Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There both good .
How is that .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
omg wrong thread

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

NotWearingPants posted:

omg wrong thread

I think you meant to type "Wentz IS TOO better than Mariota!"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Anyone have a concise Zeke assault summary that led to his punishment? I know about exposing that gal during the st. patricks day parade, but I'm having an argument with my father who is trying to say that his accuser got into a fight with another woman in the parking lot to cause her injuries and has lied about everything.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

euphronius posted:

There both good .
How is that .

Agreed

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon posted:

I think you meant to type "Wentz IS TOO better than Mariota!"

One guy has 7 TDs and 6 INTs. The other has 23 TDs and 5 INTs.

I really don't think the argument needs to be made.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Mr. Nice! posted:

Anyone have a concise Zeke assault summary that led to his punishment? I know about exposing that gal during the st. patricks day parade, but I'm having an argument with my father who is trying to say that his accuser got into a fight with another woman in the parking lot to cause her injuries and has lied about everything.

This is unfortunately true. His accuser did falsify some injuries and asked a friend to lie about it. Most of Zeke's defense has revolved around text messages from the accuser to a friend showing that she asked the friend to lie about it.

But there's also evidence that Zeke was abusive before that and those injuries weren't falsified, including photos the accuser took of earlier injuries and messages she sent to relatives.

It's extremely unlikely that Zeke would have been convicted in court based on the evidence, but also likely that he was abusive before that point.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

One guy has 7 TDs and 6 INTs. The other has 23 TDs and 5 INTs.

I really don't think the argument needs to be made.

It's like one has a coaching staff calling plays towards their strengths and the other toward their weaknesses plus just very poor play design in general!!!!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

And that's basically what I've told him already. It's more likely than not he put his hands on her at some point.

He's trying to say that Kaep quit his job and Zeke is the real oppressed black man.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Zeke does that stupid spoon feeding motion and plays for the Cowboys. Bail denied and he is remanded to the custody of the state

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Mr. Nice! posted:

Roj wanted to suspend the guy and Roj can do whatever he wants to do. Thanks NFLPA

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://twitter.com/1053thefan/status/930839418969231361

Oh dear

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Metapod posted:

It's like one has a coaching staff calling plays towards their strengths and the other toward their weaknesses plus just very poor play design in general!!!!

If you want to say Mariota is a better prospect you’re probably wrong but it’s close enough to have a debate. You made it sound like Mariota was better and there’s some huge gap between the two.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Nice! posted:

And that's basically what I've told him already. It's more likely than not he put his hands on her at some point.

He's trying to say that Kaep quit his job and Zeke is the real oppressed black man.

imma beat up your dad

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

He's been on the Romo practice plan for a while. Tomorrow/Friday will be the real tells.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Sickoesyesyes.jpg

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Even if Smith plays, there no way he's effective with the groin/back combo?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I feel like after last week Dallas may wheel Smith out there in a wheelchair if they have to

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It's either wheel him in or wheel Dak out

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

HatfulOfHollow posted:

McNabb was the best QB in Eagles history and Reid had a lot to do with that. He definitely made a lot of bonehead decisions but I never understood the Reid haters. He was awesome. Just ran into a lot of better teams.

I will agree that Andy Reid challenges suck and the man has no idea how to call a hurry-up offense though.

did they, though? I don't think the 03 Panthers, the 02 Bucs, or the 08 Cardinals were "better," really. Especially given that the Eagles were favored in all of them iirc. I think Reid's staff (Jim Johnson in particular[RIP]) were great pre-game coaches who were kid of lovely in-game with very little ability to adjust, which will drat you against even average coaches who are more flexible. their "please McNabb bail us out" strategy wasn't any different than what Buddy Ryan got harangued for during his time in Philly.

Reid's definitely become a better coach in KC because he's stepped up his gameday performance. I can't tell you how many times I've watched the Chiefs over the last two years and thought "gently caress me, they still have 2-3 time outs" at the end of the half. plus he's shown a lot more flexibility with in-game playcalling when the scripted plays to open the game don't work out.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
The 02 Bucs were definitely better. Johnson was more than a mere game manager that year and the defense was legendary. The '03 Panthers and '08 Cardinals, maybe not, though

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

The 02 Bucs were definitely better. Johnson was more than a mere game manager that year and the defense was legendary. The '03 Panthers and '08 Cardinals, maybe not, though

Yeah one of the reasons the Eagles were favored IMO was the whole “Bucs can’t win under 40 degrees” bullshit

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

aBagorn posted:

Yeah one of the reasons the Eagles were favored IMO was the whole “Bucs can’t win under 40 degrees” bullshit
They also had beaten the Bucs in the regular season, plus it was the final game at the Vet. It seemed like there was no way they could lose, but this is a Philly team we're talking about here

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

shyduck posted:

They also had beaten the Bucs in the regular season,

same with the 03 Panthers and 08 Cards. I'm not saying any of them were bad teams, or that they weren't very good teams, in fact. but when you combine a regular season win + home playoff game I'm not really willing to say any of them were unambiguously "better" than the Eagles

e: remembered the 08 Cards game was away. but iirc we beat them like 45-17 in the regular season

indigi fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 16, 2017

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The only reason the Cards beat us was due to Larry deciding that was the game he was going to activate stupid superhuman powers.

If we had come up against any other AFC team in the Superbowl apart from the Pats team in the midst of a loving dynasty we probably win.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
also if your quarterback didn’t puke himself

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

corn on the cop posted:

also if your quarterback didn’t puke himself

Belichick gave McNabb food poisoning

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://twitter.com/SlaterNFL/status/931267076467118081

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

How does the Eagles front 7 rank compared to the rest of the league?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Definitely top 10, maybe top 5?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:rip: Dak Prescott

The fans wanted to replace Romo. You did. Now you find yourself on the verge of becoming him.:shepface:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Cowboys Eagles game rapidly went from a must-watch to NFC East fans only

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I think they'll be able to protect Dak better since they've had a week to think and plan for it. They lost Smith last week as a game-time no-go, right?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Vengarr posted:

I think they'll be able to protect Dak better since they've had a week to think and plan for it. They lost Smith last week as a game-time no-go, right?

Not really. He went out early during the previous game

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

its ok i guess

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Well, at least Dallas knows Byron Bell sucks. Chaz Green has never played as badly as he did in Atlanta. Clayborn beat him with the same move every single time.

The real problem is missing Sean Lee. The defense funnels plays toward him, and he covers for mistakes by others repeatedly. Cowboys failed to address his backup in the offseason.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Tom Sellout posted:

Well, at least Dallas knows Byron Bell sucks. Chaz Green has never played as badly as he did in Atlanta. Clayborn beat him with the same move every single time.

The real problem is missing Sean Lee. The defense funnels plays toward him, and he covers for mistakes by others repeatedly. Cowboys failed to address his backup in the offseason.

Losing Lee wouldn't have hurt nearly as bad if we had kept Church, but we hosed up badly there

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Metapod posted:

Lol Mariota is better than wentz

:thunk:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

... at throwing picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Is it 100 percent that Tyron isn't playing? People seem to be throwing around conflicting Twitter reports.

• Locked thread