Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
the 4th season of that british baking show is up and its good like all of the others before it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Sarchasm posted:

Wanted is real dumb but leans into it in a way that I enjoyed. Also Order of the Black Eagle is the only movie I know of where a monkey drives a tiny monkey tank so it's definitely got that going for it.

They'd make a real good double feature now that I think about it, but save the monkey movie for last.

Wanted also has vintage pre parks and rec Chris Pratt in it!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
http://adage.com/article/digital/amazon-developing-a-free-ad-supported-version-prime/311273/

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000

James Woods Fan posted:

I enjoyed the remake of The Crazies. That ending was brutal.

Wait, is this on (free) streaming? If so where, I've been wanting to catch this for a while!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen anyone mention that Cube has been added to Netflix.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Franchescanado posted:

I haven't seen anyone mention that Cube has been added to Netflix.

Cube 2: Hypercube and Cube Zero have been added too. Cube 2 is hot garbage, Cube Zero isn't terrible if you liked the first one. It just doesn't bring much to the table apart from a look at the working schlubs keeping the device running and some weak social commentary, but the formula still works to an extent. Just avoid Cube 2 unless you have a morbid curiosity to watch it.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

HerzogZwo posted:

Wait, is this on (free) streaming? If so where, I've been wanting to catch this for a while!

Watched it on Starz through Amazon.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The Homesman was put back on Netflix recently. Maybe someone will finally let Tommy Lee Jones adapt Blood Meridian before he passes away.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Every once in a while, I pick a random movie on Netflix that I've never heard of, and it turns out to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

The New Daughter.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Saw Blazing Transfer Students's first episode on netflix, and i gotta say, I wasn't expecting all of that.

the_tasman_series
Apr 20, 2017
Got any rec's for kung-fu and kung-fu-adjacent films on Netflix? I put on Legend of the Drunken Master the other day, not knowing its reputation and it was great. Then I tried another Jackie Chan (Young Tiger, maybe?) and IP Man, but I was pretty "Eh" on those. So what's good?

blood_dot_biz
Feb 24, 2013

Filthy Hans posted:

Cube 2: Hypercube and Cube Zero have been added too. Cube 2 is hot garbage, Cube Zero isn't terrible if you liked the first one. It just doesn't bring much to the table apart from a look at the working schlubs keeping the device running and some weak social commentary, but the formula still works to an extent. Just avoid Cube 2 unless you have a morbid curiosity to watch it.

Alternate Take: Cube 2: Hypercube is super fun and absolutely worth watching. Cube Zero is maybe technically "better" but it's also basically a more boring version of the original and is skippable.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lycus posted:

Every once in a while, I pick a random movie on Netflix that I've never heard of, and it turns out to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

The New Daughter.

Contracted for me on Amazon. Obvious spoiler that you'll figure out halfway through but you should read anyway: it's a prequel for every generic zombie apocalypse

Cube 2 is bad but at least it's schlocky B-movie bad, Cube Zero is the prequel nobody asked for that tediously explains everything you didn't need explained about the first one.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I enjoyed Hypercube just for being so wacky.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I've ranted about Hypercube many times, because it's terrible and not really in a way I found fun. Cube Zero is just really mediocre but at least it's not Cube 2.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I just found out Kitchen Nightmares in on Hulu.

I was trying to explain that Amy's Baking Company episode to my BF, but now I've seen there's like 5 season up, looks like I've got some new background noise to put on. The schadenfreude is the best part.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm not really big on reality shows, but I dig Kitchen Nightmares. Even though a lot of it is cranked up for drama purposes, you can tell that the majority of these people have no business whatsoever owning or managing a restaurant.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I liked watching it when I worked in a cafe because as bad as that place could get it was never as bad as the places on Kitchen Nightmare.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm not really big on reality shows, but I dig Kitchen Nightmares. Even though a lot of it is cranked up for drama purposes, you can tell that the majority of these people have no business whatsoever owning or managing a restaurant.

"When were the kitchen and dining room last cleaned"

"....please don't go in the freezer"

Jose Oquendo posted:

I liked the dudes who owned the pizza shop. They were just a couple of goofballs and nice guys but they had no clue how to run a business. I think they're still open too, which is cool.

My favorite has to be the Italian restaurant that was so involved with the mob they couldn't edit out all the enforcers coming by to threaten the owners and had to just leave them in but referred to them as "bill collecters"

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 15, 2017

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I liked the dudes who owned the pizza shop. They were just a couple of goofballs and nice guys but they had no clue how to run a business. I think they're still open too, which is cool.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I did genuinely like the episodes where they took it to heart and really committed to change, but the real draw is the severe train wreck people that were so adamant that their food was amazing and Gordon didn't know what the gently caress he was talking about. Then the little 'epilogue' screen is like 'they closed a month later'.

