Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I wouldn’t hire Gruden period but a NFL job makes way more sense at least. Ultimately it’s probably better for Tennessee since they can just move on and get an actual college coach like Norvell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
https://twitter.com/calhouns/status/932050993788936192

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Breaking: Gruden's face appears in toilet bowl buildup in Knoxville couple's home

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
MUST SEE: Jon Gruden makes symbols for "UT" in sign language on Monday Night Football

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
That poo poo is hilarious. Coaching searchers are insane.

Edit: Gruden please wear an orange tie Monday night.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Which one wasn't it?

I'm guessing Peyton's head is pretty hard to mistake...but...

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Athanatos posted:

Which one wasn't it?

I'm guessing Peyton's head is pretty hard to mistake...but...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Turns out he's been in Seattle the whole time preparing for MNF :lol:

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

I'd recognize that sixhead anywhere. Are they saying the guy w/ his back to the camera is Gruden?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The weird thing is that the restaurant said it was gruden and not the peanut gallery on twitter looking at that photo

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Gruden pushing Currie out as AD, Peyton new Head Coach.

Calhoun's getting in on this insanity is pretty great.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/knights-notepad/os-sp-ucf-news-1119-story.html

"I can promise you that no decision has been made," Frost said.

Convinced it's a done deal now. That's not what you say when you're not taking a job. You say "I'm not a candidate for x" or "I am not and will not be considering any job offers". "No decision has been made" means "we're negotiation terms".

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Yeah as much as I hate it I agree.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Chip was interviewed this morning and he didn't deny any of the Florida stuff :getin:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Chip Kelly in the SEC is going to be very strange

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

zimbomonkey posted:

Chip Kelly in the SEC is going to be very strange

Anything to break the Saban coordinator vortex

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Well, fingers crossed I guess.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't think you're gonna find a better coach that fits Nebraska that well on the market this year; I think the outside the box option :haw: of Ken Niumatalolo would be great, but I don't see that in the cards--just not something fans would go for, and the recruiting questions would be overwhelming (if there's one thing Riley's done well, it's recruit).

But Scott Frost would be a big get, easily the biggest name on the market and would show that Nebraska is willing and able to play with the big boys still.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Benne posted:

They went 9-7 with basically the same team last year, it's not a totally crazy thing to say

"franchise quarterback Jameis Winston"

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Publix is a franchise

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Florida AD Scott Stricklin wants to hire Scott Frost (per same SB Nation report); however they add that “Florida is worried about Frost’s ability to build out a staff of SEC recruiters”. They add Florida would want Frost to retain Randy Shannon and perhaps other defensive staff members.

jesus christ you can't have it both ways, Florida. Either let a coach bring in his own guys or keep the one you've got.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This "SEC recruiter" poo poo is probably why assholes like Nussmeier get hired and why the program has been in the dumps for a decade despite multiple coaches and rosters

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

quote:

Nebraska is also considering coaches who run the triple-option, flexbone offense, specifically Navy’s Ken Niumatalolo. Sources indicate that if Nebraska approached Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson, he would recommend Niumatalolo or Army’s Jeff Monken, both his former assistants.
Bring the flexbone unto me.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

DJExile posted:

jesus christ you can't have it both ways, Florida. Either let a coach bring in his own guys or keep the one you've got.

If this is true, this hire will end up failing so hard that Foley will give a round of applause.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/latbbolch/status/932323696512876544

Good riddance shithead

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

He should bring his dudes for Xs and Os but I think keeping some continuity with peppering in a few current guys is fine. Urbz kept Charlie Strong from Zook's staff when he took over.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Florida is definitely going to lose Kelly to UCLA :smithicide:

https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/932323939099045889

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

an adult beverage posted:

He should bring his dudes for Xs and Os but I think keeping some continuity with peppering in a few current guys is fine. Urbz kept Charlie Strong from Zook's staff when he took over.

Encouraging a new coach to consider doing this is fine, the new coach deciding to do this is fine. Mandating that the new coach has to keep guys is not fine.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Bring the flexbone unto me.

I really want Monken if we can't get Frost.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Encouraging a new coach to consider doing this is fine, the new coach deciding to do this is fine. Mandating that the new coach has to keep guys is not fine.

Agreed.

If Florida whiffs on Kelly and Frost then I will go into full meltdown.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Get hosed Jim Mora

I remember when you were gonna dethrone USC :lol:

UCLA doesn't have the money to get Chip

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Agreed.

If Florida whiffs on Kelly and Frost then I will go into full meltdown.

:same:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dango Bango posted:

I really want Monken if we can't get Frost.

If you’re gonna do this why not aim high and get Ken?

Kelly would make sense at UCLA but yeah I can’t see them outbidding Florida if Florida really wants him. It’d also probably be a good spot for Frost but can’t imagine them beating out Nebraska for him. That’s an interesting job, there aren’t really a ton of obvious west coast candidates that I can think of because most of the good coaches in the most obvious feeder conference (the MWC) are all pretty old

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

boy when the wheels fall off for Mora Jr. they fall off hard huh

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
imagine how bad UCLA would have been this year if Rosen wasn’t there to bail them out by throwing bombs

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

How did he keep getting jobs has he ever been good or just getting by on name recognition.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

How did he keep getting jobs has he ever been good or just getting by on name recognition.

Little of column A, lot of column B.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He's always sucked

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Imagine getting Prime Michael Vick and going "hmm yes I'll put him a West Coast offense"

Jim Mora's been a fraud for years and an rear end in a top hat to boot. gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

MourningView posted:

If you’re gonna do this why not aim high and get Ken?

Kelly would make sense at UCLA but yeah I can’t see them outbidding Florida if Florida really wants him. It’d also probably be a good spot for Frost but can’t imagine them beating out Nebraska for him. That’s an interesting job, there aren’t really a ton of obvious west coast candidates that I can think of because most of the good coaches in the most obvious feeder conference (the MWC) are all pretty old

Theres uhhh Tedford

• Locked thread