Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
The Jags facebook page is very much worth following for stuff like this.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

It will be fitting when the Patriots brutally crush the Jaguars in the playoffs.

It will be just as poignant and heart breaking and make us the true hero in the minds of the reader.

I'm gonna cross-post this in Farthouse, I think it's cruel to keep it to ourselves.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 20, 2017

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I just want to live in a world where the Jaguars are hated but not for like Jerry Jones reasons or anything like that

Edit: Sample size blah blah blah but... Pre Dareus trade opponents were over 5 yards per carry. Post Dareus trade opponents are under 3 yards per carry

purkey fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 20, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Firing Jaxson

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Intruder posted:

Firing Jaxson

SHUT YO MOUTH

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Nice to see no Colts got hurt this week.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans/status/932262730857353216

Well that explains it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm on my phone...I can't tell what's going on, what is he doing?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wearing a Deshaun Watson jersey

Apparently no RB has returned successfully to their pre injury form from an achilles tear :smith:

Demaryus Thomas did though so... the slightest amount of hope?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cross-posting this here because it is going to get lost in the N/V thread: I caught myself daydreaming about Calais Campbell, in his return to the desert as a Jaguar, sacking Blaine "Whoa There Motherfucker" Gabbert over and over again.

Intruder posted:

Wearing a Deshaun Watson jersey

Apparently no RB has returned successfully to their pre injury form from an achilles tear :smith:

Demaryus Thomas did though so... the slightest amount of hope?
Adrian Peterson?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cross-posting this here because it is going to get lost in the N/V thread: I caught myself daydreaming about Calais Campbell, in his return to the desert as a Jaguar, sacking Blaine "Whoa There Motherfucker" Gabbert over and over again.

Adrian Peterson?

Did he tear an Achilles and an ACL?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pubic works project posted:

Did he tear an Achilles and an ACL?
Oh yeah, Peterson tore his ACL, not Achilles. Derp.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Man, I remember how sure everyone was that Clowney would be a bust because the microfracture surgery would derail his career and he'd never be dominant again

Holy poo poo was that wrong, dude is scary as hell

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Congrats on potentially finally for the first time ever winning the worst division in football (including last year when Mariota was oft-injured, as was Luck, and Brock Osweiler was starting for Houston)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Intruder posted:

Congrats on potentially finally for the first time ever winning the worst division in football (including last year when Mariota was oft-injured, as was Luck, and Brock Osweiler was starting for Houston)
I didn't know we were talking about the AFC West.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Jags fans are already becoming insufferable, jesus christ

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Demon Of The Fall posted:

And they haven't even won the feces crown.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:randstare:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

don't be a baby back bitch about this, friendo

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Randaconda posted:

I just think it's funny. The Jags are still the Jags and it's like you dummies forgot the history of your team and that they won't gently caress up in the most hilarious way possible at some point. It's gonna be great.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I didn't know you were a trump guy

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm not.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Randaconda posted:

Just don't fly too close to the sun, okay? Your forum friends are worried about you.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just think it's funny. The Jags are still the Jags and it's like you dummies forgot the history of your team and that they won't gently caress up in the most hilarious way possible at some point. It's gonna be great.
Ugh a team's fans are excited that they are decent for the first time in a decade :negative:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

Just don't fly too close to the sun, okay? Your forum friends are worried about you.
I've been more negative than most Jaguars fans of late but I cannot blame anyone for being excited that our favorite team is decent for the first time in a decade. The Super Bowl predictions and that dumb image of the AFCN bowing down are dumb but at least let us have some fun with it, yeeesh.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ugh a team's fans are excited that they are decent for the first time in a decade :negative:

We're not allowed to be excited about improving. :smithicide:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Randaconda posted:

We're not allowed to be excited about improving. :smithicide:
Nope now we've transitioned to being insufferable lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I've been more negative than most Jaguars fans of late but I cannot blame anyone for being excited that our favorite team is decent for the first time in a decade. The Super Bowl predictions and that dumb image of the AFCN bowing down are dumb but at least let us have some fun with it, yeeesh.

Hey man I was just kidding. I absolutely love watching the Jags, I mean that defense is a beast. Shame about Bortles but hey you can't have everything and they've been putting it together for sure. Hard to say if it will last but I wish the Jags the best.

They are definitely in the group of teams that I will go out of my way to watch, and I think there's reason to be excited about their play. Imagine that team with an elite quarterback.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

Hey man I was just kidding. I absolutely love watching the Jags, I mean that defense is a beast. Shame about Bortles but hey you can't have everything and they've been putting it together for sure. Hard to say if it will last but I wish the Jags the best.
Oh for sure, I get it, but apparently the Titans fans are jealous or something.

Especially when we all know that week 17 is going to decide the division

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Oh for sure, I get it, but apparently the Titans fans are jealous or something.

Especially when we all know that week 17 is going to decide the division

I like the Titans too, but they're hard to figure out. They've lost to some really bad teams and beaten some really good teams. The Texans put up 57 points against them (with Watson, obviously), but they handily beat Jacksonville last time. They have a reasonably easy schedule besides that rematch, so yeah, that could end up being a pretty epic game.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I don't see the Titans beating the Rams, which is the only difficult game left besides the rematch with the Jags. I don't see the Jags losing again, so Titans will have to play for a wildcard because I doubt they win the division as things stand right now.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

It’s been awhile since I’ve seen someone literally post “I’m not mad I just think it’s funny”

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

The jags were just in a late one possession game with the dang Browns. They can lose to anyone

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

That being said. Let's go 16-3

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Comrayn posted:

It’s been awhile since I’ve seen someone literally post “I’m not mad I just think it’s funny”

It is funny. It'll make the inevitable collapse all the more funny. How can I be mad, have ya'll won anything yet?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I remember being a fan of a team with an amazing defense, great OL and one of the top 2 or 3 RBs in the league but having a severe deficiency at QB

It was good enough to beat the Bengals in the playoffs at least

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

It is funny. It'll make the inevitable collapse all the more funny. How can I be mad, have ya'll won anything yet?

I’m from Houston so yes I think there was something in the news recently. I also am not mad btw in case anyone was wondering. Very calm over here.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

To see Eddie George run us over in the conference championship round was one thing. To see him do so when it was clear that his team was over-depending on him was another. What really made me salty, and boy howdy was I full of salt , was the simple fact that he compared himself to Superman. How he kept wearing Superman shirts and also how his home field played the John Williams theme. This became nerd rage, and I wanted to see Batman beat Superman. Mark Brunnell wasn't Batman and going into this game I was hoping Kurt Warner would be. It turned out Mike Jones was the Dark Knight, as he made The Tackle the same way Batman beat Bane. This little internal narrative of mine was helped by the constant ad presence for Batman V Superman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Probably Magic posted:

To see Eddie George run us over in the conference championship round was one thing. To see him do so when it was clear that his team was over-depending on him was another. What really made me salty, and boy howdy was I full of salt , was the simple fact that he compared himself to Superman. How he kept wearing Superman shirts and also how his home field played the John Williams theme. This became nerd rage, and I wanted to see Batman beat Superman. Mark Brunnell wasn't Batman and going into this game I was hoping Kurt Warner would be. It turned out Mike Jones was the Dark Knight, as he made The Tackle the same way Batman beat Bane. This little internal narrative of mine was helped by the constant ad presence for Batman V Superman.

:golfclap:

• Locked thread