Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

You can turn off Pirates in the options, and by the sound of it you probably should for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

You can turn off Pirates in the options, and by the sound of it you probably should for now.

I've just started playing this today, having extensively played and enjoyed every other Endless game ever made, and I've already reached this conclusion. Pirates are loving ridiculous and a huge pain in the rear end in a top hat.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
After about a full day since I've started playing this game, I'm already falling into the same trap I did with ES1.

Optimizing poo poo takes so god drat long, I just about started my third game. First was the newbie tutorial, which I easily stomped despite literally not doing anything, second was a hard difficulty 8 empire large sparse galaxy as tree people, which was also an easy stomp despite doing basically everything wrong for the first ~20 turns because it took me a bit to figure out you can stack vineships, despite starting next to cravers.

So here's my 3rd game as riftborn, which finally seem like a race I'll have serious fun playing, but it's been like 20 minutes and it's turn loving 10. This is sowers all over again, but with 3000 more things going on, isn't it? The only thing I'd like to see is the ability to purge these idiot races around me more easily. Is there a good way to get rid of lovely pops? I'm guessing no, but...

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Whoever is whipping that wailing choir needs to dial it back about 25 percent. Otherwise, good music. Good everything actually, except for the actual gameplay part of it.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Been playing my first game as Humans. Despite being forewarned about the '3 science laws' things, and me doing literally everything I can do push science, they're still a tiny tiny faction with no hope. I'm not sure anyone actually playtested/QA'd the human quest =[
But yes, the game is so slick, so pretty! ...but the AI sits still and does nothing, and all the actual mechanics are either obscure or just poor.

I didn't buy it asap [since you NEVER buy games at release anymore!] due to wanting to know how WINE handled it, which it kinda does ok, but after seeing the gameplay I guess I'll skip =/

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I find it odd that the developer released what seems to be a major patch the same weekend they are doing a free weekend and 50% off sale. Based on the feedback here and other places I am not even going to bother launching the free weekend.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
As someone who jumped in on this free weekend, it's good.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

As someone who purchased it in early access, I've gotten 95+ hours of it and I'm not bored yet

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Serephina posted:

Been playing my first game as Humans. Despite being forewarned about the '3 science laws' things, and me doing literally everything I can do push science, they're still a tiny tiny faction with no hope. I'm not sure anyone actually playtested/QA'd the human quest =[
But yes, the game is so slick, so pretty! ...but the AI sits still and does nothing, and all the actual mechanics are either obscure or just poor.

I didn't buy it asap [since you NEVER buy games at release anymore!] due to wanting to know how WINE handled it, which it kinda does ok, but after seeing the gameplay I guess I'll skip =/

I finished the human quest np in the tutorial.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Serephina posted:

This might help https://pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I find it odd that the developer released what seems to be a major patch the same weekend they are doing a free weekend and 50% off sale. Based on the feedback here and other places I am not even going to bother launching the free weekend.

It was the other way around. An event to celebrate new stuff.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
That link is a lot of flaff that I already know about. Doesn't actually help any.

My layout is 40/40 industrial/military currently, with religion/ecology at 0% and pacifists/science sitting at 5% each, apx.
Empire's primary pop pushes 50% of all science bias back into industrial, so that explains the industrial alongside the mandatory 'build stuff' FIDS improvements. And I've fought two small wars, in a 4X game so there's that. What else am I supposed to do to complete this main storyboard mission, that's only one part of probably a few dozen steps to the end? (assuming similarity to EL) But seriously, if I'm to call off all wars & unit production for 40+ turns, stop producing any buildings that aren't science boosters, and likewise stop with non-science techs... just to have a chance to interact with this lovely politics system that I strongly want to ignore, in order to complete a tiny tiny mission in the main storyline? gently caress that! The five previous entries where done within a few turns of effort, this one requires me to literally up-end everything in order to push it.

There's also so many other systems that have completely no explanation other than a tiny tutorial popup that's woefully insufficient. No tooltip explanations, no reference, nada. And the systems suck too. Space Combat (why can't I rearrange my fleet so I can use the cards I want to position close/far guys at the right range?), Ground Combat (Oh wait I can siege from space? Where the gently caress did it say that?), Passive AIs and the traditional terrible Endless tech tree.

It's such a pretty game with a beautiful GUI, but it's all atop a really really poo poo 4X entry imo.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Serephina posted:

why can't I rearrange my fleet so I can use the cards I want to position close/far guys at the right range?

You can, just hit the advanced button on the combat screen. You can drag and drop units into a particular lane from there.

