Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I know coaching is where the big bucks are, but I'm surprised the AD's subordinates make that much more money than they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

This whole situation with Spurrier and Stricklin dunking on rumours on twitter is completely new to me and I love it.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Great football coaches are a scarcer resource. You think if the Alabama AD didn't show up to work for the next 6 months it'd make a lick of difference for the football team?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Albert haynesworth says 10 million for gruden to ut, so pack in them grumors boys

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'm still calling bullshit, what does Haynesworth know? Until I see Currie at a podium introducing Gruden, I won't believe it.

And jesus christ 10 million? We could have so many other, better coaches for that.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Honestly I don't know if Tennessee can afford ten million with Butch's buyout

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think I posted it in this thread but I broke down how Tennessee Athletics has generated the 3rd most revenue behind ND and OSU (I think, might have been Texas) over the past couple of years and the school also made a shitton off of the Nike deal. Along with boosters, they can afford it. Butch also has a structured payout until 2023 so it's not a lump sum.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm still calling bullshit, what does Haynesworth know? Until I see Currie at a podium introducing Gruden, I won't believe it.

And jesus christ 10 million? We could have so many other, better coaches for that.

haynesworth did say that but he’s also full of poo poo generally, i was just joking when i posted it

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Here's an article with Clay Travis *HAACK Ptooie* talks out his rear end but the picture he posts made me recoil

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/clays-jon-gruden-diary-day-three/

e: Corey Alexander tweeted "I know something you don't know" earlier and I had to look up who he was but anyway the following tweet made me laugh:

https://twitter.com/coreyralexander/status/930947135285145601

Just dripping with disappointment

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 16, 2017

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
WHERR IS CHIP

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

god i love college football

coach search is better than the game itself

https://twitter.com/TylerGraddyKN/status/930152389251928064

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I really do hope that Florida hits a homerun this time. This was Florida's transition from Will Muschamp to Jim McElwain:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I think I posted it in this thread but I broke down how Tennessee Athletics has generated the 3rd most revenue behind ND and OSU (I think, might have been Texas) over the past couple of years and the school also made a shitton off of the Nike deal. Along with boosters, they can afford it. Butch also has a structured payout until 2023 so it's not a lump sum.

How? Creamsicle royalties?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Huge stadium, SEC TV deal, and a good apparel contract

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

How? Creamsicle royalties?

Butch Jones piñatas?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

They need all that revenue to cover medical injuries at their home games.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

Albert haynesworth says 10 million for gruden to ut, so pack in them grumors boys

There’s some wild flight tracking going on at some message boards. Goddamn people. The speculation is entertaining and all, but we really won’t know until we know. I’m ready for the no Gruden meltdown.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Sir Thats Gross posted:

There’s some wild flight tracking going on at some message boards. Goddamn people. The speculation is entertaining and all, but we really won’t know until we know. I’m ready for the no Gruden meltdown.

The meltdown will inevitably come from the worst parts of the fanbase who should be ignored. I don't think there is a single Vols fan on here that wants Gruden. It will be a collective sigh of relief when it isn't him from most of us I think.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My favorite thread I’ve seen all day is the one where they’re debating how long they’d go without drinking or sex to have Gruden as the guy

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

The Notorious ZSB posted:

The meltdown will inevitably come from the worst parts of the fanbase who should be ignored. I don't think there is a single Vols fan on here that wants Gruden. It will be a collective sigh of relief when it isn't him from most of us I think.

I completely agree. On this forum, I think there’s an agreement of “not Gruden.” After that I think it’s a matter of our own speculations as to who it’s going to be.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Huge stadium, SEC TV deal, and a good apparel contract

i know why. it was a joke. thanks for pointing that out.

Rodan
Sep 24, 2002
Florida Gator
Emerging from my lurk-only retirement to report that Gatorcountry is currently 90 pages deep in an airplane thread that is now discussing facial bone structure to determine if a fuzzy picture is of Chip Kelly's agent landing in Gainesville, or just the pilot.

I never thought another forum would be funnier than SA but welp here we are.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

why is the former south carolina head coach talking about UF coaching hires

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Ball Coach's has made a school or two have to go through a coaching search in his time.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Rodan posted:

Emerging from my lurk-only retirement to report that Gatorcountry is currently 90 pages deep in an airplane thread that is now discussing facial bone structure to determine if a fuzzy picture is of Chip Kelly's agent landing in Gainesville, or just the pilot.

I never thought another forum would be funnier than SA but welp here we are.

Sounds just like Ye "BOBBY STOOPS IS A DONE DEAL" Swamp Gas Forums of Olde.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Also, my money is firmly on Petrino riding back to Arkansas. The biggest obstacle to his return is gone.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Cant wait for Gruden to go 6-6 every year because the backup Senior QB cant understand Spider 2 Y Banana

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

Also, my money is firmly on Petrino riding back to Arkansas. The biggest obstacle to his return is gone.

Well Jackson gone and he's recruited he team into the ground.

Makes sense.

Rodan
Sep 24, 2002
Florida Gator

LeeMajors posted:

Sounds just like Ye "BOBBY STOOPS IS A DONE DEAL" Swamp Gas Forums of Olde.

To a T. That was a long time ago, we are old.

Also Tennessee please actually hire John Gruden. I don't think it ends well but it certainly would be entertaining.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

C. Everett Koop posted:

Nothing official, but there are a bunch of rumors that Arkansas is trying to see if they can get Gus to leave Auburn. Apparently, someone from Arkansas called up one of the Auburn beat writers asking about his buyout.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duckaerobics posted:

Nothing official, but there are a bunch of rumors that Arkansas is trying to see if they can get Gus to leave Auburn. Apparently, someone from Arkansas called up one of the Auburn beat writers asking about his buyout.

It's just under $7mil.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Rodan posted:

To a T. That was a long time ago, we are old.

Also Tennessee please actually hire John Gruden. I don't think it ends well but it certainly would be entertaining.

Yes we are.

Also, I hope it doesn't happen because I think he'd do well, but the pan-humbling of UT rehiring Kiffin would probably create a beautiful singularity that would swallow us all.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why do you think he’d do well?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Why do you think he’d do well?

I'm not certain by any means, but he's a good recruiter and frankly he and Tennessee would've been better off had he stayed. He's coached well at FAU.

I'm not sure he'd be a Saban-toppler or anything, but I think his brash bullshit plays well with the kids.

The wild card would be defense, considering Monte wouldn't be there .

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh NM I thought you were talking about Gruden doing well

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
My body is ready for Gruden.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

He is a consultant to the athletic department

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA gonna fire Cheney and hire Enid

I don't know why anyone on earth would do that. Cheney is one of the most brilliant football coaches I've ever talked to, people just don't like it because he has no problem with winning a game 24-17 and will play very conservatively if he trusts his defense.

He has always fought his weight.....I mean he's no Mangino, but other than his stint with the Rams he's always been pretty close. I'm sure its kept him from being a head coach.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
My semi-realistic pick is Kiffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JesustheDarkLord posted: