones or karlei's, and both of those are good. Cube them, this should give you a good boost to FoK or Impale if you don't have poo poo else. Otherwise you can just go multishot and use RoV as the tool to get decent damage out of it, just keep the buff up and don't worry so much about the rest.

It's definitely still not a great pushing set but it does let you make pretty much anything work until about T6-T10 depending on what else you have, so you can start farming something else like Shadow or UE. It didn't take me very long at all to get a full shadow set, especially with a RoRG.

----

On another note, I'm capping out at about GR75 right now as Shadow Impale, and it feels like my damage is falling behind and/or really reliant on the big crits to keep moving fast. Is getting an Ancient Karlei's a big upgrade to that? I can't really tell how much that original weapon DPS boost will translate, but I feel like it will help a lot.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 14, 2017

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!

bio347 posted:

Man, the Seeker of the Light set gameplay is dire. Particularly with suboptimal gear.

I can't keep Falling Sword off cooldown enough because its landing strike obliterates half of what it hits... but I can't bump up the difficulty because I get smooshed without perma-Akarat. And FS still costing wrath to use in a set where it's entirely possible to run out is unforgivable. The refund bracers are incredibly troublesome because you can drain a full wrath globe on a boss before the hammers start despawning (again, no perma-Akarat) which means you lose your defenses because you need hammer hits for cooldown and the actual wrath to spend. And to top it off, hammers have no visual impact and their hitbox is frustrating.

I played Seeker of the Light during Season 8. I had decent gear/all the right items except for the Endless Walk set because it wouldn't drop. It was the squishiest drat set I can remember playing. Gave up around GR62 and swapped to Invoker's to farm gear for a DH and used that to finish the season journey. Being so squishy and the constant wrath/cooldown management drove me nuts. Definitely not a playstyle I enjoy. I liked Blessed Hammer Crusader before Seeker of the Light though.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Bust Rodd posted:

BONESTORM

Inarius 6 PC + Every Movespeed buff + Gem of Toxin and Bane of Trapped and some other DPS gem = literally run through rift as everything explodes on contact with you

Yeah, there's no better farming build in this game that's just stupid easy to do. No skill, just run.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yeah, there's no better farming build in this game that's just stupid easy to do. No skill, just run.

Sweet, I'll check this out. Any d3planner link so I can be even lazier? :v:

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Mazz posted:

On another note, I'm capping out at about GR75 right now as Shadow Impale, and it feels like my damage is falling behind and/or really reliant on the big crits to keep moving fast. Is getting an Ancient Karlei's a big upgrade to that? I can't really tell how much that original weapon DPS boost will translate, but I feel like it will help a lot.

Are you skipping trash and hunting elites? Shadow has perhaps the worst group clear of any serious spec in the game but its ability to hunt and murder packs is practically unrivaled. You can airball daggers to proc the Shadows Chain belt which lets you have infinite vaulting to chew through the rift and cherrypick your fights. You also need to get right on top of every enemy, since the Holy Point Shot daggers fan out in a fork pattern. If you're in melee range, all three will connect with a single target and just annihilate them. I'm assuming you already have Karleis and the Holy point shot, but I'd have to see your profile to give more directed advice.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Thorg posted:

I played Seeker of the Light during Season 8. I had decent gear/all the right items except for the Endless Walk set because it wouldn't drop. It was the squishiest drat set I can remember playing. Gave up around GR62 and swapped to Invoker's to farm gear for a DH and used that to finish the season journey. Being so squishy and the constant wrath/cooldown management drove me nuts. Definitely not a playstyle I enjoy. I liked Blessed Hammer Crusader before Seeker of the Light though.

Thanks to you and bio for posting this. I thought I was the only one. This is my first season playing a crusader and I will not be doing it again if this is the set they give away. Holy poo poo.

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!

a helpful bear posted:

Thanks to you and bio for posting this. I thought I was the only one. This is my first season playing a crusader and I will not be doing it again if this is the set they give away. Holy poo poo.

I like Invoker's pretty well. Blessed Shield is one of my favorite builds ever (though I haven't tried the Akkhan's version yet, just LoN). Neither of them have wrath management which is nice. Some people like Roland's, but to me it's similar to Seeker's issues.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I like Roland's on paper, the constantly fluctuating attack speed bothers me for some reason.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
I played a ton of Roland's last season. At high GRs you have to set up packs to attack so you can keep your wrath up. It's a fun build, but without a good flense, plus maxed RCR in paragon, it can be tough. When pushing, it's best to die on the GR mid way through so you get a full wrath bar. For some reason BotS stacks don't fall off on death.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Tokubetsu posted:

not high up there yet but so far natalyas has not been fun, kinda regretting going with DH but gonna stick with it

Yeah I'm not too sold on Nats but I got a ancient 1h Xbow for it so feel obliged go stick it out for now.

