Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
If only there were such things as marriage without cohabitation :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Me(39m) Wife(37) came out as bi and wants a another woman. Need advice.

quote:

So after 14 years of being together, 8 of those years being married my wife comes out as bi and says she wants to have sex with another woman. I asked her why she finally tells me now after all these years and she says she thought I knew. I had no clue to be honest.

She did have an affair shortly after we were married with a couple and I thought it was just one time thing. I forgave her and we worked things out.

Now 7 years later, this is what I have to deal with. The sex between us is non-existent at the momemt. We have a 4 yr old son also. She has told me she doesn't believe in divorce and she is not interested in sleeping with any men. I had asked her about a threesome because what guy wouldn't enjoy that. She said she would prefer it just be her and another woman and that she was not sure if it would improve our situation.

I love my wife and want to try and support her but feel she is being selfish with everything. Everything is about her and that not the way it should be.

Tl;dr How do I deal with this? Has anyone else been through this?

quote:

For me, I can't cheat of my wife, it goes against everything I believe in. I know right now she is in a bad spot, she has anxiety issues and takes meds for that. She goes through this every once in awhile. I may be open to her sleeping with another woman with rules/terms. I just can't give her an answer right now. This is new to me.
This guy.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Palpek posted:

This guy.

quote:

She has told me she doesn't believe in divorce

Well, you still can.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Palpek posted:

This guy.

This marriage is already over.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I like the part where he desperately tried to spin it into a threesome and now is still unsure about the situation because he still hopes he could maybe spin it into a threesome in the future.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My GF Broke up with me to try sleeping with other guys but wants to get back together afterwards. (self.relationship_advice)

quote:

So we’ve dated for nearly a year and a half and I can truly say she’s different than any other past girlfriend. We mesh in every conceivable way. Only catch is that she was a virgin. She’s under the impression that she needs to explore with other guys before she commits any further but wants to get back together at some point when she’s done. Why the heck do I do. I’ve told her I think this should just be the end of us but all of me wants to be with her still. I’m just extremely confused.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Hmm yes what the hell does he do, what a dilemma. What's missing is their age though, I'm guessing early 20s but it would be hilarious if they're older.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Palpek posted:

I like the part where he desperately tried to spin it into a threesome and now is still unsure about the situation because he still hopes he could maybe spin it into a threesome in the future.

I mean, I can totally see him offering up a threesome since she did that before (by cheating on him and loving lol at him for not leaving then) and it lets her explore her desires while keeping him involved (you know, the guy she supposedly loves). But if they're not having sex at all and she just wants to go gently caress other women I don't know why he'd bother staying in the marriage as she doesn't seem to give a poo poo about him/his satisfaction in the relationship. I know she doesn't believe in divorce (lol) but as someone else pointed out, he still can.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

maskenfreiheit posted:

My GF Broke up with me to try sleeping with other guys but wants to get back together afterwards. (self.relationship_advice)

Are you, like, 16?

In any case, yes, do this. This will set a really good tone for the dynamic and result in way more drama down the line that you hopefully will post about on reddit.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ouhei posted:

I mean, I can totally see him offering up a threesome since she did that before (by cheating on him and loving lol at him for not leaving then) and it lets her explore her desires while keeping him involved (you know, the guy she supposedly loves). But if they're not having sex at all and she just wants to go gently caress other women I don't know why he'd bother staying in the marriage as she doesn't seem to give a poo poo about him/his satisfaction in the relationship. I know she doesn't believe in divorce (lol) but as someone else pointed out, he still can.
The guy's wife tells him she wants to start loving other people and his first reaction is to ask if he can get something out of it, it's pretty lol. Sure that the right thing to do is to get divorce but his weird reaction gives it a spin. He just doesn't know what to do, it's all so new to him - I'm wondering if he would be having similar doubts if she said she'd like to start sleeping with other men, I'm guessing nope because it wouldn't feed his fantasy.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Palpek posted:

I’ve (23f) lived with my BF (29m) for 6 months now and he just annoys me. He says these are normal growing pains, I think it might be a larger issue. Help?

this lady should check into whether or not she has misophonia, because those symptoms sound exactly like mine! common, everyday noises drive me fuckin crazy and i end up having to wear headphones a lot of the time, including when my bf is around and doing something as simple as typing

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Admiral Ray posted:

Are you, like, 16?

