Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Vakal posted:

What did they change that made condemn not suck against single target's like rift bosses?
It's still not a particularly great single-target spec, but the damage buffs carry you through low RGs and Stricken carries you through higher ones (albeit slowly). And its trash damage is significant enough that you have the time to stack Stricken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

euphronius posted:

Playing tons of IK Hota and still not tired of it . Getting real lazy too just face tanking multiple molten explosions .

Yeah, happy with this as my first season 12 character. Running around with full fury all the time, yelling a lot and speed-smashing everything with hammers. The set dungeon was pretty easy, too. I’ve messed around with WW too, which is fun, but then I go back to Screaming Hammer Guy.

Only thing I wish I had more of was mobility, so I’ll probably see what Furious Charge is like. Although WW with Sprint and the War Cry belt that boosts speed is pretty fast.

Barb seems really solid.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
So I'm gambling for set pieces with my DH and need the 5th or 6th piece of all the sets. Since I can easily convert a duplicate set piece to the correct slot with the Cube, it seems to me I should be gambling for the gear slot where I'm most likely to get a set piece (instead of some legendary I don't need). Am I correct in thinking that this is the shoulder slot, where DHs seem to have only three legendary shoulders outside of sets?

I'm going off the info here, which seems to match my personal experience:

https://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala

In any event, stick with shoulders, right?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

McCoy Pauley posted:

So I'm gambling for set pieces with my DH and need the 5th or 6th piece of all the sets. Since I can easily convert a duplicate set piece to the correct slot with the Cube, it seems to me I should be gambling for the gear slot where I'm most likely to get a set piece (instead of some legendary I don't need). Am I correct in thinking that this is the shoulder slot, where DHs seem to have only three legendary shoulders outside of sets?

I'm going off the info here, which seems to match my personal experience:

https://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala

In any event, stick with shoulders, right?

Sorta, that's a good way to get 3-4 of the Set Pieces. But once you've got 4 or 5 of the 6 pieces, you're better off just targeting the specific slot you're missing, because (assuming you need Helmet for the 6th piece) you've got better odds from hitting the 1/11 chance on Helmets than you are the 1/7 chance on Shoulders plus the 1/6 chance of converting from Shoulders to Helmet.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Apparently complaining in this thread works, because I got that T12 rift goal done on my 1st try today. :v: It was a weird one floor rift, but between swapping out my generator for Vault (I've unintentionally got to the point where I've basically got infinite Hatred while channeling Strafe as long as I keep Vengeance up, so no need for a generator) and there being just enough monster density, it was straight-forward.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
NA challenge is up and its DH multishot. Cake walk but you're crazy squishy.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
Are there any decent weapons that aren't Eun-jang-do (which I don't have) to put on Templar dude if you're using dual Unity?

I probably don't want to lose Oculus ring, so that's Wyrdward out, which means the usual sword is basically tickling 'em with a mild shock.

If the answer is just give him Pigsticker for the squeals, then that is my current choice.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

xiansi posted:

Are there any decent weapons that aren't Eun-jang-do (which I don't have) to put on Templar dude if you're using dual Unity?

I probably don't want to lose Oculus ring, so that's Wyrdward out, which means the usual sword is basically tickling 'em with a mild shock.

If the answer is just give him Pigsticker for the squeals, then that is my current choice.

You can use TF for the debuff. Even if it's not stunning, that debuff is pretty nice.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Clapping Larry

DrSeRRoD posted:

You can use TF for the debuff. Even if it's not stunning, that debuff is pretty nice.

Oh, right, maybe I should read all the text!

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
This season is the first time I actually stick around at max level and do the endgame legendary chase. I'm playing a wizard, so far still only have the gifted Vyr's. I switched to an ancient 2-hander when I first got one, but I'm wondering if this non-ancient Deathwish might not be better.

My energy spender when I'm not in Archon is Disintegrate + Convergence due to having rolled +fire damage %. I lucked out gambling and got Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac, which is currently cubed. My weapon cube isn't very fancy, just Cosmic Strand for now. I also have a non-ancient Chantodo's Will. No real sources synergizing to speak of, just a bunch of triumvirates and an oculus...

Is it worth switching to that Deathwish? Should I just cube it?

Also, if that changes anything, I hate myself so I'm playing Hardcore.

e: vvvvvv

Oh, I should mention that I'm trying to grow out of Vyr's -- the whole "burst everything once every minute" isn't as fun as a steady stream of murder.

Also, it seems as though Deathwish over the 2-hander is giving me bigger damage outside of Archon, and it doesn't really matter during Archon outside of Rift bosses.

e2: When using Hope of Cain to upgrade, do the stats on the Rare upgrade matter (i.e.: should I be focusing on int+cdr to have a legendary with those), or do they get rerolled from the upgrade anyway?

Jan fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 21, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
^^^ Do everything in your power to get a Chantodo's Force, and equip it and Chantodo's Will. Just having your full Vyr set and the Chantodo set will make you quite powerful.

Once you've got that, try to get these things too:

Fazula's Improbable Chain (Belt, wear it)
Starfire (Wand, Cube it)
The Swami (Hat, Cube it)
Manald Heal (Ring, Cube it)

Once you've got those bits, make sure you've got Paralysis selected as a Passive and get ready to LOL at the enemies!

