Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Anyone from the north end of Seattle ever take the bus or light rail to the stadium for Monday night football? I'm not really in a position where I can spend 50 bucks for parking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Given how Seattle is in general, I wouldn’t trust the bus unless I went pretty early.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Peachfart posted:

Anyone from the north end of Seattle ever take the bus or light rail to the stadium for Monday night football? I'm not really in a position where I can spend 50 bucks for parking.

How far north end are you talking? If you can get to one of the Link stations, you'll make it (but it'll be crowded as poo poo). Get off at International District, not Stadium.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Shindragon posted:

Just enjoy the colorful nature of Bart. :v:

It's not that bad honest, it just feels like a roulette when you get the crazies who somehow manage to stumble in.

Bart is good and cool, and you can sometimes run into Stomper, if you take it to an A's game.

Also it's broken down and lovely at all other times.

In many ways it's a perfect compliment to the Coliseum

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Peachfart posted:

I live in Ballard, and there's a pretty sweet thing at Northgate where you park at the weekday park and ride and buses go straight to the stadium on game days for like $8 round trip, all Hawks fans both ways

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've taken the train from the north and it dumps you right next to the stadium. It's cool.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I think I've only taken the bus to Seahawk/Mariner games from the north end, of course I also take the same buses to work every day, too.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Elizabeth Mills posted:

I live in Ballard, and there's a pretty sweet thing at Northgate where you park at the weekday park and ride and buses go straight to the stadium on game days for like $8 round trip, all Hawks fans both ways

This is the way to do it. You gotta bring cash, it's technically not a normal bus route so you can't use an ORCA card. I've done it from Eastgate and it works great.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

plester1 posted:

This is the way to do it. You gotta bring cash, it's technically not a normal bus route so you can't use an ORCA card. I've done it from Eastgate and it works great.

I think this bus service no longer exists. Just take the 41 and plan an hour to get there. Alternatively take link from uw, but it costs to park there (except on Sundays).

~Seahawks season ticket holder since 2005.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
The only seahawks game I've ever seen in person, I actually got down onto the field for pregame. The old man was getting some local high school coaches award and they let us hang out during pregame.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/931263871490199553

Something something definition of insanity something

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
He's totally just trying to psych out the Falcons. Trying to get them to plan th game around stopping the run when RW is literally the only game they have right now.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/931263871490199553

Something something definition of insanity something

maybe if he stopped telling opposing teams what he was going to do, they wouldn't stop the run so easily

just a thought

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
You guys should just line up Tyler Lockett in the back field and run option runs with him and RW, I would watch that.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

You guys should just line up Tyler Lockett in the back field and run option runs with him and RW, I would watch that.

:yeah:

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

If you live along 99 just hop on the Eline for a straight shot downtown. Get off on Columbia and kick rocks to the stadium. Any rapid ride will take you downtown

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I am up in Lynnwood, so I think Sound Transit 512 would be best. A shame they discontinued the shuttle.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I hope the Rams win the tough game this weekend

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Injuries the injury God!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
It looks like Larry Fitzgerald is gonna sign a 1 year extension for 2018.

could this dumb loving franchise just please not let Larry down for once, for god drat once

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Peachfart posted:

I am up in Lynnwood, so I think Sound Transit 512 would be best. A shame they discontinued the shuttle.

I also like how they were a bunch of lying jerks about canceling the shuttle service: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/transportation/seahawks-cancel-gameday-shuttle-service-from-the-eastside-to-centurylink-field/

quote:

In an announcement on its website, the team blamed Federal Transit Administration rules, which it says forbid Metro from operating the service. But that’s not the case, Metro says; it could continue to operate the shuttles as a subcontractor as it has since last year.

“Metro buses are available for contract and the Seahawks have the ability to contract for service and in this case we’re not being contracted for service,” Metro spokesman Jeff Switzer said. “I’m not in a position to comment on the decisions they’ve made about their announcement.”

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Tank44 posted:

I think this bus service no longer exists. Just take the 41 and plan an hour to get there. Alternatively take link from uw, but it costs to park there (except on Sundays).

~Seahawks season ticket holder since 2005.

Weird, I rode it to Game 2 vs the Niners this season. Maybe it’s only from Eastgate now?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Bubba Smith posted:

could this dumb loving franchise just please not let Larry down for once, for god drat once

I think he needs this season +1 game to be the sole #2 consecutive games with a reception rather than tying with tony gonzales.

and he's 140 catches behind tony on the all time receptions list.

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 17, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Larry can still play, so if he wants to give it another go then good on him

Only problem is we probably have no clue who will be throwing him the ball next year

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/931514592697524224

quote:

If Larry Fitzgerald plays in 2018, it will be with the Cardinals.

In reality, that was always the case. But with Fitzgerald’s contract scheduled to expire after this season, there was still potential free agency – a possibility that is now gone after the veteran wide receiver signed a one-year contract extension Friday morning.

The signing does not guarantee Fitzgerald will play next season – he considered retirement last offseason, and will consider his options again after this season – but it gives certainty for the organization that the face of the franchise won’t wear another team’s uniform.

$11M

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Nov 17, 2017

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Fun fact I just found out, Jon Ryan is the brother-in-law of the leader of Canada's Conservative Party

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful

Bubba Smith posted:

Fitz is the man. I say this as a 49er fan living in Phoenix. The only reason I'd ever cheer for the Cards to win anything ever is because that man deserves it... but it's sure as poo poo not gonna happen.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

TheFace posted:

Fitz is the man. I say this as a 49er fan living in Phoenix. The only reason I'd ever cheer for the Cards to win anything ever is because that man deserves it... but it's sure as poo poo not gonna happen.

Yep. I don't even care about a Super Bowl. Larry's last season shouldn't be a 5-11 outing or whatever the hell the Cards are gonna finish with. I just hope next year Larry claims a few records and possibly one more trip to the playoffs.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Wilson had to have his jaw reset after taking that nasty hit Thursday

Wilson's gonna die this season

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Did they reset his OS as well?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 17, 2017

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

drat imagine if he had a concussion

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Did they reset his OS as well?

Took the opportunity to install some firmware upgrades. Hopefully they fixed the issue with throwing panicked interceptions.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Leperflesh posted:

I've never been to a football game.

Probably gonna try and see a Raiders game before they leave for Las Vegas I guess?

I live in Las Vegas now, but I honestly doubt I'll still be here when the Raiders actually start playing games. My dad used to watch their games in LA and we went to a ton in Oakland. One one occasion we came back to the family minivan to find that the battery had been stolen lol. But I would love to see a Raiders game nowadays, they're not playing perfectly but it's pretty exciting. Thinking of moving to Denver but I'd rather die than count myself a Broncos fan.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
GG Rams.

gently caress Thursday night football

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
with the Seahawks dying can we change "bad" in the title to "godawful terrible"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
also I will never stop laughing if Jimmy G makes his debut against a bunch of Seattle backups and picks em apart

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Kam's out for the rest of the season
:suicide:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Current state of the Seahawks defense

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

I just heard about this. I gotta think the rest of the season is gonna be tough sledding. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Welp. Guess we're about to find out just how important Earl is, in isolation. RIP LOB.

• Locked thread