Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
the trainwreck guy, i think he was trying to say biotruths make men vulnerable to women on twitch through boobs or something

also something about people bullying you in highschool moving onto twitch

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

little munchkin posted:

lol what

you think you can install streaming software and fire up pubg, then people just magically show up and start paying their rent?

i can't think of a single top streamer who is actually entertaining. most of them are just people that are very good at a popular game and beyond that are obnoxious or boring(imaqtpie, singsing, trumpsc). they're legit people that just boot up obs and their game and play.

edit: lmao shakira and jlo have more twitter followers than donald trump.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 18, 2017

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Visidan posted:

the trainwreck guy, i think he was trying to say biotruths make men vulnerable to women on twitch through boobs or something

also something about people bullying you in highschool moving onto twitch

It's funny that guys like that can't come to grips with the fact that men like boobs and that's OK since then that means women have some form of power over them and we can't have that, can we? That's also what a lot of no-fap is about - mitigating female sexual power.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

And channeling your sexual energy to give you magic powers, don't forget.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

OwlFancier posted:

And channeling your sexual energy to give you magic powers, don't forget.

Being volcel may make you a wizard but loving a lot makes you a warlock and warlocks don't need to memorize spells. hth

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Just because something is related to having fun doesn't mean it can't be work. People often belittle my own profession just because they would doodle with crayons as a child.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah cool, they're back to the "witches enter men's bedchambers at night to sit on their chests and steal their nocturnal emissions for use in sorcery" stage of gender history.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Huzanko posted:

Nah, you have to install streaming software, fire up pubg, be super loud and obnoxious and get into fake drama and call people horrible poo poo THEN people show up and start paying your rent. Dude, the fourteen year olds who fuel Twitch are not very tough to please. You live in a world where PewDiePie is the 4th most popular YouTuber. https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/pewdiepie

i don't disagree that twitch is a vast wasteland but there's tons of obnoxious shits with <10 viewers. The successful ones got where they are by being marketing savvy and finding a way to tap into an extremely crowded market. No idea why you'd bring up pewdiepie when talking about a lack of talent/effort, hes been grinding out content for years, his videos all have good editing, and he puts a ton of effort into his persona and finding out what his audience responds to. He sucks but there's a reason all those 14 year olds with no standards chose to worship him over the thousands of other awful people who yell "rape" over footage of Five Nights At Freddies.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Visidan posted:

christ this guy can't even speak coherently how does he have a following

I swear mainstream gaming appeals to so many idiots (males 14-25) who have not built a solid vocabulary yet. "Yeah, like man, you know what im saying, I literally went in like uuuuhhhh, haha get it?"

EDIT:

Also, you were not kidding. This guy is mentally reliving high school (and I think he mentioned middle school, WTF). Classical "they won't sleep with me so they are sluts" sexism.

Midig fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 18, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Is Jordan Peterson the stupid man’s smart person?

http://www.macleans.ca/opinion/is-jordan-peterson-the-stupid-mans-smart-person/

quote:

he’s now hauling in around USD $50,000 a month through crowdfunding

gently caress me.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Who knew ranting about Disney movies being Marxist propaganda could be so profitable?

Also, Bunty got banned from Twitter, but people don't really know why. Always figured he was more of the useful idiot type than actively malicious.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

There was that one boob streamer, Kacey-something? she played league of legends and advertised herself as a professional gamer girl. It got the point I was adamant it was a wind up and she was playing the part of being the obvious gamer gurrl streamer or something. Her fans were rabid but the hatred for her was staggering as well.

kacey was the loving best dude. she’s on some next level improv poo poo, i love her

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

kacey was the loving best dude. she’s on some next level improv poo poo, i love her

Yea man we were the fuckin fan club. Also come down to diff you scrounger

little munchkin posted:

kaceytron is a parody/performance art type thing. she intentionally plays badly and acts dumb, then dudes give her money to act offended when they call her a "dumb whore" in their donation comment.

