Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

World Tag League starts tomorrow morning

WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2017
November 18th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Hirai Kawato and Syota Umino vs. Tetsuhiro Yagi and Ren Narita
War Machine and Tomoyuki Oka vs. Bullet Club (GoD and Leo Tonga)
Elgin, Cobb, Finlay, and Kitamura vs. CHAOS (Ishii, YTR, and Best Friends)
TenCozy, Nagata, and Nakanishi vs. Bullet Club (Fale, Yujiro, Owens, and Page)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe and Henare vs. Suzuki-gun (KES and El Desperado)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Will Ospreay, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
WTL Block A Match:CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka)
WTL Block A Match:Death Juice vs. L.I.J (EVIL and SANADA)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Thauros posted:

CHAOS (Ishii, YTR, and Best Friends)

:swoon:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
dunno if njpw hosed up or what, but the RevPro shows with Ishii vs Lee and Suzuki vs Riddle are up and I'm able to watch them in the US with out having to wait like 5 weeks like normal

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Time for Chuckie T's debut

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

NJPW shirts are $10 at Hot Topic right now.

https://www.hottopic.com/sale/10-tees/?prefn1=license&prefv1=NJPW

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Thanks!!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Copped one for my brother.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Well I've been looking for an excuse to buy all of them so I guess this is it

edit: Awesome! I got a standard Bullet Club, Cody, Hangman Page, Villain Club, Kenny Omega, Young Bucks, and New Japan lion logo shirt for $74 including shipping. Thanks G Nast

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 19, 2017

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Tag League night 1 was a lot of fun! All the newcomers got put over strong and I hope Chucky, Cobb, and Sami stick around. I didn't quite understand why Juice and Sami were tagging together until the announcers reminded me that Sami was in NXT. I think I'm officially on the Death Juice train.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Sami Callihan is a domestic abuser

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I’m not sure Sami fits in NJPW. He’s very...not the house style? But he worked the crowd like his life was on the line, and who knows? Maybe it’ll work.

Tag League hopefully perks up some. The first half of the show was hot trash I thought.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
yeah man got me an LIJ shirt

~~naitoooooo

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sami is very much a guy who has to have "his match" for it to work and get over (there's a reason he never caught on in NXT), but I think NJPW tag guy is a good spot for him to get his poo poo in and make a name for himself over there.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

There won't be another live show until the 30th. The league matches from all the other shows will be uploaded later but the non tournament matches will be omitted.

Today's matches that should be uploaded sometime Sunday night US time are:

Beretta and Chuckie T vs. G.o.D
Michael Elgin and Jeff Cobb vs. Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'd be down for a Sami vs Evil feud. I thought they worked really well together.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Anyone ever notice how EVIL has the same ring gear as Billie Kay?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

Beretta and Chuckie T vs. G.o.D
Michael Elgin and Jeff Cobb vs. Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano

They're up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

St Evan Echoes posted:

Anyone ever notice how EVIL has the same ring gear as Billie Kay?

that's pretty evil.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

coconono posted:

that's pretty evil.

Everything is Evil.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow's matches are:

Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi vs. Yujiro and Hangman Page
TenCozy vs. Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Today’s tags were...okay I guess. The weird gym/hockey rink setting made it fun, but man was that crowd DEAD for the Best Friends.

Having way more fun with the Rev Pro shows they uploaded, and the free match of the week - Mutoh/Steiners vs Chono/Outsiders. Just a weird 1997 time capsule.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Today’s tags were...okay I guess. The weird gym/hockey rink setting made it fun, but man was that crowd DEAD for the Best Friends.

Having way more fun with the Rev Pro shows they uploaded, and the free match of the week - Mutoh/Steiners vs Chono/Outsiders. Just a weird 1997 time capsule.

Yeah these single cam tour shows are almost always real weak crowd reaction wise & sometimes effort wise from the wrestlers. Cobb is doing well so far, but Chuck is obviously a fish out of water. He should either up his comedy or his heeling a bit more.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
sami as juice's dirty dipshit friend who is way too excited about hurting people is very good

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I really like the pairing of Sami and Juice.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Tag League night 1 was a lot of fun! All the newcomers got put over strong and I hope Chucky, Cobb, and Sami stick around. I didn't quite understand why Juice and Sami were tagging together until the announcers reminded me that Sami was in NXT. I think I'm officially on the Death Juice train.

I watched the show since it's free on their YouTube page and Cobb got over great with his power stuff, though I wish he'd drop about 10-15 pounds around the middle. It also made me wish he was tagging with Keith Lee since they'd be another hoss team to go against War Machine/GoD/KES.

Chuck, however....I wasn't feeling it. He looked tentative and just kinda off, and he and Beretta's big spot came off as a wet fart. Hopefully he gets something going the rest of the tour because that debate wasn't all that to speak of.

Fell asleep during the main so I can't speak to Sami but I've never been a huge fan and Juice does nothing for me. I'll give the main a shot later and see if it changes my mind any.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

While the dynamic of a hippie trying to rein in his scumbag edgelord cousin was fun for one entrance, I really don't want Sami Callihan to be a regular part of my NJPW experience.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm enjoying the awkward dynamic of Hangman Page trying to get the other members of Bullet Club to do the one sweet.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

While the dynamic of a hippie trying to rein in his scumbag edgelord cousin was fun for one entrance, I really don't want Sami Callihan to be a regular part of my NJPW experience.

Sami is awesome though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Translated post match comments for Night 1 of the Tag League are up. Ospreay decides to talk about his Twitter poo poo again for some reason.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow's matches:

Kitamura + Finlay vs. KES
Togi Makabe and Henare vs. War Machine

Thauros fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 21, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the crowd are hot for the legend tag matches but man are they actually real boring

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Could Nakanishi ever move? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone less mobile. Maybe 90’s Giant Baba?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I recently saw a bit of him as Kurosawa in WCW and while not exactly agile, it took a while for me to recognize him as Nakanishi because he was certainly a lot more mobile back then than today.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Kitamura being the third largest guy in a match is unsettling. I also appreciate Lance Archer’s unending mission to spit water every wrestling fan in Japan, one by one. Dude needs a Tokyo Dome entrance with a Camelbak and a Foy system so he can get the folks in the nosebleeds

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Kitamura being the third largest guy in a match is unsettling. I also appreciate Lance Archer’s unending mission to spit water every wrestling fan in Japan, one by one. Dude needs a Tokyo Dome entrance with a Camelbak and a Foy system so he can get the folks in the nosebleeds

I like how KES had sorta match ring gear at one point and Lance has continued to get more batshit gimmicky with his stuff.

And its important that Kitamura is that big. Get bigger Kitamura. Get Huge. Attain your destiny.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i've been busy so i couldnt watch the first tag league show until now.

japan loves jeff cobb, and hell, so do i. man that big doing a standing moonsault, uhhh, hell yes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jeff Cobb is too dang powerful

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

im very sad matt riddle smokes too much weed to do this tour with him.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I'm enjoying people finding out how much the njpw tag league sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

sleep with the vicious posted:

I'm enjoying people finding out how much the njpw tag league sucks

I think it's been a little better this year as an experiment with some new guys (e.g. Cobb) but yeah it's still feels very inconsequential.

• Locked thread