Serephina posted:

Oh wait I can siege from space? Where the gently caress did it say that?

That's the only way to siege anything. I mean the backend system of manpower can be confusing until you do a couple, but I'm not sure what your particular issue here is.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I've just been walking in and hitting the 'invade' button, the internet is telling me to wait a few turns first to weaken them? I'll check when I get ingame tonight.
Put it this way, I loved EL (and played ES1 briefly) so it's not all gibberish, and Doom4's free trial sold me on the game, but this trial has soured me. Civ6, Stellaris, and now ES2 all being meh =/

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

As someone who purchased it in early access, I've gotten 95+ hours of it and I'm not bored yet
Same. Cravers for life.

What did the new patch add? Diplomacy overhaul? How does it work?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Did another game as UE to check something out, figured out tutorial disables a bunch of stuff, including some primary faction traits, for many turns at the start, so maybe I shouldn't have judged it by that :v:

This is me now. Holy poo poo this faction is great, it just explodes into a positive feedback loop by like turn 20-30 and never ever stops as long as you keep expanding and building poo poo. It's turn ~100 and my economy is strong enough to take on the entire drat galaxy. Guess next time I'm just playing on endless difficulty. Definitely buying this game, because this is very nice fun to play.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Who made that wonderful poster?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I feel like, within the last two weeks, they took away all the curiosities. I saw those alchemist 4x master guides that are largely obsolete and those strategies ALMOST worked. I could definitely get a hero somewhere past level 3 by turn 9 by searching for curiosities, though. Now there's exactly one or zero curiosities in my home system, when there used to be consistently 3 or more. There's often none at the next system over. Every single place feels like someone got to it first. The universe feels emptier and I am not sure if I bumped a setting or not. I can't ever get a hero past level 2.4 today.

I mean I could consistently level up off of curiosities and then suddenly I could not, and that was before the big patch that made pirate lairs.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

So I decided to install and give it a shot since a few people spoke up and said that the game is decent.

The pirate liars are absurdly broken. Its like turn 15 and one pops up a system next to my home system and shits ships out faster than I can, and their ships are better.

Also the tutorial / guide even on the lowest setting is hilariously inadequate so I have no idea what I am doing wrong, so I just quit and wont be buying the game. There are too many opaque and seemingly disconnected and odd systems that have zero explanation.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Truga posted:

Did another game as UE to check something out, figured out tutorial disables a bunch of stuff, including some primary faction traits, for many turns at the start, so maybe I shouldn't have judged it by that :v:

:psyboom: WHAT?!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I started with the super basic tutorial and apparently it disables some things early on to tell you basic 4X mechanics before enabling more complicated things. Also a difference I noticed was approval tech didn't give extra colonizable systems, but instead just reduced the penalty a little bit, and that's a pretty big difference for a faction that's supposed to spam colonies early on.

Slaan posted:

Who made that wonderful poster?

No idea, sorry.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

So I decided to install and give it a shot since a few people spoke up and said that the game is decent.

The pirate liars are absurdly broken. Its like turn 15 and one pops up a system next to my home system and shits ships out faster than I can, and their ships are better.

Also the tutorial / guide even on the lowest setting is hilariously inadequate so I have no idea what I am doing wrong, so I just quit and wont be buying the game. There are too many opaque and seemingly disconnected and odd systems that have zero explanation.

I'm almost on the same boat. The tutorial isn't helping in the slightest, the UI is pretty but alot of information seems to be obfuscated, and the technology tree is extremely difficult to follow and comprehend. The actual process of playing the game feels oddly slow and cumbersome. I'm hitting buttons for system improvements, but I'm not getting any sense of what strategically I should be aiming for. UE is a influence/industry empire so I should be...what? Hitting everything industry and influence specific in research? What about Dust and Science allocations?

I'll keep trying, but I'm not sure i'm overly impressed yet.

EDIT: It's also a bit sterile. Endless Legend has a huge amount of character in it in all the races, but i've yet to get any sense of character from this (admittedly it's early days of gameplay).

Communist Bear fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 19, 2017

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Science is important for everyone, basically, as it speeds up how fast you gain new tech.

Dust = money and for the UE it's less important since they can use influence in most places where dust is used and influence is easier to earn. However, it can be useful for gaining allies and speeding up establishing colonies. I believe they still use it for upgrading and repairing ships.

