Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

To still somehow make catching over 3 bodies while getting trucked by the safety?

Sark's a moron, but the Cowboys game showed me he's at least starting to understand that he needs to dial up plays to take advantage of the attention Julio is getting.

Yea, it's been rough so far with Sark. The Dallas game started pretty meh but he seemed to dial it in after. It's hard to be optimistic with this team based on what's gone down this year but they are right there in the thick of at least a wild card. If the offense gets their footing, they could easily go on a run.

If if if!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Yea, it's been rough so far with Sark. The Dallas game started pretty meh but he seemed to dial it in after. It's hard to be optimistic with this team based on what's gone down this year but they are right there in the thick of at least a wild card. If the offense gets their footing, they could easily go on a run.

If if if!

I'm prepped for 7 and 0 to close out the year. gently caress the haters.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

I'm prepped for 7 and 0 to close out the year. gently caress the haters.

I'm in a wait and see mode til after Seattle before I join you. :ohdear:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If if if!

Right around the time Sean Lee went out.

Yeah, weird.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Right around the time Sean Lee went out.

Yeah, weird.

It was also right around the time Devonta went out and Julio got mugged on a few routes too... hrm

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I mean i think any dallas fan will tell you the difference between the dallas defense being competent and being a total dumpster fire is the status of sean lee's impending soft tissue injury

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I mean i think any dallas fan will tell you the difference between the dallas defense being competent and being a total dumpster fire is the status of sean lee's impending soft tissue injury

Even without Sean Lee, the Falcons aren't the 2016 version of themselves. It was nice to see them put up north of 25 points.

The story of the day last week wasn't Eliot being out, it was their loving left tackle. Woof.

I didn't even notice they put Byron Bell in until I watched replays. BYRON BELL IS STILL IN FOOTBALL. :stonk:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yeah if Tyron Smith is out for an extended period of time that might be it for the cowboys.

Real easy to see who's the straw that stirs the drink on that offense.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

It was also right around the time Devonta went out and Julio got mugged on a few routes too... hrm

Free went out much earlier on his first carry

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He should have been out after the mike adams hit against carolina.

i could hear it from the other corner of the stadium.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Yes but the concussion protocol works because

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yes but the concussion protocol works because
lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Yea that's just freaking embarrassing. Player safety I tell ya!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This should be the bye week for the Bucs. Would have been good timing with the possibility of Jameis returning next week.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

That Works posted:

yeah that's why I put in 'call his own plays' !

And yeah this is a ridiculous draft year for us. Lattimore alone would have been enough to really help the team but having Kamara and Ramczack (sp?) are just great.

Ramczyk filled in for Strief and has not missed a beat, which is quite impressive. His first game was being thrown to the wolves against Everson Griffen where he struggled a bit but has been quite good since.

We also somehow pulled out two starting quality players with 3rd rounders Marcus Williams (at free safety) and Alex Anzalone (weak side linebacker). Though Anzalone is on IR now, it is still amazing that the Saints drafted 5 starting quality rookies with this past draft. One of the best draft classes I've ever seen for any team if the production holds.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 16, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Saints are winning the whole loving thing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
gently caress the Saints

gently caress the Falcons too

While I’m at it gently caress the Panthers I guess

Go Bucs

gently caress the Bucs too

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater basically summed up my feelings on the matter.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

Joey Freshwater basically summed up my feelings on the matter.

Hell, same

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Silly Burrito posted:

Saints are winning the whole loving thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-hDl6OALv4

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If the panthers offensive resurgence is legit the new Orleans game becomes a while lot more interesting.

Olsen coming back should open things up a whole lot more too.

My only concern is if Kuechly cant stay healthy the defense has a big gently caress off hole. When he went out the game against Philly was pretty much done.

Playoffs always have a clownball element. If you can just get in and stay healthy all bets are kind of off at that point.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Joey Freshwater posted:

gently caress the Saints

Go Bucs

I like Gerald McCoy. I do not like the rapist crab leg thief.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

I like Gerald McCoy. I do not like the rapist crab leg thief.

Hell same

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/930851539450826752?s=17

That lady really wanted to drive the point home that he gets a lifetime of benefits

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

xpostin from N/V

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

No one could have seen this coming

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Joey Freshwater posted:

gently caress the Saints

Go Bucs

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Jesus Christ.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

That Works posted:

No one could have seen this coming

Indulge a noob. Has he got form?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
He was involved in an infamous sexual assault case at FSU that ended with no charges filed because FSU was really good at the time and he was their star QB. The Tallahassee police basically purposefully smothered the case so they could keep winning.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

And don’t get me started on his crab leg theft

Jesus Christ Jameis. Fire him into the sun.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It seems like he's just a flabby jerk who's not very good at his job.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It seems like he's just a flabby jerk who's not very good at his job.

I always figured he was a goon

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

zimbomonkey posted:

He was involved in an infamous sexual assault case at FSU that ended with no charges filed because FSU was really good at the time and he was their star QB. The Tallahassee police basically purposefully smothered the case so they could keep winning.

EJ Manuel was the QB at the time and Jameis was a RS freshman but it doesn't really matter because he raped a woman. Either way the whole thing was shady as gently caress.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
As I recall the incident happened when he was a freshman but the cover up happened when the allegations surfaced the next year while he was playing. My memory is a little fuzzy now though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Bring back good and wholesome Mike Glennon.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

:yeah:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Excellent idea!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I would be super happy to let the Steelers remain the only fans who have to cheer for a rapist QB.

Please fire Jameis.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Way to Falcons the game, Washington :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Finally I can be free of this Avatar

• Locked thread