Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Three Olives posted:

Why would tenants not be allowed to access the breaker? Like has he never lived in a home with electricity before?
We can infer the landlord didn't want tenants loving with it because the landlord put a lock on it and didn't give them the key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

therobit posted:

10 years on your weeding day will not seam special or all that important, especially details lie this. You will realize as you watch others have weddings that the little details you obsessed over were insignificant and you will laugh at how important they were to you because literally none of the guests care if things were not perfect. poo poo happens, and the bride AND the mom should both loving get over it, because everyone else has already moved on.

Hmm, or perhaps that person had the right to have their request honored on their one special day and intentionally undermining it was kinda lovely?

Having expectations and asking them to be met, and being unhappy when people choose to disregard them, is a valid thing.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Anne Whateley posted:

We can infer the landlord didn't want tenants loving with it because the landlord put a lock on it and didn't give them the key.

I think he assumed that the breaker would have a lock on it because he clearly doesn't know what a breaker is or does, I would be shocked if locking a breaker box for any purpose but a safety lock out would be against code.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Yeah dude the whole "but the children" angle sucks poo poo, imagine having one day where you want to be able to remember it for the rest of your life the way you wanted it to go, but no, the most important thing in the world is that you don't confuse some other person's kids whose mom can't go along with the request for the group.

If that mom didn't want her kids going through that experience, consider not dragging them away from the professional nannies, yaknow, like requested? The people that use their kids as leverage to do things that they were asked not to are kinda lovely, it's fascinating to give them a free pass like nobody could have prevented it.

The point at which mom went over and got the kids and took them on the dance floor is where things went wrong and soured the evening for multiple people, why on earth gloss over that?

because one the SIL had already done that rear end in a top hat move, there were only two choices: be an additional rear end in a top hat in the situation, or let the kids just loving be. yes, it is an unfair choice, unfairly foisted upon the bride by the lovely mom. it's still the choice she had, though. that's life.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

because one the SIL had already done that rear end in a top hat move, there were only two choices: be an additional rear end in a top hat in the situation, or let the kids just loving be. yes, it is an unfair choice, unfairly foisted upon the bride by the lovely mom. it's still the choice she had, though. that's life.

Oh please, kids want lots of things, you are not an rear end in a top hat for telling a kid no, they will hear it for the rest of their lives and need to get used to it. Sorry, you don't get a glass of wine, sorry, you don't get to play with knives, sorry you don't get to swim, sorry you don't get to play with the adults at this very expensive and fancy party.

Sucks, that's life kid.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Being an rear end in a top hat would have been allowing the kids to remain, demonstrating that those children are exceptional compared to all the others.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Ah yes once people pull the super advanced move of "Ignoring what you asked because they know you'll probably react like this" your only choice is to go along with it for the kids???

If we're talking about a random party sure, if we're talking about someone's wedding with a really explicit request that they went through a bunch of effort to facilitate, then no

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
Me [31F] with my husband [35M] of 4 years, I'm tired of babysitting him when he gets drunk

quote:

My husband of 4 years drinks excessively at social gatherings and the holiday season always highlights the extent of this problem.
My sister hosted a party last weekend and his behavior was so embarrassing. This was a mellow event and he kept trying to change the music and make it really loud. He went through their closet searching for the karaoke equipment despite being asked not to and managed to make a huge mess. As the night progressed and he had more to drink he tried to challenge my BIL to a drinking contest. He kicked up a (small) shrub/bush in their backyard. He tried to pick up the dog (an adult Corgi) for some reason (it got away). He wanted to go swimming and tried to climb the gate around their pool, which resulted in him falling quite hard. My nephew [13M] tried to help him and my husband called him a "bitch." That was the final straw for me and I decided it was best if we went home. He then refused to get in the car and kept running away, so I asked BIL to help. He (BIL) and another guy had to force my husband inside the car and stand outside the door while I disabled the locks from the drivers side. He proceeded to bang on the window and only stopped after I told him I was driving to police station if he didn't cut it out.
As usual, my entire night was spent chasing after him, cleaning his messes, apologizing on his behalf, and trying to keep him safe. It happens almost every time we go anywhere together and alcohol is served. I don't get to enjoy the holidays like a normal person because I'm too busy babysitting.
He always laughs about it the following day too. He'll apologize sometimes if it's really bad (he once peed in my parents' pool at a child's birthday party) but most of the time he says I need to lighten up and he'll try to minimize his behavior by making a joke. I'm sorry but there is nothing funny about a 35 y/o man getting shitfaced drunk and making an rear end of himself (and by extension his wife).
I've told him he drinks too much and he dismisses me for overreacting. He doesn't drink daily and can go several days without alcohol, so I'm not sure if he's an alcoholic but the way he drinks can't be healthy.
He's an outgoing, social, type of person and I think alcohol adds to that. He likes being the 'life of the party', even though I've told him repeatedly his behavior is a huge turn off. In all honesty I barely want to have sex with him at this point, he's like a kid and I guess that's done something to my brain. It's like I don't see him as a man anymore but a child who needs taken care of. It's harsh but that's how I feel.
I know this sounds selfish but I want to have fun too. I love this time of year and I would like to relax with our friends and family instead of having to deal with my drunk manchild of a husband.
He wants to have a baby soon and actually told MIL it's my fault we haven't had kids yet! So I'm sure she'll have plenty to say about that at Christmas. In reality I'm hesitant because of his drinking. Imagine if we had a toddler and he acted the way he did at my sister's house? I can't be a good mother while babysitting a drunk adult.
I'm not sure how I can get through to him and would appreciate advice if anyone has anything to suggest. He has his good qualities but I'm losing sight of those because the drinking diminishes them and emphasizes his less-than-ideal traits. I'm also considering going to Thanksgiving with my family alone this year because I just want to enjoy a holiday without him stressing me out.
tl;dr: My husband drinks way too much at social gatherings. I end up babysitting him and as a result I'm worn out, embarrassed, and resentful because I don't get to enjoy the holidays. How do I get through to him?

Having grown up in a bar and worked at bars my entire life, christ I hate people like this man and just can't fathom why people put up with this poo poo.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

almightyerin posted:

Me [31F] with my husband [35M] of 4 years, I'm tired of babysitting him when he gets drunk

Having grown up in a bar and worked at bars my entire life, christ I hate people like this man and just can't fathom why people put up with this poo poo.

I mean I would want to pick up the corgi too.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

almightyerin posted:

tl;dr: My husband drinks way too much at social gatherings. I end up babysitting him and as a result I'm worn out, embarrassed, and resentful because I don't get to enjoy the holidays. How do I get through to him?
Divorce papers are a great way to get through to someone because you don't have to deal with that poo poo anymore.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I like kids. We want to have one. We enjoy spending time with our nephew, and the nieces we'll meet at Christmas.

Kids are never the problem. Parents are the problem.

Mom at the wedding needed her extended family to see her kids dancing cutely and soak that up so she could feel good about herself.

Toes crushed by a stroller at Disney*? Think a kid was driving it?

Kids brought into the adult-only area? They didn't just wander in themselves.

Unruly kid in a restaurant? If I acted up in a restaurant I'd have been taken outside until I cooled off.

Parents, I know parenting is hard, but we've got a society going on here and part of the social compact is behaving appropriately in public. Maybe ease them up to places with glasses made of glass and non-plastic tablecloths.

I can deal with all of that, BTW. It's fine. Kids are going to act out now and then. But...

If your plan to keep your kid quiet at dinner is to let them watch Paw Patrol on your phone, please also bring some loving headphones! Not doing so shows your utter disregard for everyone else but you. You knew you were coming.

A kid might make some noise. YouTube will definitely make noise and continue to do so throughout the meal, and kids media is designed to be simple to understand and attention getting enough to hold a toddler. It is very difficult to ignore and have an adult conversation over. This continues to not be a problem with children.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

almightyerin posted:

I noticed nowhere in that post did she say the problem got worse over time. I have to wonder if he was like that before they got married as well.

