Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The sound it makes on the downshift is glorious. That car is heavenly :h:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

drgitlin posted:

Kia Stinger GT first drive should be live tomorrow. Drove the AWD one first, was quite underwhelmed. Then spent some time in the RWD version this afternoon; believe the hype! If you’re contemplating buying one, save yourself $2200 and don’t get AWD (if you live somewhere snowy spend the money you’d save on some decent winter tires instead).

Thanks Kia for not giving us Canadians a choice. :jerkbag:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Is that 3 350's motor-centipeded together rear end to snout?

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Dannywilson posted:

Is that 3 350's motor-centipeded together rear end to snout?

Could we moto centipede 3 LS9s?

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
e46 m3 is teh best m3

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Dear Internet, if you said you were going to buy a Stinger, please do, it's bloody good: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/11/the-2018-kia-stinger-gt-an-affordable-sports-sedan-that-deserves-the-hype/

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Whoa, center-lock Fuchs. Nice.
And yeah, dat interior.

drgitlin posted:

Dear Internet, if you said you were going to buy a Stinger, please do, it's bloody good: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/11/the-2018-kia-stinger-gt-an-affordable-sports-sedan-that-deserves-the-hype/

That's good to hear. I can't do it now, but hopefully soon.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

drgitlin posted:

Those HVAC vents are....unfortunate looking and all dead center? A shame too since you have to look at them every day.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
but it has AC seats....nice.

i mean at least they are trying

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

sneakyfrog posted:

but it has AC seats....nice.

i mean at least they are trying

A very useful option to have when autocrossing or tracking it. But you have to get the GT2 spec car for those, which is $50k.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

drgitlin posted:

A very useful option to have when autocrossing or tracking it. But you have to get the GT2 spec car for those, which is $50k.

I was all lol 30k for a kia but 50k?

yeeeah nope.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

sneakyfrog posted:

You can buy a new 340i M-Sport with nav, heated seats, carplay, etc. for that.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chemmy posted:

pretty much. for a brand that has when it first came out was yugo level poo poo and has just recently started turning around cars that arent utter garbage 50k is pretty drat ballsy

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

sneakyfrog posted:

yeeeah nope.

Yeah, $50k a bit steep. There's a bunch options in that price range and there's plenty of competition. No doubt it's a nice car, but there's a lot of nice cars to be had for $50k.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
Here in Oz, the 6 cyl RWD models are asking 53-65k (about 40-50k usd) and a 340 M sport starts at 103k (about 80k usd), in fact you'd barely get into a base 318 (or c series) for the cost of the 3.3 GT.
They're still kind of pricey compared to the defunct Falcodores though.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Chemmy posted:

Chemmy posted:

Right, but the 340i is a much smaller car and if all you want is heated seats and CarPlay the Stinger GT is $39k.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Yeah, I’m not sure the GT2 trim is worth it. The one option you do want is the LSD though.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

drgitlin posted:

Yeah, I’m not sure the GT2 trim is worth it. The one option you do want is the LSD though.

Which for some dumb reason comes packaged with all the driver assist tech stuff

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's my forever rant as of late but :argh: to the Koreans only selling AWD models here.

I mean, at least make it an order-able option from the factory, you gits.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Wistful of Dollars posted:

It's my forever rant as of late but :argh: to the Koreans only selling AWD models here.

I mean, at least make it an order-able option from the factory, you gits.

They don’t do factory order. Only from the allocation pool at the regional distribution center. If there are no cars put in the pool there is no chance of getting it. Since it’s highly unlikely that they would put rwd in the Canadian distro pools there is no point for them to pretend it’s an option for the handful of customers that would both want to buy a rwd Stinger but would also not go for an awd in the absence of a rwd one.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Would it be possible to dealer option an LSD into a non LSD driveline?

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

DefaultPeanut posted:

Would it be possible to dealer option an LSD into a non LSD driveline?

The LSD is packaged in with the advanced driver assist package which is a available as an add on for the GT and GT1 trim levels and is standard in the GT2 package.

It would most likely cost more to have it installed than just get the driver assist package

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Driver assists pretty much own though. You come around real quick the first time you're doing a long road trip.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

kill me now posted:

They don’t do factory order. Only from the allocation pool at the regional distribution center. If there are no cars put in the pool there is no chance of getting it. Since it’s highly unlikely that they would put rwd in the Canadian distro pools there is no point for them to pretend it’s an option for the handful of customers that would both want to buy a rwd Stinger but would also not go for an awd in the absence of a rwd one.

:argh:

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

sneakyfrog posted:

yeeeah nope.

I keep being surprised by these prices. The Stinger starts at €60k here, base model. It's shocking, really. What does an Audi A7 go for over there?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Like 70k starting

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

That's not so different, hella confusing. Would rather buy the A7 over a stinger then, I guess.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

xzzy posted:

Driver assists pretty much own though. You come around real quick the first time you're doing a long road trip.

The adaptive cruise control is decent but the lane keep assist is not great—you wouldn't trust it to go hands-free the way you could in an Audi or Volvo or Tesla.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well a person would be an idiot if they're taking their hands off the wheel, no matter who's code is running the lane assist.

It should be treated like a watchdog more than an autopilot.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

drgitlin posted:

Thanks for the article. Definitely buying a GT1 as soon as A. it's available and B. I sell my Corvette.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
this is the most interesting thing Jaguar has done since their hood ornament:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yatAJVA_4E&t=24s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y64JhPtpicA&t=22s

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQqY6nkyCrQ
1hr of WTAC coverage, anyone?

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

xzzy posted:

The driver assist features are nice, but at the same time I would have rather not have to kick in $2k extra to get all of them when all I want is the LSD. But it is what it is, Still a good deal

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

nothing too special, I just love this car so much. both sides were basically made of bondo. definitely a survivor.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

nothing too special, I just love this car so much. both sides were basically made of bondo. definitely a survivor.

Love the plate. Whoever owns that thing is living the life.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I love the 60s black and yellow plates but I really wish they would also bring back the 80s blue and yellow ones. It would be perfect for that car. I'd buy a vanity plate in a hearbeat if they offered it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I have the 60s black and yellow plates on my motorcycles (and they're even period-correct on the older one) but the one I really want them to bring back is this

fuckin love that art deco font and '80s setting sun

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I recommend you buy a car with them, though they don't fall under YOM requirements so you might just be able to take a set of plates that are out of the system and just get a custom plate with the same letters/number combo. Then just use the Sunset plates.

edit: Mine has 3 of those characters in their right places!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sagebrush posted:

I have the 60s black and yellow plates on my motorcycles (and they're even period-correct on the older one) but the one I really want them to bring back is this

fuckin love that art deco font and '80s setting sun

As a UK head, this IS the California plate as far as I'm concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

As a UK head, this IS the California plate as far as I'm concerned.
Yep. It just seems... right.