Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Parmesan
Nov 30, 2007

I TAKE PHOTOS OF OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN IN PLANET FITNESS
I've seen large overweight families in golden corral hold hands and pray before their meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
College launching disciplinary actions against me because of Political Satire[Oregon]
(self.legaladvice)

quote:

Me and a few friends in college decided to start a prank-channel that's main focus would be creating provocative posters and leaflets that on the surface appeared to be extreme right but are actually extreme left and would involve observing how people react before and after they notice the political slant of them. My College either doesn't understand satire or is trying to suppress my political viewpoints and is now launching disciplinary actions against me for this piece of political discourse.

They claim that I have been using their public spaces and distributing flyers without prior permission which is ridiculous as no other political organization has had to gain permission before doing any of these things. Additionally, they claim that I have been publishing videos of people without their consent which is ridiculous as all my footage has been in public places.

They are demanding that I seize my activities immediately and write an apolgy letter. What are my legal options ?

quote:

Private or public university?

quote:

Non-profit Private

quote:

Private schools are an entirely different beast than public universities.

Either apologize and stop activities or risk any punishments from the school.

quote:

I thought I had freedom of speech and even private organizations that accept goverment funding can't just kick people out of their private spaces for their political views

quote:

The first amendment protects you from actions taken by the government, and case law supports allowing a permitting process for the municipality.

You’re just wrong.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Good Parmesan posted:

I've seen large overweight families in golden corral hold hands and pray before their meal.

And they should. People that fat could die at any time.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

The smaller the town, the bigger the problem. :banjo:

I(23F) knowingly slept with two guys(21&26) who are related, and now I think they’re both pissed.

quote:

I have been friends with a guy for about 6-7 months now. We kinda started a FWB situation a couple weeks ago. Then I asked if he knew a guy I was going on a date with last Friday. Turns out, my date is my friend’s cousin. So I went on the date, things went well, we hooked up. We have hung out a couple times since then. He asked if I knew his cousin and I told him yes, we’re friends. He mentioned at one point that they don’t get along and have had issues with both going after the same girl before. He said “anyone who has slept with my cousin is just off the table for me” but didn’t ask me “did you sleep with him” and I wasn’t going to volunteer that information.

I slept with my friend the day before my first date(right after I asked if he knew the guy), then gave my friend a blowie after my first date(that he knew about and who it was with), after what my date said about his cousin.

Honestly, at first I didn’t really care for my date. I wasn’t feeling anything so I didn’t care. Then, last night he did some very sweet things and I started feeling a little something for him. I was actually out shopping for a birthday gift for him today because his birthday is Sunday.

I texted my friend after work to ask if he was up for me bringing some pizza over. His response was “did you hook up with my cousin?” I said yes and he said “I’m not hungry” then deleted me on Snapchat.

Immediately after that my date texted me “WRUD?” I said I’m on my way home and asked him what he was up to. He said “on your way home huh?” And after I said yes he hasn’t responded. I’m assuming his cousin told him that we have slept together, and maybe told him I asked about dinner tonight assuming I was trying to sleep with him again? But we used to hang out and not have sex so idk why we couldn’t now.

Anyway, I know now it was lovely and I mishandled things. At the time I was thinking “date and I aren’t exclusive, so this is fine.” Not really accounting for the fact that they’re related and that does matter.

The third problem with all this is that they both work with my ex-husband(small town problems).... who is an rear end in a top hat and if he finds any of this out will tell my entire family, whom are all firm believers in abstinence like he is.

TL;DR: I had sex with two cousins within a few days of each other and I need to do damage control, if it’s even possible. Also... on a scale of 1-10 how lovely was what I did?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Doggles posted:

I(23F) knowingly slept with two guys(21&26) who are related, and now I think they’re both pissed.

Move multiple states away from your creepy as heck small town in the middle of nowhere to a large city/metro area and stop dating/sleeping with idiot manchildren?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Doggles posted:

Another case of "stupid girl sows drama, is in the process of reaping her crops."

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Have you ever wanted to read Flowers for Algernon, but have it be about open relationships instead?

I fell for my FWB and it is ruining my marriage

quote:

My (28f) FWB (26m) (6wk relationship) and I had an extremely physical and instantaneous connection. Like more into each other than I have ever had in my life. This was something my husband (28m) (6years) knew about and encouraged to spice up our sex life. However, I fell hard and fast for the FWB who has no feelings, that I knew of, in return.

I told my husband that due to how I was feeling, I no longer felt connected and that maybe we should separate. But due to family and various other reasons, we decided to stay together and give our marriage a shot. I don’t feel connected to him and I know I either need to leave or make it work. I broke it off with the FWB and we have zero contact with each other at all.