Was this actually figured out? I mean it seems so obviously the case but you never know.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

Was this actually figured out? I mean it seems so obviously the case but you never know.

it's extremely obvious through just watching it. also she posted a reddit ama one time

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i dipped into destiny's stream and he was debating some guy named exskillsme that might be the dumbest person i've ever heard. he was arguing that trump's deregulation gets money out of politics since there's less lobbying and so destiny should like that more than bernie's plans since more regulation means more lobbying. and he didn't seem to get when destiny explained that they stop lobbying because they don't have any regulation, they got their wish.

also said bernie's 15 dollar minimum wage was dumber than anything trump has done lmao.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Where does Destiny find these people?

And what is Destiny's deal? Is he a "Rational" that is slowly moving left simply because "OH my god, these fuckers are all so stupid"

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

He was a guy who started out as a Starcraft 2 streamer/commentator. There was a high profile case of a different famous Starcraft streamer sexual harassing a woman in a very public way (I think his name was XJ9). Destiny did a long form call out of this harasser in which he tried to explain to the harasser why what he did was morally wrong. Over the course of this video it became clear that the harasser was a sociopath and 100% unable to consider other people as human beings. Naturally because he called out a sexual harasser all the rationals think he needs to be corrected.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Destiny used to be kind of a typical edgy streamer lameoid but he's since come around pretty hard and yeah, made it his deal to call out assholes and broadcast just how stupid and incapable of real argument they are.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
A lot of the peoplw he debates are his "fans." "Fans" who don't seem to understand any of his arguments or agree with any of his positions.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Is Jordan Peterson the stupid man’s smart person?

http://www.macleans.ca/opinion/is-jordan-peterson-the-stupid-mans-smart-person/

gently caress me.

jesus. loving sad its true though. alot of these people think saying big words and knowing basic concepts about poo poo is smart. plus an accent.

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

i am just learning that jordan petterson has tweeted disagreeable student's facebook profiles to his twitter, twice. wtf

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

Where does Destiny find these people?

Twitter

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Midig posted:

I swear mainstream gaming appeals to so many idiots (males 14-25) who have not built a solid vocabulary yet. "Yeah, like man, you know what im saying, I literally went in like uuuuhhhh, haha get it?"

It's not just a poor vocabulary. It's really tough for dudes to navigate all the masculinity status minefield bullshit to ever say anything at all. That stuttering isn't someone with a bad vocabulary, it's someone who is trapped like a rat by gender. What Destiny is doing in that video is, like, emotional labor and it's actually kind of valuable socially, though I loving hate listening to it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Ah cool, they're back to the "witches enter men's bedchambers at night to sit on their chests and steal their nocturnal emissions for use in sorcery" stage of gender history.

What about warlocks :thunk:

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Good thread about doublethink

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/932154630410301441

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Terrible Opinions posted:

He was a guy who started out as a Starcraft 2 streamer/commentator. There was a high profile case of a different famous Starcraft streamer sexual harassing a woman in a very public way (I think his name was XJ9). Destiny did a long form call out of this harasser in which he tried to explain to the harasser why what he did was morally wrong. Over the course of this video it became clear that the harasser was a sociopath and 100% unable to consider other people as human beings. Naturally because he called out a sexual harasser all the rationals think he needs to be corrected.

Destiny's main schtick other than playing game was the once-popular 'rational' stance of words don't mean anything so everyone should be free to use slurs whenever they want because also language has been transformed and those words mean different things now (unless they don't, in which case they don't mean anything) and context is all that matters so if you're not dressed like a Klansman carrying a noose around then saying friend of the family is fine etc. I'm sure we all remember the good old days when this kind of poo poo was the discussion du jour rather than literal nazis and poo poo, this was pre-GG and all, I mean this sentiment obviously is still around but it's kinda gotten eclipsed by all the other awful acts and opinions around nowadays. He also just loved being contrarian against everything and debating all kinds of poo poo. At the time most of this stuff at least got confronted, downvoted on the Starcraft reddit etc although Destiny still retained popularity as a streamer. He moved to other games eventually and I never paid attention to it until I started seeing him posted here and poo poo.