There really ought to be some kind of public awareness campaign that tells everyone that marrying someone or having kids with someone will not improve them; if they were a drunken lout or a slovenly game-addict or an abusive rear end in a top hat before, they will be after.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

poo poo happens, and the bride AND the mom should both loving get over it, because everyone else has already moved on.

Well, we haven't

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

almightyerin posted:

so I'm not sure if he's an alcoholic

:thunk:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

almightyerin posted:

Divorce his rear end. Go make babies with someone that isn't an alcoholic wreck.

I feel a little baffled at 'he can't stop himself until he gets hosed up drunk, but he doesn't drink every day so I dunno if he's an alcoholic?'. If you can't limit/control your intake, that's one of the main issues, not if he does it every day or not.

One of my best friends dated a shithead like that for more than three years (she, unfortunately figured he would 'mellow out'). One 4th of July he got so blind shitfaced drunk (at his boss's party) that he knocked over an entire table of food/drinks, kicked in his boss's screen door/dented his front door, and tried jumping in his koi pond. Once we lured him back home, he proceeded to kick a hole in the drywall behind the couch, kicked my boyfriend in the chest (he was trying to hold him down so he'd stop loving things up in the apartment), and I had to resort to punching him in the face because he had a death grip on my arm and was trying to bite me. He ended up pissing himself too.

When my friend finally dumped him he went out for Halloween, and ended up in the hospital, needed plates put in his face and had his jaw wired shut, because some guy jumped him 'for no reason'. Everyone knew the reason was he got lovely drunk and tried pulling the wrong poo poo on the wrong person.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Isn't there some stat that's like 10% of people in the US do like 90% of the drinking? So basically the odds are good that if someone drinks at all they drink a lot. Reading that was part of what motivated me to cut back and maybe someday all but quit. I already cut out hard liquor because I could not adequately control how much of it I drank.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 14, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I noticed nowhere in that post did she say the problem got worse over time. I have to wonder if he was like that before they got married as well.

yeah, sounds like she might be the one at fault. she agreed to marry him in sickness and in health. alcoholism is a disease. should have read the contract more carefully sweetie!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

chumbler posted:

Isn't there some stat that's like 10% of people in the US do like 90% of the drinking? So basically the odds are good that if someone drinks at all they drink a lot. Reading that was part of what motivates me to start cutting back and maybe someday all but quit. I already cut out hard liquor because I could not adequately control how much of it I drank.

I cut back from 18 drinks a day to 1 by changing jobs off the night shift. Just changing your environment helps a lot.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

chumbler posted:

Isn't there some stat that's like 10% of people in the US do like 90% of the drinking? So basically the odds are good that if someone drinks at all they drink a lot. Reading that was part of what motivates me to start cutting back and maybe someday all but quit.
It also sheds a lot of light on how people like that can go "but everyone else drinks that much!", since they tend to surround themselves with other unusually heavy drinkers.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

chumbler posted:

Isn't there some stat that's like 10% of people in the US do like 90% of the drinking? So basically the odds are good that if someone drinks at all they drink a lot. Reading that was part of what motivates me to start cutting back and maybe someday all but quit.

That stat comes up pretty often. If you have HBO Now or HBO Go, the documentary 'Risky Drinking' is both unsettling and eye-opening. They give a lot of stats during it, and they follow a few people. The first one is some sorority chick that does the weekend binge drinking and cries in club bathrooms. You have the divorced mom that doesn't have a problem, because it's only wine with the girls! (she missed her child's 8th grade graduation because of drinking) the last one is a guy that is so goddamn debilitated by drinking, he has to kill a sixer in his car on his lunch break or his shakes get uncontrollable.