Another thing, I can’t let my thoughts of the FWB go away. He’s all I think about. I feel like I lost something that made me so happy to return to a relationship in which I was unhappy. It’s not abusive it awful.... it has no passion in it anymore and I crave the desire I had with my FWB. Help.

TL;DR
Feelings for FWB stopping me from moving forward in my marriage

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Doggles posted:

Have you ever wanted to read Flowers for Algernon, but have it be about open relationships instead?

I fell for my FWB and it is ruining my marriage
I'm honestly speechless :gonk:

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol sorry to whoever I'm outing, this is 5 years old:
My boyfriend [twenty three] and I [a girl of twenty two years of age] are hitting serious turbulence in our relatinship [that is more or less a year old] over e-drama.

Lol I once made my ex super mad because I linked him a picture of some otters from the PYF cute thread without realising the paywall was up; he shouted at me about not having an SA account and gave me the silent treatment all night.

Some weeks later he went off on a mad rant about Goonswarm bullying his EVE corp and lowkey accused me of emotional treachery for being a goon. Don't date redditors kids.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Werong Bustope posted:

Lol I once made my ex super mad because I linked him a picture of some otters from the PYF cute thread without realising the paywall was up; he shouted at me about not having an SA account and gave me the silent treatment all night.

Some weeks later he went off on a mad rant about Goonswarm bullying his EVE corp and lowkey accused me of emotional treachery for being a goon. Don't date redditors kids.

I don't know what 'emotional treachery' is, but when I become a supervillain that will be my crime spree.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Werong Bustope posted:

Don't Date Redditors: the new Don't Date Goons.

My spellcheck tried to change that to "Don't date Redactors."

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Don't date anyone.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Meeting guy off Tinder at their house?

quote:

So, I’ve(20/F) been talking to this guy(36/M) that I met off Tinder for a couple weeks. Everything he’s told me seems to check out and he doesn’t seem like he’s a psychopath. He told me he’s moving this weekend so I used that as an opportunity to offer my help if he needed it. I’m just wondering if meeting this guy for the first time at his place is a dumb idea. I’ve already planned to send his address/phone number/picture to my best friend and have her regularly check up on me. Is that about the extent to it?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

maskenfreiheit posted:

Meeting guy off Tinder at their house?

Why? Asking someone to help them move is like pro level friendship, I don't even like helping my best friends do it.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

blarzgh posted:

I don't know what 'emotional treachery' is, but when I become a supervillain that will be my crime spree.

As in fraternising with the enemy.

And now: beans

Me [23 F] with my roommate, she keeps using my tupperware for beans. I hate beans

u/Ih8thatmagicalfruit posted:

My roommate likes to use my tupperware which is fine I guess because I have plenty. However, I hate beans. For some reason, they just disgust me. Seeing them makes me sick. I see my tupperware sitting in the sink with beans in it. It makes me never want to use it again. It is okay for me to ask her not to use my tupperware for beans. I mean it is my tupperware. She did ask if she could use one piece once, but hasn't asked since and just uses it all the time.

tl;dr: Roomie uses my tupperware and puts beans in it. Beans disgust me. Don't want her to use it for beans.

small ghost fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 17, 2017

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I;m thinking about those Beans

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't understand how anyone can hate beans.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

chumbler posted:

1st world palate

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Werong Bustope posted:

Don't date redditors kids.

dont date people that take computer playtime seriously.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

chumbler posted:

Really bad cook? I have had some awful bean dishes but I don't hold it against beans themselves.

The_end
May 17, 2014

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I;m thinking about those Beans

I need them beans.

The_end
May 17, 2014

Good Parmesan posted:

They are praying that they don't get kick out again.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

datajugend posted:

dont date people that take computer playtime seriously.

My brother in law that lived with us for several years was a publicly out redditor and after an uneasy few years we were able to reach detente. It can work!

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
DANK LEAK:

I Reddit

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

is anyone surprised

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Werong Bustope posted:

The hate for Goons within EVE can't be understated. I've met other people IRL who happened to play EVE and instantly were "wait, THOSE guys?!" haha

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

I'm losing my grip on which ones we've had before but I'm gonna post this one anyway

My (M25) now good friend and former bully (M25) possibly became friends with me under false pretences

quote:

Hi folks, really feel lost and mixed up, could use a bit of advice.

In highschool I was bullied by a guy called Brad (name changed) and his two buddies. All three were huge guys (still are) and all did a lot of sports and athletics. There was no defending against them, even if they were alone, and they all bullied me quite a bit.

