Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Don't doxx me please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Fister Roboto posted:

Just had this tank in Skalla:

That's for single target, of course.

Does that red text mean a wipe on a normal pack?

edit: in addition to the obvious problems

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Still trying to get over the fact that Ysayle’s grand plan to stop a thousand years of war was to dress up as the vore-fetishist playmate of a geriatric lizard several hundred times her size and awkwardly hit on him.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

and even then said lizard was like "lol girl please the real shiva was way kinkier than you"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

and even then said lizard was like "lol girl please the real shiva was way kinkier than you"

That was the weirdest way to learn about primals.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Does that red text mean a wipe on a normal pack?

edit: in addition to the obvious problems

Yep. On the one before the final boss.

Fister Roboto posted:

People really have trouble with the last pull of Skalla? It's like only six mobs. The one before the second boss is a lot bigger and harder.

:irony:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Does anybody do the full pull between the first and second boss in Skalla? I usually see it split into three - the first guy and the block monsters by the first chest, the set of two rockmen and block monsters by the second chest, and then the pack before the door.

Are there walls in between them that I've never noticed before or can you actually pull all 15 or 16 mobs right up to the second boss?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah, there's a wall next to the first chest. I only do the rest of it in one pull if I have a full premade with me. Even then it's kind of sketchy.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, there's a wall next to the first chest. I only do the rest of it in one pull if I have a full premade with me. Even then it's kind of sketchy.

Thanks. I thought as much, but I had never noticed.

That second pull would be pretty tough without expecting it, though. All of those monsters soak up a lot of damage before they go down.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Leofish posted:

Thanks. I thought as much, but I had never noticed.

That second pull would be pretty tough without expecting it, though. All of those monsters soak up a lot of damage before they go down.

Also three Plain Pounds from the Dhaara's means you can dodge one and still get one shot from the other two if you're not the tank.

Even as the tank taking one of those is dicey.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Meh, stupid maintenance.

I really wanted to blitz all the 60-70 MCH quests so I can get flamethrower so I can get rid of all of my aiming gearcan also join the MCH army.

And I guess one of my skills are to my.. turret... explode? Okay, 800 potency; are we talking regular potency or like pet potency?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Leofish posted:

Does anybody do the full pull between the first and second boss in Skalla? I usually see it split into three - the first guy and the block monsters by the first chest, the set of two rockmen and block monsters by the second chest, and then the pack before the door.

Are there walls in between them that I've never noticed before or can you actually pull all 15 or 16 mobs right up to the second boss?

It's not really that great to pull the whole thing to the second boss because all those mobs have a bunch of pointblank aoe's that completely gently caress your melee from doing anything, and the phoebads cause everything to spread the hell out so even ranged aoe isn't as effective as it could be.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Fuuuck, haven't played in a couple days and just tried to log in :smith:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Was on the last boss of the vault when maintenance hit. Coulda cleared with a minute to spare but our healer died to chains. :negative:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Bolow posted:

It's not really that great to pull the whole thing to the second boss because all those mobs have a bunch of pointblank aoe's that completely gently caress your melee from doing anything, and the phoebads cause everything to spread the hell out so even ranged aoe isn't as effective as it could be.

The phoebads don't have collision so it's not that bad as long as the tank stacks all the enemies inside one of them.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

MechaX posted:

Meh, stupid maintenance.

I really wanted to blitz all the 60-70 MCH quests so I can get flamethrower so I can get rid of all of my aiming gearcan also join the MCH army.

And I guess one of my skills are to my.. turret... explode? Okay, 800 potency; are we talking regular potency or like pet potency?

It's what you alternate with Overcharge every other Wildfire.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Darth Walrus posted:

Still trying to get over the fact that Ysayle’s grand plan to stop a thousand years of war was to dress up as the vore-fetishist playmate of a geriatric lizard several hundred times her size and awkwardly hit on him.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Heavensward owns.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh I get it.

he's catfishing

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

WrightOfWay posted:

Because that would just mean that DRK is a required slot.

you say that like it's a bad thing

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I never thought I'd miss something to dump tomes into, but not having the Relic Armor sucks.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I wish there were more macuahuitls in this game. They're such a unique weapon type compared to boring old swords. I can't think of any other RPG that has macuahuitls.

Going back to this because I saw this post earlier and wanted to comment.

The only other game where I've seen the name mentioned is Etrian Odyssey IV, but since that's a first-person dungeon crawler, you don't ever see the weapon like you do in this game.

They're definitely an interesting weapon; one we might see again if/when we do a "New World" expansion.

This one appears to have an interesting model, but I can't find a source for the drop anywhere. Is it a 1.0 weapon that can no longer be obtained?

Edit: VV - Ah, thanks! I hadn't seen that one.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Nov 21, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Leofish posted:

Going back to this because I saw this post earlier and wanted to comment.

The only other game where I've seen the name mentioned is Etrian Odyssey IV, but since that's a first-person dungeon crawler, you don't ever see the weapon like you do in this game.

They're definitely an interesting weapon; one we might see again if/when we do a "New World" expansion.

This one appears to have an interesting model, but I can't find a source for the drop anywhere. Is it a 1.0 weapon that can no longer be obtained?

Probably. Either that, or a retainer Quick Venture drop. Look into http://garlandtools.org/db/#item/6270 instead. Same model.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

RIP Engage button (patch notes are out)

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/fc2b7b7429f139b0bbab2f19620f3c1efcf30368

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

quote:

When using the performance actions, you are strictly prohibited from performing the music of any third parties.

Good luck enforcing this.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hommando posted:

This has to be a DMCA take down type thing, it’ll be enforced if they start getting messages from lawyers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Giant Yellow and Green/Blue whatever you'd call it Carby mounts added.

You need to win the new PVP 100 times for that robot gorilla mount.

By don't do it, the'll probably just mean "yo don't upload videos or stream yourself playing drowning pool where people can prove you did it or we have to tell you off if DMCA idiots report it"

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 21, 2017

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RIP quick squadron dungeons, will probably still be quicker than actual people.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hommando posted:

All they have to do is add a "report poo poo taste in music" button to the "report RMT" chat menu option and I'll gladly help them enforce it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Giant Yellow and Green/Blue whatever you'd call it Carby mounts added

Wait, where do you see this?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, where do you see this?

Datamining thread on Reddit.

No clue as to the source, but I would guess loyalty sub reward. Been a while since the weird airship thing ended.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

New PVP had better not suck because I'm going to be grinding my rear end off.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

That Raubahn mount looks strange.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tonberry, Carbuncle and Gilgamesh are no longer congested worlds.

I'd read there'd been a mass exodus of Gilga for whatever reason, feels odd to see it opening up though.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Good, Gilgamesh markets have been mostly dead when it comes to low level gear. There's also been a problem with FC recruitment since everyone is already level 70, so you couldn't grow an FC with new players.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'd read there'd been a mass exodus of Gilga for whatever reason

There were no new players on the server which made the community feel stale. The newbie areas were all dead, it is impossible to start a new FC, you couldn't play with friends who were new to the game unless you made an alt, and like I said above, low level markets were messed up.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Nov 21, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

lmfao

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
The performance actions really need their own hotbar. This thing is a mess and I can't spare one of the preexisting hotbars.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's pretty crap.

You basically need to set your hotbar per song, which is real bad.
Can't believe playing a fake harp would be complex.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

To the poo poo Summoner in Rabanastre who needed the caster legs despite having full aug Allagan

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuu
They're not even a good glamour and your Skalla coat of casting looks like poo poo! poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.

Darth Walrus posted:

I literally just did this quest yesterday and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.