I think I just need The Thrill for Conquerer now but haven't done Gr70 solo.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Metal Meltdown posted:

Are you skipping trash and hunting elites? Shadow has perhaps the worst group clear of any serious spec in the game but its ability to hunt and murder packs is practically unrivaled. You can airball daggers to proc the Shadows Chain belt which lets you have infinite vaulting to chew through the rift and cherrypick your fights. You also need to get right on top of every enemy, since the Holy Point Shot daggers fan out in a fork pattern. If you're in melee range, all three will connect with a single target and just annihilate them. I'm assuming you already have Karleis and the Holy point shot, but I'd have to see your profile to give more directed advice.

I get all that, 75 is about where I'm not killing elites in 2-3 hits anymore, waiting on the big crit, in the mean time all the poo poo built up around them as I jump around tends to catch up. It's a mix of needing an ancient dagger to get the extra damage, and just getting a little better at vault positioning and use.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Got that gr70, and my reward was a Primal (Gidbinn... :negative:) within 60 seconds.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Mind over Matter posted:

Okay, I'll bite. How's that? Are you saying loot tables were decent at the start and they're just now un-loving them?
No, people were talking about loot tables back then too. Your conversation just reminded me of back then.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

a helpful bear posted:

It's crazy to me that some sets can just stand in fire in GR90 and have toughness to spare while others have no toughness and have to desperately gamble for unity. Love to see a toughness pass like the damage pass we just got with some kind of consistency across class and range.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

mentalcontempt posted:

HotA build seems pretty good so far. I have the 6-piece IK plus the set weapon (best weapon I have right now), cubed Bracers of the First Men, and the Ancient’s Fury shoulders. The biggest issue I’ve run into so far is fury generation when I’m grouped and my ancient bros don’t have enough stuff to hit. I do have War Cry, so that helps a bit. Less fury means less slamming people with hammers, which means less Berserker uptime, which means less damage. But when it’s all flowing, stuff dies quickly and it’s fun.

Icy Veins recommends the paired swords (rogue and slanderer); is that what I should be shooting for with weapons? I have one but not the other.

I’m also getting close to a full Wrath of the Wastes set and would like to try a WW build as well.

The Gavel of Judgment in your cube refunds 25 fury if you HotA 3 or fewer enemies. Your IK 4 piece cuts your WotB cool down by 3 seconds for every 10 fury you spend. HotA costs 20 fury.

When you are moving around the rift just randomly spam your hammer a bit to keep fury up amd cooldowns down. If I'm not paying attention and my WotB has fallen off I'll just stand still and spam hammer until cooldown is back, charge into the next group, and carry-on as normal. But in general you should never have WotB on cooldown.

If you are on PC, I put War Cry and WotB on numlock autocast.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Larrymer posted:

I don't think it matters if it goes with a set or not. Certain items are more rare within a class of items (1H swords for example, little rogue and slanderer are just harder to get period vs the rest of the pool). Have a look at this page and put in your class and see how many DBs/shards it says you'd need and compare to the rest of that item class. You might have gotten lucky because other items weren't unlocked at level 25 and therefore the possible drop pool was smaller.

https://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala

Oho, I didn't know that all I needed was a fuckton of blood shards and a level 11 Necro to pretty much guarantee a Nailuj's Evol.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Put in lvl1 in that calculator. You can usually gamble quite a bit above your level, so you don't even need to level them up. Just make a new one and you'll have it quick since there's only 1 that can roll.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

a helpful bear posted:

I had the same thing last time I tried that build. Falling Sword for damage reduction is super annoying solo and horrible in groups. This season I am doing 6IK/4RK charge barb and that's way more fun.
Trying to get gear for a Shotgun crusader since that seems the most group viable and fun Crusader spec this season.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

Oho, I didn't know that all I needed was a fuckton of blood shards and a level 11 Necro to pretty much guarantee a Nailuj's Evol.

You only need to be level 1, but it's far from guaranteed because the chance to get a legendary is low, and the cost to roll rings is high. You can also roll a Leoric's Signet, so be patient as it may take 50 shards or 5,000.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

McCoy Pauley posted:

When I have the U6 set for my relatively new monk, but none of the other necessary gear, should I be using the best daibo I can craft, or two fist weapons? Does it really matter?

