Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I can believe the other ones, but how the gently caress does a captain get that fat and stay in? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Handsome Ralph posted:

I can believe the other ones, but how the gently caress does a captain get that fat and stay in? :psyduck:

My guess would be airsoft.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

McNally posted:

My guess would be airsoft.

I would have thought the same except for the radio and the uniformity of gear. I'm just gonna hope it's airsoft at least.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Our first walrus president o7

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Handsome Ralph posted:

Is there a Marine Reserve unit in American Samoa?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

it's a cultural thing they cannot discriminate against that 🤔

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've mentioned it before but one time when I was trying to do legit research for work I hit a major stumbling block because my Google search results were being clogged with Airsoft sites. Apparently these idiots will pay $150 for a plastic shell to put around store bought walkie talkies to make them look like an MBITR.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I would have thought the same except for the radio and the uniformity of gear. I'm just gonna hope it's airsoft at least.

Doesn't look like a standard stencil on that lower.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Might be one of those QC code inventory stickers.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
LOL, newest reply all starts with a lowtax tweet

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Never heard of Reply All until now and all I know is their lovely website nearly crashed my browser

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Never heard of Reply All until now and all I know is their lovely website nearly crashed my browser

iTunes dude

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Or just though wherever podcast app you use, I'm using podcast addict. It's ok

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Holy poo poo polyurethane wood seal smells like rear end.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Holy poo poo polyurethane wood seal smells like rear end.

I made a door-desk like three weeks ago, and my office still smells like poly.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

SAME SAME I CAME posted:

I made a door-desk like three weeks ago, and my office still smells like poly.

16 sqft stained and poly'd for a project today. My apartment smells lovely.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I need to build poo poo again. I have a small stockpile of cedar, enough for a small table or nightstand. I don't want to build anything in the apartment, or for this apartment. I can always build whatever I need with the tools at work, and the abundance of pallets I throw out for the scrappers.

I don't even know what I'd want to build right now anyway. Maybe a coffee table or tv stand. I'm enjoying not owning a bunch of poo poo. I can move everything in here with three car loads, king size bed included.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm making something like this but in four sections instead of three so I can chuck it in a closet. Still waiting for the rubber parts to arrive since I can't get a stall mat locally. Nearest tractor supply is almost 2 hours away and Rippetoe can eat my rear end if I'm driving that far for authenticity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dcn3KS6nOc

Taking suggestions for something to apply to the bottom to make it non-skid. It's going down on tile.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Carpet padding.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Takes a brave man to deadlift on tile in an apartment even with a pad

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Power cleans too. I have bumper plates and I don't drop my weights. Defeats the purpose of the project somewhat but I enjoy doing handy things.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Some day when I'm not renting I want to get back into blacksmithing and probably even some minor fabrication. Turns out landlords are not big fans of the proposal to have a forge and anvil on their property.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Man I would be down with that as long as you made me some sick metal armor.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I messed around at a friend's set up for a year or so before we moved, never owned my own. Armorsmithing is waaaaay beyond my skills at the moment. I'm up to stuff like forks/knives, candle holders and the like. Gonna be a long rear end time before I can do stuff like that.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

http://usmclife.com/2017/11/graphic-navy-admits-pilots-responsible-obscene-skywriting/

:patriot:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
If/when I ever buy a house and build a home gym, a) it's going to be loving expensive and b) it's going to need some serious soundproofing unless my neighbors are deaf or a mile away.

Full size power rack with pull-up and dip bars plus band pegs, flat and adjustable benches, squat/power/deadlift/duffalo bars, dumbbell handles, deadlift platform, GHR, belt squat. Maybe a single cable tower for seated rows and lat pulldowns? 800-900lbs of plates...

gently caress.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I need to build poo poo again. I have a small stockpile of cedar, enough for a small table or nightstand. I don't want to build anything in the apartment, or for this apartment. I can always build whatever I need with the tools at work, and the abundance of pallets I throw out for the scrappers.

I don't even know what I'd want to build right now anyway. Maybe a coffee table or tv stand. I'm enjoying not owning a bunch of poo poo. I can move everything in here with three car loads, king size bed included.

I kind of want a smart mirror, for no good reason.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

If/when I ever buy a house and build a home gym, a) it's going to be loving expensive and b) it's going to need some serious soundproofing unless my neighbors are deaf or a mile away.

Full size power rack with pull-up and dip bars plus band pegs, flat and adjustable benches, squat/power/deadlift/duffalo bars, dumbbell handles, deadlift platform, GHR, belt squat. Maybe a single cable tower for seated rows and lat pulldowns? 800-900lbs of plates...

gently caress.

If you have a power cage now they make these pulleys you can attach and use your plates for rows and pulldowns.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Godholio posted:

I kind of want a smart mirror, for no good reason.

you can make one with an old laptop monitor or whatever old flat panel you have laying around. I thought about doing one but I doubt it would ever get used

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
even if you dont drop your weights, i think you're probably going to at least crack a tile. video yourself deadlidting and i think you'd see yourself losing control of the weight from the first to the last set.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Your Battle Buddy posted:

you can make one with an old laptop monitor or whatever old flat panel you have laying around. I thought about doing one but I doubt it would ever get used

Yeah. I've got an ancient LCD monitor around here, have to figure out if it's too heavy for this to be practical or not. Probably more of a springtime project anyway.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Eh just tear the panel out. The part you need to make it interface is like $15. I took an old laptop apart and made a kitchen tv with that and a Roku and it worked ok

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

god just join a crossfit gym you fukken nerds.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

But then you have to interact with people. With a home gym, you can use your misanthropic energy to the max all alone!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

MurderBot posted:

god just join a crossfit gym you fukken nerds.

1. None nearby

2. They charge $Texas

3. I loving hate crossfit

4. I hate crossfit people more than crossfit itself

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

fine be hermits and work out in a wonderful home gym that doesn't cost an atrocious monthly fee.

sheesh

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
You could always just join a regular, non-cult gym.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Every morning i wake up and palm slam the army cadences tape into my Walkman and i do prt exactly to regulation

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Gotta save money for ammo! :q:

That's what I said to a stripper who asked me if I wanted a lap dance, back when I was a 19 year old private in Alaska.

The rest of the platoon never took me back to the strip club after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You could always just join a regular, non-cult gym.

I need barbells and the places around me don't really have them. It's all nautilus circuits rounded out with a startrac machine.

• Locked thread