Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
sounds like more in Hope than expectation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

PCP takes over Newcastle

Explains the horse punching

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
loving lmao

https://twitter.com/Jack_Gaughan/status/930110691574468609

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I have no clue what "expected goals" means.

e: apparently it's an insanely convoluted stat which means "good chances"

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 13, 2017

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

blue footed boobie posted:

I have no clue what "expected goals" means.

e: apparently it's an insanely convoluted stat which means "good chances"

it's a convoluted way of analysing chances so you can tell if the score is representative of the performances. Which you can also find out by just watching the game

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
actually scoring goals isn't important now, it's the opportunities that you had to score in but didn't that truly makes a great team

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
The actual opportunities created is a bit blunt, we should use expected opportunities instead imo.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
You don't have to score goals to win games but he wins games.

No wait :confused:

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Lads, I cannot believe David Moyes is back in management in the Premier League in 2017.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gold Sexy Body posted:

Lads, I cannot believe David Moyes is back in management in the Premier League in 2017.

It’s a sad state of affairs OP

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

julian assflange posted:

It’s a sad state of affairs OP

Actually it's both insanely cool and good.

David Moyes should have a Premier League job for the rest of his natural life tbh IMO

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
They say you don't have to manage a club to be a manager...

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Install David Moyes as some sort of permanent fixture in the premier league for life.

Not a mascot as such, just I want him around, giving press conferences for the rest of time.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I have a feeling Moyes will do okay at West Ham.

Arsenal are going to get smashed on Saturday.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

blue footed boobie posted:

I have a feeling Moyes will do okay at West Ham.

Arsenal are going to get smashed on Saturday.

I hope Moyes does something funny.

I hope Arsenal win against all the odds!!!

gently caress tha spuds lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
every team just voted to increase the number of live tv matches from 168 to at least 190 and maybe 210 a season to get even more money

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jose posted:

every team just voted to increase the number of live tv matches from 168 to at least 190 and maybe 210 a season to get even more money

Do BT and Sky have any more money to spaff on live football?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
no, but amazon and netflix do

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

tarbrush posted:

Do BT and Sky have any more money to spaff on live football?

saturday afternoon games on bbc 1

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Excited to see live football on twitter and facebook.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Eau de MacGowan posted:

no, but amazon and netflix do

That's be neat, I have both of those.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Pogba, Ibra and Rojo are fit for tomorrow, apparently.

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/931540795588579329

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I hadn't really seen many of their games this season, did Bilic just completely poo poo the bed or what? I thought Arnautovic, Zabaleta, Joe Fart and Chicharito weren't terrible signings for West Ham - shows what I know.

When was the last time a manager relegated two different teams in consecutive seasons?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

ozmunkeh posted:

I hadn't really seen many of their games this season, did Bilic just completely poo poo the bed or what? I thought Arnautovic, Zabaleta, Joe Fart and Chicharito weren't terrible signings for West Ham - shows what I know.

When was the last time a manager relegated two different teams in consecutive seasons?

Arnautovic has been entirely the bad part of his reputation, no goals and a really stupid red card.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

TheBigAristotle posted:

Arnautovic has been entirely the bad part of his reputation, no goals and a really stupid red card.

I guess never use MOTD as your only tool to scout players.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gold Sexy Body posted:

I hope Moyes does something funny.

I hope Arsenal win against all the odds!!!

gently caress tha spuds lmao

Arsenal always turn up for the NLD so I guess it’s possible, but spurs are much better at this point.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
How's Ogbonna doing these days? Does he even play anymore?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Gigi Galli posted:

How's Ogbonna doing these days? Does he even play anymore?

He's been very much 4th choice, he's alright on the ball carrying it out of defense but doesn't like to put a tackle in and gets caught out a lot positionally

ozmunkeh posted:

Chicharito and Zabaleta have been good, but Hart is no better than Adrian was and Arnautovic has been entirely anonymous in every game he's played. Bilic is a great motivator but a terrible tactician and coach, so we kept losing games until it came to a 'must win' and then he'd get the players fired up enough to win it and buy himself another month pretty much constantly

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
west ham have the 6th best XI in the league according to someone I play football with. only Everton and last year's top 4 are better

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bogan Krkic posted:

He's been very much 4th choice, he's alright on the ball carrying it out of defense but doesn't like to put a tackle in and gets caught out a lot positionally

Chicharito and Zabaleta have been good, but Hart is no better than Adrian was and Arnautovic has been entirely anonymous in every game he's played. Bilic is a great motivator but a terrible tactician and coach, so we kept losing games until it came to a 'must win' and then he'd get the players fired up enough to win it and buy himself another month pretty much constantly

Hart has always been a match of the day keeper, no better than al habsi as a shot stopper and was found out once kompany went on the Arsenal style injury list. Adrian was arguably better imo since he at least expected the defense to drop a bollock. Hart believed his own hype.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Breath Ray posted:

west ham have the 6th best XI in the league according to someone I play football with. only Everton and last year's top 4 are better

The people you play football with are stupid as poo poo. i play Sunday league with Evertonians who have more self-awareness.

Ninpo posted:

Hart has always been a match of the day keeper, no better than al habsi as a shot stopper and was found out once kompany went on the Arsenal style injury list. Adrian was arguably better imo since he at least expected the defense to drop a bollock. Hart believed his own hype.

What do you have against Al Habsi?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ninpo posted:

Adrian is great on MOTD too but he's got at least one massive gently caress up per game in him

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

ozmunkeh posted:

Buying tried and tested Premier League players you've heard of is so 1997

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Has big Tone taken the Wales job yet?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Thirteenth Step posted:

Has big Tone taken the Wales job yet?

He's waiting for the Swansea job to open up.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Remember when Saido Berahino was supposed to be really good, one for the future, fixture in the England team?

He hasn't scored a goal in 21 months.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

A daily mail writer posted this

https://twitter.com/AdamCrafton_/status/931457235171069953

To which arsenal replied post game

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/931895814720548864

And some sports writers are having a big cry

https://twitter.com/ncustisTheSun/status/932170954679226368
https://twitter.com/AdamCrafton_/status/932018916301434880
https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/932037404118175744

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
In the TYOOL 2017, people still don't get social media.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jacob Steinberg or whatever that horrible nerd is called is also having a righteous cry about it lol

• Locked thread