Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Milotic posted:

JFC, beyond all reasonable doubt does not apply here Miss Marple/Nancy Drew:

I [32f]. There is something weird going on with my boyfriend [30m] and our pregnant! customer.

She’s asking reddit for help investigating. She’d be better off on r/privatedicks

“Who’s that woman you’re always talking to?”

“Oh, she’s just a regular customer” :dukedoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Clark Nova posted:

“Who’s that woman you’re always talking to?”

“Oh, she’s just a regular customer” :dukedoge:

Of my diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

If the thread has taught me anything, it is that some people will put up with enough poo poo that even a fly would gag.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

My boyfriend [22M] and I️ [22F] were just kicked out of our DnD group for displaying small amounts of PDA.

quote:

Basically, we received a message from our DM (also my boyfriends best-friend). Telling us to sit across the table from each other or gtfo.

My boyfriend and I have already spoken with each other about holding back on the PDA while with this group of friends, but they still call us out for any little thing we do. From my perspective we just do simple things like hold hands, a pat on the shoulder, etc. But they’re still saying it’s too much.

My boyfriend and I really look forward to this Sunday game, but at this point we feel they’re being ridiculous!

Any suggestions reddit?

TL;DR Basically our friends our being lovely and telling us to stop being a couple or gtfo of there DnD campaign.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Palpek posted:

My boyfriend [22M] and I️ [22F] were just kicked out of our DnD group for displaying small amounts of PDA.

We've had a couple who would literally make out in D&D sessions, and we'd just ask them to tone it down a bit. This was in Israel, though.

Americans and "PPPDDAAASSSS""" :gonk:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
That's not a normal American thing, that's somebody who has a ludicrous crush on one of them and is super pissy about it.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Palpek posted:

Anne Whateley posted:

That's not a normal American thing, that's somebody who has a ludicrous crush on one of them and is super pissy about it.

Probably this, and probably the DM if he's the one sending text messages about it. Just find another group.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Palpek posted:

Either the "etc" is a lot more than she's letting on or the rest of the group is the most incel of incels. Or maybe both! I've known a handful of couples who are apparently literally incapable of not making out/groping each other when within 10 feet of one another and say "oh we're not doing anything!" when called out.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

Depends on the region. I'm from the rural South, and our school had a ban on kissing in the halls between classes that they enforced pretty well. (People just went into the bathroom in the less-used buildings, behind the school, or kissed after school before going home.) I was shocked when I later compared notes with friends from other places and found out that in the halls of their schools, people just straight-up used that as their makeout time, sometimes with grinding all over each other.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Palpek posted:

Sit across the table from each other, but have your characters start sleeping with each other in the game.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

My [25 F] boyfriend [27 M] of 7 months is very against me getting surgery, and it's really getting to me and having me reconsider our relationship

:sever: both your malignant cells and your boyfriend, OP.

Choice comment:

quote:

I became pregnant a month into our relationship. I was very depressed (still working on it), as I just got out of a very abusive relationship, and was kicking some pretty bad addictions, so I felt I wasn't ready to have a baby.
I decided to have an abortion, and he made me feel like a murderer/ was doing everything he possibly could to talk me out of it, including telling his mom on me who did the same thing. The family who I did tell were furious with him, and are still trying to find it in themselves to forgive him. It's all in a previous post I made on this same account but eh. Admitting this is probably going to make me seem like a total mental case for trying to make things work out between us on top of this, rightfully so I imagine.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Hughlander posted:

Choice comment:
Jesus gently caress, :murder:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Milotic posted:

Either something is left out or the whole thing is fake. I’m leaning to the latter.

Do you know what time it is?

Wife and I [39F&39M] moved and there's a wrestling ring in our back yard. Our kids [13M, 8F&7M] want to keep it so they can fight. Wife wants to get rid of it.