In any case, yes, do this. This will set a really good tone for the dynamic and result in way more drama down the line that you hopefully will post about on reddit.

I agree, because I'm betting on a drama explosion when she finds someone she likes more and just stays with them, only for him to break down because "we had a deal!"

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Blade Runner posted:

only for him to break down because "we had a deal!"
"I have altered the deal. Pray I do not alter it any further."

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Palpek posted:

This guy.

it's abusive to be controlling, the slut shamey, homophobic OP has no right to dictate how his wife spends her time.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

it's abusive to be controlling, the slut shamey, homophobic OP has no right to dictate how his wife spends her time.

Did Maskenfreiheit make a joke?!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

blarzgh posted:

Did Maskenfreiheit make a joke?!

Hard to tell.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blade Runner posted:

I agree, because I'm betting on a drama explosion when she finds someone she likes more and just stays with them, only for him to break down because "we had a deal!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhp9Tsw7Oyk

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Palpek posted:

This guy.

Stories like this are why people freak out when their partner reveals they are bi.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Is that part in a comment somewhere? I see the "our money" part, but is that explicitly established? Because if the MIL is buying it and not being paid back, then still absolutely annoying, but a different thing than if the husband is paying her back.

Yeah, it's elaborated on in the comments, I figured putting the sirens around 'our' made that clear, my bad. The MIL buys whatever piece of jewelry, and the husband reimburses his mom despite the OP telling him multiple times she doesn't want it/won't wear it.

I don't understand how hard it is to say 'thanks but no thanks ma'. But the OP's plan if this doesn't put a stop to it is to put the jewelry aside and let her kids have it when they get a little older.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
While jogging early this morning, a guy assaulted me, and I stabbed him.

quote:

I’m just jogging along a residential area when he comes up to me from behind, pulls me close to his body, and grabs my rear end. Really?

What he wasn’t prepared for is, I carry a small blade in my hand when I go jogging in the dark. I have always done that, never really thinking I’d have occasion to use it. Then this guy comes along to justify why I carry it.

As soon as I felt his body, my hand shot backward and stabbed his leg, which caught him off guard, and he gasped and let go of me. Then I turned around to face him, and stabbed his chest and stomach area.

He acted shocked. Like what was he expecting? That I would scream and run?

Oh I ran alright. I ran after him when he realized he picked the wrong target and couldn’t get away from me fast enough. I yelled at him something like “Hey you wanna try that again?” As he was scrambling down the sidewalk.

I got the police on the phone while I followed him. He first tried to hide between some people in a bus stop shelter, but then took off running again when he saw me approaching with my phone to my ear.

The police drove around looking for him but didn’t find him. Somewhere out there is a guy with some wounds, hopefully rethinking whether he will ever try that again.

I will never understand what a guy like that thinks he’s going to get out of grabbing a random woman on the street. I can say for sure this one got way more than he bargained for.

Things that are justified self defense: Stabbing someone who has grabbed you in the leg
Things that are kind of a grey area: Stabbing the attacker twice in the chest after they're no longer grabbing you
Things you will go to jail for: Chasing the man you've already stabbed three times down the road while wielding a knife and yelling

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Danaru posted:

Things that are justified self defense: Stabbing someone who has grabbed you in the leg
Things that are kind of a grey area: Stabbing the attacker twice in the chest after they're no longer grabbing you
Things you will go to jail for: Chasing the man you've already stabbed three times down the road while wielding a knife and yelling

Don’t break the social contract then complain the response is illegal ya dingus

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Danaru posted:

This was 100% written one handed

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Blade Runner posted:

:yeah:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Blade Runner posted:

I kinda hope so because as hilarious as an attempted rapist getting shanked is, that's a pretty fair amount of jail time even if the rapist DOESN'T die

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Danaru posted:

She made the news!