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

mentalcontempt posted:

Yeah, happy with this as my first season 12 character. Running around with full fury all the time, yelling a lot and speed-smashing everything with hammers. The set dungeon was pretty easy, too. I’ve messed around with WW too, which is fun, but then I go back to Screaming Hammer Guy.

Only thing I wish I had more of was mobility, so I’ll probably see what Furious Charge is like. Although WW with Sprint and the War Cry belt that boosts speed is pretty fast.

Barb seems really solid.

It's a great build if somewhat squishy if you use focus/restraint and I felt I didn't need the extra damage from it, so I switched to Band of Might, RoRG and CoE and this works great until around GR80. Just make sure to not be as stupid as me and charge mobs, charge the ground behind them so you avoid things like firechains. Charging over/trough most of the elite abilities seems to ignore the damage. Meet Olga
Some rerolls might be bad because the build on diablofans didn't actually list priorities for all slots. Pretty sure I want to get rid of all the movement speed rolls, since apparently they don't work with Standoff. And I guess I should reroll the Vit on the weapon to 10% damage?

Still trying to get a decent Hellfire amulet with phys damage and a decent trait. In the meantime would it be worth it to drop CoE, cube RoRG and use a Traveler Set for more survivability at GR80+? Or what are my options for jewelry?

mmartinx
Nov 30, 2004
Got a gg yang's yesterday after probably 2 dozen reforges or so https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mmartinx-1730/hero/95613914

Pretty happy with my gear, I've been playing mostly solo so going slow with Caldesanns and my gems are still pretty low. I'm gambling for a better chest with a relevant toughness stat. After that:

- Ancient wraps with high DR
- Ancient rings w/ good rolls I have some with a lovely 3rd primary so using non ancients
- Pants/boots with all res instead of armor
- Better rolled ancient hellfire ideally with something like ballistics or awareness that I'm always gonna run rather than tactical advantage which I drop in high GR
- Vit on gloves instead of CDR, I'd rather have CDR on shoulder/ring/quiver (instead of MS damage), I have one banked but I want to get my rings situation straightened out first

My current setup w/ gogoks and nems is for speedrunning GR 70s, if I go up to 80+ I swap in trapped/thrill of the hunt/wraps. I also generally use hunter's wrath because it feels a lot faster, witching hour is just for sheet DPS when logging out

mmartinx fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Nov 21, 2017

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

CoE is stupid and paying attention to a little element icon or worse, setting a loving timer for the right proc sucks rear end

All true, Krysbin's Sentence is CoE except fun and good.

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope
A low content post to reinforce the idea that god does exist, somewhere

That sweet sweet bonus monster xp really rounds it out

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

buildmorefarms posted:

Pretty much flawless rolls. I hate you.

:thermidor:

Eat the rich.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

buildmorefarms posted:

I dunno man, the Primal Mempo I got the other night begs to differ.

:negative:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

buildmorefarms posted:

That +exp per kill is terrible. Salvage it. :colbert:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
drat this season was easy to 100%

But lol, I assumed that the portrait frame would just keep upgrading, not that I'd end up with 5 versions of it to choose from in my inventory

Necromancer is weird as gently caress. I bet the console and PC leader boards are very different

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

drat this season was easy to 100%

But lol, I assumed that the portrait frame would just keep upgrading, not that I'd end up with 5 versions of it to choose from in my inventory

Necromancer is weird as gently caress. I bet the console and PC leader boards are very different

The biggest difference is that on the PC leaderboard it’s only PC players

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So how do I gear out my other characters? Run rifts on my main, then get to 70 on my others and just gamble until I get a set?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

So how do I gear out my other characters? Run rifts on my main, then get to 70 on my others and just gamble until I get a set?

As always, the solution is to leech off others! See if you can join somebody for some T13 nephs... you'll get actual drops for your new character + more death breath and blood than if you were solo-ing

Alternatively if you must solo, accumulate resources on your main guy, then switch to your newbie and spend blood and deffbreffs on Shoulders, which have the best chance of being Green Set Gear.

Then use the Convert Set Item to get ~4 of each set.

Then start targeting the specific slot (helm, chest,etc.) that you're missing to get the full 6pc bonus. Once you've got a 6pc set you're powerful enough to farm ~T9 rifts for gear.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Thank you! I pretty much roll solo, so I’ll just breeze through some grifts on my main then spend the shards on some rad shoulders.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Thank you! I pretty much roll solo, so I’ll just breeze through some grifts on my main then spend the shards on some rad shoulders.

Did you get a Gem of Ease to rank 25 yet? That will cut the time it takes to get a guy from 1 to 70 down to about a half hour. You can socket a gem of ease in a level 70 legendary weapon and equip it on a Level 1 character, and kills get you like 1,750 XP!

Also a Hellfire Ring, those give tons of bonus XP and can equip at level 1.

Also put Leoric's Crown in kanai's cube so that your level 1 guy can equip that as his Kanai Cube power, and socket a ruby into your helmet immediately for even more XP.

