Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

LingcodKilla posted:

I always forget. What does she actually do for a living?

Actually Lena Dunham is a sentient array of disease symptoms suffered by the unfortunately wealthy who totally loving suck at raising children. See: Will Smith, Trump, Elliot Rodger's parents, Kardashians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
TF Google it, link is too long.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/lena-dunham-responds-to-sex-abuse-claims

It's buzzfeed, but the excerpts from her book are right there. The details make me uncomfortable as gently caress, so read up on them at your discretion, but her response was

https://twitter.com/lenadunham/status/528613546108944384

No, what you did and then wrote about like it wasn't poo poo is disgusting and upsetting.

/edit:

I think her defense is something like "lol I was a teenager", but I'm not sure there's a reasonable amount of therapy to describe for the behavior she describes casually (and even jokes about).

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Nov 19, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Jesus I wish I never asked

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Boy, SpaceX needs to hurry up and bring costs down so that I can realize my dream of putting our country's celebrities and politicians on a rocket to the sun.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
TBH I would be ok with a rocket that got half way to orbit

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It really only needs to get as far as the nearest ocean

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Rockets fail catastrophically enough that I'm okay if it only makes it slightly off of the pad

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Naked Bear posted:

Boy, SpaceX needs to hurry up and bring costs down so that I can realize my dream of putting our country's celebrities and politicians on a rocket to the sun.

Interesting thing is that dropping something into the sun is quite challenging due to delta v requirements. You either need a shitload of fuel or you have to get clever with gravity assists.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Interesting thing is that dropping something into the sun is quite challenging due to delta v requirements. You either need a shitload of fuel or you have to get clever with gravity assists.

If there's one thing Sunshine taught me it's that there's no such thing as a near miss where the sun is involved

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

If there's one thing Kerbal space program taught me it's that firing things into the sun is really really hard

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah but I mean are we really going to quibble over "shot directly into the sun" vs "shot close enough that the raging nuclear inferno reduced their ashes to component atoms"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Goddamnit, yeah.

First time I made it to space in Kerbal Space Program, I refused to give in to the pressures of the corporate rat race that directed me towards such ludicrous goals as landing on the moon mun, and immediately tried to hurtle myself straight into the sun.

:smith:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 19, 2017

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Yeah but I mean are we really going to quibble over "shot directly into the sun" vs "shot close enough that the raging nuclear inferno reduced their ashes to component atoms"

Still really difficult. The earth is moving really, really fast around the sun, and you need to generate a LOT of velocity to "fall" into the sun

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_(nuclear_propulsion)

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

this kind of proves my point

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Smiling Jack posted:

Still really difficult. The earth is moving really, really fast around the sun, and you need to generate a LOT of velocity to "fall" into the sun

You technically need to lose a lot of velocity

:science:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

This thread has taken a turn in the wrong direction

here, you all need summadis

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

oh i'm sorry is drunken physics chat boring you

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

MurderBot posted:

This thread has taken a turn in the wrong direction

here, you all need summadis

gat dang

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Trap loving sprung

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You technically need to lose a lot of velocity

:science:

here's a frame of reference for you: you suck

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i would totally volunteer for something insanely cool and almost assuredly a one-way ticket if i had like a terminal disease or something

WANTED: Man of average height/weight to volunteer to stand inside large hadron collider during energization. Safety not guaranteed. Pay will be donated in your name to charity of your choosing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Vasudus posted:

i would totally volunteer for something insanely cool and almost assuredly a one-way ticket if i had like a terminal disease or something

WANTED: Man of average height/weight to volunteer to stand inside large hadron collider during energization. Safety not guaranteed. Pay will be donated in your name to charity of your choosing.

I'd take a one way trip to mars
They'd find a statue of me hundreds of years later
And on the plinth, these words

SUCK MY DICK YOU FUCKMAN

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
you guys are over engineering this

just put them beneath the rocket

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

I'd take a one way trip to mars
They'd find a statue of me hundreds of years later
And on the plinth, these words

SUCK MY DICK YOU FUCKMAN

Did you not volunteer to do Mars One?

My justification for it was 'get me off this rock' and I left all the other things blank.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Did you not volunteer to do Mars One?

My justification for it was 'get me off this rock' and I left all the other things blank.

Lmao is that loving scam still going

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i think they shut it down

i dunno

i just wanted to get off the planet :smith:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Their plan was basically lifted from the loving underwear gnomes. They never had qualified people trying to design their non-existent rocket, they had no idea how to plan for supplies, or in-situ development, or any of the things that would make any step of their "plan" work. Even if someone had given them a loving rocket capable of doing what they needed, nobody was even going to get to Mars alive.

But at least it would've been a reality show so we could've watched astronauts turn into cannibals almost-live on tv.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I read through a bunch of the applications, and it was uncanny how every single person seemed to believe that they were applying for either "Captain" or "Mission Vlogger/personal trainer."

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

It's worth it. Sundiving can net you a lot of science!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

its a jeep thing

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Meet the groundbreaking female Navy pilot who’s been drawing sky vulvas for years

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 21, 2017

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

its a jeep thing
Spoiler alert: the Jeep breaks and / or rolls.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/933007688702754818

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Naked Bear posted:

Spoiler alert: the Jeep breaks and / or rolls.

Should've stuck with the 2-door, the 4-doors high-center too easy

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

http://i.imgur.com/QTuKnyc.gifv

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

:stare:

That kinda looks like Gal Gadot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

• Locked thread