The bullying itself wasn't severe but it wasn't light. It sometimes got a bit physical, but never to the point of needing stitches or anything. Just throwing me around, wrestling ect. One of them lived close by so knew where I lived, they'd follow me home sometimes and shout stuff. The emotional bullying was the worst of it. I was lucky I had good friends, we helped each other through it - if I didn't have them, I think I'd be in a much worse place emotionally.

Moved on after high school and got a degree, and then moved back near to my hometown and got a job I liked. I reconnected with old friends and we hung out like old times. My parents retired to Spain so I just rented their house and maintained it. Always strictly kept it "their house" because the rent was good (I tried to give them more but they said no). One of the things I did do was build a big shed with a TV, so we could all hang out there and watch movies and play xbox. It was fun. It was actually quite fancy, like a large comfortable living room, we had a fridge for beer and stuff.

One Thursday night we went to a friend's house party, we walked in and there was Brad and his two goons. It was a shock seeing them right there after so long, but I got over it and had a good time. I didn't speak to them but I saw Brad make eye contact a few times.

After a while I said goodbye and went to leave, but as I did so, Brad comes up to me and says "Hey Andy, good to see you". He did that weird salesman double handshake thing, I just said hello. He then said he wanted to talk for a minute, I just said no and that I was leaving.

He didn't take no for an answer, put his arm around my shoulders and herded me into the adjacent hall. He was still taller than average, so I felt pretty intimidated. It was awful. I felt just like a kid again.

It didn't go as expected, he basically said he was really sorry for the years of bullying, and instead of asking for an apology, he said "I don't expect or deserve an apology but please give me a chance to make up for it a bit."

I was surprised by the entire thing so didn't say much. After a bit, he said "So when can I see this shed of yours?" It really caught me off guard that he knew about the shed, small town gossip I guess. I had no idea what to say, just went Ummm so he pressed on and said "I'll come over tomorrow night and bring some beer". I told him no, that nobody would be there, he just said "even better, just you and me bud".

He came to the shed the next night, at first it was massively awkward but he just talked over it until we were sitting down and drinking beer. He gave a longer version of the 'apology' from the previous night. It was heartfelt and he seemed completely genuine. He talked about the other two guys and what assholes they could be, and he hoped they too would grow up someday and be better people.

He also asked if my brother was home because he knew him from the gym (this becomes relevant later). I just said that he moved out but still lived nearby.

We drank and talked - he asked questions about how I had been and was genuinely interested in what I had to say. I did the same. I thought I would have been angrier at the bullying, but he was clearly a changed guy so it wasn't a big deal at all.

Long story short, he kept coming back to the shed, and over time we actually became good friends. We'd watch tv and movies in the shed and play xbox games, and just talk to each other. He could talk about stuff with me that he couldn't with his regular friends, and I was the same - conversations we just wouldn't have otherwise. We both learned a lot from each other and grew as people, I think.

I once joked in the shed that he was just "using me to grow a personality". After we drunkenly laughed it off, he looked at me and said "Seriously though, you've been a really good bro to me over the past few years, I just want you to know that. You've been the best friend a guy could hope for."

Anyway, he was supposed to come over last night but he cancelled, so instead of spending the night on my own I went with another friend to a pub. As I walked in, his 2 old friends were in a smoking area and couldn't see me. I heard one say to the small group "Yeah Brad's not coming, he's with Andy O_____. He only talks to the fag so he can score gear from his big bro".

I have a rare surname in this country, there is nobody else he could have meant. And my brother does deal in steroids (which is another huge can of worms but one I'm not involved in). Brad does bodybuild and since I've know him he's gained weight consistent with steroid use.

So that throwaway sentence kindof checks out completely. I felt like I was kicked in the stomach. I had forgiven this person and let the past go, even made a new friend in the process. Now it might have all been this massive lie.

We've been friends for years. What do I do? Should I tell him what I heard? What if he denies it, or makes something up? What if he admits to it, can/should I stay friends with him?

Has this happened to anyone here?

Thanks for listening, I'm sorry it was so long. Any help and advice is appreciated.