On the one hand, spinal cord injuries. On the other hand, having a wrestling ring in the back would be super awesome for kids those ages, and they won't likely forgive their mother if she forces them to have it removed. They will TOTALY be powerbombing each other though.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

The wrestling one sounds like it'd be the plot of an episode of Malcolm in the Middle

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Catalina posted:

Depends on the region. I'm from the rural South, and our school had a ban on kissing in the halls between classes that they enforced pretty well. (People just went into the bathroom in the less-used buildings, behind the school, or kissed after school before going home.) I was shocked when I later compared notes with friends from other places and found out that in the halls of their schools, people just straight-up used that as their makeout time, sometimes with grinding all over each other.
The post is about adults patting each other on the shoulder at a friend's home

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 15, 2017

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dienes posted:

Sit across the table from each other, but have your characters start sleeping with each other in the game.

Insist that the game be changed to FATAL and spend all game comparing anal circumference potential

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

Insist that the game be changed to FATAL and spend all game comparing anal circumference potential

Wraethu is the superior option because they will get the gently caress based powerups and nobody else will.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
wrathu and FATAL are two truly superior fonts of amusement

just, not the way they were intended

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Maybe a fun game where you guess whether a phrase refers to one or the other. ill go first. "hibiscus dick"

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Instead of either of those games, play RIFTS which has all the terrible mechanics but is made of the fevered, amazing, dinosaur centric dreams of a 9 year old instead of the weird sex dreams of a pubescent who has too much access to the internet

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i cast "growing forever boobs!"

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Milotic posted:

Either something is left out or the whole thing is fake. I’m leaning to the latter.

Do you know what time it is?

Wife and I [39F&39M] moved and there's a wrestling ring in our back yard. Our kids [13M, 8F&7M] want to keep it so they can fight. Wife wants to get rid of it.

Backyard wrestling is a thing though, popularized by ICP. Keep it and get down with the clown imo.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Milotic posted:

Uhhh, build a ticket booth at the front of the house? People are truly clueless.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Pick posted:

i cast "growing forever boobs!"

I counter with my patented "dick in nostril" move which causes instant death

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I’ve (23f) lived with my BF (29m) for 6 months now and he just annoys me. He says these are normal growing pains, I think it might be a larger issue. Help?

quote:

Background, I’ve been with my boyfriend for about three years now. He was in between places so we decided that to save some money and has her compatibility he would move into my apartment about six months ago. We always had a really good relationship before this and I had always assumed we’d be together but I have to admit that I’m a person who enjoys my space and it wasn’t long before I felt like he was intruding into a pretty good deal that I had set up for myself.

So along with that, it wasn’t long before many of his mannerisms just started to get on my nerves. For example he clears his throat a lot which just annoys me, he also yawns more than other people and those are just the involuntary things he does. He also Listens to his headphones with the noise clearly audible to me, he likes really bad rap music and turns the bass way up and he also whistles all the time.

I’ve tried to be cool with him and tell him that some of these things bother me and he’ll make an effort for like three days and then will be back to normal for him. Yesterday I sat down and I said that I need to have a serious talk with him that some of these things are becoming bigger issues to me and he’s not taking me seriously. He basically blew me off and said that these are the normal growing pains of living together and that will get used to each other as time goes on.

I can’t help but think in my head that these are signals of a larger compatibilityIssue. I’m not blaming him for saying that either one of us is at fault but I just can’t see living my life where I feel like I have to hide in another room because the other person is just irritating me and maybe I’m too sensitive I’m not afraid to admit that but I am who I am just like he is who he is. Does anyone have any advice?

tl;dr: After six months of living together a lot of things my boyfriend does irritate me.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
girl with the crunchy idiot boyfriend should sever his genitals and if he complains about it tell him that she just diluted his dick by 99.9% so now he has the most potent junk possibly, actually

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Palpek posted:

I’ve (23f) lived with my BF (29m) for 6 months now and he just annoys me. He says these are normal growing pains, I think it might be a larger issue. Help?

