Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pubic works project posted:

Okay cool. I'm dropping him for Woodhead then!

Has anyone read anything about Montgomery? Debating between dropping Aaron Jones for him or Jamaal Williams.

I've read that he had broken ribs and then reinjured them. Not a good luck for an undersized back. Jamaal Williams has fresh legs and could be the late-season darling that breaks out every year.

Just the FAAB's, Ma'am: I redid the FAAB advice article. Now every player I consider "considerable" is listed in a handy chart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I need a solid RB2 these last weeks.

Is Devonta Foreman worth going after low? Anyone think he will bounce back once he returns from his brain malfunction?

Or is M. Evans too much to give up for Hyde?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

I need a solid RB2 these last weeks.

Is Devonta Foreman worth going after low? Anyone think he will bounce back once he returns from his brain malfunction?

Or is M. Evans too much to give up for Hyde?

Foreman=headache
Hyde=heartbreak

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Depending on how waivers go, i'm probably looking at starting either Rod Smith or Danny Woodhead this week. Have claims in for L. Murray, Jamaal Williams, Perine (ugh), and Burkhead but i'm currently 11th.

rip

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

Foreman=headache
Hyde=heartbreak

Both of those sound better than me rolling out Darkwa, Murray, Woodhead, or Burkhead in a 0ppr league the rest of the season though. :(

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

VietCampo posted:

Depending on how waivers go, i'm probably looking at starting either Rod Smith or Danny Woodhead this week. Have claims in for L. Murray, Jamaal Williams, Perine (ugh), and Burkhead but i'm currently 11th.

rip

Might just be Smith cuz Woodhead may not play this week.

Rob Kelley got put on IR.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

I've read that he had broken ribs and then reinjured them. Not a good luck for an undersized back. Jamaal Williams has fresh legs and could be the late-season darling that breaks out every year.

Just the FAAB's, Ma'am: I redid the FAAB advice article. Now every player I consider "considerable" is listed in a handy chart.

Hey man just checking but is spelling his name with a C a joke, or are you not aware his name is spelled Latavius Murray and not Lactavius Murray?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Also you call him a QB

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

Played the #1 team in BML last week and he put up literally the lowest point total anyone has scored all year (57)
Angel wings for my BML team this year.

Yeah I'm looking at stuff like estimated scoring for their teams ROS, and it doesn't look like there's a major difference. Probably KC just because Tennessee might still have a few of those games where they just don't click on offense. Or if Mariota gets hobbled it really nerfs their ability to move.

Goon Week 11 Waiver Wire Advice: QB RB WR TE

Hey,

Thing I hate: when I'm on a website, I click a link that is internal to that website, and it opens in a new tab. Please have your links within your articles not do this poo poo (e.g. when I'm looking at your QB WW article and click 'RB' it opens in a new tab)

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Zauper posted:

Hey,

Thing I hate: when I'm on a website, I click a link that is internal to that website, and it opens in a new tab. Please have your links within your articles not do this poo poo (e.g. when I'm looking at your QB WW article and click 'RB' it opens in a new tab)

Do not listen to this man. Clicking on links should open tabs. This is proper and right.

e: Also, I like the new layout a lot. Also also, chuckled at Lactavius Murray. Assumed it was intentional.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea new tabs 4 life.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Do not listen to this man. Clicking on links should open tabs. This is proper and right.

e: Also, I like the new layout a lot. Also also, chuckled at Lactavius Murray. Assumed it was intentional.

No other link on their site behaves this way, including if you scroll down and click on the same link at the bottom where it has a picture.

This is terrible, inconsistent, and dumb. I'm on your site, keep me in the tab I'm in.

e: my company's internal A/B testing has also shown that link->new tab reduces pages/session and appeared to have a negative impact on return.

https://www.oncecoupled.com/internal-link-tab/

Internal links should open in the same tab.

Zauper fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 15, 2017

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
You can just click on links with you mouse wheel if you want a new tab, in Chrome at least

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I’m with Zauper on the Great Link Debate of Week 11. It just makes plain sense that internal links should open on the same tab.

