Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Criminals are a superstitious and racist lot. I'll have to be twice as good to be regarded as half as intimidating. I must become four bats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I say go big and deploy elderly Batman. Like Ian McKellen elderly.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Cythereal posted:

And Joe Chill was a cop. Who, having gunned down a black couple in front of their child for no reason, naturally got off completely scot free.

This is only a stone's throw from Deadshot's intro in Suicide Squad.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Vegetable posted:

Wrong Ian. Go full McShane.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Vegetable posted:

But will he have a beer and cheet on his wife?!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I support Gosling as Batman. ESPECIALLY if he's told to play it like a Rom Com. Though they saw Blade Runner and probably want his brooding.

Gosling usually seems very detached to me in his acting and lacks a sort of rough passion Batman has but I want to see it. Getting a guy against type can work great, like Keaton or Heath Ledger and Gosling is a smart enough person to pull something interesting off. It'll depend more imo in the directors abilities to get something interesting out but Matt Reeves would do well I think.

Alternatively Helen Mirren as elder hardsass Batman would be great.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Phylodox posted:

Wrong Ian. Go full McShane.

Michael Keaton

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Gosling sounds like a rumour put out to either build hype or make Affleck jealous

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I don't think most people are looking for a Superman who makes them feel vulnerable and uncomfortable, although it's an interesting take.

Man of Steel would probably have been a lot more popular if it was a side story separate from another Superman film franchise with a more orthodox take on the character, like Logan.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Make Idris Elba Superman

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Rand Brittain posted:

I don't think most people are looking for a Superman who makes them feel vulnerable and uncomfortable, although it's an interesting take.

Man of Steel would probably have been a lot more popular if it was a side story separate from another Superman film franchise with a more orthodox take on the character, like Logan.

Instead of being a lot more popular, it was just good instead.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

canon is a poison idea

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

These people can pound sand.

This is My Batman.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
It's really tough for me to get behind BvS Affleck who's just really buttmad about Superman being a thing. I think that scene where he explains to Alfred about the Kryptonite or the "1% chance" thing would work a lot better if he were very calm, he's just done the math and decided what must be done and he's gonna do it. The weird revenge thing or whatever kinda doesn't hold much water.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

AlternateAccount posted:

It's really tough for me to get behind BvS Affleck who's just really buttmad about Superman being a thing. I think that scene where he explains to Alfred about the Kryptonite or the "1% chance" thing would work a lot better if he were very calm, he's just done the math and decided what must be done and he's gonna do it. The weird revenge thing or whatever kinda doesn't hold much water.

It's not a logic thing, he's mad and depressed.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Sir Kodiak posted:

It's not a logic thing, he's mad and depressed.

That's what I struggle with. He's very EMOTIONAL about it, when his big emotional origin has been suppressed emotionally and subsumed into this focused thing that drives everything. Somehow Superman breaks that?
I think it would be more impressive if we lead off with the idea that even fighting Superman is loving nuts, but in that conversation he really expresses his conviction to do it in such a way that you're like oh, well poo poo, maybe this is serious.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

AlternateAccount posted:

That's what I struggle with. He's very EMOTIONAL about it, when his big emotional origin has been suppressed emotionally and subsumed into this focused thing that drives everything. Somehow Superman breaks that?
I think it would be more impressive if we lead off with the idea that even fighting Superman is loving nuts, but in that conversation he really expresses his conviction to do it in such a way that you're like oh, well poo poo, maybe this is serious.

He breaks down by recalling his biggest emotional trauma. I mean, one time I cried over a dumb rear end commercial on tv, people breakdown sometimes.

The MSJ posted:

edit:
For all the complaints about Uncle Ben and the Waynes dying repeatedly in various media, I'm sure they are all better than the death of Black Bolt's parents in the Inhumans series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGTfbMioezc&t=22s
This is amazing in its ineptitude.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The MSJ posted:

edit:
For all the complaints about Uncle Ben and the Waynes dying repeatedly in various media, I'm sure they are all better than the death of Black Bolt's parents in the Inhumans series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGTfbMioezc&t=22s

LMFAO. What the hell.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

LMFAO. What the hell.

Holy poo poo that's hilarious.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Tim and Eric Bedtime Stories would pull that off better.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That

That can't be it

That can't be

That's not real

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Holy poo poo that's hilarious.

It really is top notch comedy holy poo poo

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Burkion posted:

That

That can't be it

That can't be

That's not real

WHY?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Thinking about replacing that WHY with Wario's WAH, suspect I might be on to something.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Replace it with "Martha!"

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
nah, has to be the New Super Mario Bros vuvuzela sounds

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Black Bolt just found out Scott Buck would be the showrunner. (Inhumans is real bad y'all) (obviously)

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

LMFAO. What the hell.

I wish I could make that the forum background

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Hooo boy was that bad. Aside from trailers and marketing poo poo, that's the only footage I've seen from it. I don't see myself even hate watching that when it ends up on Netflix.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
It's a double whammy of being both incompetently made and boring as gently caress. Comparisons to the worst parts of Heroes were brought up several times in the AoS thread.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Black Bolt always looks like someone is squeezing his nuts

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It is pretty nice how every now and then something truly, utterly terrible comes along so we can all agree on something.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
That is stupendous.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is that really how his parents die in the comics? I know they did something similar during the Secret Wars Inhumans mini.

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick

viral spiral posted:

It was cringeworthy as all hell, actually. I distinctly remember my theater laughing at how absurd and too on the nose it was.

Albert Einstein was one of the people laughing.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Y'all should watch the pilot and then remember that this was released in IMAX.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

IMAX’s CEO admitted that making Inhumans in IMAX was a mistake.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The MSJ posted:

IMAX’s CEO admitted that making Inhumans in IMAX was a mistake.

I wanna see a quote of this.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Reportedly, at the conclusion of the Inhumans IMAX premiere he uttered a single, despairing "Why?", vaporizing half the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I wanna see a quote of this.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/imax-marvel-inhumans-experiment-1202196112/

• Locked thread