Being annoyed by someone you live with is bad, but if these are the worst examples she can come up with "HE YAWNS TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" then she is crazy and fundamentally unable to live with anyone

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Palpek posted:

This person is going to die alone.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Dienes posted:

sneak away while they're fighting some monster and eat each other's asses (in the game)

:yeah:

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

Blade Runner posted:

Being annoyed by someone you live with is bad, but if these are the worst examples she can come up with "HE YAWNS TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" then she is crazy and fundamentally unable to live with anyone

I don’t think she’s crazy I just think she’s entered into “yeah I actually can’t stand this person” and it’s coming out over dumb poo poo like yawning.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Blade Runner posted:

Whistling all the time and pumping your headphones so loud they annoy other people are both capital crimes, sorry

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Blade Runner posted:

these are summary offenses and if she ends the relationship it will be without cause, and she will have to pay the tax (he gets majority of shared assets including friends)

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I mean, it's possible that this is hiding some other issue, but I'm taking it at face value. I dunno how she'd even deal with a roommate, if someone yawning too much makes her crazy.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Those reasons sound like excuses but honestly "I felt like he was intruding into a pretty good deal that I had set up for myself" reads like it's coming from somebody who isn't able to live with a partner anyway.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Me [27F] with my mother in law [65F] of 5 years, is it ungrateful to ask her to stop buying jewelry for my husband to give me?

quote:

Every single year, my husband and I agree not to give each other Christmas presents. We both feel like we buy ourselves what we want already, and don't enjoy gift-giving or receiving that much.

My mother in law, "Patricia," believes that "all women deserve to get jewelry for Christmas." I don't wear any jewelry (even my wedding ring) both because I don't like it and it's not practical for me.

Every single year, without fail, Patricia buys a piece of jewelry and has my husband give it to me for Christmas. Sometimes it's cheap, and sometimes it costs hundreds of dollars.

Every year I ask my husband not to do it again, and every year his mom railroads/ignores him and does it anyway.

I'm considering going straight to the source, and telling Patricia, I appreciate the thought, but please stop buying me jewelry. I don't wear it and it isn't a good use of :siren:our:siren: money.

I'm worried that it makes me sound ungrateful and rude, since the right thing to do with a gift is simply to say thank you and move on. I'm also worried that she'll respect the letter of the request, but not the spirit of it, and buy my husband something else to give to me.

Should I just keep my mouth shut and graciously thank her for whatever she insists on buying this year, or is it okay etiquette-wise to try to get out ahead of it this time and ask her not to do it?

tl;dr: My husband's mom buys jewelry for him to give me every year, I don't want it and would like her to stop.

Not as bad as the guy wanting to buy his mom a boob job, but the MIL buys her jewelry she has expressly said she does not want, and the husband reimburses her.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

They’d been dating three years. She’ll never be ready to cohabitate with anyone. Hope she has enough cats to keep her warm.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

LadyPictureShow posted:

Me [27F] with my mother in law [65F] of 5 years, is it ungrateful to ask her to stop buying jewelry for my husband to give me?

... the husband reimburses her.

Is that part in a comment somewhere? I see the "our money" part, but is that explicitly established? Because if the MIL is buying it and not being paid back, then still absolutely annoying, but a different thing than if the husband is paying her back.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Clark Nova posted:

They’d been dating three years. She’ll never be ready to cohabitate with anyone. Hope she has enough cats to keep her warm.

Cats yawn a lot.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Is that part in a comment somewhere? I see the "our money" part, but is that explicitly established? Because if the MIL is buying it and not being paid back, then still absolutely annoying, but a different thing than if the husband is paying her back.

If you pay for something demand a receipt. She never wears jewelry anyway so return it and no one's the wiser.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I was wondering why she was mad about it until I got to the throwaway bit about "our" money. Don't bury that lede!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Palpek posted:

Your bf sounds insufferable. The larger issue is that he's annoying to be around and sadly you didn't learn it till now.