:I’mWithHim:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'll throw it on the list of poo poo to figure out this off-season. I'm team new tab and only my opinion matters but I want it to be consistent, dammit.

Thank you for all the feedback guys. We are working out the kinks, errors and processes on you this season to revisit and refine processes for an actual polished product next year. Some of this comes down to conflicting personal preferences here that will be roundly ignored but thanks for all the free QA. :v:

We also already have a bunch of offseason content lined up including a new receiving yards metric I'm figuring out and a DISASTER DRAFT so we hope there's a kernel of value under all the bullshit we get wrong.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Hey man just checking but is spelling his name with a C a joke, or are you not aware his name is spelled Latavius Murray and not Lactavius Murray?

The C is always intentional. Qb was a bad mistake. Thanks!

Good stuff on this new tab debate. I've written for at least 30 sites, and they all do it differently and none of them have a style guide.

My opinion is that if the information is supplemental, I.e. It adds something(like a source), new tab. If its a new article on a different topic, same tab. But then you get issues: Under that definition the choose your own adventure should be new tab, but nobody wants to switch tabs two dozen times for an article.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 15, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK cool cool so it's like, something about lactation

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao Leper, I feel like Drunk Nerds hates you because you're always pointing poo poo out on his site.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

poo poo man I'm just trying to finagle a backdoor invitation to be a paid editor when his site is making bank next year

e. In my opinion re: tabs vs. in-page nav, I want a new tab when the link is opening something I'm maybe gonna read in a minute after I'm done here, or if it's going to another domain; I want the current tab to go to the link if I'm clicking on it because I'm done with this page.

So like, a list of links on a sidebar to other articles: go there in this tab. A contextual link mid-sentence in a paragraph, such as identifying a source or referring back to a previous article? Open a new tab.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 15, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Lmao Leper, I feel like Drunk Nerds hates you because you're always pointing poo poo out on his site.

I could see that, but the opposite is true. Our irl work schedules make it hard to set up an editing rotation, so we end up editing our own articles. My brain tells me what it wants to see, rather than what is there, so another pair of eyes is always welcome.

And yes, Leperflesh. I should have added that Im so excited about Lactavius thatmilk is squirting out of my nipples. I got so excited that I forgot to complete the joke

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

I could see that, but the opposite is true. Our irl work schedules make it hard to set up an editing rotation, so we end up editing our own articles. My brain tells me what it wants to see, rather than what is there, so another pair of eyes is always welcome.

And yes, Leperflesh. I should have added that Im so excited about Lactavius thatmilk is squirting out of my nipples. I got so excited that I forgot to complete the joke

If you truly believed you would have quit your jobs already for this.

But since you aren’t all in might as well shut it down.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

Oh, Spoeank and Sataere told me they were going to quit, then when I did they said "just kidding, you got owned!"

My main job is a lot like this one, except for money. My side job is teaching standardized test prep, but that's seriously my only adult interaction irl so I would die otherwise.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Alfalfa posted:

Burn the ships, bitches.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I legit love Leperflesh's attention to detail. I don't need to be told what I'm doing right, I need to know what I'm doing wrong and what can be done better.

Alfalfa posted:

I just took a poo poo on the desk of my branch manager! I'M ALL IN, BABY!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

so we end up editing our own articles. My brain tells me what it wants to see, rather than what is there, so another pair of eyes is always welcome.

Change the font type and proofread it again. That always helps me. Proofreading on another device is another good way, but it’s usually a pain in the rear end to get a half-done article onto your tablet without publishing it first.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

Change the font type and proofread it again. That always helps me. Proofreading on another device is another good way, but it’s usually a pain in the rear end to get a half-done article onto your tablet without publishing it first.

Not a bad idea, will try. I think my own internal monologue might still be too strong, but one of the good things about pessimism is it's always great when I'm wrong!

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican
Need to drop Chicago for a ROS defense in standard. On WW:

Philadelphia, NO, Arizona, Baltimore, Bills and Chiefs. Suggestions?

edit: image not uploading er gently caress it

Liquid Banjo fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 15, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Liquid Banjo posted:

Need to drop Chicago for a ROS defense in standard. Suggestions?

