Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Having two dogs, one of which is a rather large pile of muscle that is terrified of being bathed, I can only imagine it would end up with a peanut-buttter covered dog that is exactly 0% distracted from the fact he's being washed. Dogs scared about showers/baths flail around like mad and really don't give a poo poo about treats during their moment of GET ME THE gently caress OUTTA HERE horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I do the hook one for bathroom garbage cans. The can is also out of sight so it isn’t an eyesore with the hooks. Walla! Bathroom hacked.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I do reuse shopping bags for garbage instead of buying actual garbage bags but they seem to stay in place pretty well just from the force of gravity.

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

Scathach posted:

Having two dogs, one of which is a rather large pile of muscle that is terrified of being bathed, I can only imagine it would end up with a peanut-buttter covered dog that is exactly 0% distracted from the fact he's being washed. Dogs scared about showers/baths flail around like mad and really don't give a poo poo about treats during their moment of GET ME THE gently caress OUTTA HERE horror.

Depends on the dog. My sister's dog is terrified of baths and just freezes up and trembles. Of course, treats are still useless, because the dog's too scared to eat them.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The worst lifehacks always involve peanut butter.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › PYF Stupid Lifehacks: a peanut-butter covered dog that is exactly 0% distracted

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
Lifehack: cover your dog in peanut butter while he's already being bathed for easy cleanup

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Cover your wall in goop to distract someone from an unpleasant reality. Life hacked.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Distract your dog by gluing eggshells to the wall of your bathtub

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Distract your dog by gluing eggshells onto it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Does it ... does it involve mixing egg shells and banana peels?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
That's certainly a legit idea. But I'm not sure what the "How To" would read like.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I've seen that with coffee grounds added for good measure. Seems like you'd end up with mold. Just compost that poo poo.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › PYF Stupid Lifehacks: a peanut-butter covered dog that is exactly 0% distracted

gently caress yea

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Today's Tom Sawyer
Gets by on you
And the paint he faked
Gets dry on you
:argh:Damnit Wasabi, the music started right up as soon as I finished reading that.
Life hack: To stop this song playing over and over in your head, listen to something fast and abrassive repeatedly until your brain melts out of your ears

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I've seen that with coffee grounds added for good measure. Seems like you'd end up with mold. Just compost that poo poo.

Mold needs fertilizer too. Fungist!

CuteStorm
Sep 22, 2010

Haifisch posted:

"Smear Peanut Butter On Your Shower Wall To Distract Your Dog In The Bath"

I tried this. My dog was very unhappy and refused to acknowledge the pb at all. I kept trying to nudge her toward it and she just ducked away in sadness at the indignity of bath time. Then again she's 10 lbs so it's not like she really needs distracting, she can't get out of the tub if she wanted to. D- hack, dog was miserable, I had to deal with pb everywhere. I put it on saran wrap and slapped it on the wall, but it was still gross.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

CuteStorm posted:

I tried this. My dog was very unhappy and refused to acknowledge the pb at all. I kept trying to nudge her toward it and she just ducked away in sadness at the indignity of bath time. Then again she's 10 lbs so it's not like she really needs distracting, she can't get out of the tub if she wanted to. D- hack, dog was miserable, I had to deal with pb everywhere. I put it on saran wrap and slapped it on the wall, but it was still gross.

Did you just smear it on the wall and then try to show it to her? You've got to get your dog worked up about it first, or else she wont be interested. Let her know she's getting a treat, make her do a few tricks, things like that. After a while of teasing, when you finally let her at it she'll be too busy to notice anything else.

At least, that's how I get my dog to take her pills. She always does baths okay.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Did you just feed your dog saran wrap? Or is my understanding of dogs wrong?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Karate Bastard posted:

Did you just feed your dog saran wrap? Or is my understanding of dogs wrong?

I think they meant they put saran wrap on the wall, then peanut butter on the wrap to keep the walls of the shower clean for easy clean up.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sure yeah you mean your dog has sufficient table manners to stop at just lapping up the skippy?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I can't believe that smearing goop on your wall didn't work as a life hack. Disappointing. What a conundrum. Maybe try different goops?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

SpacePig posted:

I can't believe that smearing goop on your wall didn't work as a life hack. Disappointing. What a conundrum. Maybe try different goops?

Instructions unclear, am now homeless.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Instructions also unclear, gave money to Gwyneth Paltrow (again.)

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Loomer posted:

Instructions also unclear, gave money to Gwyneth Paltrow (again.)

Did you at least get her to lick peanut butter off you?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

lifehack: read this thread at work and start laughing to quickly inform your boss you're not being productive at all!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Hack fine. dog clearly faulty. Try different dog and report back.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

lifehack: read this thread at work and start laughing to quickly inform your boss you're not being productive at all!
lifehack: read posts to coworkers (including your boss) so they know what a fuckin' weirdo you are

this is doubly useful for finding the weirdos/goons in your office

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just cooked macaroni on a frying pan is it a life-hack even though it turned out just fine and saved a bit of water?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Yawgmoth posted:

lifehack: read posts to coworkers (including your boss) so they know what a fuckin' weirdo you are

this is doubly useful for finding the weirdos/goons in your office

True story: I found a cool friend at work when we both quoted the contemporaneous meme thread at each other, recognized what we were doing, then simultaneously asked if we had stairs in our houses. We were both shamed by this, and this shame formed a bond that would stand for all time be broken when he turned TCC and I went PYF/D&D

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Jerry Cotton posted:

I just cooked macaroni on a frying pan is it a life-hack even though it turned out just fine and saved a bit of water?

Do it again, but this time do a time lapse video with some jangly guitar music. That'll make it a life hack.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Do it again, but this time do a time lapse video with some jangly guitar music. That'll make it a life hack.

Seems like a lot more effort :thunk: I could sing a bit if that helps?

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Would also accept some stock photos of macaroni and various kitchen utensils, as well as a page before you describe it talking about how life changing it will be.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Jerry Cotton posted:

If you're gonna sing, you may as well do it in real time and use a whole bunch of jump cuts. Try to make sure you also have something audibly buzzing or humming somewhere nearby.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hell yes. Can you make it feature forklifts?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

Hell yes. Can you make it feature forklifts?

I mean I could.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Finally, a use for all of these worthless forklifts I have just lying around my house collecting dust. Please, hack my forklift, Jerry Cotton.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Finally, a use for all of these worthless forklifts I have just lying around my house collecting dust. Please, hack my forklift, Jerry Cotton.

*removes ur princeton rod*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Jerry Cotton posted:

Put it on the wall, see if your dog likes it.