Getting 1 to 70 should only take like 15-20 minutes on an alt with a tiny bit of planning ahead.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Did you get a Gem of Ease to rank 25 yet? That will cut the time it takes to get a guy from 1 to 70 down to about a half hour. You can socket a gem of ease in a level 70 legendary weapon and equip it on a Level 1 character, and kills get you like 1,750 XP!

Also put Leoric's Crown in kanai's cube so that your level 1 guy can equip that as his Kanai Cube power, and socket a ruby into your helmet immediately for even more XP.

Getting 1 to 70 should only take like 15-20 minutes on an alt with a tiny bit of planning ahead.

What

How did I not know this

So much wasted time leveling to 70 :negative:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Does anyone not level by leeching in t6 rifts????!

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I level alone, on normal, uphill both ways.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

I level alone, on normal, uphill both ways.

I level alone, but I totally make that slope go downhill!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You can socket a gem of ease in a level 70 legendary weapon and equip it on a Level 1 character, and kills get you like 1,750 XP!

Or, if you only want one alt, or have a very general-purpose weapon, you can sacrifice the lvl 25 gem of ease via cube recipe to remove the level requirement and keep the gem slot for a flawless ruby or emerald, for complete overkill. You lose the XP though.

Technically you can do that for any piece of gear, but that's probably going too far.

Also, even un-levelled legendary gems (molten wildebeest especially) are amazing while power-levelling yourself. If you go for the hellfire ring + amulet combo, plus any other random ring with a slot then you can do T6 well into the '50s, which can get you some useful cube-able legendaries along the way. Massively inefficient if you just want to be 70 of course.

And a 'don't be an idiot like me' tip - make sure you roll hellfire amulet with new lvl 1 character, and not your main, otherwise the passive will be useless.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mostly rift alone . I don't like the thing where you just chase the fastest guy and Hoover Dee bees

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The hellfire amulet is equippable by a level 1 as well ;)

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

euphronius posted:

I mostly rift alone . I don't like the thing where you just chase the fastest guy and Hoover Dee bees

get faster

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

So you play new seasonal characters solo?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So you play new seasonal characters solo?

Not for bounties.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Man The Thrill is such a joke now. Didn't have non set pieces for shoulder, hands, neck, chest so I just did it half naked. Took 5 minutes.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

bamhand posted:

Man The Thrill is such a joke now. Didn't have non set pieces for shoulder, hands, neck, chest so I just did it half naked. Took 5 minutes.

Same. Only pieces of note were Unstable Scepter and Triumvirate for Frozen Orb.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

euphronius posted:

It can be lovely, but you should really be taking advantage of the wardrobe to have a speed-set with fastest loving passive/abils you can reasonably stack without too much toughness/dps hit (which honestly you don't need for the most part even in t13 rifts). At the end half the fun is trying to plow through as quick as possible and repeat for several rounds then go splurge through all your shards/legendary loot.

Also play with less lovely people. the worst is the one guy that just super speeds to kill only elites and doesn't even pickup stuff and leaves big packs alone. I'll at least speed and make sure to kill pretty much everything sans the couple of tough dudes not worth beating down so there's a path and it really does add up for the meter.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Xaris posted:

Also play with less lovely people. the worst is the one guy that just super speeds to kill only elites and doesn't even pickup stuff and leaves big packs alone. I'll at least speed and make sure to kill pretty much everything sans the couple of tough dudes not worth beating down so there's a path and it really does add up for the meter.

This is the sort I hate, yeah. I've grown used to rifting quickly, but this part still bugs me when it happens. I don't expect to blow up every monster, but let's blow up some big groups at least! That's half the fun.

Sort of on the same topic, is there a good necro build for speed in T13? Other classes I do okay, but even doing things like the Corpse Speed passive and Krelm's belt, I feel like I can never keep up on a necro.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mind over Matter posted:

This is the sort I hate, yeah. I've grown used to rifting quickly, but this part still bugs me when it happens. I don't expect to blow up every monster, but let's blow up some big groups at least! That's half the fun.

Sort of on the same topic, is there a good necro build for speed in T13? Other classes I do okay, but even doing things like the Corpse Speed passive and Krelm's belt, I feel like I can never keep up on a necro.

Inarius with Corpse Lance and a Boon.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Man you guys were right about Sunwuko. Dropping bells kills everything. The hardest part is keeping sweeping wind up, and that's trivial as long as there are enemies nearby. It's only a problem when there are stretches with nobody around, and only then because the duration is shorter than I think and I forget sometimes to reapply. I went from GR40 or so in my Ulianas to GR70 in Sunwuko with no issues at all.

Is the icy veins build the best or is there a better one out there? I don't have Restraint yet and almost never use a generator, so I'm thinking of dropping at least Spirit Guards from the cube. Maybe a ring too (i have Focus equipped currently) if i can find a better one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

myron cope posted:

The hardest part is keeping sweeping wind up, and that's trivial as long as there are enemies nearby. It's only a problem when there are stretches with nobody around, and only then because the duration is shorter than I think and I forget sometimes to reapply.

Time for you to gamble Kyoshiro's Soul