In general though:
Food - population growth rate, with larger population = more generation of all the other resources
Industry - used to build new things. Does not stockpile between turns like other resources. Most races will want to boost industry early on to get an edge on pumping out improvements and more ships
Dust - money. Matters most to Lumeris, but really useful for buying out construction. Also needed to repair/upgrade ships.
Science - affects your research speed

Also, in regards to the pirates being a pain early on, build ships with anything but the default weapons. Most of the pirate ships fall apart to a torpedo/beam mix.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

So I understand that right, if I set up industry correctly, I could technically min max the building of ships to industry per turn?

Which is pretty cool, but holy poo poo it's not obvious.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Hey guys, two DotE questions.

1) Which one would you say is/are the worst character/s in the game?

2) I'm missing a picture to complete the album, it's big one below the three enemies added in the Organic Matters update, to the left of Rosetta. Any tips?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mokinokaro posted:

Science is important for everyone, basically, as it speeds up how fast you gain new tech.

Dust = money and for the UE it's less important since they can use influence in most places where dust is used and influence is easier to earn. However, it can be useful for gaining allies and speeding up establishing colonies. I believe they still use it for upgrading and repairing ships.

In general though:
Food - population growth rate, with larger population = more generation of all the other resources
Industry - used to build new things. Does not stockpile between turns like other resources. Most races will want to boost industry early on to get an edge on pumping out improvements and more ships
Dust - money. Matters most to Lumeris, but really useful for buying out construction. Also needed to repair/upgrade ships.
Science - affects your research speed

Also, in regards to the pirates being a pain early on, build ships with anything but the default weapons. Most of the pirate ships fall apart to a torpedo/beam mix.
My questions are a lot deeper than this. What is...pretty much any of the politics stuff for? What does it do? How do I manage it to get things I want? Are there even things to do with it to get things that I want? Or just to prevent bad things? How does setting up a colony work? I dropped my colony ship somewhere and it turns into....something? That will take ~20 odd turns to....do something? And it kicks my food production in the teeth in my one existing system and I had to fiddle around with like three different interfaces to figure out that food gets shipped to a new colony. I met a minor race, I can do some interaction with them but it doesnt tell me that doing interactions give bonuses or whatever over time rather than in a lump sum There are just so many things going on in the UI; half the icons you see dont have an explanation anywhere - there is no glossary. Sometimes there are information popups over on the left side but if I take my mouse off of what triggered the popup to show up it goes away, but I need it to stay to see if there is any hovertext over a bunch of the icons I see.

edit: and stuff like Manpower, how do I get my cap higher? I see that I have a cap - what determines what my cap is? Where in the UI does it tell me the manpower cost of building a ship? How do I do combat? I've tried a few times now and I just get dumpstered my pirates that spawn a system over no matter what I build.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 19, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

politics allows you to apply policies fitting to the elected parties, the longer a party has power the stronger policies you can enact. they do things such as giving you more production, happiness etc. you can influence it with bribes and building the right buildings, doing the right things. if you wage war, militarists get more power and so on.

colony ships turn into outposts first, they then require some time to become a full colony depending on how much food production that planet has, so its often a good idea to deploy it on the planet with the most food. you can speed this up in 3 ways, pay for more shipments, pay for doubling its food production or steal from an enemy colony there (this one almost never happens). it also gets food from another system which get send to it by ships. once it reaches enough food you get a real colony. switch this to either a planet producing the most, or the nearest one. i do nearest

a minor race gives you resources each turn if they like you enough, represented by a bar, and if they like you the most you can eventually do a quest for them and gain their planet peacefully. the easiest way to get you to like them is with a small bribe, but doin things such as scanning anomalies in their system also help.

you can increase total manpower with buildings and tech from the military tech tree (the top one) mostly. you gain manpower from food. a ship doesnt straight up cost manpower, instead it sort of eats manpower i suppose to get stronger and also to use for invasions.

the pirates are new, just turn em off for now

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Yeah, they need to fix the pirates. As the Lumeris, I shouldn't be grateful that I have Space Vampires and Genocidal Space Insects next door as a buffer from pirates! It's Amplitude though, so they're generally pretty quick with this sort of thing.
I've been playing a bit of Civ 5 in between ES2, and Civ is so much clearer and more... helpful?... than ES2. I feel like there is a lot for my brain to chew on in ES2, which I love, but it takes forever to work out that terraforming is not always good, or how trade routes work, or how to make fleets not suck.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

This is what I'm talking about by the way. Anyone got an idea what goes there?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'll answer the easiest question: politics give you empire-wide bonuses in the form of "laws". The primary political party will always have its own unique law active (which can be incredibly game-changing, like being able to colonize all planet types from the start), and you can also enact other laws based on how high level the parties are (more or less how many times they've been elected over the course of the game). The party laws all cost influence to maintain, while the there are also neutral laws that have other costs (like lowering happiness in exchange for more tax income). Laws are pretty important since they have giant empire-wide bonuses.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

