Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Looking to apply to Al Goona if any slots clear up. :unsmith:

May need a second goon clan for this if there's enough interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

explosivo posted:

Looking to apply to Al Goona if any slots clear up. :unsmith:

May need a second goon clan for this if there's enough interest.

We have no room. After the next tick i will see when we will level again. The exp boost from the clone battle could be good.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

Kegslayer posted:

Been playing this for a couple of days now and it seems really solid so I think I'll be sticking with it for a while.

It doesn't do anything new to the genre but it feels like an extremely polished version of Gumi's previous titles.

Does anybody know if the summon tickets correspond to the increased rates?

Not sure. I used two of them and got the same 3 star twice

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
What benefits does a guild give in Clonegame? Should I join a pubbie one while waiting for spots to open in the goon guild?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Deki posted:

What benefits does a guild give in Clonegame? Should I join a pubbie one while waiting for spots to open in the goon guild?

You get tokens feom signing in and doing the clone war that can be soent of stuff. Pkus the clone war gives rewards if you participate.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.
Just a friendly notification for you wrasslers. There is a special match right now that pays big bucks, I have been working on upgrading a second team and wanted some cash, so I looked at the special stages and say "Money Match." An easy win, which is pretty easy, nets $100. A medium win, which is still pretty easy for my team of heels, nets $400. I haven't tried hard yet, but it pays $500.

I'm totally in love with lightweight wrestlers, and if you have me on your friends list (Nikramius), my wrestler (3 star bonnie, yellow light weight) is an ideal boss killer. She has boss taunt and a ton of HP, so she can help you out on any difficult boss.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
According to Nintendo, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp will be out worldwide on the 22nd.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

USMC_Karl posted:

Just a friendly notification for you wrasslers. There is a special match right now that pays big bucks, I have been working on upgrading a second team and wanted some cash, so I looked at the special stages and say "Money Match." An easy win, which is pretty easy, nets $100. A medium win, which is still pretty easy for my team of heels, nets $400. I haven't tried hard yet, but it pays $500.

I'm totally in love with lightweight wrestlers, and if you have me on your friends list (Nikramius), my wrestler (3 star bonnie, yellow light weight) is an ideal boss killer. She has boss taunt and a ton of HP, so she can help you out on any difficult boss.

Cheers, that was an easy $1k

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Wrestle friends please add 322168. I've added people in the thread, is that 2-way or 1-way friendship? Doesn't seem to wait for an acceptance before putting you in my contact list.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It appears in the coming days you will be able to get Osama Bin Laden for 1 crystal.

There will be no excuse for everyone in Al Goona not to have him.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Push El Burrito posted:

It appears in the coming days you will be able to get Osama Bin Laden for 1 crystal.

_1_ person on your server can get him apparently. Hope you're quick!

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Let me help you wrassle sweaty mans.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Push El Burrito posted:

This is the equivalent of Flash sales and none of us will get it.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Any goons actually play Alchemist Code or are you guys all fiending Clone Evolution?

e: a word

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.
This is about Clone Evolution:

Just some simple tips for folks playing the game.

1. Expedition, Tavern, Arena, your guild, and your friends list all give you separate currencies that you can use to purchase stuff. I'd recommend saving those currencies for a particularly nice blue/purple. If you do save for a specific character, you really should save up everything required to buy all the fragments you want in one shot (30 frags for blue, 50 for purple).
  2. In the early game it's a good idea to stick your main crew as your auto-battle crew, but once you get to a certain level you might want to consider sticking other characters you want to level up in the auto-battle crew. Strength/etc. totally doesn't matter for auto-battle so you get the same results from having a team of level 1 characters that you would from a team of level 50 characters.
  3. Because you get currency rewards for taking part in all the activities (e.g. the expedition), it is really worth while to do everything even if you are getting wrecked. Especially for the Clone War (in the guild menu), the better your guild does, the higher everyone's rewards are.
  4. You should take a peek at the Darwin Lab when you unlock it and see what kind of characters you have that can evolve. You really want to spend your time leveling up characters that can become purple/gold. If your blue can't evolve, you might want to consider switching it out for one that can unless you really can't make whatever team you like without it.
  5. You can play the game just fine without investing cash, but if you are you might want to consider getting either the weekly payout stuff (usually about $10) or the monthly card ($15?). They give you a much bigger return on the cash you spend. The game is pretty liberal with gems though, and you honestly don't really need gems to make a winning team.
  6. You unlock the Institute at level 45ish, and it is a really, really good thing to have. You can sacrifice characters to boost your level in a specific element, and each level you get allows you to invest a point in the corresponding element to improve all characters that have that element. E.g., I have level 7 electricity, so any electricity character I play with gets +5% dodge, +2.1% attack, and +2.1% accuracy. Each element has it's own traits and you also get a flat bonus based on your total levels in all elements, so it's really worth basically saving all characters that you don't want to use past level 40 or so and just dumping them all into the institute.

I'm Nikramius in the game by the way, so if you have questions in the Al-Goona guild then please feel free to shoot me a message.

ItsNotAGirlName
Jan 9, 2011
Wrestle me 328997

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

USMC_Karl posted:

This is about Clone Evolution:

Just some simple tips for folks playing the game...

I'd add that having a bigger team can help with expeditions (and even one lvl1 grey will win you a point towards the expedition cheevos; losing the rounds still counts as playing)

Use up your B-string wearing the A-team's armor and guns then start switching to the heavies as they die off and you'll get farther. Throw a healer in the mix if you have one (on the right so they don't get hit as much)

And of course if there's something you've never done (like sending a big red flower, hint hint) there's a cheevo with rewards for that too.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

syscall girl posted:

I'd add that having a bigger team can help with expeditions (and even one lvl1 grey will win you a point towards the expedition cheevos; losing the rounds still counts as playing)

Use up your B-string wearing the A-team's armor and guns then start switching to the heavies as they die off and you'll get farther. Throw a healer in the mix if you have one (on the right so they don't get hit as much)

And of course if there's something you've never done (like sending a big red flower, hint hint) there's a cheevo with rewards for that too.

Oh definitely, if you really want to start kicking rear end in the expedition then either kitting for full on water (water gives good buffs to defense/dodge and opens up a 50% life leech ability once you get it to level 12) should really be a priority. Of course, that's all late game stuff.

I am sad to say that Al-Goona is totally full up and has a waiting list a mile long, so if you are just dying to get in on goon-guild action it might be worth it to start up another one. Or just wait the couple days it'll take 1/2 of us to get bored with the game.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Knowlue posted:

Any goons actually play Alchemist Code or are you guys all fiending Clone Evolution?

e: a word

Yeah, Alchemist Code is the poo poo. It's quite reminiscent of FFT

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah I'm playing Alchemist Code as well. Dunno if I'll keep going once I finish the story, but it's a decent enough gacha game. Not crazy about the Heroes Charge style job leveling/equipment system, but at least there's a Gear system for making choices without being as ridiculously grindy as Summoners War runes or FWT Gear summons. Though those games both have more longevity due to those systems to some degree.

Really glad arena fights are only 5x a day, period.

Friend ID is TH1HTZH2

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 21, 2017

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Clone Evo talk

Is Hitler a useful character?

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Looks like Lord's of Waterdeep is on sale for half-off until tomorrow. Can't comment on this implementation but the actual board game is a lot of fun.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

EzEight posted:

Clone Evo talk

Is Hitler a useful character?

Well, he's a purple that can be moved up to gold, so that makes him pretty nice. He has a really decent poison rate on his special attack, and seems built to have a high critical rate and randomly attack backrow dudes. I'd say that he looks really good, but seeing as how likely getting a gold hitler would be, you might not want to start building around him or anything.

He would pair nicely with any character that gets extra damage on poisoned enemies, too.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

DemonMage posted:

Yeah I'm playing Alchemist Code as well. Dunno if I'll keep going once I finish the story, but it's a decent enough gacha game. Not crazy about the Heroes Charge style job leveling/equipment system, but at least there's a Gear system for making choices without being as ridiculously grindy as Summoners War runes or FWT Gear summons. Though those games both have more longevity due to those systems to some degree.

Really glad arena fights are only 5x a day, period.

Friend ID is TH1HTZH2

My friend, there's an option to skip the arena fights so you never have to see how bad the AI is ever again.

My friend ID is BFH3VBBO

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I don't mind the arena because it's only 5x a day. Summoners War/FWT have recharging arena fights and +2 if you win the full set of matches. So you can wind up doing 20-30+ a day. And I loving hate PvP.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
I just finished the Stranger Things game and enjoyed it. Can anyone recommend a similar game?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

CloneEvo:

How do I level my dudes? I used every spare hero to burn them on my main line-up for quick XP but unlocking the Institute told me that I should probably stop that. Eating robots is still okay, right? Besides that, is there only auto-battle plus accompanying accelerate?