It's fuckin' morbid.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

chumbler posted:

Isn't there some stat that's like 10% of people in the US do like 90% of the drinking? So basically the odds are good that if someone drinks at all they drink a lot. Reading that was part of what motivated me to cut back and maybe someday all but quit. I already cut out hard liquor because I could not adequately control how much of it I drank.
There was a whole south park episode on the subject and it was oddly more preachy than all the rest, so probably. too lazy to google

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Meme Emulator posted:

I cut back from 18 drinks a day to 1 by changing jobs off the night shift. Just changing your environment helps a lot.

leaving grad school made me no longer desire drinking. weird

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Am I [26 F] overreacting to my BF's [28 M] football obsession?

quote:

I started dating my BF back in March, and, for the most part, things have been great. However, about a week after we became official he warned me that in the fall he generally just spends his weekends watching football...and that's it. I thought it was funny at the time.

Well we're deep into football season now and I can say I loving hate it! I was honest with him last night about it, and I could tell he felt bad, but based off what he was saying I could tell he would never miss any of his favorite team's games (Penn State & the Eagles) for ANY reason. And it's not just that, he's just as interested in other random matchups. This is despite not being remotely interested in fantasy football or betting the games.

I've been to a few weddings since football season, and I had to go alone. It's beyond frustrating. To make things worse...this behavior has basically been passed down to him by his father, who does the same thing. His brother is also just as obsessed.

Before I get a bunch of responses on why I should dump him for not spending time with me, I should give some context. He is very good to me. He always wakes up before me and prepares breakfast for me, makes me dinner almost every night as well, has been a tremendous help with residency related stuff, did a lot of traveling with me over the summer and even a bit last month, and he will always call me before bed on nights where I'm not in town (I'm doing residency interviews now).When I am in town we always spend the night together, and on week nights he spends almost all his free time with me, minus the gym. He also will "take a break" on Saturdays from college football so he can take me out for dinner and drinks. He also agreed to do activities with me on Sunday mornings before football starts, so he did budge a little.
Still, even though he does make an effort to spend some time with me on football weekends, I feel like I'm missing out. We could be doing fun things like we did up until football season. I also think he agreed to doing Sunday morning stuff only because I guilt tripped him. Another part of me, very small, also kinda feels bad because this is basically how he spends time with his dad.

He seems willing to making some compromises, so should I keep harping on this?

tl;dr: BF spends fall weekends primarily watching football, and he warned me about this once we started dating. We did fun activities prior to football season, but much less so now. He made some concessions in order to spend more time with me on football weekends, but I still feel like I am missing out on doing fun things.

Have you tried role-playing as John Madden to spice things up? :thurman:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I [25F] have a stalker. All of my friends seem to think it’s no big deal and are friendly with him [20?M]. It's making me think I’m crazy.

quote:

You may remember I posted a few months ago about my best friend dating my stalker, but here’s more background:

About a year ago, a guy started following me on Twitter. I’m not a “Twitter celebrity,” but I have 25,000 followers. I’m also a local journalist so it’s not uncommon for people to DM me about stories/corrections/etc. so I keep an open inbox. This guy would reply to almost every single thing I tweeted, sometimes innocuous stuff, sometimes not. I first genuinely noticed him when he responded to something I wrote about drug addiction by attacking me as an anti-Semite for saying I think pot use is a big risk factor for other drug use. I blocked him.

The problem started when I blocked him. He spammed my page with a bunch of things about wanting to die without me and his mother even messaged me this: "I need you to forgive my son.

He thinks the world of you and everything you twit. He believes you've muted him & it's killing him. I can't see my son like this anymore. He's a dead flower and has been so for a few weeks over this.

I see why he likes you because you express very similar opinions.

I can't lose my son over this. I don't know what he said but I beg of you as a desperate mother to see a way to forgive him.

His user name is [redacted]

Please excuse my length and consider my request.

He's not eating and not speaking and I fear for him."

I have a best friend, and at the time, she was living in Israel. He also lives in Israel (I live in the USA). He started messaging my best friend and, when she was stranded somewhere in Morocco, he came to pick her up. They started dating. She messaged me, so happy she was finally dating a great guy. And when she told me who it was, I freaked out and showed her the message I shared here and others, and she said oh, he just seems so nice. She refused to believe he was crazy.

