Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

DaveKap posted:

I had a lot of people poo poo on me for saying Rocket League looked bad so I'm back to say

It still looks bad.

Gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
That screencap is from handheld mode, and it's blown up so it looks worse than it is. It does frequently dip below 720p in handheld with the resolution scaling stuff though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Nintendo Switch: more like Nintendo Bitch (about everything)

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
im kinda lolling at how ugly that screenshot is. i am playing doom right now (literally at this moment) and I cant help but feel this is a very misleading screen shot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I assume there is no way to link Rocket League to another console/PC account.

I have tons and tons of items and do not feel like starting over.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Sensual Simian posted:

im kinda lolling at how ugly that screenshot is. i am playing doom right now (literally at this moment) and I cant help but feel this is a very misleading screen shot.

Yeah I think so too. If I just sat there screencapping any random segment in Doom it would be easy to make it look like poo poo, but it looks great in motion.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

???

Where do you think Mario's absolute dominion over mortal souls comes from? The place he lives at is even called bone town.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Ciaphas posted:

I thought at first this was a picture of a garbage toaster PC then I saw the X prompt in the corner :psypop:
Also that car and topper are exclusive to the Switch.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

DaveKap posted:

Also that car and topper are exclusive to the Switch.

It has crossplay though, I'm pretty sure you at least see those skins on the other non-playstation versions.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

THE loving MOON posted:

It has crossplay though, I'm pretty sure you at least see those skins on the other non-playstation versions.

You don't. You just see some other skin instead.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Sam Faust posted:

You don't. You just see some other skin instead.

Ah okay. That's kind of lame, but I get it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I wish I could link my Steam account and gain access to all the DLC cars I bought on PC.

I really want the Takumi and the DeLorean, but fuuuuuccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk paying for them a second time.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Hollow Knight Switch bumped back to 2018. :(

I'm not surprised, but still disappointed. Frankly, though, my wallet could probably benefit from less things to buy for the holidays. Thank goodness Xenoblade 2 is going to replace any need for other games, and FE: Warriors gets new content too, which means me and Oboro gonna be slaughterin' fools.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

DaveKap posted:

I had a lot of people poo poo on me for saying Rocket League looked bad so I'm back to say

It still looks bad.

I'm playing rocket league handheld right now and it looks way better than this. Some weird artifactss or something weird going on in this picture. Don't worry y'all, it's super great.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Chekans 3 16 posted:

nooooo

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Drunk Tomato posted:

I'm playing rocket league handheld right now and it looks way better than this. Some weird artifactss or something weird going on in this picture. Don't worry y'all, it's super great.

Cosigning this. Looks fine, plays great. I have it on both PC and PS4, and this feels like the Rocket League I play constantly. I will have to get used to a non-DS4 controller, but it's awesome playing this in bed and not on a Vita with bad Remote Play.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
i am relieved to see that wow rocket league portable looks great and plays smooth as butter, people are loving dumb

I just played a round of rocket league in the shitter

hoooooly poo poo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

KingSlime posted:

i am relieved to see that wow rocket league portable looks great and plays smooth as butter, people are loving dumb

I just played a round of rocket league in the shitter

hoooooly poo poo

i have to admit shitter rocket league sounds tempting but it has been so long since i've rocketed or leagued that i would be worse than useless :(

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
wohoo i snuck a goal with 3 seconds to spare during shitter match!!!

it comes back quick, just like riding a bike

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Drunk Tomato posted:

Someone please post a not terrible screenshot. I want to believe.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

KingSlime posted:

wohoo i snuck a goal with 3 seconds to spare during shitter match!!!

it comes back quick, just like riding a bike

tbh I never really had any skill to begin with :(

probably still gonna get it tho

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

theres gonna be some jaggies in a still blown up screenshot but in action on the seven inch screen and at 60 fps, it looks and runs beautifally

none of the videos I looked up did it any justice, after 2 matches I'm really happy about the port job and will sink 100's of hours into this quality experience

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
also this is $20 while cave story is $30 and BoI is $40

so happy to see more and more companies saying gently caress no to the switch tax

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Stan Taylor posted:

Here's a screenshot from me playing tonight.

It's definitely fine. Not great, but fine. I haven't tried it in docked yet so I can't compare. It is a very steady 60FPS, which is perhaps most important. The main issue I have is that it gets pretty blurry if the action is all the way on the other side of the court, but again, it's certainly serviceable and I will put 100 hours into it, easy.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Seems to me you just shouldn't use the "up close" camera so the jaggies stay as far away from your view as possible.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is Rocket League getting a physical release?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Drunk Tomato posted:

Here's a screenshot from me playing tonight.

It's definitely fine. Not great, but fine. I haven't tried it in docked yet so I can't compare. It is a very steady 60FPS, which is perhaps most important. The main issue I have is that it gets pretty blurry if the action is all the way on the other side of the court, but again, it's certainly serviceable and I will put 100 hours into it, easy.

This looks decent to me. I think I will purchase. I played this game when it was free on Steam for a weekend last year and I loved it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Chekans 3 16 posted:

No date though huh. Well I can wait. Not like I need more games in my life.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

PowerBeard posted:

Early reviews for RIME show it stuttering like crazy in Docked Mode and pretty unplayable in handheld. Hopefully they will release a patch fairly quickly.
Maybe they shouldn't release it until it's fixed :staredog:

e: I've never played RL but will probably pick it up this week.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Nov 14, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Smart to release RL at $20, that's definitely in double-dip territory for a lot of people.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ball cam

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I haven't played Rocket League in close to a year and don't really feel like getting back into it at the moment, but I'm strongly tempted to double-dip on it (triple-dip if you count the PS4 version I got for free) to support Psyonix

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is Rocket League getting a physical release?

https://twitter.com/DunhamSmash/sta...ital-release%2F

Later, apparently.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

drat. I really like collecting Switch carts.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

drat. I really like collecting Switch carts.

It is for the better that they postpone physical releases. It should help to avoid "Doom one-day patch" situations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

tinkerballz posted:

It is for the better that they postpone physical releases. It should help to avoid "Doom one-day patch" situations.

One-day patches don't occur because of mismanagement. They occur because developers have a hard deadline to meet for a gold master to go in the carts/discs, and the day-one patch means the devs can keep working until release day to fix poo poo. If you want to see what happens without a day-one patch, have a look at almost any game made for a console prior to the PS3/X360.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Or in the case of Switch games, Day 1 patches occur because cartridges are real expensive and the publisher cheaped out on capacity.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One-day patches don't occur because of mismanagement. They occur because developers have a hard deadline to meet for a gold master to go in the carts/discs, and the day-one patch means the devs can keep working until release day to fix poo poo. If you want to see what happens without a day-one patch, have a look at almost any game made for a console prior to the PS3/X360.

I am not saying they occur because of mismanagement. I also thought it was due to deadlines.

Nevertheless, if they postpone the physical release, they should be able to include in the carts the patched version, right? If not, then I would think it was mismanagement.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

tinkerballz posted:

I am not saying they occur because of mismanagement. I also thought it was due to deadlines.

Nevertheless, if they postpone the physical release, they should be able to include in the carts the patched version, right? If not, then I would think it was mismanagement.

Noooope. They'll just keep on working right up until launch day because there is always something that can be improved and they have time to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

day one patches are for lesser companies than nintendo. just polish and QA to kingdom come

• Locked thread