Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

At least he wasen't using Sleep :v:

Sleep is actually good there if you want to get through it faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

ruta posted:

I used a macro for Protect until it screwed up and then I didn't have swiftcast.

Really, "use a macro" isn't a good defence. The spell is lovely and it should be removed from the game or be made less lovely. It's bad enough that I have to play magical chairs with esuna/surecast/rescue because they're so situational. I don't want to screw around with Protect because everyone wants the placebo buff because "but it's been there since ff11!"

Don't make it use swiftcast, a good and useful spell.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

kirbysuperstar posted:

The BLM I got for Cutters Cry who did literally nothing but Thunder 2 and Break sure was a thing.

A friend of mine on Balmung ran into two BLMs who queued together in EXDR. They said they were RPing as thunder mages and got really mad when he told them to use actual attacks. This was in HW too, so no AoE thunder.

I told him that's what he deserves for playing on Balmung.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Nov 14, 2017

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I really appreciate how good and important Largesse is

I really do

However, swiftcast, protect, esuna, and lucid dreaming are not negotiable, and rescue is just too drat funny. Maybe I'll worry about it if I ever savage raid, but the most difficult content I heal is O4 Normal so the fun skills win out 100% of the time.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Renegret posted:

A friend of mine on Balmung ran into two BLMs who queued together in EXDR. They said they were RPing as thunder mages and got really mad when he told them to use actual attacks. This was in HW too, so no AoE thunder.

I told him that's what he deserves for playing on Balmung.

I mean me and my friends fake RP in dungeons a bit, but it's mostly us saying dumb stuff during the run, not me yelling "I BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE CARDS" and doing nothing but drawing from the arcanum as my Astrologian. That's just dumb hamstringing.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Renegret posted:

I really appreciate how good and important Largesse is

However

Back in my day largesse was called divine seal and it was a white mage exclusive, it boosted healing by 30% and had a 30 second shorter cooldown. YoshiP steals my baby then throws it to you gosh darn ungrateful kids :argh:.

I'll forever miss throwing a divine seal'd regen on the tank, swapping to cleric stance, then holying my way to the top of the DPS meter.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Bremma posted:

not me yelling "I BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE CARDS" and doing nothing but drawing from the arcanum as my Astrologian.

Why the gently caress do you even play AST, then?

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

Mymla posted:

Why the gently caress do you even play AST, then?

I mean, I do this when I'm drawing cards pretty often, but I also make heavy use of Malefic and Benefic too.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
lol if you don't have a "Oh no take my rez sweetie" swiftcast macro just for triggering goons.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

they really gotta think about merging some of the melee gear items, there's too many items that can drop compared to amount of drops you get. there's no need at all to have DRG and NIN have drops for them alone.

i've done 4 rabanastres without seeing a single casting drop, never mind winning one and I'd take any at this point. My first two were Nin/Nin for all but one boss :negative:

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

they really gotta think about merging some of the melee gear items, there's too many items that can drop compared to amount of drops you get. there's no need at all to have DRG and NIN have drops for them alone.

i've done 4 rabanastres without seeing a single casting drop, never mind winning one and I'd take any at this point. My first two were Nin/Nin for all but one boss :negative:

Yeah I kind of wish it just dropped tokens that you could exchange for the piece you wanted instead of seeing nothing but dragoon items drop when there's no dragoon in the party.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Dragoon pieces have more armor, cause dragoons get buttons that lock them in place and kill them the gently caress dead.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Now you may ask what if they just made buttons not suck poo poo to press, or made re-position skills work instead of not updating until the very end, and the answer is gently caress you.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Now you may ask what if they just made buttons not suck poo poo to press, or made re-position skills work instead of not updating until the very end, and the answer is gently caress you.

Have you tried gitting gud?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Dragoon pieces have more armor, cause dragoons get buttons that lock them in place and kill them the gently caress dead.

Agreed, they should delete Dragoon.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Going from Dragoon to Bard is an interesting juxtaposition. I go from being exceptionally good at killing myself, to be exceptionally good at murdering everyone around me

Guess who found out Foe Requiem travels through walls today :v:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Is it just the piety nerf, or does Foe Requiem eat more MP than it used to (pre-SB) per tick?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

tbh positionals just going away wouldn't harm a thing and would make some godawful classes fun to play overnight.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kwyndig posted:

Is it just the piety nerf, or does Foe Requiem eat more MP than it used to (pre-SB) per tick?