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Danaru posted:

I kinda hope so because as hilarious as an attempted rapist getting shanked is, that's a pretty fair amount of jail time even if the rapist DOESN'T die

It reads like a classic power fantasy in the vein of "I walked into the McDonald's to get my daily supply of chicken nuggets and singlehandedly defeated ten armed robbers at once using my secret sauce techniques"

I somehow do not believe that this woman carries a loving knife in her sweaty palms every day she jogs, nor that her immediate reaction to getting groped was to turn into a loving Navy SEAL and stab this man multiple times before giving a pithy one liner, and if she actually told the police what happened she'd definitely be in jail until they found the dude and not posting on the loving internet because, yeah, it's impossible to prove you didn't just turn around and start stabbing a man jogging near you and then claim he tried to grope you, and if he bleeds out then you have just called the police and admitted to murder

If that story is real, she is legitimately 100% hosed if the guy claims he never touched her and she just started stabbing him. I guess she has to hold out hope that people who grope women in the park are idiots, which isn't a terrible bet, but she's more than likely screwed.

Blade Runner fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 15, 2017

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Palpek posted:

The guy's wife tells him she wants to start loving other people and his first reaction is to ask if he can get something out of it, it's pretty lol. Sure that the right thing to do is to get divorce but his weird reaction gives it a spin. He just doesn't know what to do, it's all so new to him - I'm wondering if he would be having similar doubts if she said she'd like to start sleeping with other men, I'm guessing nope because it wouldn't feed his fantasy.

I just meant that I could see the thought process behind hearing that your wife is bi and wants to explore that by loving some women and saying well we could try threesomes since on paper that would be her exploring that need while still keeping her husband as part of her sex life. More of a "okay lets try to figure this out as a couple rather than you running off on your own" thing than anything else. It obviously also plays into his fantasies of 2 women at once, but if she's getting to live out some of her fantasies/desires I don't really see the shame in him living out some of his really.

I doubt his reaction would be the same at all if it were her wanting to gently caress other dudes, but I think a lot of people would have different reactions to their SO announcing they're bi and need to explore that side of them as opposed to just announcing that their SO isn't enough of a man/woman to keep them satisfied and they need to find replacements in bed.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Danaru posted:

Requiescat In Pace

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I’m glad I returned to this thread in time for Githusband and Mammary Makeover Motherfucker.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
You may love your dogs but no one else really cares. Also sounds like there’s some unknown history here

Me [61F] with my daughter [28F], she’s angry I don’t consider her pets my grandchildren

quote:

u/notadognana
My son told me about this website (daughter in question frequents it as well) so I’m hoping for some insight from a younger crowd. He suggested changing everyone’s names for anonymity, so hopefully I keep the aliases straight!

I have three wonderful children: a son, Michael (35), and two daughters, Anna (31) and Marnie (28). All three are married to lovely people, and Michael and Anna both have children. I adore my grandchildren, but I want to make clear that I have never expected my children to “give” me grandchildren. I respect each of them and how they choose live their lives because it’s their lives. I realize this might come off as overly defensive, but I had a mother who felt entitled to influence over certain decisions in my life (such as picking the husband I am now divorced from).

That being said, I adore being a grandma. Each of my grandchildren is a blessing, and I am so very proud of every single one of them. I’m the grandma who drives everybody crazy taking a million pictures, and I have a couple of dedicated shelves that I’m constantly updating with the latest pictures of my family (yes my children have suggested a digital photo frame, but I’m too old-fashioned to give up my paper copies!).