Also there was something about him sending dickpics to an underaged girl or something, I was tuned out of Starcraft at that time so I only caught a bit of it, I think that's what actually got him losing some popularity and people in general stopped tolerating him as much.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Sax Solo posted:

It's not just a poor vocabulary. It's really tough for dudes to navigate all the masculinity status minefield bullshit to ever say anything at all. That stuttering isn't someone with a bad vocabulary, it's someone who is trapped like a rat by gender. What Destiny is doing in that video is, like, emotional labor and it's actually kind of valuable socially, though I loving hate listening to it.

I just assume that when people use filler words it is to replace the "uhhhmmmmmm"s that are going on in their heads. If it is done by Toxic Masculinity Hivemind Enforcement (TMHE for short) rather then lack of intellectual curiosity then we can expect them to be like this until they hit their 40s.

Midig fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 19, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they're also very very very dumb.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Terrible Opinions posted:

the whole thing is super long but the XJ9 / destiny chat is genuinely fascinating.

iirc, xj9's girlfriend played a character he didn't like in league of legends, so in his opinion he was 100% in the right to post her nudes online and do all this other horrendous poo poo. he couldn't understand at all why it was wrong to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc7ZMDRbF2s

v difficult listen but i found it really interesting to try to understand this dude's scary sociopathic thought process.

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

It should also be pointed out that he seems to have made up the part about Twitter basing their "purge" off those deemed hate groups by ADL and the SPLC vs their own determination.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lovechop posted:

the whole thing is super long but the XJ9 / destiny chat is genuinely fascinating.

iirc, xj9's girlfriend played a character he didn't like in league of legends, so in his opinion he was 100% in the right to post her nudes online and do all this other horrendous poo poo. he couldn't understand at all why it was wrong to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc7ZMDRbF2s

v difficult listen but i found it really interesting to try to understand this dude's scary sociopathic thought process.

quote:

No description given. No description possible.

:stare:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

These people sometimes :ughh:

Also I thought about posting all the XJ9 stuff the other night but figured the thread was gonna go past it, but yeah they're a legit crazy and horrible person.

Also also cheong can suck my fat queer dick.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What the poo poo is up with his voice anyway?

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015

Yardbomb posted:

These people sometimes :ughh:

Also I thought about posting all the XJ9 stuff the other night but figured the thread was gonna go past it, but yeah they're a legit crazy and horrible person.

Also also cheong can suck my fat queer dick.

Which one of these opinions are you facepalming at? Honestly, I can't tell with this thread anymore.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Monglo posted:

Which one of these opinions are you facepalming at? Honestly, I can't tell with this thread anymore.

Uh, the dude going "But think of the people who are just pretending to be nazis! :qq:", dunno how you're acting like it'd be anything otherwise.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Monglo posted:

"Many genuine and not hateful yet trolling people"

That is a sentence that a human uttered and which you seemingly don't comprehend the stupidity of.

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
The existence of a person who trolls on the internet, but doesn't hold the views he's portraying doesn't seem that impossible to me. Is having a non-black/white worldview that difficult for you?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Monglo posted:

The existence of a person who trolls on the internet, but doesn't hold the views he's portraying doesn't seem that impossible to me. Is having a non-black/white worldview that difficult for you?

It's almost like this was refuted in the image itself. If you're parroting nazi poo poo and pretending to be a nazi, guess what, for all intents and purposes you're just another net-nazi persecuting minorities.

Even better, they use the kekistan dumbasses as their example, a group that harbors actual neo nazis while pretending to be ~satirizing~ nazis by.. parroting nazi rhetoric.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 19, 2017

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Monglo posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Monglo posted:

there's really very little difference between advocating a point ironically or sincerely, since all people know about you on the internet are the points you advocate. or the old "i only poo poo myself to trick you into thinking i'm a pants shitter" argument

• Locked thread