Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

XK posted:

MoMA's a bit of a dumb dumb dump dump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

XK posted:

MoMA's a bit of a dumb dumb.

lol at posting a broken link due to not even understanding how dynamic pages work.

To be fair, Toast is Junior Counsel for Gemini 42 Productions and Gemini 42 Entertainment and not Robert Space Industries. Although part of his responsibilities have been taken over by Ms Oto recently.

Although - according to MoMA - since courts interpret such things as the name of principal parties to a contract with a liberal "we know what you meant" attitude, I don't know why they even bother to set all these companies up in the first place.

Given this insight, I am sure that RSI/CIG Corporation LLC Rights Bros GmbH will start to issue refunds requested from any of their component offices, since they are all just typo'ed pigs feeding from the same trough.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

People like this (that he's quoting, he's being critical)

:ughh:

If you have purchasable cosmetics in your game, I loving hate you. I'll let it slide, but I'll still think you and your game are poo poo, and I will refuse to involve myself.

If you have randomized slot machine crates that contain things like 40% faster healing, and those crates can be acquired either directly with real world money, or round-about via purchasable tokens/credits, I want a Senate investigation.

We had the Senate and Whitehouse involved over loving Sega CD's Night Trap. We had media firestorms over a hacked out piece of half broken dead code in GTA, the Hot Coffee thing. That was dumb irrelevant poo poo.

Get this actual gambling targeting children investigated.

I don't know what he's talking about with George Lucas. Dude made those movies out of his own pocket, not even slightly relevant.

XK fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 16, 2017

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Golli posted:

Although - according to MoMA - since courts interpret such things as the name of principal parties to a contract with a liberal "we know what you meant" attitude, I don't know why they even bother to set all these companies up in the first place.

MoMA also thinks that CIG refusing a refund repeatedly until the district attorney called them to inquire why they were doing so and their response being that there was nothing to answer because they were in fact now refunding the customer is a complete coincidence and does not mean CIG were influenced in any way by that district attorney.

"No, you goons don't get it. I am a pedantic shitlord so since the District Attorney's only intention was to get information then that means they never outright and implicitly demanded CIG provide a refund so their involvement is meaningless."

Add into that he argues that CIG is not required to give these refunds and you start to understand that he is a really intelligent guy who has no ulterior motives for his arguments and his $8,000 in spaceships means nothing.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I want to emphasize that I absolutely love Star Citizen and Chris Roberts and in no way mean to offer a critique to both but

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Codezombie posted:

I wish the bloody Trademark office had, it cost me £120 to get it fixed.

Well maybe if you were smart enough to get dumb idiot babies like MOMA to give you thousands of dollars for space jpegs that wouldn't be an issue :colbert:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Does Vader punch above his weight?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

If Derek was really funny he'd do what needs to be done.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

He uses a light saber and sometimes the force not punches.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Also I'm confused at this point...isn't Robert Space Industries an actual shell company?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Golli posted:

Although - according to MoMA - since courts interpret such things as the name of principal parties to a contract with a liberal "we know what you meant" attitude

This is true, if it went before a judge, it would likely be decided that the entity that was intended to be named is understood, despite the typo.

The weird thing is, they also had their Gamescom 2016 private backroom booth named "Robert Space Industries".

What would be the limits on "understood intent" about a typo, when they have 17 companies with many of them having highly similar names, and them being known to use a defense against refunds and lawsuits consisting of "wrong company lol"?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

XK posted:

If you have purchasable cosmetics in your game, I loving hate you. I'll let it slide, but I'll still think you and your game are poo poo, and I will refuse to involve myself.

If you have randomized slot machine crates that contain things like 40% faster healing, and those crates can be acquired either directly with real world money, or round-about via purchasable tokens/credits, I want a Senate investigation.

We had the Senate and Whitehouse involved over loving Sega CD's Night Trap. We had media firestorms over a hacked out piece of half broken dead code in GTA, the Hot Coffee thing. That was dumb irrelevant poo poo.

I don't know what he's talking about with George Lucas. Dude made those movies out of his own pocket, not even slightly relevant.

Well, the Belgian Government has launched an inquiry into the EA lootboxes being games of chance. So there's that.

https://www.videogamer.com/news/the-belgian-gaming-commission-launching-investigation-into-battlefront-ii-overwatch-lootboxes

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well, he is more machine than man now...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Well, he is more machine than man now...

Explains Lesnick still existing.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

XK posted:

This is true, if it went before a judge, it would likely be decided that the entity that was intended to be named is understood, despite the typo.

The weird thing is, they also had their Gamescom 2016 private backroom booth named "Robert Space Industries".

What would be the limits on "understood intent" about a typo, when they have 17 companies with many of them having highly similar names, and them being known to use a defense against refunds and lawsuits consisting of "wrong company lol"?

A one-off typo in a subparagraph gets more lenience, but demonstrated reliance on subtle differences in company names as well as the fact that the Euro version has the same 'typo' for the Wilmslow version of the company lends less credence to an 'innocent mistake' defense.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

FrozenLederhosen posted:

One thing I don't see brought up at all is the fact that these morons are going to go through "release fatigue" where, when it's finally released(hah), there's nothing to be excited about because they've been playing through it piecemeal over an entire decade. Flying in the same spaceship isn't going to suddenly be really fun because they finally added that one goofy feature they promised years ago. It's like paying premium to stay in a resort while they're building it. When it's finally done, there's no awe or surprise. You've already done everything while enduring endless bullshit.

This has happened to me with early access titles. I was done with them when they eventually released, feature complete, and it was a shame because the complete experience would've been awesome.

