Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friend
Aug 3, 2008

The MSJ posted:

As expected from the character, the Deadpool 2 teaser is.... different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Cjsnq8kVU

I didn't care for the first one so I'm probably not going to see this one, but are we supposed to know who's hand that is at the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Friend posted:

I didn't care for the first one so I'm probably not going to see this one, but are we supposed to know who's hand that is at the end?

Josh Brolin's Cable.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

The MSJ posted:

Josh Brolin's Cable.

Oh. That's dumb, they showed it like it was some big mysterious hint of a reveal but he's already in the trailer at the dinner table.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Maybe it's actually Thanos' hand and this reveals that Deadpool is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe :stare:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Friend posted:

Oh. That's dumb, they showed it like it was some big mysterious hint of a reveal but he's already in the trailer at the dinner table.

But not in the footage

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The MSJ posted:

lol so random wacky XD

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Who was it that was asking about slowed down/overly dramatic covers of pop songs in trailers?

I'm still waiting to hear this cover in a trailer for a date-night holiday slasher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQrN9ba8qEM

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The MSJ posted:

I liked Deadpool and understand why there are people out there who didn't, but i think everyone has to agree that Ryan Reynolds' joy playing the character is infectious. The movie was clearly his baby (i think everyone at this point agrees that he was the one who leaked that demo trailer) and after his Green Lantern movie bombed it's gotta be a relief that he can still carry a superhero movie that people love.

i would not be surprised to learn that he just wears the costume around the house when his wife/kid are out.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

DC Murderverse posted:

I liked Deadpool and understand why there are people out there who didn't, but i think everyone has to agree that Ryan Reynolds' joy playing the character is infectious. The movie was clearly his baby (i think everyone at this point agrees that he was the one who leaked that demo trailer) and after his Green Lantern movie bombed it's gotta be a relief that he can still carry a superhero movie that people love.

i would not be surprised to learn that he just wears the costume around the house when his wife/kid are out.

I expected to hate it after all the "OMG LOOK HOW WACKY WE ARE" things but still ended up liking it.

I feel the same thing after this trailer... like "we get it. You're wacky." And it doesn't really do much for me because that schtick can wear out it's welcome real fast.

But I'll still see it since i liked the first one.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

BonoMan posted:

I expected to hate it after all the "OMG LOOK HOW WACKY WE ARE" things but still ended up liking it.

I feel the same thing after this trailer... like "we get it. You're wacky." And it doesn't really do much for me because that schtick can wear out it's welcome real fast.

But I'll still see it since i liked the first one.

Yeah the first one was better than the trailers made it out to be. the schtick is worse in the trailers

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

On the first Deadpool campaign we tried to do a special shoot where some actor dressed up as Deadpool but wasn't RR. He flipped out and his lawyer immediately drew up a contract we had to sign that nobody wears the suit but him.

I found it to be incredibly shrewd then and still do. As long as he's in the suit he has some say on the character and can reign it in. He's never over the top and I feel like that keeps it fresh.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I like the wackyness during the action. It makes it more fun

When he's just standing infront of a camera doing monkeycheese it's embarrassing

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

On the first Deadpool campaign we tried to do a special shoot where some actor dressed up as Deadpool but wasn't RR. He flipped out and his lawyer immediately drew up a contract we had to sign that nobody wears the suit but him.

I found it to be incredibly shrewd then and still do. As long as he's in the suit he has some say on the character and can reign it in. He's never over the top and I feel like that keeps it fresh.

He is right.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Yeah this is one of those times where, even though it may seem harsh, he absolutely has a point. RR *is* Deadpool. And with anyone else in there you fully risk tainting that.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ya dont want some kibd of Jingle All The Way scenario

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Count me in the 'thought I would hate Deadpool, but then I really liked it instead' group. The trailer is silly and stupid, but I'm still looking forward to the next one. I do kind of wish that they had made him as schizophrenic as he supposedly is in the comics.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Count me in the 'thought I would hate Deadpool, but then I really liked it instead' group. The trailer is silly and stupid, but I'm still looking forward to the next one. I do kind of wish that they had made him as schizophrenic as he supposedly is in the comics.

There was that period where the gov't kept wiping his memory and planting false ones, and then after he and Madcap got blasted to ashes by Thor, they kind of merged during regeneration and Madcap was basically living in Deadpool's brain. Which led to the "dueling narration boxes" where the yellow ones were Wade and the white ones were Madcap. And then...

So, not so much schizo, but a really complicated psyche.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

The MSJ posted:

Frankly, this teaser did more for me in two minutes than the first Deadpool movie did in the entirety of its almost two hours, so this may be another case where the advertising is better than the movie itself (or at least better than the previous movie, anyways).

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

kiimo posted:

Ah, the old "John McClane Gambit" employed by Bruce Willis to wrest control over Die Hard 4 from the studios.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

BonoMan posted:

Yeah this is one of those times where, even though it may seem harsh, he absolutely has a point. RR *is* Deadpool. And with anyone else in there you fully risk tainting that.

agreed, the only person whose taint should be in that costume is Reynolds.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This is extremely my jam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9wE8dyzEJE

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:stare: Yeah, I’m down for whatever this is.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alien:Covenant's score is great.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:ohdear:

yes please

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Unwrapping my Buncha Crunch Bites in the theater is going to be a slow and loud process. God forbid you get nachos.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Looks great. Although "Silence Is Survival" is completely unnecessary. Like... no poo poo.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hohohoho. Looks like a great nailbiter.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coOKvrsmQiI

When I think what video game needed a movie, it is certainly not Rampage. But I am so loving here for it

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Tim Whatley posted:

When I think what video game needed a movie, it is certainly not Rampage. But I am so loving here for it

JDM Literally being Negan in that trailer

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tim Whatley posted:

Ahahahahahaha sure, alright, I'm down :allears:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol:

Rampage looks pretty cool.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BonoMan posted:

JDM Literally being Negan in that trailer

I’ll allow it. Movie looks dumb so as long as it’s fun I’ll watch it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I still remember watching Uwe Boll's Rampage and being really confused because Uwe Boll is known for directing lovely video game movies but Rampage had nothing to do with giant monsters destroying buildings. Instead it's about a serial killer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIQK34bBBQc

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Still waiting for charming cool funny Dwayne Johnson to be in a good movie.

I guess he did The Rundown. But, geez. Get Doc Savage going already.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well there's fast and the fur....

feedmyleg posted:

Still waiting for charming cool funny Dwayne Johnson to be in a good movie.

I guess he did The Rundown. But, geez. Get Doc Savage going already.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
"From the director of San Andreas"

SOLD!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

K. Waste posted:

"From the director of San Andreas"

SOLD!

The Rock reportedly wants him for Black Adam as well.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That fuckin' Smashing Pumpkins remix-- can it be even called a remix? It's more like they lifted the chorus and added it to some generic production music. Ugh, so terrible.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

What in the holy gently caress... :stare:

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Interesting re-imagining of The Diary of Anne Frank...

• Locked thread