My questions are a lot deeper than this. What is...pretty much any of the politics stuff for? What does it do? How do I manage it to get things I want? Are there even things to do with it to get things that I want? Or just to prevent bad things? How does setting up a colony work? I dropped my colony ship somewhere and it turns into....something? That will take ~20 odd turns to....do something? And it kicks my food production in the teeth in my one existing system and I had to fiddle around with like three different interfaces to figure out that food gets shipped to a new colony. I met a minor race, I can do some interaction with them but it doesnt tell me that doing interactions give bonuses or whatever over time rather than in a lump sum There are just so many things going on in the UI; half the icons you see dont have an explanation anywhere - there is no glossary. Sometimes there are information popups over on the left side but if I take my mouse off of what triggered the popup to show up it goes away, but I need it to stay to see if there is any hovertext over a bunch of the icons I see.

edit: and stuff like Manpower, how do I get my cap higher? I see that I have a cap - what determines what my cap is? Where in the UI does it tell me the manpower cost of building a ship? How do I do combat? I've tried a few times now and I just get dumpstered my pirates that spawn a system over no matter what I build.

In addition to the stuff already covered, most of your answers are in tooltips or the screen where you'd expect them to be. When you select an outpost it says it's growing into a full fledged colony, and where is how long it it take based on current conditions plus what you could do to speed it up.

The manpower cost of a ship is displayed in the military window when you select a ship design and in the stats of the design when you're designing a ship. There is nowhere that says how you increase your manpower limit as far as I can remember, although it's probably in the tutorial, but one of the two first techs in the military tree is a building to increase it so it's not like the game makes it hard to find.

If you pull up a minor race diplomacy screen and hover over the segmented bar for your relations, it gives you a basic rundown of what you get for each level.

Everyone on the left side of the screen that pop ups is either a selection or summary of what you'll see when you select, so if stuff is disappearing just click the thing and you'll see the full information window.

The pre-combat screen is pretty basic but if you open the advanced options it gives a better visual reference of what your ships are going to do in the fight from a range perspective. Combat is basically trying to get your ships at the optimal range to either maximize your damage or mitigate the other side and exploiting card bonuses

Politics, admittedly, is really confusing till you've got a feel for the laws you can expect from each faction although you can pull up all the laws for all the factions, even those you can't use yet, in the screen where you change laws.

Game has problems, pirates, pacing, diplomacy, AI. Combat is going to be a love or it leave deal. But the basic information you need is there even if the UI can be really busy at some points.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I'm playing this on the free weekend and the pirates keep butt blasting me about 15 turns in. What's up with that? At this point I haven't unlocked any better ships and I'm putting out a couple of survey vessels. Nothing that can stand up to them.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

nessin posted:

In addition to the stuff already covered, most of your answers are in tooltips or the screen where you'd expect them to be. When you select an outpost it says it's growing into a full fledged colony, and where is how long it it take based on current conditions plus what you could do to speed it up.

The manpower cost of a ship is displayed in the military window when you select a ship design and in the stats of the design when you're designing a ship. There is nowhere that says how you increase your manpower limit as far as I can remember, although it's probably in the tutorial, but one of the two first techs in the military tree is a building to increase it so it's not like the game makes it hard to find.

If you pull up a minor race diplomacy screen and hover over the segmented bar for your relations, it gives you a basic rundown of what you get for each level.

Everyone on the left side of the screen that pop ups is either a selection or summary of what you'll see when you select, so if stuff is disappearing just click the thing and you'll see the full information window.

The pre-combat screen is pretty basic but if you open the advanced options it gives a better visual reference of what your ships are going to do in the fight from a range perspective. Combat is basically trying to get your ships at the optimal range to either maximize your damage or mitigate the other side and exploiting card bonuses

Politics, admittedly, is really confusing till you've got a feel for the laws you can expect from each faction although you can pull up all the laws for all the factions, even those you can't use yet, in the screen where you change laws.