What are good things to spend gems on? I bet there's a few traps and a few cost-effective things to buy/reset/etc as there always are. Anyone got the scoop?

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

CloneEvo:

How do I level my dudes? I used every spare hero to burn them on my main line-up for quick XP but unlocking the Institute told me that I should probably stop that. Eating robots is still okay, right? Besides that, is there only auto-battle plus accompanying accelerate?

What are good things to spend gems on? I bet there's a few traps and a few cost-effective things to buy/reset/etc as there always are. Anyone got the scoop?

Using guild coins and expedition coins to buy blue robots let's you keep at least a full team of 6 constantly at max level. PvP coins are best used for the purple gear, and tavern coins are good for the mats to add stars to characters. As far as gems, I just wait for something interesting in the shop, there are usually at least discounted blue scrolls on every other refresh or so, and if you're patient with your gems you can grab the gold scrolls for like 1100.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
The red premium scrolls do the drop only purples and gold?

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Blues, purples, and golds. Only used one and got a purple Elvis.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp seems to be available for download for a lot of people right now, but there are apparently some server problems at the moment. For anyone into it there's also dedicated thread for the game here.

It also looks like Morphite, an exploratory FPS that bears more than a passing resemblance to No Man's Sky, is also out a bit earlier than its intended release this week. It seems to have gotten some decent reviews on other platforms.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 21, 2017

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I'm on alchemist code too, do we have a thread?

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I added you goons on alchemist code. I'm LZTTSOIW. Debating if I enjoy this game enough to justify getting the 30 day gem thing. Although I don't really as many gems in this game to succeed, I'm hoping to get enough gems for the third step roll but they swap features characters

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I can't seem to add any of you on alchemist code, is global split amongst EU/US?

Try adding NUEDOI5I

e: Oh I think a restart fixed that, sent requests to you guys I'm tesseract in game.

My main party so far is Zangetsu/Samurai, Rahu/Chronomancer, Almira/Hunter, and then currently forced to use Dias who sucks.

Anyway am I gonna get hosed later if I don't have a healer levelled up? I'm level 33 and on Chapter1: Ep2: Act3

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 21, 2017

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
For Alchemist Code, is there any reason not to use a level 75 mercenary when going into missions? Seems wildly balanced.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
I'm playing The Alchemist Code and enjoying it.

Friend ID: GN323P2B

I switch between Magnus and Vettel as my merc. Got really lucky on my first roll.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've been playing Alchemist's Code. Seems pretty solid, yeah. My code's KXL4YU4N. We were also talking about it a bit over in the Gacha games thread.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 21, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Namaer posted:

Blues, purples, and golds. Only used one and got a purple Elvis.

Really? I assumed it was purples and up. If I'd have gotten a blue I'd be pissed.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Morpheus posted:

For Alchemist Code, is there any reason not to use a level 75 mercenary when going into missions? Seems wildly balanced.

You can only use them 4 times a day. Like all of these games, they're great for getting through a tough mission but unless you play very very little it's not enough to do everything for you. My GUESS is that they're a way to show off the limited time units, since the four available perfectly match up with the 9 step summon boosted rate list.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

My main party so far is Zangetsu/Samurai, Rahu/Chronomancer, Almira/Hunter, and then currently forced to use Dias who sucks.

Anyway am I gonna get hosed later if I don't have a healer levelled up? I'm level 33 and on Chapter1: Ep2: Act3

Dias is pretty okay once you get him skilled up, though I don't like using the -def Passive for autoing (Over Limit). Though both him and Logi don't really come into their own until you unlock their second job if you're not there yet. I'm on Chapter 1: Ep 5 [1-1] and I don't really use a healer. You can just use healing potions if you really need it, and I'm usually overleveled enough to not need to. I've got a healer in my Sub tray though, since Mianne's shards are farmable for free right now.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

DemonMage posted:

You can only use them 4 times a day. Like all of these games, they're great for getting through a tough mission but unless you play very very little it's not enough to do everything for you. My GUESS is that they're a way to show off the limited time units, since the four available perfectly match up with the 9 step summon boosted rate list.

Ah that makes me kinda glad, actually - thinking that there was just a 'auto-win' button for every fight made me lose a lot of motivation to play.