Now onto the issue. Marnie and her husband are childfree but own three large dogs of varying breeds. They paid a lot of money for these dogs from high quality breeders, and they’ve gotten the dogs great training. These dogs are obedient, sweet animals who love to be loved, even if they sometimes forget their own size (hard to share a recliner with 150 pounds of muscle!). I do love these dogs and am happy to have them over whenever Marnie or her husband come for a visit.

Last week, I got a call from Marnie in tears that honestly came as a bit of a shock. Now, I’ve mentioned the shelves of pictures I have. Apparently, at their most recent visit, Marnie’s husband scrutinized the photos and realized that while each family has its own shelf, the grandkids get a separate shelf and none of the dogs’ photos were on that shelf. To be clear, I do have pictures of the dogs (and I love the dogs! Love the dog pictures!), but those pictures are only on Marnie and husband’s dedicated shelf. Michael and Anna’s families both have their own shelves, and then there’s an additional shelf just featuring pictures of my grandchildren (all school photos/pictures from formal dances, games, recitals).

Marnie told me that she is hurt that I do not have pictures of her dogs on the “grandchildren” shelf because she said “they are my children” and she feels I do not value her or her family as much as Michael and Anna.

This is just not true, and I admit, I got a little defensive out of shock. I pointed out that I spend equal amounts of time with each of my children, and everybody has their own designated call night. She said I’m always going to Michael’s daughter’s soccer games or Anna’s children’s dance recitals, and I countered that I also went to Marnie’s husband’s softball games (I even hosted their league holiday party last year!)

We argued for about an hour and just kept returning to the dog pictures not being on the same shelf as the grandchildren, and all I could really say was that I never considered the dogs as my grandchildren, just beloved family pets. Marnie hung up on me after that, and I felt absolutely horrible because it felt like we were both talking past each other.

Michael called me just moments after hanging up, because it was his family’s designated call night and I’d missed our usual time. I was still upset from the call with Marnie and told him about our conversation (which I should not have done and absolutely regret), and he immediately went off on his sister. He was furious that she was angry with me, and offended that she would even suggest her dogs were “on the same level” as his or Anna’s children.

I quickly got the sense from his rant that this was a resentment long-brewing between the two of them. They didn’t really see eye-to-eye as children, but they’ve always been friendly to each other in front of me, and Marnie is a great aunt to both Michael’s and Anna’s children. But he just went absolutely in on his sister, calling her selfish and spoiled and delusional (which I told him was inappropriate and rude and not something I wanted to hear him say about his sister). He said that he and Anna had been putting up with her “BS” (although he didn’t use the abbreviation) for too long, and that he couldn’t believe she was trying to drag me into this “nonsense.” He closed out his rant by saying that comparing her dogs to his children was a “f-ing insult” and he wouldn’t stand for that “sh—”. He then got an earful about swearing at his mother, and by that time it was far past the children’s bedtime, so I missed out on catching up with them. All around, not a good night.

I tried calling both Marnie and her husband the next day, and got sent straight to voicemail. I assumed it was too early and they needed some more time to cool off, so I just left messages saying I loved them and missed them and hoped we could talk more about this. I sent a text message on Sunday to Marnie, but she didn’t reply. So I waited until today, Marnie’s designated call day, to try again, but I got sent straight to voicemail again. Michael and Anna both have tried calling Marnie and her husband, and they’ve also not gotten through.

I feel like an emotional bomb has dropped on my family, and all I want is to get everyone in a room to talk this out. It’s Thanksgiving next week, and I want everyone to feel welcome and happy in my home, but I don’t know what to do. Does anyone have any advice or insight to provide in this situation?

tl;dr: Childfree daughter is heartbroken I didn’t consider her dogs as my grandchildren. Her older brother is offended at the idea of her dogs being “on the same level” as his children. I don’t know how to handle this. Who’s wrong? Who’s right?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Blade Runner posted:

It reads like a classic power fantasy in the vein of "I walked into the McDonald's to get my daily supply of chicken nuggets and singlehandedly defeated ten armed robbers at once using my secret sauce techniques"