Game has problems, pirates, pacing, diplomacy, AI. Combat is going to be a love or it leave deal. But the basic information you need is there even if the UI can be really busy at some points.
Thank you for the information but this specifically highlights my problem - when I have the tutorial on blast I expect it to break every little thing down for me and explain everything, and its not. I'm just going to uninstall and take the game off my wishlist because I just dont see myself enjoying it when nothing is explained or if it is, it is not nearly thorough enough.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
The pirate experience seems to vary a lot from person to person. In any case you can retreat in the pre-fight screen to get away and consolidate your fleets so you can fight back. If you need to and depending on your race you can design scout ships to be more combat oriented and make it easier. Once you get the combat hulls and slighty upgraded weapons you should be able to destroy their fleets.

Pirate fleets also seem to favor one type of weapon most of the time so armoring your ships against it helps a lot.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Det_no posted:

Pirate fleets also seem to favor one type of weapon most of the time so armoring your ships against it helps a lot.

How do you find out what weapon that type is please do not say watching the fight. Anything but that.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Thank you for the information but this specifically highlights my problem - when I have the tutorial on blast I expect it to break every little thing down for me and explain everything, and its not. I'm just going to uninstall and take the game off my wishlist because I just dont see myself enjoying it when nothing is explained or if it is, it is not nearly thorough enough.

did you do the actual tutorial you get if you wait on play for a bit, or the one that pops in your first game?

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Krinkle posted:

How do you find out what weapon that type is please do not say watching the fight. Anything but that.

In the prefight screens. Hover over the enemy ships at any point and it tells you if they are using kinetic or energy and in what measure.

At the end of the battles in the result screen you can use the Advanced toggle again and see exactly what type of weapon dealt what damage/was stopped by your defenses too.

You guys seem not to be hovering over stuff for info.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Davincie posted:

did you do the actual tutorial you get if you wait on play for a bit, or the one that pops in your first game?
I have no idea what you mean by this.

I tried a game with the Expert tutorial because I played ES1. I was completely lost. I started a new game with the Tutorial set to Advanced. The tutorial guy in the top right hand side of the screen didnt change or offer any additional information.

Re: Using more hovertext: The hovertext doesnt help me because the game has not explained to me what half the symbols it uses are and I have had to infer what a bunch were. I still have no idea how leaders work. Combat is completely opaque and needing to fight so many pirates so early is ridiculous; I cant find the option to turn them off. I'm not sure I want to turn them off because fighting the AI is apparently really boring right now.

I really want to like the game - I sank a ton of hours into ES1 and was really looking forward to 2, but the UI cluttered and nothing is explained so I have become really frustrated and negative (if you couldnt tell).

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
I'm playing my first game as the Unfallen, and half the galaxy are my allies because I guess everyone wants to be my friend? But now they declare wars without consulting me and they're mad because I don't help them and they lose. I built a fleet and tried to send it to fight, but they move across the map sooooo slowly that the fighting is done by the time I arrive. When I did try to catch a fleet, it was impossible. We're both moving in between systems, and I can't just order my guys to go get them.

Whoa, and the Vodyani fleet I've been chasing just warp jumped across from system to another, without a star lane, in a single turn. What the gently caress is this?

Heer98 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 20, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I have no idea what you mean by this.

I tried a game with the Expert tutorial because I played ES1. I was completely lost. I started a new game with the Tutorial set to Advanced. The tutorial guy in the top right hand side of the screen didnt change or offer any additional information.

Re: Using more hovertext: The hovertext doesnt help me because the game has not explained to me what half the symbols it uses are and I have had to infer what a bunch were. I still have no idea how leaders work. Combat is completely opaque and needing to fight so many pirates so early is ridiculous; I cant find the option to turn them off. I'm not sure I want to turn them off because fighting the AI is apparently really boring right now.

I really want to like the game - I sank a ton of hours into ES1 and was really looking forward to 2, but the UI cluttered and nothing is explained so I have become really frustrated and negative (if you couldnt tell).

beginner there

gameplay advanced settings

TsarZiedonis posted:

I'm playing my first game as the Unfallen, and half the galaxy are my allies because I guess everyone wants to be my friend? But now they declare wars without consulting me and they're mad because I don't help them and they lose. I built a fleet and tried to send it to fight, but they move across the map sooooo slowly that the fighting is done by the time I arrive. When I did try to catch a fleet, it was impossible. We're both moving in between systems, and I can't just order my guys to go get them.

Whoa, and the Vodyani fleet I've been chasing just warp jumped across from system to another, without a star lane, in a single turn. What the gently caress is this?

make sure to actually install the movement speed upgrades you can research. theres also several hero skills that increase speed of fleets they are bound to. some ship classes also have skills that speed up everyone in their fleet. but yeah it will always remain slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Davincie posted:

beginner there
The main menu buttons have hover...buttons?!? WTF?!? :cripes: