Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm not going to defend the game, because I have no interest in playing it, but if someone else is having fun playing a thing you don't like, leave them the gently caress alone. Trying to bully people into only playing the things you approve of is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Sinteres posted:

I'm not going to defend the game, because I have no interest in playing it, but if someone else is having fun playing a thing you don't like, leave them the gently caress alone. Trying to bully people into only playing the things you approve of is ridiculous.

:same:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Sinteres posted:

gently caress that poo poo. This kind of equivocating "well it's only a game" bullshit is what makes gaming stores and cons dens of smelly white male nerds. If you're playing a game that is morally objectionable, that is objectifying and marginalizing to other people, you are inviting that imagery into gaming spaces and approving of it. You are endorsing that. And I refuse to let gaming spaces be delineated by needing to breed your female characters, or fighting impregnated mind slaves. Get out of here with that trash.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Arivia posted:

gently caress that poo poo. This kind of equivocating "well it's only a game" bullshit is what makes gaming stores and cons dens of smelly white male nerds. If you're playing a game that is morally objectionable, that is objectifying and marginalizing to other people, you are inviting that imagery into gaming spaces and approving of it. You are endorsing that. And I refuse to let gaming spaces be delineated by needing to breed your female characters, or fighting impregnated mind slaves. Get out of here with that trash.

You should definitely go to a convention and yell at everyone who does something you find objectionable until they change their behavior to suit you.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Sinteres posted:

You should definitely go to a convention and yell at everyone who does something you find objectionable until they change their behavior to suit you.

This is called activism and it works!

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Sinteres posted:

Yes, having parents, siblings, and spouses who are just being introduced to tabletop gaming stumble into any of TG's spreading shitholes of misogyny or racism can't possibly affect me.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

homullus posted:

Yes, having parents, siblings, and spouses who are just being introduced to tabletop gaming stumble into any of TG's spreading shitholes of misogyny or racism can't possibly affect me.

Giving your opinion about the game is fine, and if that makes people feel differently then cool. After that point though, if people enjoy it and want to continue playing, screaming at them like a deranged person is probably more likely to change their opinion of you than the game. If you're determined to attack someone, attack the designer, not the players.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

The addition of minis is honestly a turn off for me because they just seem unnecessary, but if it helps the game get funded I'll take it. Also not a fan of early bird tiers but same reasoning makes me ambivalent.

Now that I've complained I'm gonna say I'm pretty excited for the game and really like the look of it. Here's hoping it funds this time!

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Sinteres posted:

Giving your opinion about the game is fine, and if that makes people feel differently then cool. After that point though, if people enjoy it and want to continue playing, screaming at them like a deranged person is probably more likely to change their opinion of you than the game. If you're determined to attack someone, attack the designer, not the players.

Both are complicit - the designer for making the bullshit in the first place and the players for providing a market to legitimize and propagate the bullshit. Addressing one doesn't deal with the problem effectively.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Oh my god shut up about Kingdom Rapedeath already and look at a good Kingdom, Kings of War: Vanguard which has a few hours left, and in stretch goal terms has blown through the important stuff and is now unlocking single figure mercenaries that will get made either way.

$150

Some new Dwarves because the CEOs ary is dwarves, so only art no renders $45

And a $30 pledge for just rules and tokens, a 2 player starter for $85, add on Warbands for $45 each, and some other add ons and levels.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 17, 2017

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Sinteres posted:

It's very telling that you feel saying "games should not be rapey, sexist, or racist" is a sign of derangement.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

homullus posted:

It's very telling that you feel saying "games should not be rapey, sexist, or racist" is a sign of derangement.

I actually said that giving an opinion on the game itself is fine, but deliberately misunderstanding things seems to be the idea here so go nuts.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think I'll ever understand why people men so often feel it necessary to join a debate with, "Hey everyone, I have no strong feelings about this or stake in it, but I need to give my opinion anyway, and it's that you all should go about expressing your views differently."

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Sinteres posted:

That was my point. Glad someone sees where I'm coming from.

Sinteres posted:

Arivia posted:

This is called activism and it works!

No, it doesn't.

Looks pretty cool, would pledge if I could :smith:. Will there be a Goon exclusive mini? :p

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am also excited for Kings of War: Vanguard. I thought I was set at the Giant Pledge, but I had to get that goblin on an iguana.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

kinkouin posted:

Looks pretty cool, would pledge if I could :smith:. Will there be a Goon exclusive mini? :p

I can't pledge either, so do what I've done, back for $1 at no level and you'll get into the pledge manager when they open it in January. If I still can't pledge in January, I've got way bigger problems than losing a dollar.