He ended up making a second Twitter account to follow me. I didn’t realize it was him at first, so I engaged in some friendly banter, like, “Thank you for reading!” and such. But when I didn’t respond for about 20 minutes, he’d freak out that I was ignoring him. I realized who he was and I blocked him.

He then started to spam my public Facebook with replies like these: "I'm not a stalker, i just use to like your tweets & if you think i need meds then i think you need an end. Medicating infatuation is psychotic, you narcissistic, hypochondriac douche bag. You're the one who needs to be medicated, you're the Jew dating a self proclaimed, Jew hating, national socialist."

He is still currently tweeting messages about how he was so madly in love with me and even tweeted something the other day about wanting to “terrorize” me into being with him.

He’s still friends with my best friend and he’s somehow managed to become friendly with a bunch of people in mutual circles. I had a friend who I confided in about him, and I see this friend is now liking all his tweets about being in love with me—even the multiple ones about wanting to terrorize me.

I don’t know what to do here. I don’t think I have many legal options since he lives in Israel and I’m here in America. But I feel absolutely devastated that all of my friends are still talking to this guy who clearly is obsessed with me to the point I fear for my safety.

TL;DR I have a stalker in Israel. I live in the United States. My friends are all friendly with him even though he threatens my safety. What do I do?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Doggles posted:

Deflate his balls

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

I [25F] have a stalker. All of my friends seem to think it’s no big deal and are friendly with him [20?M]. It's making me think I’m crazy.

Holy poo poo that’s a rough one.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

therobit posted:

10 years on your weeding day will not seam special or all that important, especially details lie this. You will realize as you watch others have weddings that the little details you obsessed over were insignificant and you will laugh at how important they were to you because literally none of the guests care if things were not perfect. poo poo happens, and the bride AND the mom should both loving get over it, because everyone else has already moved on.

it's sometimes good to suppress your natural urge to look like a tough guy, nobody can see your dick

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Doggles posted:

Weddings are bad, football is less bad than weddings, and either suck it up until February or leave. As usual the type who posts this poo poo to reddit doesn't really need anyone's help they simply need to learn to make a decision.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

maskenfreiheit posted:

yeah, sounds like she might be the one at fault. she agreed to marry him in sickness and in health. alcoholism is a disease. should have read the contract more carefully sweetie!

i'm not saying she doesn't deserve sympathy, it's just tragic that people get locked into "well all i need to do is get engaged/married/pregnant and my spouse will get their poo poo together"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

maskenfreiheit posted:

Every time he contacts post it publicly. I'm guessing it'd probably stop things.

Or he'd buy a ticket to the states and follow through on his threats.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My (20F) teacher (70sM) made inappropriate comments; unsure how to proceed.Non-Romantic (self.relationships)

quote:

I'm in a class at my college where, a while ago, someone brought some food to share. I declined any. My teacher looked at me and said, "Is that how you stay so trim?" then winked at me. Definitely weird. Then the next class he winked at me again. I do my best to avoid eye contact with him now.

I just found out that he teaches a class that I need to take to finish the program that I am in. Should I report him to the dean or something? I was planning on it once the semester ended and he was no longer my teacher, but finding out that I'll have him again makes me think twice.

Edit: just to clarify, I'm not upset about this because he's a man, though that seems to be what everyone thinks. If it was a female teacher it would be just as weird. I've had people comment something similar before, but never a teacher, so that's what threw me off. I didn't know if it was a normal thing for teachers to say to students.

tl;dr: teacher was creepy, unsure how to proceed.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

maskenfreiheit posted:

quote:

I first genuinely noticed him when he responded to something I wrote about drug addiction by attacking me as an anti-Semite for saying I think pot use is a big risk factor for other drug use.