This is also why I've got Dead Cells in my Steam library without playing it. I'm just waiting for [beta] to go away so I can experience it fully.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Golli posted:

Well, the Belgian Government has launched an inquiry into the EA lootboxes being games of chance. So there's that.

https://www.videogamer.com/news/the-belgian-gaming-commission-launching-investigation-into-battlefront-ii-overwatch-lootboxes

I'm so happy an EU country is doing this, because it frequently turns into a landslide of other countries following suit.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

XK posted:

Industry owns congress now - there will be no investigation and if there is there will be no findings. Look at the recent findings and goings on about (Rx)narcotic legislation. I agree that it is illegal gambling and should be shut down to stop the minors and those with issues but EA/Acti-Blizz etc make too much bank off this.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Golli posted:

good fuckem and konami.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/privacy

quote:

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PRIVACY POLICY CAREFULLY. BY CLICKING THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON AT THE END OF THIS PRIVACY POLICY BELOW, OR BY USING THE https://www.robertspaceindustries.com WEBSITE AND RELATED WEBPAGES

Mis-linked their own webpage. It does redirect correctly, though.

quote:

The data controller in respect of any Personal Information that you submit to us via the RSI Services (or otherwise) is Robert Space Industries International Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (company number: 08882924) and located at Freedom House, Church Street, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 1AX, United Kingdom

Come on, guys.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos

quote:

The RSI Services are made available to you by Robert Space Industries Corp., a company registered in California, USA, and located at 12322 Exposition Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90064

For fucks sake.

For bonus, immediately continuing that paragraph:

quote:

(“RSI”, “we”, “us”, “our”). If you would like to contact us or make a complaint about any of the RSI Services, please contact us by mail at the foregoing address or via email: support@cloudimperiumgames.com.

They literally attempted the wrong company defense because people contacted CIG instead of RSI, yet they've joined the two together for customer service right here.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

XK posted:

They literally attempted the wrong company defense because people contacted CIG instead of RSI, yet they've joined the two together for customer service right here.
I'm sure this was just an honest mistake.

ortwin_grinning.gif

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

XK posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/privacy

Mis-linked their own webpage. It does redirect correctly, though.

Come on, guys.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos

For fucks sake.

For bonus, immediately continuing that paragraph:

CIG crumbles the next day when people start actually reading the EULA they signed.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
MoMA: Monument of Mental Acrobatics

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I just totally doxxed Robert Space Industries, but, can you doxx something that doesn't exist?

Was it RSI International Limited, or was it RSI Corp?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6rHeD5x2tI

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Some guy in India has archered the entire RSI website in order to directly scam gullible fools and sell them non-existent spaceships. He just has to add in the e-commerce stuff, I'm sure Turbulent would be happy enough to do this for a piece of the action, they tend to turn a blind eye to these types of scams.

It's hilarious, check it out
https://www.srmmun.in/pledge.html

Registrant Contact
Name:
Keerthana Nimmagadda
Organization:
N/A
Street:
4141, Estancia Township,
Guduvanchery, Chennai, Kanchipuram District
City:
Chennai
State:
Tamil Nadu
Postal Code:
IN
Phone:
+91.9962473728
Email:
email@gmail.com

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SomethingJones posted:

Some guy in India has archered the entire RSI website in order to directly scam gullible fools and sell them non-existent spaceships. He just has to add in the e-commerce stuff, I'm sure Turbulent would be happy enough to do this for a piece of the action, they tend to turn a blind eye to these types of scams.

It's hilarious, check it out
https://www.srmmun.in/pledge.html

Registrant Contact
Name:
Keerthana Nimmagadda
Organization:
N/A
Street:
4141, Estancia Township,
Guduvanchery, Chennai, Kanchipuram District
City:
Chennai
State:
Tamil Nadu
Postal Code:
IN
Phone:
+91.9962473728
Email:
email@gmail.com

Someone send this to the archive!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

XK
Jul 9, 2001

How many court filings does it take to get to the center of a video game kickstarter?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Go take it up with a judge.

I prefer to take it up with a judje.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

Welcome to the internet. We hope you enjoy your stay, here's your lotion, wetnaps and eyebleach. Please don't give anyone your passwords, and be warned that xxxxjailbait18xxxx is a hairy dockerworker from New Jersey.

:frogon:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I tried to buy the Squadron 42 solo pledge package but it returns an error :(

Even this scam cut out Sandi Gardner :(

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Someone send this to the archive!

He isn't doing anything dodgy, he's well within the laws of Chennai district. All he has to do is introduce a typo here, a pixel there, and BOOM! it's a completely different company. In fact he's probably legally using all of RSI's material under license from the license holder, which is (insert shell company here)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SomethingJones posted:

He isn't doing anything dodgy, he's well within the laws of Chennai district. All he has to do is introduce a typo here, a pixel there, and BOOM! it's a completely different company. In fact he's probably legally using all of RSI's material under license from the license holder, which is (insert shell company here)

Oh ok

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Yeah, apparently he told some people he was making a movie, and in some parts of the world that gets you a lot of leeway

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm just surprised that Derek isn't finding all these things and revealing them.

Also, terrible that India laid claim to this and not Turkey.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Golli posted:

A one-off typo in a subparagraph gets more lenience, but demonstrated reliance on subtle differences in company names as well as the fact that the Euro version has the same 'typo' for the Wilmslow version of the company lends less credence to an 'innocent mistake' defense.

You don't understand. If MoMA is right about a fringe technicality, then Star Citizen will come out and be good.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

SomethingJones posted:

Yeah, apparently he told some people he was making a movie, and in some parts of the world that gets you a lot of leeway

Kevin Costner is upset at this website.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Scruffpuff posted:

You don't understand. If MoMA is right about a fringe technicality, then Star Citizen will come out and be good.

It will be iron clad. Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
This saga has gone on so long I nostalgically refer to the TOS as 'old ironsides'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/08Hsg7i.gifv