Anyone know if that Pirate Bar episode is on streaming anywhere? I think it was Bar Rescue, but that was a doozy too.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

the_tasman_series posted:

Got any rec's for kung-fu and kung-fu-adjacent films on Netflix? I put on Legend of the Drunken Master the other day, not knowing its reputation and it was great. Then I tried another Jackie Chan (Young Tiger, maybe?) and IP Man, but I was pretty "Eh" on those. So what's good?

I'm a little surprised at your reaction to Ip Man. Donnie Yen is legit. Give him a second chance in Dragon. I'll also put in a plug for The Divine Move if for no other reason than it's about a Go player out for revenge.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The Ip Man movies are dope as hell. Like every single one of them are good.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

They are good in the way Fast and the Furious movies are good. You can pretty much just skip to the fight scenes.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Ip Man vs. ten dudes in the first film has gotta be a top-10 martial arts scene of all-time.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

Ip Man vs. ten dudes in the first film has gotta be a top-10 martial arts scene of all-time.

*gif of that dude just getting rapid-fire punched in the face on the ground in rapid succession like it's loving tekken*

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I can't believe they missed a chance to make cube 3: cubed

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Parachute posted:

*gif of that dude just getting rapid-fire punched in the face on the ground in rapid succession like it's loving tekken*

It's always tempting to post that scene when Ip Man is discussed but it's so, so much better in the context of the movie that it's better to let people experience it that way.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

the_tasman_series posted:

Netflix has Ong Bak 2, and Tony Jaa is good as hell. So is IP Man though, so not sure exactly what you're looking for.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jose Oquendo posted:

I love UK KN. Just as dramatic but less histrionic. I think I've seen every episode like a half dozen times.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I love UK KN. Just as dramatic but less histrionic. I think I've seen every episode like a half dozen times.

One time, in the days before Amazon Prime and Roku, when only Netflix(and their streaming selection was very limited) existed, UK Kitchen Nightmares got me through a month long t.v. outage when our dish was destroyed during a snowstorm. I must have watched every episode at least 4 or 5 times and by the end it was really wearing thin but without that show the boredom would've killed me.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Headshot had good machete fighting if you’re into that

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
There's a scene fairly early on in Headshot that turns some people off, it's more graphically violent and disturbing than the rest(the massacre on the bus) and I remember someone in here saying that they'd stopped the movie at that point. So be prepared for that, if that's a major turn of for you than you can just skip through that scene and the rest of the movie isn't like that. It's not really important to the plot either.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

One time, in the days before Amazon Prime and Roku, when only Netflix(and their streaming selection was very limited) existed, UK Kitchen Nightmares got me through a month long t.v. outage when our dish was destroyed during a snowstorm. I must have watched every episode at least 4 or 5 times and by the end it was really wearing thin but without that show the boredom would've killed me.

You should read more.

Two years ago I went 6 months or so without internet at my apartment to save money (I'd use the phone app for SA), and besides reading way more, I would go to the library once a week and rent a fuckton of movies I hadn't seen.

Everyone needs to embrace their library.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

drunken officeparty posted:

They are good in the way Fast and the Furious movies are good. You can pretty much just skip to the fight scenes.

Shut the gently caress up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Franchescanado posted:

You should read more.

Two years ago I went 6 months or so without internet at my apartment to save money (I'd use the phone app for SA), and besides reading way more, I would go to the library once a week and rent a fuckton of movies I hadn't seen.

There's no doubt that I'm horribly addicted to t.v. and movies, it's become much worse in the past 10 years. I definitely still read some, but there's no way I could sustain myself on that for weeks. I think realizing that I had that addiction was probably a big motivator in starting to collect blu rays, now I could lose internet altogether for like 6-12 months and I'd be fine with just what I have on the shelf.

Definitely not healthy though, I try not to be delusional about that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Basebf555 posted:

It's surprisingly upbeat.

Franchescanado posted:

You should read more.

This happened to me when I got rid of cable.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I can't believe they missed a chance to make cube 3: cubed

Cube3

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This happened to me when I got rid of cable.

I haven't had cable in...9 years? I had a basic cable package maybe 4 years ago because it was "free" with Xfinity and it gave me HBO. I never watched it and dropped it when I moved.

My parents still have Dish Network and 200+ channels even though they only watch Family Feud, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune and Survivor.

I honestly kinda miss how often I'd go to the library. It got me to watch a lot of Criterion DVDs I would normally have missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_tasman_series
Apr 20, 2017
Alright, I'll check out those netflix kung fu omes. As for Ip Man, I turned it off after about half an hour, I'll give it a real chance. The 10 man fight sounds great