TLDR; A former bully apologized to me and we became good friends, but I overheard his friends talking, and the apology/friendship might have all just been a way to open a line of communication with my drug-dealing brother.

brad gay. so what

small ghost fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 17, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Werong Bustope posted:

I'm losing my grip on which ones we've had before but I'm gonna post this one anyway

My (M25) now good friend and former bully (M25) possibly became friends with me under false pretences

brad gay. so what

i mean, if this is some small english town or whatever couldn't he just talk to him in a pub or something? i find it hard to believe his brother is like ONLY IF YOU PUT IN 2 HOURS IN MY BROTHER'S NERD CAVE CAN YOU HAVE YOUR MUSCLE MILK

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Werong Bustope posted:

brad gay. so what

Wow, this sure is at least one grown man engaging in some middle school bullshit.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

chumbler posted:

One of my friends became allergic to beans a couple of years ago. It's sad because he really likes beans.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

One of my friends became allergic to beans a couple of years ago. It's sad because he really likes beans.

sad to hear about your friend's music career ending

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

maskenfreiheit posted:

sad to hear about your friend's music career ending

Heh

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

LethalGeek posted:

The hate for Goons within EVE can't be understated. I've met other people IRL who happened to play EVE and instantly were "wait, THOSE guys?!" haha

Oh yes it can. Goons wreck pubbies, scam their corps, and steal their territories. Anyone in goonswarm will tell you goons are bad at EVE, but I've played both with and against goons and they suck way less than everyone else.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

mllaneza posted:

Oh yes it can. Goons wreck pubbies, scam their corps, and steal their territories. Anyone in goonswarm will tell you goons are bad at EVE, but I've played both with and against goons and they suck way less than everyone else.

I did that for a little while (goonswarm/EVE) but it felt a lot like work. I'm gonna guess people who truly enjoy that don't actually need to use excel and plan budgets and poo poo for a living.

The absolute non-ethical "business practices" were almost funny enough to keep doing it. Well, mostly the reactions of other people to those practices.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Vilerat famously was a major EVE diplomat and irl...worked for an ambassador
https://kotaku.com/the-extraordinary-mischievous-too-short-life-of-sean-481060252

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I really want a good place to read up on Goonswarm stuff without actually being part of Goonswarm.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Doggles posted:

The story was boring, but your intro is hilarious and I want an opportunity to say those words in real life.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

Bros before hos:

My (23f) dad (50s) is still friends with my ex-BF (24m together 4 years before breaking up). I think out of loyalty to me, my dad should stop hanging out with ex, my dad says "you broke up, I didn't." What can I do?Breakups (self.relationships)

This is quite possibly the best self own I've seen on Reddit in a while.

I legit had something similar happen to me. One of my first long term gf's I got really close with her family, felt like her sister was a sister I never had and loved just chillin with her mom too. We broke up when she cheated on me but even half a dozen years later her sister swings down for weekend trips to visit me prolly once a year and her mom still chats with me on social media. I dunno it's just like they're sort of extended relatives and none of us felt we had to throw that away.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Me [34 F] with my boss [50s/F] of 3 months, I got out of the shower this morning and she was in my house

quote:

I have a short term contract job on a very rural college campus. There's only 75 people here, including staff. I've been here for three months, I have one more to go. My boss is really quirky, but in general I like her. We teach art.

This morning I skipped breakfast (staff is provided breakfast and lunch) because I've got a cold and don't feel so great. I live alone, but when I got out of the shower, I heard someone walking around in my house. I was dripping wet, wearing only a towel and I rushed to my bedroom door to see who it was. I opened the door and my boss was standing outside my bedroom, with some random cell phone in her hand. She asked "Is this yours??" I seriously stood there with my mouth open for about 3 seconds before saying no. Then she told me she was heading to work. I don't even think I responded, just shut my door.

I took this job because it's an amazing place to put on my resume and it WILL get me jobs after this. I'm NOT okay with this. I'm fuming mad at the weird invasion of privacy. How do I approach her to say I'm livid that she thought she could walk into my house at 8 in the morning just to ask me a dumb question? Why would someone think that's okay? Now she's accusing me of not being myself today. I can't even look at her without feeling angry. How do I approach this without being mean/angry? I NEED this job for future referrals!

EDIT TO ADD: The campus is the entire town. There are only 75 people in the surrounding 10 miles- NONE of the buildings on campus have locks except the school store and the directors office. I can't add one. The only "common area" of the house is the kitchen and it has a separate entrance. It is NOT a dorm. Anytime there is going to be a guest instructor staying in my house, I'm given advance notice.

SECOND EDIT: Gracias all you helpful people. I've cooled down quite a bit from this morning and your comments helped me realize that I shouldn't think of the house as just mine. I still think it's weird but I think I'll be okay telling her it creeped me out having someone in the house without expecting it. Also, I now know about 75 different places to buy locks, should I ever need to.

tl;dr: I got out of the shower this morning, heard someone in my house. Opened my bedroom door and my boss was standing there. How do I handle this professionally when I'm fuming mad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Move multiple states away from your creepy as heck small town in the middle of nowhere to a large city/metro area and stop dating/sleeping with idiot manchildren?

Small town or not I think there's a general social rule of not banging multiple people in the same family tree.

Particularly when one was very upfront about that dynamic and you lie about it.