Wait, did the Jews have drugs all this time and no one told me?

uptown
May 16, 2009
I [20s/F] witnessed my father [60s/M] browsing incest-themed pornography.Non-Romantic

I know we're not supposed to touch the poop but I couldn't resist. I messaged OP and she told me that reddit mods deleted her post, and she provided me with the full text

quote:

I live pretty far away from my parents, and only see them a few times a year, but I'm usually willing to hop on remote viewing software (that they know I control, with permission) to help with tech issues or business stuff on their PCs.
I was helping my father with a holiday-themed mass mail today. We were speaking on the phone, and I was setting up stuff on his pc via the remote viewer software. Once I had finished what I needed to do and we had said our byes and hung up, it reminded me that I wanted to call my mom. I dialed her and then put the phone up to my ear, and looked back up, and realized- I hadn't disconnected teamviewer. And there was pornhub. I thought it might be a popup at first, but then I saw my dad was actively scrolling down the page and stopping to look at different things. I closed it as fast as I could but I saw something before I did that really took me aback; the search query was 'mother daughter'. I know lots of times people can find the idea arousing without wanting to be with their own family members, but a parent fetishizing parent-child relationships really squicked me out.
I only see my family a few times a year but I speak to them and help with business issues far more often. I am not sure how to forget this, or deal with it, or even how to process it right now. I don't think I could look my dad in the eye right now, and am not sure if that will change any time soon. How can I keep a lid on my feelings about this the next time I'm required to speak to him?
tl;dr: I saw my father browsing porn with the search being 'mother daughter'. How do I forget about this enough that I can see my family next time?

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
I [32F] am being forced by my husband [33 M] of 3 years to file bug reports??

quote:

My husband is an engineer, and we've been together for 3 years, and bought a house together last year. He's always been a tinkerer and I've been fine with it but lately it has gotten out of hand. It started with a smart lock. I don't know why I regular lock wasn't fine, we live in a safe neighbourhood, on the 7th floor in an apartment. I don't think I've ever worried about a break in, but now I need to pull my phone out to unlock a door instead of my keys, and the app is buggy and crashing constantly. He keeps telling me how much better it is because we can remotely unlock our doors, but why would I ever need to do that? When the battery runs out I have to end up using a key anyway, so I don't get the point of this thing, but fine. I lived with it.
Next came the smart TV. It never worked. It was connected to some type of raspberry thing, constantly breaking down. Every time I would ask him for help he got frustrated with me, as if I had done something wrong? I've since given up and just watch Netflix on my iPad (which he hates for some reason).
Next he installed smart lightbulbs in the house so we can set them using our phones. Except I have an iphone and he bought some brand that only works with Android and he has to spend hours manually configuring them all the time. I don't know why he didn't go with a brand that works with iphones but he said that he doesn't trust them. I told him as long as I can turn the lights off with the wall switch I'm happy, but now those don't even work anymore. I am literally sitting at home in the dark, calling him so he can turn the lights on for me. He keeps telling me I should get an android so I can use the app but I don't want to lose my iphone.
Last week he told me that I can't call him anymore when I'm having problems with the tech throughout the house, and I have to file a bug report on some git website. I told him I refuse to have to fill some online form just to get the lights working but he refuses to listen to me. I don't know what to do, I'm at my wits end.
I've tried reasoning with him, but he's convinced this is the better way. I don't know how much longer I can stay.

Oh my good god :murder:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

uptown posted:

I [20s/F] witnessed my father [60s/M] browsing incest-themed pornography.Non-Romantic

I know we're not supposed to touch the poop but I couldn't resist. I messaged OP and she told me that reddit mods deleted her post, and she provided me with the full text

She should just forget about it. If it was father-daughter on the other hand...

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

almightyerin posted:

"Honey just download my smart house app groverhaus, I built it myself."

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I'm more of an ideas husband, looking for a programmer wife to implement all my ideas that i can take credit for when they work.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

almightyerin posted:

Oh my good god :murder:

Don't date engineers

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

dudeness posted:

I'm more of an ideas husband, looking for a programmer wife to implement all my ideas that i can take credit for when they work.

Ziv Zulander posted:

Don't date engineers

It's been my experience that women who engineer are worth their weight in platinum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Lmao "open a jira / remedy ticket and I'll get to it based on priority" is ballsy as poo poo