Quoting because I’m in the same boat. Without the legendary that makes cd on seven sided strike shorter the gameplay is tough. I kind of alleviated this with that cd reduction ring (zodiac maybe?) but I’m still just sitting there half the time waiting for my blow-up-screen button to be active again.

e: never mind, read your post wrong. Generally with stuff like EP I’m p sure you want the biggest 2 hand you can get, since the explosion damage is based off your weapon max dmg. Getting a gungdo gear is key though, makes the ep apply to everything it hits which is what causes the entire level to explode when SSS hits

Sgt. Cosgrove fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 14, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

McCoy Pauley posted:

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Quoting because I’m in the same boat. Without the legendary that makes cd on seven sided strike shorter the gameplay is tough. I kind of alleviated this with that cd reduction ring (zodiac maybe?) but I’m still just sitting there half the time waiting for my blow-up-screen button to be active again.

e: never mind, read your post wrong. Generally with stuff like EP I’m p sure you want the biggest 2 hand you can get, since the explosion damage is based off your weapon max dmg. Getting a gungdo gear is key though, makes the ep apply to everything it hits which is what causes the entire level to explode when SSS hits

U6 with no supporting items

Fist weapons: faster to apply EPs with third generator punch, slightly less damage (~66% of a 2h?)
Slow 2h mace: biggest damage for explosions, slow to apply EPs

For upgrading rares its kinda a tossup whether you want Fist of Az or Flow of Eternity first. They are both very important to the build.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

DrSeRRoD posted:

You only need to be level 1, but it's far from guaranteed because the chance to get a legendary is low, and the cost to roll rings is high. You can also roll a Leoric's Signet, so be patient as it may take 50 shards or 5,000.

Eh, it's 10% at Kadala. I'll roll those dice. If I boost my shard capacity and fill up, I can usually get 20 rolls of the dice or so.

Kadala is the true Prime Evil, I'm convinced. She should be a boss fight, not a merchant.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Ditched the Firebird build for Tal Rasha Meteor. I'm far happier with the DR mechanics on Tal than Firebird especially when it comes to ranged attacks weakness. Instantly shot up 12 GR's by just changing out set pieces with no rerolls or fiddling with jewelry/gems.

Cleared an 81 with real poo poo gear and the DR is insane. I can just stand in anything without a care in the world.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Primal count so far:

- Fart pants
- Gladiator Gauntlets
- Gift of Silaria

:negative:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Primal count so far:

- Fart pants
- Gladiator Gauntlets
- Gift of Silaria

:negative:

Gidbinn, baby :hellyeah:

Got it within 30 seconds of clearing gr70 when I decided to go nuke Zolten Kulle (who did nothing wrong, RIP)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Gidbinn, baby :hellyeah:

Got it within 30 seconds of clearing gr70 when I decided to go nuke Zolten Kulle (who did nothing wrong, RIP)

Yeah I got those primal fart pants within just a few minutes of clearing my first solo 70

vosk
Jul 28, 2005

THE PRODIGOON SON
My first primal was the scoundrel token. Ribald's Etchings or whatever, the one that grants all skills. Not even the 'cannot die' token.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Had three primals so far: uliana pants (good, wearing them), blackthorne's chestpiece (lol), and the shoulders that make your items indestructible (double lol)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

mewse posted:

Had three primals so far: uliana pants (good, wearing them), blackthorne's chestpiece (lol), and the shoulders that make your items indestructible (double lol)

By the time S11 ended I had 3 pieces of Blackthorne's in Primal. Maybe I'll get the rest of the set this season! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Dameius posted:

The Gavel of Judgment in your cube refunds 25 fury if you HotA 3 or fewer enemies. Your IK 4 piece cuts your WotB cool down by 3 seconds for every 10 fury you spend. HotA costs 20 fury.

When you are moving around the rift just randomly spam your hammer a bit to keep fury up amd cooldowns down. If I'm not paying attention and my WotB has fallen off I'll just stand still and spam hammer until cooldown is back, charge into the next group, and carry-on as normal. But in general you should never have WotB on cooldown.

If you are on PC, I put War Cry and WotB on numlock autocast.

Thanks. So far in terms of 2H mighty weapons, the game just keeps giving me Bastion’s Revered or IK hammers. Still trying to cube a gavel. Getting one should fix any rage issues I’m having, sounds like.

Feeling a little squishy at the moment, so I added an Esoteric Alteration to my fear as recommended by Icy Veins, and an amethyst in my helm. Hopefully that helps. Should I switch the rubies in my armor to diamonds?