I somehow do not believe that this woman carries a loving knife in her sweaty palms every day she jogs, nor that her immediate reaction to getting groped was to turn into a loving Navy SEAL and stab this man multiple times before giving a pithy one liner, and if she actually told the police what happened she'd definitely be in jail until they found the dude and not posting on the loving internet because, yeah, it's impossible to prove you didn't just turn around and start stabbing a man jogging near you and then claim he tried to grope you, and if he bleeds out then you have just called the police and admitted to murder

If that story is real, she is legitimately 100% hosed if the guy claims he never touched her and she just started stabbing him. I guess she has to hold out hope that people who grope women in the park are idiots, which isn't a terrible bet, but she's more than likely screwed.

One post above yours

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
The unfolding saga of the Central Park* Sex Stabber also looks promising.

*no idea what park.

E: based on further information, Salt Lake Sex Stabber is more accurate and also a better name imo

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 15, 2017

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Blade Runner posted:

Enh, you can freely shoot a child for wearing a hoodie and just claim he assaulted you. This woman will be fine, especially in Utah. American society loves this kind of revenge fantasy crap.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Captain Yossarian posted:

One post above yours

The last paragraph was the response to that.

That story also doesn't make sense and isn't consistent with how she told it. By her telling, she called the police while she was there. By the news story, she went home and did it. Apparently, the other people at the bus stop just went about their day as a woman chased after a man with a knife, and didn't think this was worth calling the police first over?

Blade Runner fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 15, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Holy poo poo lol.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Wife [35f] doesn't want kids speaking to their step-brothers because of their fathers cheating. They all knew and didn't say anything. They're not listening and now she wants to kick them out. How to talk sense into her?

quote:

My wife and I have now been married for a year and a half now. She was in a previous marriage that ended horribly-the husband was cheating on her, and his kids (15, 16, 17) as well as hers (15 and 16) knew about it- but no one said anything until after she found out. The reasons as to why nobody knows. There is still some resentment between her and her sons and , and she doesn't want her communicating with their (ex) step-brothers at all.

The problem is that in those years that they were living together, they all became extremely close, and even after the divorce still hang out a lot. She doesn't want them going over their house but they still do. She thinks the other boys are a bad influence and "intimidated" them into keeping the secret about their dad when the cheating was happened. I don't know, but they're not taking it very well, and all the yelling and arguments are getting old. They accuse her of trying to split them up and she accuses them of contributing to the cheating. Last night she told them that if they continue wanting to go over the cheaters house then they can get their stuff and get out.

I really think she's being unreasonable and needs to just let them have their brother like bond, regardless of what happened. Kicking them out isn't going to solve the problem, but when she asked me to help her make a decision I told her what I thought. Apparently now I'm on her ex's side and sympathizing with him. She says she doesn't understand why her sons are turning against them, especially since before they had been so close. How can I talk some sense into her?

tl;dr: Step brothers knew that father was cheating on her and didn't say anything. now they're divorced and her kids still want to see/hang with them, but wife doesn't want them to. This is causing so many problems and now she wants to kick them out. How to talk some sense into her about this situation?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

fruit on the bottom posted:

Wife [35f] doesn't want kids speaking to their step-brothers because of their fathers cheating. They all knew and didn't say anything. They're not listening and now she wants to kick them out. How to talk sense into her?

You've been away too long, old man

We've already done this one

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Milotic posted:

You may love your dogs but no one else really cares. Also sounds like there’s some unknown history here

Me [61F] with my daughter [28F], she’s angry I don’t consider her pets my grandchildren

I have the opposite problem, my mother calls my dogs her furry grandchildren and sends me cards from them on holidays and even father's day and it weirds me out. She knows I'm not having children and she doesn't seem bothered by it but come on, dogs are not children, they are better. And then last year my dad bought all his grandkids iPads (I'm his only child that doesn't have children) and he didn't even give my dogs iPads.

It's lose/lose.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Blade Runner posted:

You've been away too long, old man

We've already done this one

I am undone!