Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Conservatives: definitely never raped or murdered anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Ramirez really earned his pullitzers from what I see here.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

I'm starting to wonder if Tinsley has ever actually seen an anime.

Well, not the kind that get shown on TV.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Feldegast42 posted:

Wow I've never seen Ramirez get so petty before -- most of the time he pretends to at least be respectable.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

:thunk:

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

What the gently caress is going on with Tinsley right now? Is all the alcohol finally getting to him? Is it an early onset of dementia?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Keiya posted:

Fixed. If I was less lazy I'd find a branco elephant in a similar pose and make it 'the pros have it' but, lazy.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Is Mr "look at all these liberal snowflakes getting triggered over mean words" upset because some Democrats said swears.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I like evil donkey though

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

That's such a bizarrely original and visually effective take for Gorrell that I wonder if it's an accident, and he got confused while trying to draw them normal.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Vib Rib posted:

Why does Garrison care if white people will be a minority? I thought being a minority was either no problem or actually a good thing that gets you cool benefits? Why is he acting like being a minority is a bad thing all of a sudden, after so much insisting minorities have it A-Okay?

He's afraid of being treated the way minorities are treated. Wonder why.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Guys, I'm starting to think Gorrell got pod person-ed. Has anyone heard from Dees lately?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

I'm choosing to believe it was a deliberate choice to call the gender ambiguity chicken Ken the Hen. Who doesn't put references to recently invented swedish pronouns in their comics? Nobody.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, he could have gone with Chuck the Chook.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

Man, Calvin is still fussy about his peanut butter.

I still do this.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

But guys. If they asked him pointless stuff instead of what they asked him. They'd have been grasping as straws right? :haw: what if they did that.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

:golfclap:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Isn't it 'Grasping at straws' though?

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Well Garrison, Branco, and Lester all breathed deep sighs of relief.

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

This one's new to me. Police Car-shaped toilet? What?

Also the rape/murder/suicide thing, wow. What a nutcase.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

TheBigAristotle posted:

I like how he both "lives with mom" as well as "lives in parent's basement"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Man these Loss edits get weirder and weirder

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Hi thread. I've been collecting political comics over the years, through the elections and crisis's and I'd thought I would share a few i thought were either interesting or just terrible. Some make more or even less sense in retrospect

(If the corn here is supposed to be the Iraq war then wonder what the harvest was)

(a naiver time)

(Russia saving the Ukraine from the USA?)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Iron Crowned posted:

I like how he both "lives with mom" as well as "lives in parent's basement"

Obviously, his mom lives in the basement too.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

TheBigAristotle posted:

During OWS in NYC, that fine paper of record that certainly never makes up stories or was good friends with Nazis, The Daily Mail posted a photo of a homeless man taking a poo poo while leaning against a cop car and labeled it as an OWS demonstrator.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Just lol that someone earnestly put "English language" as an ingredient for Donald Trump's glue that fixes America.

First of all, he's probably the least fluent English speaker we've had in the White House. No I don't mean in recent history, I mean even back when education basically ended at elementary school we had better diction in the office. No joke, I bet you could even prove this just by looking at only two of his transcripts.

And also I just can't believe how petty people are about "speaking English." You know they put it in this cartoon because "WHY DO I HAVE TO PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH IN AMERICA!!?!" It's like I've mentioned before about my lovely job transcribing the messages old people leave for their health insurance: they almost seem obsessed and can't NOT be racist shits even when trying. 9 times out of 10 the complaints I hear about it are "Hire more people that speak English...." which is in the same message as "we got everything figured out and they were very courteous, but hire someone that speaks English!" Like first of all you dumb old gently caress, what were they speaking that you understood so well? Second, just hit the drat button for English!

Ugh, I'll never get it. Maybe that's the unreachable gap between the parties. I literally can't place myself in the shoes of someone who cares that they have to push a button to not get Spanish and possibly have to hear some filthy brown person language for a couple seconds.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

"Hire someone that speaks English" translates out to "hire white people without scary brown people accents," I think.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

:eyepop:

Pia Guerra posted:

Dazed and Accused.
:eyepop:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Really, really not looking forward to the Franken/Moore cartoons. This is going to be super tasteless.

I know this post isn't helpful in any way but this thread is the only place that would understand my despair.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Grimdude posted:

Just lol that someone earnestly put "English language" as an ingredient for Donald Trump's glue that fixes America.

First of all, he's probably the least fluent English speaker we've had in the White House. No I don't mean in recent history, I mean even back when education basically ended at elementary school we had better diction in the office. No joke, I bet you could even prove this just by looking at only two of his transcripts.

And also I just can't believe how petty people are about "speaking English." You know they put it in this cartoon because "WHY DO I HAVE TO PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH IN AMERICA!!?!" It's like I've mentioned before about my lovely job transcribing the messages old people leave for their health insurance: they almost seem obsessed and can't NOT be racist shits even when trying. 9 times out of 10 the complaints I hear about it are "Hire more people that speak English...." which is in the same message as "we got everything figured out and they were very courteous, but hire someone that speaks English!" Like first of all you dumb old gently caress, what were they speaking that you understood so well? Second, just hit the drat button for English!

Ugh, I'll never get it. Maybe that's the unreachable gap between the parties. I literally can't place myself in the shoes of someone who cares that they have to push a button to not get Spanish and possibly have to hear some filthy brown person language for a couple seconds.

I've always been curious. How many native Spanish speakers did the US take in when they Annexed Texas?

Certainly the US must have a huge native Spanish speaking population from that alone. Not to mention Puerto Rico.

Spanish is certainly a native tongue of the US and it has nothing to do with immigration.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
They don't think Puerto Ricans count as American, for one.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Grimdude posted:

About 10 years ago now, the local CBS station ran a Spanish language commercial during CSI for some reason. The only reason I know about it was because the next day someone at work was ranting about it and how he wanted to throw the TV through the window.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

ARE COMMERCIALS!

Grimdude posted:

First, its almost always "press two for Spanish" so it is literally having to listen to 3 seconds of Spanish then not do a thing.

He's coming from a place of just wanting everyone to get along and celebrate our shared culture(cause he's scared he will be the minority soon, time to make peace), but holy moley does he instantly go to crazytown with that "common culture" being explicitly white/European and that :lol: Trump is the facilitator of bringing groups together. The English is him saying, joint the melting pot, by leaving all your culture to assimilate to ARE WAY.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Really, really not looking forward to the Franken/Moore cartoons. This is going to be super tasteless.

I know this post isn't helpful in any way but this thread is the only place that would understand my despair.

Branco is going to do a week of googly-cross-eyed Franken leering at women, prepare thyself. And once Franken resigns, he'll do some Clenis ones too.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Finally, a good AfterEden.

• Locked thread