Is there a reason you don't want to go week to week?

Also who is available?

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Is there a reason you don't want to go week to week?

Also who is available?

My league tends to hoard QBs and DEF for some reason so I'd like to lock something down now that I'm 8-2.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Liquid Banjo posted:

Need to drop Chicago for a ROS defense in standard. On WW:

Philadelphia, NO, Arizona, Baltimore, Bills and Chiefs. Suggestions?

edit: image not uploading er gently caress it

Eagles

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Change the font type and proofread it again. That always helps me.

Wingdings really points out all grammatical errors.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

But look at that Chiefs schedule.

I’m stuck between Chiefs and Saints ROS and I’m going Chiefs.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Ravens also get Cleveland/Indy in Weeks 15 and 16.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Your league's not hoarding DEF's hard enough, because those are some p decent fantasy defenses available. 3 of them are top 7 in total points scored in my league.

I'd go with Baltimore imo, they're a top 5 defense and have a cake playoff schedule with Big Ben not playing very good lately and then Cleveland and Indy.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 15, 2017

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

In my 1 PPR league I'm looking to replace an underperforming Brate. I'm trying to get Evan Engram off a guy whose team is out of the playoffs and has just one playable RB this week (he's only rostering Melvin Gordon, bye week Frank Gore, and newly IR'd Rob Kelley). Duke Johnson could possibly get the deal done but he's my only dependable backup RB; everyone else is question marks at this point. I like to trade depth for better starters prior to the playoffs but will I be too thin at RB without Duke? Kind of a dropoff if Woodhead doesn't deliver.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Kareem Hunt, Alvin Kamara, Duke Johnson, Danny Woodhead, Rod Smith, Orleans Darkwa, Aaron Jones (dropping for Charmander)
WR: Antonio Brown, Jarvis Landry, Mike Evans, Corey Davis
TE: Cameron Brate

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Yeah I’d go Ravens out of that list. Chiefs defense has been pretty bad this year iirc?

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

tonic posted:

Yeah I’d go Ravens out of that list. Chiefs defense has been pretty bad this year iirc?

Hmm yeah they had that great game against Den but other than that, not so hot. Ravens it is, thanks folks.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

on the bored wop posted:

In my 1 PPR league I'm looking to replace an underperforming Brate. I'm trying to get Evan Engram off a guy whose team is out of the playoffs and has just one playable RB this week (he's only rostering Melvin Gordon, bye week Frank Gore, and newly IR'd Rob Kelley). Duke Johnson could possibly get the deal done but he's my only dependable backup RB; everyone else is question marks at this point. I like to trade depth for better starters prior to the playoffs but will I be too thin at RB without Duke? Kind of a dropoff if Woodhead doesn't deliver.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Kareem Hunt, Alvin Kamara, Duke Johnson, Danny Woodhead, Rod Smith, Orleans Darkwa, Aaron Jones (dropping for Charmander)
WR: Antonio Brown, Jarvis Landry, Mike Evans, Corey Davis
TE: Cameron Brate

Do it for sure, helps your starters and you can worry about an RB3 if you need one and no one on your bench delivers.

VietCampo posted:

Your league's not hoarding DEF's hard enough, because those are some p decent fantasy defenses available. 3 of them are top 7 in total points scored in my league.

I'd go with Baltimore imo, they're a top 5 defense and have a cake playoff schedule with Big Ben not playing very good lately and then Cleveland and Indy.

Yeah, can't believe Baltimore is available anywhere. My Yahoo league has funky DST scoring, but GB with Hundley isn't scary, Houston and Detroit give up 8th and 9th most points, Pittsburgh will be rough, but then Cleveland and Indy give up 3rd and 1st most. I'd probably look to stash another defense for week 14 if you have space in the next week or two, but absolutely hold Ravens from here on out.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

WARNING: THIS IS A VERY UNUSUAL AND DISTURBING FACT

By FPPG, C.J. Beathard is a QB1 among non-IRed players in twelve teamers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Melvin Gordon & Jimmy Graham

Or

Jay Ajayi & Gronk?

• Locked thread