No Goon exclusive, but there will be a new Blaine mini, the interdimensional mercenary who appears in all of their games, fantasy and scifi

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 17, 2017

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

nah think I'm gonna continue to say that people who pay money for a game sold on the back of sexual assault minis and lovingly detailed plastic titties are gross and awful

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Sinteres posted:

You have no right to shame how I celebrate my birthdays.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

You go to your local game store's weekly board game night, and have discovered that a group of people have set up a game of Kingdom Death Monster with the rulebook splayed out to a questionable picture. You don't know the game but you see the rulebook, a giant box, and some tiddy minis around the table. The people involved seem like they're waiting for their friend to arrive.

>

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know much about miniatures, is resin good or bad? What about the transparent resin they're doing the ice elementals in, is that gonna be basically the same as transparent plastic?

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

I can't pledge either, so do what I've done, back for $1 at no level and you'll get into the pledge manager when they open it in January. If I still can't pledge in January, I've got way bigger problems than losing a dollar.

No Goon exclusive, but there will be a new Blaine mini, the interdimensional mercenary who appears in all of their games, fantasy and scifi

Yeah, I do that and help other Goons get in on late backing. I dont really take any off the top for any of the ones I back.

Probably going to hold off this though, I dont expect I'd get into that game for a while.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I am interested in Kingdom Death minis, but have a few questions.

1. Are they mostly smooth, or a lot of jagged edges?
2. What is the normal diameter of these minis?
3. Will certain chemicals and/or food make the minis deteriorate, or is a clear coating required?
4. How sturdy are the kingdom death minis?

Thank you.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

I don't think I'll ever understand why people men so often feel it necessary to join a debate with, "Hey everyone, I have no strong feelings about this or stake in it, but I need to give my opinion anyway, and it's that you all should go about expressing your views differently."

Society teaches men that their opinions matter more and that they should be the ones directing discourse. It bleeds into general behavior and makes a lot of people insufferable.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

dwarf74 posted:

3. Will certain chemicals and/or food make the minis deteriorate, or is a clear coating required?

Thank you.

1. Good mix of both, depending on which boss.
2. Not sure.
3. Clear coat is almost always recommended with minis just to extend their life.
4. Pretty sturdy aside from Spidicules, who is a weird/large spider on tiny spindles. A lot of them are pretty meaty/thick from what I've seen.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

dwarf74 posted:

Thank you.

dont put them in ur butt

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Chill la Chill posted:

You go to your local game store's weekly board game night, and have discovered that a group of people have set up a game of Kingdom Death Monster with the rulebook splayed out to a questionable picture. You don't know the game but you see the rulebook, a giant box, and some tiddy minis around the table. The people involved seem like they're waiting for their friend to arrive.

>

I liked the one about the tortoise better.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Cat Face Joe posted:

dont put them in ur butt

:rip: Moola

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Chill la Chill posted:

>

go door

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Falstaff posted:

I liked the one about the turtle better.

this is 2049

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

NTRabbit posted:

Oh my god shut up about Kingdom Rapedeath already and look at a good Kingdom, Kings of War: Vanguard which has a few hours left, and in stretch goal terms has blown through the important stuff and is now unlocking single figure mercenaries that will get made either way.

$150

And a $30 pledge for just rules and tokens, a 2 player starter for $85, add on Warbands for $45 each, and some other add ons and levels.

I'm glad I have no talent for painting because those are gorgeous.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Chill la Chill posted:

I would probably have a difficult decision to make if 18xx's and splotter games came with tiddy art and tiddy minis. Especially because as we've seen with ships and planes, train-girls would most definitely be an easy thing to market.

I'd play The Great Quim Barbie.

Also two different versions of 1869 already exist.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

>

>Get Dagger

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

>

>TAKE BOAT

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
dorf and dog

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

NTRabbit posted:

$150

I really hope this doesn't get lost as everybody scrolls past yet another Kingdom Rapedeath slapfight.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Guy Goodbody posted:

dorf and dog

Pet dog

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

You turn around to (take door/get __) but the KDM people have noticed you. One starts excitedly talking about the horrific monsters in the game while other says there’s an open seat at the table. You try to ignore the sounds but they are approaching

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

You turn around to (take door/get __) but the KDM people have noticed you. One starts excitedly talking about the horrific monsters in the game while other says there’s an open seat at the table. You try to ignore the sounds but they are approaching

> kill all nerds

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Chill la Chill posted:

> Do activism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

> kill all nerds

Suicide is a sin. Are you sure?

>