It absolutely does.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
like I think our drg is great, but the number of times she's been shooting for the flank right before a stack phase and subsequently gets splattered because she was JUST out of range of the massed aoe healing is kinda poo. I don't blame her for chasing the higher dps because she's literally the only class in our raid with huge positional requirements that boost her dps up to "Still less than the guy who just stands wherever"

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
So is finding a small house spot basically out of the question at this point? I know everything's basically full, but is there a decent amount of house plot turnover at all on fairly populated servers with people quitting and stuff? Do the inactive plots free up individually, or is there a mass removal of inactive housing done by SE at certain points?

Basically, is there a chance to get a small house plot before waiting for SE to add more plots, and if so, what does one have to do find these decaying plots?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Books On Tape posted:

So is finding a small house spot basically out of the question at this point? I know everything's basically full, but is there a decent amount of house plot turnover at all on fairly populated servers with people quitting and stuff? Do the inactive plots free up individually, or is there a mass removal of inactive housing done by SE at certain points?

Basically, is there a chance to get a small house plot before waiting for SE to add more plots, and if so, what does one have to do find these decaying plots?

My understanding is: good luck. The house release system pretty much requires someone to have quit the game permanently for a house to come up. That being said, there are no house releases at the moment due to them holding the system for people affected by the major hurricanes this year

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

My understanding is: good luck. The house release system pretty much requires someone to have quit the game permanently for a house to come up. That being said, there are no house releases at the moment due to them holding the system for people affected by the major hurricanes this year

That's actually really nice of them. :aaa:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

gmq posted:

That's actually really nice of them. :aaa:

They've done similar housing amnesties in the past for earthquake victims. It's a pretty cool thing for them to do, after all taking away the digital escape house of somebody who just lost everything in the real world would be kind of cruel.

That said it does make it less likely to find an open plot until yoship introduces whatever mystery thing is coming in 4.2 that will let everyone have a house.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Thundarr posted:

They've done similar housing amnesties in the past for earthquake victims. It's a pretty cool thing for them to do, after all taking away the digital escape house of somebody who just lost everything in the real world would be kind of cruel.

That said it does make it less likely to find an open plot until yoship introduces whatever mystery thing is coming in 4.2 that will let everyone have a house.

Clearly there will be infinite room for houses in the Wonderful and Mysterious land of Eureka.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ultimate coil drops a token you can redeem for a house

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Ultimate coil drops a token you can redeem for a house

The house is actually Ultimate Coil.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Every piece of furniture has a % chance to have bahamut hiding in it

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

Every piece of furniture has a % chance to have bahamut hiding in it

As if there isn’t enough SMN furniture already

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Bolow posted:

Going from Dragoon to Bard is an interesting juxtaposition. I go from being exceptionally good at killing myself, to be exceptionally good at murdering everyone around me

Guess who found out Foe Requiem travels through walls today :v:

Personally, Stone Vigil is fuckin boring anyway and I had just finished doing it to get the emotes from the Command Missions. So being completely deleted by like 15 dragons woke my DRK rear end up.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There are emotes for command mission completion? Are they any good?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Pushups, Situps, and plenty of juice.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Kwyndig posted:

You get persistent pushups, situps, squats, and breath control emotes for doing 10 command missions.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They are the best.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Finally you can understand the ways of the shirtless dudes in camp dragonhead.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Okay that does sound good. Guess I'll add that to my list of things to do.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Take two archers into stone vigil, spam engage. Takes about an hour to get the emotes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Squadron missions are a good way to level up quickly.

Assuming you remember to maintain a steady supply of GC seals.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
How do you know how many missions you've done? I've done a few here and there, but I have no idea how many. Will I just auto get them when I hit 10, or do I need to do something?

Back to crazy thoughts about role actions. I would rather MP return came from skills in a job's set rather than in a role action. Like SCH was in HW. And how healers are in PvP. Then I'd make Lucid Dreaming purely a threat reduction tool. I'd like this a lot because I main AST, and I want Draw to give me MP. As a bonus, maybe bad ASTs would draw more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

ruta posted:

How do you know how many missions you've done? I've done a few here and there, but I have no idea how many. Will I just auto get them when I hit 10, or do I need to do something?

If I'm not mistaken, it's an achievement reward. You get the emotes automatically and a message pops up telling you about them, but I think there should be a counter somewhere in your achievements window.