Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
There are cheevos for 10, 20, 50, 100, and 200 missions I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hey was this the thread where someone posted a shovel knight glamour? if so could someone repost it???

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Farg posted:

hey was this the thread where someone posted a shovel knight glamour? if so could someone repost it???

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVGlamours/comments/5t59m0/warmiqote_fcosplay_prepare_to_taste_justice/

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

thanks m8

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Found my new AFK spot.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Hommando posted:

I'll forever miss throwing a divine seal'd regen on the tank, swapping to cleric stance, then holying my way to the top of the DPS meter.

What? Why? You can still do that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I thought this morning I should get PLD to 60 in POTD, 5 or 6 runs, what's the big issue, it's boring but it's only 5 runs.

Run 1: Two tanks, one locked into grit, two healers, one honest
Run 2: One tank, two healers, one honest, one pacifist BLM who was setting up his bar for the entire run
Run 3: Two tanks, the same grit locked one, two Samurai, one +30/+28, one +18/+20. I just left on the second floor because the only way forward was a 10000 monsters room, gently caress that.

I should have known better.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Die Sexmonster! posted:

What? Why? You can still do that.

Not nearly as well. White mage does less DPS and largesse isn't as good as divine seal was.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Largesse is still real good and Thin Air means your Holy uptime is much much longer, meaning you can realistically do it better and for longer.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Largesse is still real good and Thin Air means your Holy uptime is much much longer, meaning you can realistically do it better and for longer.

Still, the cleric stance change nerfed WHM DPS pretty hard. This isn't a complaint.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Hommando posted:

Not nearly as well. White mage does less DPS and largesse isn't as good as divine seal was.

largess is good enough and WHM is king poo poo of healer dps so i dunno what to say about this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hommando posted:

Still, the cleric stance change nerfed WHM DPS pretty hard. This isn't a complaint.

Not really and the freedom to go from DPS to heal without loving around with Cleric gives you more freedom to DPS than before. It was a good change in every way.

I miss old Fluid Aura more than Cleric Stance by a country mile.

Oh and killing old Cleric buffed Assize massively, so that's also good. The best getting better :discourse:

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 15, 2017

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

I finally did things to craft endgame things

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
is anyone seriously saying white mage needs to be even more powerful in 4-man content

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

WHM doesn't need a buff for 4 man at all, maybe it could get some 8 man utility but eh, it's fine enough for that too.

As a WHM main, I say buff away though...

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
As someone who's leveling WHM because 4 man AST kind of blows

buff away, I say

I had the most amazing DD in LDR the other day. With the holy stun, you really feel like you're making more of an impact than any other healer imo. The tank pulled every room to the door and the DPS was on point so that everything was dead by the time the 3x holy stun ran out. Couldn't have pulled that off with AST.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Nov 15, 2017

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002212.html

*punches open palm*

Time to grind for that mount

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Sinners Sandwich posted:

https://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002212.html

*punches open palm*

Time to grind for that mount

Goddamnit yoship I don't want to grind PvP. Don't tempt me so.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i can’t wait for dota wings: totally not dota, we promise

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I will be impressed if they manage to convince me that this is not in anyway a moba clone.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it is a moba clone, only in final fantasy and well hell, i think that sounds fun

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm sorry, is that a mount that carries you in its hand as it runs around?

So I'm putting a PvP team together. Who wants to join it?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

I'm sorry, is that a mount that carries you in its hand as it runs around?

So I'm putting a PvP team together. Who wants to join it?

I have a team for you. It's called "23 pubbies".

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles
I leveled ARC to 30 to unlock BRD. I was originally going to stop here (performance action) but I actually found myself enjoying BRD. However, I forgot how soul draining leveling was. I think it may be time for a jump potion especially with how bad the 50->60 grind is.

I can only do PotD so many times before I want to kill myself.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Renegret posted:

As someone who's leveling WHM because 4 man AST kind of blows

What makes you dislike 4-man AST? I prefer playing it in 4man over both WHM and SCH. With AST I feel like im actually the most beneficial member in the group, because im able to do pretty significant dps myself as well as buffing everyone elses dps and having all the right tools for any situation. With SCH my pet basically handles the healing and im left just applying my dots and with WHM I basically put regen on target and cast Holy.

I think I just like AST overall in any size content as it seems to require quite a bit of attention to play while the other 2 healers are a bit easier to manage.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If I ever find the person that tricked people into thinking POTD is the way to level I'm going to congratulate them on the masterful troll.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Saint Freak posted:

If I ever find the person that tricked people into thinking POTD is the way to level I'm going to congratulate them on the masterful troll.

You can get through a run or two of POTD in the time it takes for a single dps queue to pop let alone go through a dungeon so :shrug:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

I'm pretty sure it isn't a trick though with Squadron Missions it's no longer the best way to level AFAIK.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

I was gaining just shy of 2 levels per 51-60 run on my way to 30, if there's a faster method i'd love to hear it.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Chaosfirev posted:

I was gaining just shy of 2 levels per 51-60 run on my way to 30, if there's a faster method i'd love to hear it.

If you have Squadron Missions unlocked just repeatedly run Stone Vigil with them, make your other dps an archer and learn to enjoy making sweet love to that Engage button while your own dps buttons lie forgotten.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

If you wanna level fast maybe you should buy a level boost.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Eopia posted:

If you have Squadron Missions unlocked just repeatedly run Stone Vigil with them, make your other dps an archer and learn to enjoy making sweet love to that Engage button while your own dps buttons lie forgotten.

I never bothered with squadron stuff. Even then though if I was just gonna mindlessly level without learning the job I would just buy the jump potion.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I wonder if I should finally jump over to Maelstrom with the new PvP mode coming in. It seems like they never lose.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Eopia posted:

You can get through a run or two of POTD in the time it takes for a single dps queue to pop let alone go through a dungeon so :shrug:

It takes 10 potds to go from 59-60. It takes like 1 and a half dungeons.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

For those that still don't know, once you unlock squadron missions they are amazing for leveling nearly all the way to 60. Your squadron members are controlled via three buttons (engage, disengage, LB). Whenever you hit engage on a mob, your dudes will target that monster BUT all their cooldowns will reset. Archers in particular are broken as gently caress because of this. Basically every attack they do if you mash engage at least once a GCD will have barrage and raging strikes up. This means they flat loving melt enemies. You can just engage mash while tabbing to put up dots on things as they just disappear in front of you. Your squadron also doesn't actually need to be healed or cared for in any way so you can just tap engage on things and periodically do whatever as you sprint through every dungeon.

Brayflox gives 2-3 levels per run all the way through 41 when you switch to stone vigil til 50 and then wanderer's palace to 60.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Rascyc posted:

I wonder if I should finally jump over to Maelstrom with the new PvP mode coming in. It seems like they never lose.

With the new mode being 24 v 24, it probably doesn't even care about your GC at all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vitamean posted:

If you wanna level fast maybe you should buy a level boost.

Level boost is real money but is otherwise by far the smartest thing to do, yes. The amount of hours you spend leveling would far eclipse the value of $25 unless you actually enjoy the act of leveling. Maybe less valuable for tank/healer because insta-queue but even then. The downside is not getting practice in with your class but to be honest the same applies to PotD and Squadron Missions too.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Maguoob posted:

With the new mode being 24 v 24, it probably doesn't even care about your GC at all.
I hope so, I don't want to quite give up on my mount achievements quite yet.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

For those that still don't know, once you unlock squadron missions they are amazing for leveling nearly all the way to 60. Your squadron members are controlled via three buttons (engage, disengage, LB). Whenever you hit engage on a mob, your dudes will target that monster BUT all their cooldowns will reset. Archers in particular are broken as gently caress because of this. Basically every attack they do if you mash engage at least once a GCD will have barrage and raging strikes up. This means they flat loving melt enemies. You can just engage mash while tabbing to put up dots on things as they just disappear in front of you. Your squadron also doesn't actually need to be healed or cared for in any way so you can just tap engage on things and periodically do whatever as you sprint through every dungeon.

Brayflox gives 2-3 levels per run all the way through 41 when you switch to stone vigil til 50 and then wanderer's palace to 60.

Boring as gently caress though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

Level boost is real money but is otherwise by far the smartest thing to do, yes. The amount of hours you spend leveling would far eclipse the value of $25 unless you actually enjoy the act of leveling. Maybe less valuable for tank/healer because insta-queue but even then. The downside is not getting practice in with your class but to be honest the same applies to PotD and Squadron Missions too.

Thats my line of thought at the moment. I dont like paying money to shortcut (especially 25 bucks) but I would rather start playing the job and having fun in actual dungeons than spend weeks slogging through the same content over and over ad nauseam.